• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, alright. I'd rather he returned as a heel but it'll be nice to see him back either way.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Lol at IWC who think those vanilla midgets can carry WWE into Mania. Batista yeah!

Reactions: THG?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'm all for old wrestlers or part timers returning if they are bringing their work boots.

Reactions: Larsosc

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
This has made me more excited for the Rumble, and even more excited to the RTWM. EXCITEMENT.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'm all for him to return hopefully he puts someone over.

I do feel old as shit when people say that Batista reminds them of their childhood :silva:

Reactions: DK JAMES

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Batista to put Big E Langston over? Notice #animal, and what a random time to just tweet that.

bb7d0f7027c7aa5d1710971a84f9b756.png

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, Langston seems like the logical choice. He said recently that a match with Batista was his personal dream match for Wrestlemania, plus the 'E puts a lot of stock into Langston as one of the future stars of the company, so it makes sense to have Batista put him over. Big E would have to drop the IC Title before then, though.

A match with HHH is something I wouldn't consider off the table either, though. They have history (being former partners in Evolution, and the fact that Batista won his world championship gold by defeating HHH at Mania 21 in 2005) and I could see McMahon announcing on-screen that the man he's chosen to defend him at Mania is none other than a man who HHH should fear stepping back into the ring with... "The Animal" Batista! Keeping in mind that Batista has said on record that if he ever made a return even for just a short stint, HHH is one of the names he'd like to work with again. (Here's hoping for the opposite though, as Punk or Bryan getting the match with HHH is much more beneficial and makes more sense to me.)

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yeah, Langston seems like the logical choice. He said recently that a match with Batista was his personal dream match for Wrestlemania, plus the 'E puts a lot of stock into Langston as one of the future stars of the company, so it makes sense to have Batista put him over. Big E would have to drop the IC Title before then, though.

A match with HHH is something I wouldn't consider off the table either, though. They have history (being former partners in Evolution, and the fact that Batista won his world championship gold by defeating HHH at Mania 21 in 2005) and I could see McMahon announcing on-screen that the man he's chosen to defend him at Mania is none other than a man who HHH should fear stepping back into the ring with... "The Animal" Batista! Keeping in mind that Batista has said on record that if he ever made a return even for just a short stint, HHH is one of the names he'd like to work with again. (Here's hoping for the opposite though, as Punk or Bryan getting the match with HHH is much more beneficial and makes more sense to me.)

I'd rather see Batista v Orton than Hunter, and they could use the evolution angle in that too. There are lots of options: Lesnar, Cena, Reigns, Ryback, Sheamus, etc.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm all for him to return hopefully he puts someone over.

I do feel old as shit when people say that Batista reminds them of their childhood :silva:

Yeah, but who? Of the actual young talent who needs the rub, Big E or Reigns would be the logical choices, but how well would it work? Reigns is largely unproven. Don't want Batista to be a face, so feuding with Wyatt or Ambrose are out. Rhodes is busy... I'd love to see him work with the three young cruiserweights to have a David vs Goliath battle, but nobody could buy into Rollins vs Batista at this point, Neville isn't ready, and doubt they'll call up Sami just to throw him at Batista (they should, that would be awesome). So guess Langston's the best choice... then again they won't use Batista to put young talent over, they'll just waste their time with him like they have with Bork

Anyway, read this while rewatching some old promos and thought "Wow, amazing how much different wrestling felt then... those were the good ol' days" and realized that 2010 was just like 3 years ago lmao.