Batista return thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I just really hope Batista's face and badass again. I felt like the whiny heel character sucked, and I sometimes feel alone on that opinion. He had a few funny lines and moments but other than that I prefer him much more as a face.

Man, you're the AJ Styles of WWEF. Alone on everything.

Reactions: Farooq and DK JAMES

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
According to Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com, sources in WWE have confirmed that Dave Batista is expected back with WWE in the near future.

It's believed that he was going to return at the Royal Rumble as a surprise. However, the Thomas and Mack Center released advertising for an upcoming live event with his name prematurely.

According to Johnson, Batista has been talking with Triple H about returning for some time but he's been busy with various acting projects.

It's expected that he will be back as a regular rather than just returning for one big match. It's possible that his run will last until he's needed for promotional work of his upcoming film "Guardians" in the summer.
Apparently Batista is going to return as a active superstar.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
According to Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com, sources in WWE have confirmed that Dave Batista is expected back with WWE in the near future.

It's believed that he was going to return at the Royal Rumble as a surprise. However, the Thomas and Mack Center released advertising for an upcoming live event with his name prematurely.

According to Johnson, Batista has been talking with Triple H about returning for some time but he's been busy with various acting projects.

It's expected that he will be back as a regular rather than just returning for one big match. It's possible that his run will last until he's needed for promotional work of his upcoming film "Guardians" in the summer.
Apparently Batista is going to return as a active superstar.
cool, as he should. no offense to Batista but IMHO at least he isn't on the level of Rocky, Lesnar, Taker, ect or any other 'part timer' so if he wants to come back he should be working at least close to full time.

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
cool, as he should. no offense to Batista but IMHO at least he isn't on the level of Rocky, Lesnar, Taker, ect or any other 'part timer' so if he wants to come back he should be working at least close to full time.
True, but if your champion and your part time you should work full time if your champion Rock should have done that.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
True, but if your champion and your part time you should work full time if your champion Rock should have done that.
Rock has better shit to do, honestly. The dude is a top 5 grossing actor in Hollywood. WWE probably begged him to carry the strap for 3 months, not like he booked himself to win gold or WWE was surprised by his lack of appearances as champ.

basically be mad at WWE if you are upset at Rock as champ, not Rock.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Man, you're the AJ Styles of WWEF. Alone on everything.
lmfao dude believe me I know.
Disagree 100%!!!! Batistas best work was during his final heel run. The guy got so much heat with that epic entrance alone. You could put him up against any face and the build would be money.
I can accept that but I guess I have my best memories of watching him when he was face, even though he sucked on the mic as a face. Still prefer it over him strolling around in a wheelchair.

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The time frame for Batista's reported return to WWE is no longer clear.
UNLVTickets.com, the official ticketing company for the Las Vegas-based Thomas & Mack Center, is no longer advertising "The Animal" for WWE's scheduled non-televised event at the venue on Sunday, February 16, 2014. A graphic featuring the six-time world champion was also removed.

On Friday evening, the ticketing company prematurely revealed that Batista would be returning to WWE for the show in the following promotional message: "WWE's Road to Wrestlemania will make a stop at Las Vegas' Thomas and Mack Center on Sunday, February 16. Don't miss your favorite WWE Superstars including: CM Punk, The Shield, Big Show, Kane, the WWE Divas and much more! Plus, see the special return of "The Animal" Batista, LIVE!"

Sources within the company confirmed to PWInsider.com that while the 44-year-old is coming back, it was meant to be kept as a surprise.

This was not the only advertising miscue as Jeramie McPeek, Vice President of Digital Operations for the NBA's Phoenix Suns, revealed on Twitter Friday night that Batista would appear at another non-televised event; scheduled for Saturday, February 15, 2014 at the US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona. The message was quickly deleted.

Batista had been contemplating a return to WWE since last spring, but his acting schedule prevented him from making a commitment until recently. He claimed in subsequent media interviews that he left the company in 2010 due to unhappiness with the family-friendly product.

Source: Wrestlinginc.com

I Doubt this will mean anything to anyone right now but Looks like one of WWE's Surprises was spoiled and their trying to cover it up or Batista's schedule suddenly became full up......

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
gotta love the idiot arena promoters who don't know shit and go ruining big moments for the 'E

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score

The Rock is too much of a precious commodity to let him risk getting himself injured by forcing him to work both TV matches as well as house shows. Him getting injured would have put their Wrestlemania main event at risk, which they were obviously not gonna allow to happen. Hell, he had some pretty 'safe' matches with Cena at WM28 and WM29 and he still ended up getting injured at both anyway.

The Rock only stepping into the ring for PPV matches also made those matches feel more special and must-see.

Reactions: Farooq

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
The Rock is too much of a precious commodity to let him risk getting himself injured by forcing him to work both TV matches as well as house shows. Him getting injured would have put their Wrestlemania main event at risk, which they were obviously not gonna allow to happen. Hell, he had some pretty 'safe' matches with Cena at WM28 and WM29 and he still ended up getting injured at both anyway.

The Rock only stepping into the ring for PPV matches also made those matches feel more special and must-see.
Well he could have made non fighting appearances, its just he barley appeared as champ but anyways this isn't bout Rocky right now lol its about Batista :)

Reactions: JC4Life37

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Never really cared too much for Batista, I wouldn't mark. Though to be fair I missed out on his heel run, wasn't watching 'E at the time.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Couldn't stand the Rock's title reign either, but looking back... he left his cushy movie studio job where he worked very little to make zillions of dollars in a safe environment to come back into the ring for much less money, got injured, and didn't have to. It's kind of a shame that he got the heat that he did for it. That's more heat that should have went to Vince as D'Z said. That whole storyline was a total waste of both Rock's return and Punk's title reign.