CM Punk Losing WWE Title Soon?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that it would be a bad move to take the title off Punk again. WWE need to remember how hot he was after MITB but then THEY ruined it all when they took the title from him in the way they did. WWE will listen to the fans which are always the most vocal when Punk is out and also money talks and his merchandise is outselling Cena at the moment so he will continue to be pushed.

Honestly I think this is just a case of a wrestling news site making something up that will get people talking without any real basis of truth.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
A lot of people are upset that Punk is a bonafide baby face now. He isn't the edgy character everyone was tuning in to see a few months ago. Johnny Ace also makes Raw boring as hell. I don't think it's all Punk's fault, but Raw has been crap as a whole.

BananaBOMB

Reaction score
Why hatred, why?

I actually joined this site....to ask HATRED, why is everything you say..actually parts of comments from other wrestling news websites?
your 2 posts in this... are exact word for word comments i just read on wrestlezone.com's comments on the article about punk.... does it make you feel smart using other peoples words as your own or something?
i just don't get why you cant post with your own words...

Aniking

Reaction score
I actually joined this site....to ask HATRED, why is everything you say..actually parts of comments from other wrestling news websites?
your 2 posts in this... are exact word for word comments i just read on wrestlezone.com's comments on the article about punk.... does it make you feel smart using other peoples words as your own or something?
i just don't get why you cant post with your own words...

I may not be Hatred, but I don't understand the need for posting this. All he's doing is pasting news articles regarding certain topics for all of us to see, and the fact is I'm thankful for him doing so. The best way to not skip any of the details is to throw exactly what was reported in a post and throw it up, but really that's just common sense to know that.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I really hope the WWE don't pull the trigger on this and decide to take the title off Punk before Wrestlemania. He may not be as edgy as he used to be, but surely Punk can't be the reason for the crappy ratings. The guy is gold and is very over with the fans, so there's got to be another explanation.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I may not be Hatred, but I don't understand the need for posting this. All he's doing is pasting news articles regarding certain topics for all of us to see, and the fact is I'm thankful for him doing so. The best way to not skip any of the details is to throw exactly what was reported in a post and throw it up, but really that's just common sense to know that.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I really hope the WWE don't pull the trigger on this and decide to take the title off Punk before Wrestlemania. He may not be as edgy as he used to be, but surely Punk can't be the reason for the crappy ratings. The guy is gold and is very over with the fans, so there's got to be another explanation.
I think he meant his actual comments on the article were copied, not the actual news itself.

So Punk's plan to change the business was to drag it's ratings to record lows? 8D

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I have just one thing to say. Are you serious bro?!

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I post the news and have to add some sort of comment at least, yes they're not my comments but I agree with them and have the same thoughts, they are also very good opinions that others can see and debate about. Also if I do type something then it will just turn out like that anyway. I attempt to at least switch some things up but it just turns out like the persons post. A bit stupid to put quote tags on them too.

Does it really matter if I use their opinions though anyway? Like damn, I can post whatever I want. But whatever, if you really want me to, I'll start doing my own comments or will you come back stalking my posts and whinge they look the same? Are you really that sad to join WS just to post that then stop using it?

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
To be fair, he should drop it if he can't draw. Let him sell shirts and merch, but don't give him the strap when other people can draw better, same with Orton.

The fact is Punks reigns as in multiple, have been badly rated throughout his career, all slips from past champs aside from Del Rio who sucks in his own right. When he was at his hottest he was bashing the company on his way out, but it makes no sense to let him bash it while he is locked in for years under contract. He also got hurt when his arguments were destroyed by Triple H and he was left repeating the same shit with no counter parts in their promo battle.

Kane can draw better. Kane drew better when comparing their SD reigns. We know Cena can draw better. Miz for all his faults drew better and was more must see for the casual. Jericho isn't the answer and neither is Orton as neither man draws viewers despite bing over. Personally what I would do from a business standpoint, would be to put the strap on HHH, Kane, or Cena. You put it on HHH and build to the match with Taker and the streak, plus add HBK to the mix as a ref. You put it on Cena for the match with Rock so that the title gets press throughout the media for his return match. You put it on Kane as a kick ass monster and bring the ultimate underdog in to challenge him in Rey if he can go at Mania, or have Sheamus win the Rumble and stomp everyone in his way the weeks after winning while Kane does the same.

If you are going to keep Punk in contention, have him drop it via screwjob to Miz and then let him chase until Mania where he gets screwed by Ace and Miz time after time

And yeah before it gets said, stop hiding behind the fact Rock and Cena will draw as an excuse for them to not place their best draws against each other in high profile matches at Mania to boost the Network launch which they have millions riding on. They can't have guys tuning out the top matches outside of that main event because it looks bad to advertisers, and that is why they will not take Kane, HHH, Orton, and Taker and face them off against weak names when they can out them against one another and put the weak young names in the undercard and show views escalating by the hour and say yeah these guys fucking draw so let's sell some ad space around them. That is just business. It is like saying LA vs Boston or LA vs Milwaukee for the nba, what do you really think advertisers and investors want to sell advertisements during?

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Another thing as it pertains to ratings reminds me of something Higan once said. Hulk would take breaks or small vacations from the title in WCW just to see what another guy would draw viewer wise and be able to say, see this is why I am the guy who should have the strap.

Honestly Cena and Orton could be doing the same thing with Punk and Bryan. For Cena it is clearly working and comical to even compare Punk to him as a casual attraction for viewers. For Orton, Henry bit him in the ass sideways, but Bryan may flop and help get him closer to the HHH count.

Let's not act like Vince and Trips don't know the business and aren't watching, waiting to formulate an opinion and even say hey this is why we don't follow the fucking Internet and what snarky smarks want in this business

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Batista had some reigns that didn't do all that good rating wise on Raw (not the SD ones) are you gonna say he can't draw? Of course not cause he still drew in other areas like Punk does. If the guy can sell more merch than Cena which hasn't been done in the past 5 years and is doing well in drawing in live events then obviously he isn't the sole reason for that bad rating. I've always been a believer that the rating is a reflection on the company rather than one guy. The main event had a bunch of guys that were mid card and upper card guys and then you had Punk. If Punk wasn't making money for the company then I would take the ratings more seriously as a indication that he is the problem but that isn't the case.

I mean even when the last time Rock was on Raw the rating was only a 3.2 where usually when a guy like Rock shows up he gets them in the high 3.0s. So I think it's unfair to just point at him and say he's the reason why the rating is low when you don't even have your champ have a equal heel to feud with that the fans buy into.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Batista still drew better than Punk and better than anyone not named Cena and HHH in general. He set a ratings record on Spike TV when he signed the contract to face HHH. It isn't like he ever struggled to get people to watch whatever he did on tv or pay to watch him on ppv. Guy was no Cena, but the fact is he wasn't a guy getting bad quarters and overruns consistently on both brands either. That is Orton territory and why Punk should be a heel instead of the face of any company

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I didn't say Punk drew more than Dave that wasn't even my point and would be stupid for me to say that anyways considering Punk's run on top isn't caught up to Dave's time on top yet. I said he had reigns on Raw's that did high 2.0's and instead of 3's but yet the man was still a draw because he drew in other areas regardless. So when people were saying a few years back saying lol Batista can't draw cause the show got this and this rating on Raw (not his first run on Raw I'm talking when he went back to Raw by the way) it was Blue to say that because the man still drew. Live events that have Punk headlining and such are doing well and his shit with his name on it is selling so he's drawing in other areas hence my comparison.

Like I said if these ratings happened and live event and Smackdown crowd numbers starting falling like they did a few months back on Smackdown then I would agree Punk is the issue as much I' am a fan of Punk but this isn't the case.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
To be fair Orton has similar success in terms of selling as long as he was on Raw with Cena. I'd be interested to see Punk in place of Orton on SD and if the brand took a hit. Raw will always sell slightly more and the mere thought of Cena will always sell tickets and attract eyes as long as he is on the same card, sort of like when Taker was more active for the blue brand

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Orton did not sell to the level that Punk is doing I'm certain of that. You can do research and see when it comes to the merch the only person who ever beat Cena in that was Rock and that was for one day which Punk broke the one day record that Rock had. So I mean if Punk is bringing in money for the company I'm sure that means more to Vince than a show rating when show ratings don't mean as much as they used to. As I said in my other post it's not helping that right now Punk doesn't have that equal or higher foe to him to feud with. Miz had Cena, Henry had Orton and now Big Show who has been built as a big threat that Henry can't beat. Punk has a guy who the fans go to sleep on in Del Rio and Miz who while I like hasn't been built up well lately.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
Let's hope Vince actually has patience. If he does, it will work out. If not, then we will have John Cena winning the title in February, and will have the championship for WrestleMania.