• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Christian Cage/TNA/WWE Updates and Discussions

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Christian Cage contract update

After a great deal of speculation regarding his future with TNA Wrestling, it now appears Christian Cage will remain with the company. Backstage sources indicate that he did not intend to leave the company and reports coming out about his possible departure were untrue. Cage expressed to WWE officials that he had no interest in re-signing with them. TNA believes if Christian were to leave that he would have made his intentions known by now. There must be some real clown reporters out there to just speculate that WWE was holding off Edge’s return to TV due to Christian’s pending return.

- WZRradio.com

------------

From Tarvis in post 12:
Several sites have been reporting that Christian Cage is "set to stay with TNA", and that "there was no talk of him actually having any intentions on going to WWE and that those rumors were inaccurate".

I'm hearing the opposite and that it is more than likely that Cage will end up back in WWE for one last run.

The current economy has not helped anyone with investments and it is very possible that Cage sees one last WWE run as the best way to solidify his family's financial security.

An additional rumor I'm hearing is that the Turning Point PPV or TV's that follow might be Christian Cage's last appearances for TNA, and that there may even be an angle in play that "says goodbye" to him tonight.

- wrestlezone.com

If Cage went back to WWE, that would be fucking epic!

1chiban

Reaction score
Now you cannot guarantee that would have happened. Yeah cause Jeff Hardy got treated like a TNA Heretic didn't he?!

This Guy

so let me get this straight..... it was only speculation that Cage was going to leave TNA for WWE? Wow all this time I thought it was fact....what I find intresting is the reason claimed for it only being speculation then was because Cage hasn't made his intentions known to TNA management...yet thats the same arguement being used for why its suposedly fact that he's staying with TNA. Where is the logic in that report? Other then I agree it would only be a giant waste to try and put E&C back together like that just to get the 2 or 3 weeks of ratings boost.

Bottom line is, if Cage is so not going to WWE and so staying with TNA like this report claims then why hasn't he resigned yet? Exactly!! Its ironic that it calls the other reports clown reporting, because so was this one. It actually gives no real facts and then claims to have given the final word. Until he resigns with TNA....he still has as much chance going to WWE as he did before this report came out.

chessarmy

I'm happy about this, Christian Cage belongs in TNA at the moment. You all can talk about how WWE would have pushed Cage to the top, but the fact is, Christian already gave WWE a chance and they didn't use him right. So he went to a promotion that actually gave him the push he deserves.

Now you cannot guarantee that would have happened. Yeah cause Jeff Hardy got treated like a TNA Heretic didn't he?!

And Ron Killings is buried week after week on SD.

Sabu went back to ECW and got kinda buried after a while, Braden Walker and Marcus Corvon (alpha male) both got buried pretty much, Corvon started alright but went down. Theres a few.

Cage in TNA was good at first but what he has been doing lately is nothing compared to what he COULD be doing in WWE right now but then again he could just drop back down to IC title standard...

Travis40

Christian already gave WWE a chance and they didn't use him right.

WWF European Championship (1 time)
WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)
WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (3 times)
WWF Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (9 times) with Edge (7), Lance Storm (1) and Chris Jericho (1)

WWE didn't use him right?!?!?!??!?!?! :roflmao: that's one of the dumbest things I'e ever heard. They pushed some nobody to the top..and the reason he never won the World Title, was because of the people above him (Rock, HHH, Hogan, Lesnar, Goldberg, Orton, Cena, Foley)

Christian was also in most of the original TLC matches...if that's not using him right, I have no idea what is.

The Shua

Reaction score
If Christian WERE to make the jump back to WWE, I just don't see where he'd fit There's too much "star power" on Raw right now, and on SmackDown....well, Triple H is there, so 'nuff said. I suppose I could see Christian going to ECW, just to get out of the whole Mark Henry/Matt Hardy feud.

However, I think it would bode well for Christian to stay in TNA. It's not like they're treating him badly. He's on TV basically ever taping, and he currently has a title match at tonight's PPV.

I could see this going either way, but I hope he sticks with TNA.

Travis40

Latest Update in Christian Cage/TNA/WWE Situation

Several sites have been reporting that Christian Cage is "set to stay with TNA", and that "there was no talk of him actually having any intentions on going to WWE and that those rumors were inaccurate".

I'm hearing the opposite and that it is more than likely that Cage will end up back in WWE for one last run.

The current economy has not helped anyone with investments and it is very possible that Cage sees one last WWE run as the best way to solidify his family's financial security.

An additional rumor I'm hearing is that the Turning Point PPV or TV's that follow might be Christian Cage's last appearances for TNA, and that there may even be an angle in play that "says goodbye" to him tonight.

- wrestlezone.com

If Cage went back to WWE, that would be fucking epic!

Evil Austin

Yea, Christian is a smart man and has been with wrestling long enough to know when not to get involved in a storyline so 'boring'. I want him back in smackdown hopefuly.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Yea, Christian is a smart man and has been with wrestling long enough to know when not to get involved in a storyline so 'boring'. I want him back in smackdown hopefuly.

Sorry, I didn't know the best storyline TNA has ever come up with (or stolen :shifty:) was 'boring'. The article never said that either. It talked about Cage wanting to resolidify his economic situation. Tranbslation: get more money for the future.