CHIKARA Season 11 Mega Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
This thread will be used to discuss all the shows in season 11. The first post (this one) will always be updated to contain the up coming event.

MarchSTH.jpg

March 24, 2012
Trio Sportplex
610 Cityview Blvd. in Vaughan, Ontario
Belltime = 7:30 PM : : Doors = 7:00 PM

2 / 3 Falls Title Bout!!/!!!
ForTheGold.jpg

non-title....
EKO.jpg

FABL.jpg

EGTD.jpg

DHAP.jpg

MarMyst.jpg

March 25, 2012
Knights of Columbus Hall
260 McArthur Avenue in Ottawa, Ontario
Belltime = 4:00 PM : : Doors = 3:00 PM

FOR THE GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP!
CGCbout.jpg

3.B.jpg

MQJTB.jpg

SDRLVD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
TAKE TWO

Is there going to be a King of Trios this year? I've yet to see it advertised on the website.

Castiel

Reaction score
I would suspect so, it would be insane/sad if there wasn't. Easily one of the best things the company does, fun pairings and matches. No KOT would be like no YLC... man, anyone else ever notice how awesome Chikara are when it comes to tournaments?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Speaking of YLC, wonder what the future of that is going forward? Tamasuke has yet to defend the cup since winning it, and with an established singles title now in the company, maybe it's now surplus to requirements?

Castiel

Reaction score
Well the YLC is different then the main title, the YLC is for the "smaller" guys to get a shot at. WTF is up with Tamasuke though? Get in there a defend it! Hopefully he will in 2012. I'll be saddened if he doesn't... it would be a waste of a winner when they could've had Green win.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
My thought on that was by putting it on an outsider, they could focus their full attention on the 12LS & the Grand Championship. Sorta like how the CdP weren't defended for a long period of time last year.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Any thoughts on who the first challenger for Eddie Kingston will be?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Ophidian has the momentum with his rudo turn, but needs a few more wins first. I expect Donst to make a run at it too now that the BDK is done.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Donst/Kingston would be awesome actually. I would love to see that and yeah, I assume Ophidian is primed for an eventual challenge.

Castiel

Reaction score
I don't see Donst going after Kingston just yet... he's just like Phid, awesome but needs a bit more build. If any now freed from the BDK person should get a shot at Eddie it's Sara Del Rey. If we're choosing Rudos though Donst is probably the best choice right now, or Archie...

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I could go for a Del Rey/Kingston match for sure.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Icarus blogs about his old friend Gran Akuma:

12/16/2011: So you want me to tell you the story of how it all began? 2010 was the year it happened. I was younger then, younger than I am now. Things were different then, I was a man at that age: the master of a dangerous trio in CHIKARA, former King of Trios, Campeon, and Cibernetico victor. But as time passed, fate took upon a different path for F.I.S.T. The latest King of Trios had come and gone, and F.I.S.T. were non-victorious in that tournament. The weeks and the months dragged on and it became clear a hard choice had to be made. So, in the summer month of July, at Chikarasaurus Rex I took out the weakest member of F.I.S.T. I made a clear and vivid statement that weakness, hesitation, and failure were not acceptable.

Afterwards I walked all night, I walked as I had walked years before when my mind swam with guilt. I had thought of all the things I had done, and couldn't undo. And I longed for a moment's peace. As time passed, however, I came to know peace. Peace in that horrible rhythm of 1-2-3. The sound of victory. The sound of accomplishment. F.I.S.T. were predators once again. Predators with all-seeing eyes, meant to give our opponents detachment from victories, titles and false bravado. And as it came to be, I myself, and the world it seemed, forgot about the almighty and powerful Gran Akuma.

That is until he seized an opportunity like no other. The night before CHIKARA went live before the world with "High Noon," he returned. The mythological warrior rose from the ashes seeking vengeance. Upon seeing him, being a genial, forgiving man, I tried to make peace with him - although he is the father of lies. I could only come to ask "have we forgiven each other then?"

Before I got his answer, I observed a miscreant leaning on my car, parked just outside the Palmer Center. I had to immediately depart to shoo him away from my vehicle. When next we saw each other, in Philadelphia, you had some personal frustration with Greg Iron to vent. I can respect that. He is an irritating character to us all. You were justified in punting his face.

My partners in F.I.S.T. have cautioned me that you might be seeking some kind of revenge. I guess those 16 months off didn't enlighten you as to why you were forced out of our tightly knit trio in the first place. Akuma, you are a loser. You lose matches. You choke. In a pinch, no one can count on you. What choice did I have? I had to put you down.

Now I'm going to give you the choice I never had. Call off your meaningless stalking. Stay down like the wretched, abused animal you are, and do not show your face in Easton on January 28th. For if you do I will be forced to teach the forgotten first lesson: that I am powerful, beautiful, and without regret. I will once again do unto you what I did before. Leave you in the middle of the ring a battered and broken vagrant.

Without sympathies,
ICARUS

Castiel

Reaction score
We've got our first match for season 11! And it seems Chikara is already listening to me as they've brought back Heircon!

399957_10150446522921262_338535341261_8838482_1631151882_n.jpg

Great first match, really shows that they want to focus on Phid in my eyes. Hopefully it isn't a one off deal for Heircon.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Huh, maybe he is coming back.

Wonder if this is a red herring. Hieracon disappeared long before the rudo turn went down. Still, agreed Ophidian is being set up to do well in 2012.