CHIKARA Season 11 Mega Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
YES! KOT! I was so worried we weren't going to get it this year... and man was that video amazing!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
In a bit of news lost over the weekend, Gargano & Taylor won back the Campones des Parejas on Sunday and thus became the first two time holders of the titles.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Big happenings within the CHIKARMY today.

First of all, FIST vs. Young Bucks for the CdP confirmed for the iPPV. It follows Ophidian vs. Ultramantis Black as the two announced matches so far.

Second of all, this blog from Quack sheds some light on the Gekido.....

5/4/2012: You showed me something, GEKIDO. You really showed me something in Chicago Ridge. I’m not talking about what you did to Tianlong, who, thanks to you, will go down as the shortest-lived Wrestle Factory grad of all time. That young man’s entire wrestling career lasted 65 seconds because of you. No, you showed me something else entirely.

You want to sully our name? You’ve got some secrets you want to expose? You want the world to know something? Me too.

Three of you are Jose and the two Franks. You’re wash-outs. Quitters. Rather than tough it out, show some heart, and stick things through, just before your pro debuts you threw in the towel and vanished into the ether. Did you complete your training somewhere else? Or maybe you couldn’t hack that either and you quit again. Took the easy road…which is exactly what you’re doing now.

While I haven’t figured out who you other two are, I do know the Franks and Jose. Well enough to spot the way you still dip your shoulder blade into an arm drag, Jose. How many hours were spent at my Wrestle Factory trying to correct your sloppy technique? Here we are, all these years later, and I guess you still haven’t been bothered to clean up your game. Never thought I’d see that in a CHIKARA ring.

But of course, that is exactly the point. You don’t belong in a CHIKARA ring. You haven’t earned it. The Colony, Jigsaw, Eddie Kingston, Hallowicked…the list of people that have earned it goes on and on. They had the heart. They made the committment. They made the sacrifices. Not you three, and I’m betting the same is true of you other two losers as well. Birds of a feather, they say.

If pro-wrestling was easy, everyone would do it. But it’s not. It takes time. It takes hard work. It takes persistence. It takes passion. And if you don’t have, can’t muster, or otherwise fail to invent those things then simply put you don’t have what it takes to be a professional wrestler. You certainly don’t have what it takes to graduate from my Wrestle Factory. And you don’t deserve to take up one pixel of space on the CHIKARA roster page either.

[video=youtube;wqu0ja76DbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wqu0ja76DbY[/video]

You failures think because you write some blogs, send some tweets, post a few videos and then try to politic your way to what everyone else scraped and sweated for that somehow that’s just OK? Why do you get a pass? Because Derek Sabato likes the cut of your jib? Because Wink Vavasseur is a softie for a sob story?

Well pin your ears back you wash-outs, and listen well. The CHIKARAverse is populated by men and women who give their all not just when the lights are shining brightly upon them and the world is paying attention. They give their all at every practice, on every road trip, in every sparring session, and at every live event in any way the day demands. They don’t whine and complain and cry about it on Twitter or on message forums. They don’t find some back door to sneak through so as to circumvent the right way of doing things. No, they are made of sterner stuff than that. They respect the way things are done. Each and everyone of them. And just seeing your pictures alongside theirs on the roster page has my stomach doing moonsaults.

I take immense pride in my proteges, the men and women I have trained these last 10+ years. And your presence here makes a mockery of that. The notoriety we enjoy today, the global fan-following…we didn’t always have that. Certainly not when I last saw the likes of you, GEKIDO. Things were tough in the early days. We barely survived month to month. You walked away.

But look at CHIKARA now. No wonder you’re jealous. No wonder you’re filled with spite. Because if you had the guts, if you had the heart, if you had the cojones to stick it out, maybe it would have been you atop Mount CHIKARA. But I doubt it.

You ask Eddie Kingston. Our Grand Champion. The man atop the mountain. Ask him about the painfully hot nights spent on the canvas tied in knots at the Wrestle Factory. I’ve seen him scream in agony. You know why? Because I’m the one that made him scream. And someone cut from a different cloth might look back at something like that and call it abuse. They might call it inhuman. The tests he endured. The things I put him through. You ask Eddie Kingston. Ask him if he regrets a moment of it. Ask him if he went home and cried to his friends about how hard, how challenging, how taxing it was to become a professional wrestler. You ask him and you know what?

He’ll look at that golden belt of his. And he’ll get that half-smirk that works it’s way across his face. And he’ll backfist the taste right out of your mouth. Be glad the first thing you five pieces of crap did was take me out of the game. I hope that bit of therapy was worth it. Because there are five men in your future that will do more than avenge me. They will teach you the lesson I never did.

LMQ

Holy continuity batman, referencing what seemed like an off the cuff comment from an update THREE YEARS AGO into a current plotline.

Castiel

Reaction score
That makes this whole thing so much more awesome. A random little update from 3 three years ago! This is why Chikara is so amazing.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
FRIGHTMARE IS BACK DURING ANNIVERSARIO WEEKEND!

*marks out*

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Anniversario Night 1 results:

- Opening contest sees Ophidian take on Dasher Hatfield in a rematch from Ottawa. Time of the fall 9:53, your winner after cradling up Ophidian, Dasher Hatfield!

- The tandem of The Batiri (Obariyon, Kodama & Kobold), Tim Donst & @Jakob Hammermeier are in the ring. Who are they facing? It's the return of Rorschach, Lance Steel, Shane Storm, Crossbones & Jolly Rodger! After stealing Lance Steel's armor, Kobold delivers with the Demon's Toilet at 15:06 for the win

- Match 3 sees satomurameiko & Kagetsu take on DASH Chisako & Sendai Sachiko. Time of the fall, 18:12, after a crushing DVD on Sendai Sachiko, @satomurameiko wins it for her team

- Back from intermission with an exhibition bout pitting Darkness Crabtree against Mixed Martial Archie. The judges for this exhibition are Steve the Turtle, Jervis Cottonbelly and The Swamp Monster! By unanimous judges decision, your winner after 3 rounds, Darkness Crabtree. After berating the judges, Archie takes down Jervis & Turtle but is felled by The Swamp Monster.

AtTUuCyCQAQ-zCz.jpg

- Up now, all 5 members of GEKIDO take on Hallowicked, Ultramantis Black, Icarus, The Mister Zero & Dragonfly. Your winners GEKIDO after 17 forces Dragonfly to tap at 14:37. But Dragonfly seems to be severely injured.

- Just now, Tim Donst called out Hallowicked getting into a huge brawl. Now their match for the iPPV is hair vs. mask!

- Singles action sees Mr. Touchdown w/Veronica take on Colt Cabana. Time of the fall, 15:02, your winner Colt Cabana and Mr. Touchdown is IRATE!

- Main event sees Eddie Kingston, Scott Parker, Soldier Ant & Saturyne take on the team of Sara Del Rey, Shane Matthews, Jigsaw & Green Ant. Super Brainbuster by Jigsaw at 23:20, he pins the Grand Champion Eddie Kingston!

Twitter

Sounds like one heck of a show. Swamp Monster FTW

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Results so far for Anniversario night 2:

- Opening contest sees Dasher Hatfield takes on Colt Cabana in a first time ever meeting. The Suicide Squeeze gives Dasher the win at 6:56, but outside interference from Mr. Touchdown doesn't go unnoticed

- Rookie showdown sees Sendai Girls rep Kagetsu take on our very own Saturyne. Your winner after a spinning Samoan Drop at 5:46 Kagetsu. A great effort by Saturyne

- Tag team action sees Los Ice Creams do battle with Green Ant & Soldier Ant, the Colony. Ice Cream Jr. gives it up to the Chikara Special as only Soldier Ant can apply! The Colony are victorious!

- Brothers vs. Sisters as Lancelot Bravado & Harlem Bravado square off with DASH Chisako & Sendai Sachiko. Assisted Rana & a distraction from 3.0 at 14:14 give the Sendai Girls a victory over the Bravados.

- Back from intermission as 17 & the Shard of GEKIDO face off with former champs 3.0. The Bravados attack Matthews & Parker giving them the win by DQ but the damage has been worsened to Parker's ribs.

- Hard hitting action sees Meiko Satomura go one on one with Sara Del Rey right now. Time of the fall 16:25, Sara Del Rey is victorious.

- First time ever 4 corners trios match sees the Spectral Envoy vs. BDK vs. the Batiri vs. the Swarm. Ophidian's mist misses it's target as Jakob eats a leaping DDT from Obariyon giving The Batiri the win.

- Main event in the battle of NYC, Jigsaw tries to wrest the Grand Championship from Eddie Kingston. A wild battle, 3 backfists and Eddie Kingston is still Grand Champion

Twitter

Hatfield 2-0 this weekend. Title shot in his future? Big win for The Batiri too. Night 1 looks better tbh though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Castiel

Reaction score
Sugar's return to action set and it's against none other then the great Tim Donst! So there's Sugar getting back in the ring and bald Donst to look forward to!

543185_10150928098441262_77998466_n.jpg

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Poor Archie.....

[video=youtube;xtTGNBYU9v0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtTGNBYU9v0&feature=plcp[/video]

:(

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I know, I saw this yesterday and I was bummed out for an hour. That damn song is very sad. :(

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Man, he got far in a week.....

[video=youtube;TsDu1KNSV3o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsDu1KNSV3o&feature=g-u-u[/video]

Sadness = quicker walking pace it seems.

Castiel

Reaction score
Archie is literally the greatest thing in all of wrestling... ever. If he weren't so sad I'm certain he would've walked in and been offered a job. Darn, too bad.

Results from The Foggiest Notion via Chikara's Twitter:

- Big lariat by @sugardunkerton gives him a huge victory over @tdonst #theFoggiestNotion

- Match 3, a #YLC10 qualifier sees @suavewrestling vs. @jhammermeier vs. @ethanpage89 vs. Well, Mike Bailey’s not here #thefoggiestnotion

- Mike Bailey is not here, so his replacement is…Scotty O’Shea! NOT HERE! How about…Teddy Hart’s Cat? NO! #TheFoggiestNotion

- Finally, we have 4th man, it’s Dirty Bucks Bellmar! Huge Opportunity for this young man! #TheFoggiestNotion

- A hand full of of tights gives @jhammermeier the win over @suavewrestling & advances to the semi finals #theFoggiestNotion

- In the doubleheader of his life @mrhatfield4 takes on @elgenerico in a 1st time ever meeting! #theFoggiestNotion

- A war between two great competitors sees @mrhatfield4 defeat @elgenerico after the Suicide Squeeze #theFoggiestNotion

- Intermission time BRB #theFoggiestNotion

- Back from intermission…why is @icaruswrw here? He doesn’t have a match tonight? #theFoggiestNotion

- Not sure why @icaruswrw would make @chikarakingston mad, but he barely escaped eating a backfist #theFoggiestNotion

- Six man action sees @_gekido_ members Shard, AssailANT & DeviANT take on @soldieranto, @greenantchikara & @mikequackenbush

- AssailANT rolls through on a hurricarana attempt by @soldieranto to give @_gekido_ the win #theFoggiestNotion

- Singles showdown as @ophidiancobra takes on @jigsawchikara #thefoggiestnotion

- The distraction, a low blow & the Ophidian Death Grip gives @ophidiancobra a much needed win over @jigsawchikara #theFoggiestNotion

- Main event pits @lancelotbravado & @harlembravadonc against @shane3point0 & @jagged3point0 #theFoggiestNotion

- A wild brawl over the building ends as @shane3point0 makes @lancelotbravadonc tap while locked in a Boston Crab #theFoggiestNotion

Quick Results:
Sugar Dunkerton def. Tim Donst
Jakob Hammermeier advances to the semi finals of the YLC
Dasher Hatfield def. El Generico
Eddie Kingston kills Icarus
Gekido def. Soldier Ant, Green Ant, & Mike Quackenbush
Ophidian def. Jigsaw
3.0 def. Bravado Brothers

Tonight's show is Smack In The Middle with this line up:

TheGrand.jpg

8bermetrics.jpg

Soliderassail.jpg

TSEBB.jpg

JigShard.jpg

SSTJ.jpg

Greendevi.jpg

YLCX_4Way_2.jpg

Postman Dave

Reaction score
and so far, the results are:

Green Ant def. deviANT
Sugar Dunkerton def. Jakob Hammermeier
Jigsaw def. The Shard
Sara Del Rey def. Tim Donst
The Spectral Envoy def. Bravado's
Mr. Touchdown won the YLC match
assailANT def. Soldier Ant
3.Ole! & Gran Akuma def. FIST & Ophidian

main event to come. Appears Saturyne was injured or something.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Poor Archie :cry:

[video=youtube;197PFP9hz4I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=197PFP9hz4I&feature=player_embedded[/video]