Beyonce cuts management ties with father

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
André 3000 Calls Beyoncé ‘One of the Best Performers’

<center>
beyonce-andre.jpg
</center>
Beyoncé has always remained humble, but her collaborators are singing her praises. André 3000 and Babyface share what it was like to work with the singing superstar.

“I’ve always felt Beyoncé was one of the best performers of our time, so to collaborate with her was an honor and a pleasure,” said the reclusive OutKast member, who appears on the Kanye West-produced “Party” off B’s upcoming album 4.
Acclaimed singer-songwriter Babyface, who contributed to 4‘s second single “Best Thing I Never Had,” also complimented the pop star. “What is the definition of perfection…or the closest thing to it? Beyoncé,” he gushed. “Icons are made. Stars are born. From the moment Beyoncé took her first breath, her star was shining. What an honor it is for me to say that I danced with a true star. Or wrote. Same thing.”
The “Run the World (Girls)” singer spoke about the progression in her new music, due June 28. “The album is definitely an evolution. It’s bolder than the music on my previous albums because I’m bolder,” she stated. “The more mature I become and the more life experiences I have, the more I have to talk about. I really focused on songs being classics, songs that would last, songs that I could sing when I’m 40 and when I’m 60.”
British journalist Piers Morgan will sit down with Beyoncé in London for an exclusive hour-long interview, airing June 27 on CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyonce Covers Time Magazine

Check out Beyonce on the cover of the latest edition of Time magazine. The singer 29, is poised to make a splash with her new LP ‘4′ – which hits stores on June 28th. Hotly anticipated, the set is preceded by the singles ‘Run The World (Girls)’ and ‘Best You Never Had’.
Ironically, more ‘time’ is something yours truly feels the ‘4′ project needs. However, the wheels are clearly in motion. For her sake, they need to be driving to the top of the charts.

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyonce To Give London Fans ‘4D’ Experience

Always one to push the performance limit , Beyonce is set to take fans in London to whole new heights with an upcoming show in the city’s Shepherds Bush Empire this Monday.
Find out more below…

Following her upcoming performance on Glastonbury this Sunday and the release of album ‘4‘ on Monday, Mrs.Carter will treat an audience of very special fans to a performance in whopping 4D on the very same day.
Never one to discriminate, fans who cannot make it to the showing will be able to watch it beamed live from the London Battersea Power Station.
It appears that the Queen is about to London City by storm.

Will you be buying ‘4′?

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyonce Say She Will Have a Baby @ Age 30
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
I always said I'd have a baby at 30," she said in an interview. "I'm 29. But I also said I was going to retire at 30. I'm not retiring...Only God knows [when]...I feel like 30 is the ideal age, because you're mature enough to know who you are and have your boundaries and your standards and not be afraid or too polite, but young enough to be a young woman. I'm so looking forward to it." ("Piers Morgan")

Kairi

Reaction score

Beyoncé released 4 on Tuesday (June 28), and she's taking fans behind-the-scenes of her new album in the MTV special "Beyoncé: Year of 4," set to premiere on Thursday at 7 p.m. ET/PT on MTV and BET, and at 7:30 on VH1 and Palladia (encore presentations will air later on MTV.com, MTV Hits and MTV Jams).

The special was filmed during Beyoncé's year off, as she set out to discover what she wanted next in her career. It kicks off as B wraps up her I Am Tour, and finds herself at a crossroads before eventually giving into her mother's advice to take some time off.
"My life was award shows and tour buses and hotels and it kind of goes by so fast ... I couldn't even hear it anymore," she says of her whirlwind schedule. "I'm just thinking about the next shoot ... the next video ... the next tour."
Fans are with Queen B as she travels, hangs out with family, friends and husband Jay-Z, and takes time to reflect on her crazy successful career. "I never even realized I needed a year off," she later says. "And I never realized I don't know how to take a year off."
During this reflective time in her life, Beyoncé also began working on her most eclectic album to date, mixing genres and styles to make 4. The special also takes a look at her career as she takes charge of her business. "It was very risky for me to set out on my own," she says. "Sometimes we don't reach for the stars, sometimes we are satisfied with what people tell us we're supposed to be satisfied with, and I'm just not going for it."
4, B's fourth solo album, is a mix of sassy uptempo tracks like the lead single "Run the World (Girls)," soft ballads like "1+1," as well as sassy midtempo songs like "Best Thing I Never Had." She worked with producers and artists like The-Dream, Kanye West and Andre 3000 for the release.
"Being able to take viewers behind the creative curtain of one of the world's most amazing and talented artists, Beyoncé, in the lead-up to her album release is a pure thrill," Van Toffler, President, MTV Music Group, LOGO and Film, said in a statement. "This honest and intimate special provides her audience and fans a rare opportunity to witness a true, musical genius at work and the stories that defined and inspired her incredible new album."

Tune in to "Beyoncé: Year of 4," airing Thursday, June 30, at 7 p.m. ET/PT on MTV and BET, and at 7:30 p.m. on VH1 and Palladia. Encore presentations follow on MTV.com, MTV Hits and MTV Jams.

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyonce: “I'm Afraid of Women Who Don’t have (Female) Friends” <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Beyonce is “afraid of women who don’t have friends”.

The Run the World (Girls) singer is an advocate of female empowerment and doesn’t understand women who are not the same.

“When women don’t have friends, I’m afraid of them,” she said. “I grew up around women, I believe that we can teach each other so much. I’m always thinking about how unselfish we are and the things we need to hear and how much pressure there is being a woman.

“I try to write songs that will bring out the best in all of us and keep us close together. Put a ring on it? That’s a nice little way to hint something without being the psycho that’s like Marry Me. Sometimes we gain, five, 10 pounds, sometimes more. Whatever. Sometimes you just have to embrace it and find the beauty in it. So Bootylicious.”
While Beyonce, 29, is hugely successful today she believes she had to work “probably harder than any artist” to get where she is now.

“I had to grind it out, probably more than any artist I know,” she said. “On the road with Destiny’s Child we went everywhere by coach. We were sharing rooms and fighting over phones, even with multiple number one singles. We worked so hard. Sixteen hour days. Everything that I’ve done, I’ve worked so hard for, until my toes are bleeding.”

Kairi

Reaction score
BEYONCE’S 4 SCORES

Diva Headed for #1 Debut, Big Sean, Selena Gomez Next

June 29, 2011

Fresh off her triumph on closing night at Glastonbury, Columbia diva Beyonce’s 4 will debut at #1 next week on the HITS album chart with between 275-300k in first-week sales. Her previous album, ‘08’s multiple Grammy winning I Am… Sasha Fierce, debuted with 463k, but that was during the Q4 sales rush in November.

Those figures are based on one-day sales from those music retailers around the country not augmenting their income by selling illegal fireworks out of the back door.

SoCal rapper Big Sean’s Finally Famous: The Album, his feature-length debut after a series of critically acclaimed “Finally Famous” mixtapes, is the first release under Kanye West’s new deal for his G.O.O.D. Music label, through Island Def Jam Music Group, and should do in the 90-95 range.

Hollywood’s Selena Gomez & the Scene return with a third album, When the Sun Goes Down, which will debut with an estimated 75-80k in sales.

Seventh season American Idol winner David Cook’s second 19/RCA/RMG album is looking at estimated sales in the 35-40k range, a far cry from the 280k debut for his first album.

Warner Bros. Long Island emo band Taking Back Sunday’s fifth, self-titled album and second for WMG, is slated for 28-32k

That’s the same amount as this year’s American Idol winner Scotty McCreery’s five-track Walmart exclusive, which includes his debut single, “I Love You This Big.” The EP will sell for $5 at stores and walmart.com. The other Idol finalists, Lauren Alaina, Haley Reinhart and James Durbin, have also released five-track discs for the retailer.

Warner Bros. hip-hopper Curren$y, the former New Orleans rapper once signed to Master P’s No Limit label as part of the 504 Boyz, recently inked a deal with the Bunny for his Jet Life Recordings imprint. The latest release, Weekend at Burnie’s, his sixth studio album overall, is on target for 23-27k.

Interscope’s veteran rap-rockers Limp Bizkit return with Gold Cobra, Fred Durst and company’s first new studio album since 2005’s The Unquestionable Truth, Part 1, and first proper full-length since 2003’s Results May Vary, looking at a 23-27k debut.

Fantasy/Concord Music Group’s Rave On Buddy Holly, a tribute album featuring a star-studded cast that includes Paul McCartney, the Black Keys, Florence and the Machine, Patti Smith, My Morning Jacket, Kid Rock, Lou Reed and Cee Lo Green, is on target for 20-23k.

Universal Latino Puerto Rican Latin Grammy winner Luis Fonsi’s Tierra Firme, not based on the Guy Hand private equity company, is eyeing a debut of 14-17k.

The market was down 6% vs. last week, down 2% vs. same week last year and now flat year to date. And we all know what flat is… Everybody, “It's the new up!”

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyonce Album Sales Are a 'Vindication,' Columbia's Rob Stringer Says <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
After reports of dissatisfaction, panic and other pre-release drama, executives at Columbia Records are feeling vindicated by the positive early returns for Beyonce's new album, "4."

"All the speculation that gets around is frustrating when it's just not true," Columbia/Epic Label Group Chairman Rob Stringer tells Billboard.biz. "The story about us being unhappy with the record and stuff is just not true. There's never been any doubt or conversations about moving the record or changing it... Those conversations never existed. We're really, really happy with it."

The label is particularly pleased with sales reports from "4's" initial days of official availability. Stringer says early indications are that the album will debut at No. 1 in as many as 14 countries, including the U.S., and in the Top 3 worldwide. It went triple-platinum in Brazil on its first day of sale, while U.K. projections have it selling "well over" 90,000 copies in its first week -- which more than doubles "I Am...Sasha Fierce's" roll-out in 2008 -- and 1.6 million over its lifespan. The album's second single, "Best Thing I Never Had," is No. 1 on the U.K. iTunes charts and currently sits at No. 58 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 29 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts.

"The numbers are very good everywhere," Stringer notes. "We thought the record is great from the beginning, and some of the stuff that is happening now is vindication of it."

Columbia did scramble when "4's" first single, "Run the World (Girls)," leaked and was released ahead of schedule, peaking at No. 29 on the Hot 100. The album, meanwhile, leaked in full on June 7, three weeks ahead of its June 28 release date, leading to reports that "4" would be delayed and possible altered -- particularly after a tepid response from the blogosphere and a feeling that, with more than 70 songs worked on for the album, there would be ample material to create something markedly different than what was being distributed online.

"We didn't want the leaks to happen," Stringer says. "But there was never any discussion of this album moving. It has always been that date (June 28). It's been that date for four months now. There was never a conversation about pushing it back, bringing it forward, changing the songs -- none of it."

Stringer says the company is looking at an 18-month campaign for "4," which will include "extensive touring" by Beyonce. Just back from a successful overseas run that included three concerts in France and a closing-night gig at the U.K.'s Glastonbury Festival, she'll roll out a documentary, "Beyonce: Year of 4," on Thursday on MTV and BET, then perform Friday on ABC's GMA Summer Concert Series. She'll head back to the U.K. for a July 9 show at Scotland's T in the Park and a stop the next day at the Oxegen Festival in Ireland.

"The main concentration for the next few months is to get this record working everywhere," Stringer says. "She's well versed in being a global artists. The touring plan is extensive. The promo plan is extensive. We also know we're going to put out a lot of singles and...shoot a lot of videos from the record. There's enough positive information that we think we can work the record for another 18 months, and hopefully over that period we'll all be proved right that this is an important record and a commercially successful record."

Beyonce Album Sales Are a 'Vindication,' Columbia's Rob Stringer Says | Billboard.biz

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;eXy4ZlXAnMc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eXy4ZlXAnMc[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;ZgjEFvmtWr8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgjEFvmtWr8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
The last few days has seen the world gripped by Beyonce mania. With her new album set to top charts all around the world this coming week, the starlet has further cause to celebrate now that she has broken another record.
This time, at the Glastonbury Festival, where she performed at last week.

Find out what she has achieved below…

In a survey carried out by Digital Spy, the entertainer was named Glastonbury’s favourite act by the festival’s viewers.
Making her the only female artist in the history of the event to achieve this feat adding to the record she holds for being the first female artist to headline the world renowned festival.
Nabbing a commendable 43.6% of the vote, the ‘Best Thing I Never Had’ performer beat rock legends ColdPlay and U2 to the top post.
It seems that once again Mrs.Carter unlike many of her chart sisters, has proven talent is her greatest asset.
Let us hope the promotional whirlwind that ‘4′ has generated in the last week translates into the record’s success in the long term.

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyonce's Dad: I Didn't Steal from My Daughter! <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Beyonce's Dad: I Didn't Steal from My Daughter!

14 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
Beyonce's dad has filed legal papers which now explain why the singer fired him as her manager -- he claims she's under the impression he stole lots of money from her, and say it's a bad rap.

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_2" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 550x339 and weights 63KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

In the documents -- obtained by TMZ -- Mathew Knowles claims Live Nation Entertainment wanted desperately to sink its fangs into Beyonce's 2011 world tour. According to the docs, Mathew claims Live Nation told Beyonce that Mathew "had stolen money from Beyonce on her most recent tour or otherwise taken funds that [he] was not entitled to."

Mathew claims Live Nation was effective, because Beyonce had her law firm conduct an audit, and the law firm concluded Mathew had indeed pilfered money from her. Beyonce then fired him.

Mathew claims after he was canned, Beyonce hired a manager who had worked as a former exec at Live Nation and maintained a relationship with the company.

Mathew insists the theft accusations by Live Nation are false, and he wants the judge to give him the right to take depositions of various people at Live Nation, to determine just how they concluded he was a thief.

We could not reach Beyonce's rep for comment.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyoncé Spent Over $14,000 While Shopping in London Yesterday

It costs a lot to look this good, you know.Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage

Beyoncé, her mom Tina Knowles, and an army of security guards went on a 90-minute shopping spree at Topshop and Selfridges in London yesterday, where they bought normal clothes while normal people gaped at them. According to the Daily Mail, Beyoncé managed to spend £9,000 (over $15,000) without even trying anything on. One witness reported, "It was like that shopping scene out of Pretty Woman. Everyone was gobsmacked at the speed she was choosing clothes." Almost as gobsmacked as we are when she wears them.

Kairi

Reaction score
Mathew Knowles is speaking out for the first time since allegations surfaced that he stole money from Beyoncé. In an interview with The Associated Press, the singer’s father maintains that he is innocent and questions the integrity.

“We absolutely have not taken any money from Beyoncé, and all dollars will be accounted for,” he told the AP in an interview. “In no way have we stole money. Again, this about the people who have made these claims—they have to come into the light.”

He doesn’t hold any grudges toward his daughter, but is skeptical of those surrounding her. “The relationship with Beyoncé is extremely amicable. I want to make that clear. Where there’s concern is the people that she’s doing business with,” he explained. “I’m challenging all of these folks on integrity, professional integrity.”

After he was fired, Beyoncé put together a new team, including executives from Live Nation and Roc Nation.She changed almost every aspect of her business,” he said. “The team ironically appeared to be a cross-pollination of Beyoncé’s team, Roc Nation’s team, and Live Nation’s team, who ironically have the most to gain.

Knowles has not spoken to his daughter since they parted ways, but hopes the court will be able to rectify the situation. “The only way we will be able to understand this is through a court of law. That’s the only way either one of us will be clear if someone in our camps did something that was not correct.”

Beyoncé released 4, her first album without the guidance of her father in late June. It debuted at No. 1, but has yet to produce any smash singles. Mr. Knowles attributed the slow start to her label and new management. “They put out the record in a vacuum,” he said, while praising his daughter’s status as a pop icon. “It makes you believe that there are some artists that don’t need radio. There are some records that don’t need a record label, and Beyoncé is one of those artists.”

Source: Rap-up.com<!-- / message -->

Kairi

Reaction score
The flight crew of NASA’s Space Shuttle Atlantis got an unexpected wake-up call. With her single “Run the World (Girls)” playing in the background, Beyoncé delivered a pre-recorded message to the astronauts of STS-135 on Flight Day 9.
“Good morning Atlantis. This is Beyoncé,” said the pop crusader. “Sandy, Chris, Doug, and Rex, you inspire all of us to dare to live our dreams—to know that we’re smart enough and strong enough to achieve this. This song is especially for my girl Sandy and all the women who’ve taken us to space with them, and the girls who are our future explorers.”
Sandy thanked B before getting back to business. “Good morning, Houston. A big thanks to Beyoncé for taking the time out of her schedule to record us a greeting, and we’re ready for another day here on Atlantis.”