Christian Cage/TNA/WWE Updates and Discussions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

The word going around backstage last night at the TNA Turning Point PPV among the wrestlers is that Christian Cage will be leaving the company for WWE when his contract expires next month.

TNA sources indicated they are still in discussions with Cage, but the word among the wrestlers was strong enough that I wanted to make note of it.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=34544&p=1

JTG

Reaction score
I want Christian back on SmackDown. Christian vs. Jeff Hardy at Armageddon this year, please.

MikeRaw

So when exactly does his contract expire? I hope it's sooner ratehr than later.

chessarmy

Bad career choice, he's screwing over TNA. He actually got a push in this company, but instead he's ditching it for even more money :nonono:

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
:smh @ him

Selling out for the money.

Good luck when your getting jobbed to the likes of Triple H,Undertaker,etc etc(if he goes to SD)

John Cena,Batista,CM Punk,etc etc(Raw)

or Matt Hardy and all them ECW Stars.

PeepShow

No need to have 2 threads about this. Merged. Now discuss away.

This Guy

Sabu went back to ECW and got kinda buried after a while, Braden Walker and Marcus Corvon (alpha male) both got buried pretty much, Corvon started alright but went down. Theres a few.

I think the point he was trying to make is that some of the former TNA talent didn't get used, some did. So to say Christian would get burried in WWE just cause he's former TNA talent is not for sure. But again, Christian did leave on good terms including working the Cyber Sunday/Taboo Tuesday PPV after his contract expired. He's a pro. It seems to me, that if you conduct yourself like a pro, you can go anywhere and get treated right. Cage's career in WWE was that of a typical mid carder. He did get some WWE title matches against Cena his last year there. If he had stuck around a year longer who knows. None of us can predict what the WWE would have done.

Bad career choice, he's screwing over TNA. He actually got a push in this company, but instead he's ditching it for even more money :nonono:

And yes Cage did get a push in TNA, World Champion etc. But, where has he been recently? Mid Card. Because TNA kept signing bigger and bigger names like Sting & Angle & so forth. Suddenly Cage is mid card again. So is it really horriable to go back to the WWE if its going to pay more?

The Rated R CMStar

IMO, jobbing to Undertaker is way better than let's see, jobbing to Booker T for example, even if that will not happen.

BTW, if you have any doubt as if Christian is leaving, read the spoilers for iMPACT this week.

Soulpower

TNA wrote Christian Cage off at the TNA Impact taping last night, as he was beat down by the Main Event Mafia after Kurt Angle said that he heard Cage was leaving TNA for WWE. As reported earlier, Cage's TNA deal expires next month.

TNA decided to go ahead and write Cage out of storylines so that they aren't left in a situation where Cage is still involved in storylines and then leaves for WWE. The belief internally is that Cage will leave for WWE when his deal expires, though TNA is still talking to Cage about staying with them. If Cage decides to stay, TNA will likely do a revenge storyline with Cage going after the Main Event Mafia.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I hope he stays in TNA

for more then one reason

1.He might get buried in WWE

2.If he goes to SD I'm screwed out of seeing his matches until PPV's

Moonlight Drive

The fact people say he's 'selling out' proves they're illiterate, stupid or just plain inbred, maybe even all of the above. He isn't selling out or screwing TNA over, he's doing what's best for himself, and that's keeping his family financially secure.

It's just like with The Rock, people bitch about him leaving for Hollywood and 'selling out' but really, he's given us hundreds of hours of entertainment, he owes us nothing.

The Rated R CMStar

BTW, someone put as examples Marcus Cor Von and Sabu as examples of TNA ex-talent being depushed.

Sabu was a WHC in his first match, and then main evented ECW in Summerslam. Not to shabby for someone who was caught along with Van Dam in possession of drugs.

Marcus Cor Von? Oh, you mean the guy who was going to be the break out star of the NB right behind Burke, if not before. You know, the guy that not even Lashley, with his massive push, was able to take down in a Handicap Match. Yeah I mean, he was completely buried.

Seriously, the only example is Braden Walker, and really, it was his fault. Who shows up to the WWE in that physical shape?

Kizza

Man, I hope Cor Von returns one day. He had so much bloody potential it wasn't funny.

But yeah, Cage will go back to the WWE for money.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

lulz Blaze said:
1.He might get buried in WWE
Despite the fact that many people have brought reasoning forward to disprove your whole, 'O NOEZ HE IZ GOIN 2 GET BUWIED~!' statement, you're still saying it?

Have you happened to notice what spot Cage has been in in TNA for the past eight months? He's not going to be any lower than the midcard in WWE, and that's where TNA have him now.

What would you take: a midcard spot with very high pay, or a midcard spot with medium pay?

The choice is pretty damn easy.