Bad News For Christian's Future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the408kid

Reaction score
Vince has just never thought of him as a Main Event guy, they had a chance to give him the opportunity at Wrestlemania and they blew it. We'll see what happens now!

Reaction score
How many times do you see oh my fuck god amazing matches anyways these days? They're few and far between.

HBK/Taker at WM 26, especially the MDK tombstone.
Shiozaki/Tanahashi Jan and there are probably a lot more going on overseas but I'm so far behind on puro.

But let me rephrase that for comparison to Christian; how many "damn, that was a great match" aka 4 stars, has he had? He hasn't had one. He's had plenty of good matches, but he hasn't had anything close to Rey/Punk or Cena/Batista @ WM good. Not even close.

the408kid

Reaction score
Shiozaki/Tanahashi Jan and there are probably a lot more going on overseas but I'm so far behind on puro.

But let me rephrase that for comparison to Christian; how many "damn, that was a great match" aka 4 stars, has he had? He hasn't had one. He's had plenty of good matches, but he hasn't had anything close to Rey/Punk or Cena/Batista @ WM good. Not even close.
Good points except I wouldn't give the Punk Mysterio match at Mania 4 stars imo. I'd give it a 3.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
The crowd last night was plain fucking awful. Aside from that crowd, people get into his matches and he gets a nice pop.

The crowds are fucking terrible 95% of the time. The most action they get is when people start to clap when CHRISTIAN starts. I love how people bitch about how stupid that is and he does it in every match. Probably because he knows the fans are boring as fuck and he needs to get them into the show somehow.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

Well to be far, look at who you named. Christian hasn't had a feud/match with those guys since he's returned. He's been on ECW wrestling noobs, and random match here or there on Raw. He hasn't had the opportunity to have a big match.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

First of all, none of the Punk/Rey matches have been 4 stars or better. Solid ***1/2, and lmao @ choosing their WM match. That was the worst one they've had. Nice 7 minutes of action though, just not long enough to compare well enough to the others. Best Cena/Batista match was probably ***3/4. Just my tastes though.

Second, none of Christian's matches are long enough to fucking warrant 4 star matches. His best one since coming back was probably against Edge on FREE TV and it went over 10 MINUTES. Fucking image that. Great ***1/2 match. His ones with Swagger on ECW were all pretty great as well. All in the ***+ range.

Like I've been saying, give him something MEANINGFUL and a another decent at best worker and you will see some great matches. A feud with Punk, Jericho, Mysterio, or even Swagger again, and you'll see a great fucking match. Of course none of these fucking jobber matches that he's been constantly having with Carlito, Chavo, and NXT guys are going to be 4 star matches, but at least all of them are entertaining to watch and good **+ matches for being on TV.

Jesus Christ.

Reaction score
Christian needs to go to Japan where he can main event for life. Jobbing to horny is going to bury him once and for all. They teased a Christian vs Edge feud. Wtf happened to that?

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
There will always be the brides maids that were never brides. The Curt Hennigs , Rick Rudes,etc. Christian falls into that category. Honestly, his last hope is a sweet heel turn because that's when he is over most.

Reaction score
First of all, none of the Punk/Rey matches have been 4 stars or better. Solid ***1/2, and lmao @ choosing their WM match. That was the worst one they've had.

Rey/Punk or Cena/Batista @ WM good
Jesus Christ, where did I say their WrestleMania?
I Should have clarified that I wasn't talking about their WM match, but I figured that "or" would suffice. Comprehension! Comprehension!! Their Extreme Rulez and Over the Limit matches kill anything Christian has done regardless. His best match, BTW, was his Tommy Dreamer affair at the Bash last year.

I still think that even if they pushed him to the liking of the internets, the general crowd still wouldn't connect with him. He just doesn't pop the crowd and that seems to be the thing people are forgetting. I think alot of people are taking a "well, he was TNA champion, so he should be a big fish in the E" mentality and that's not right. Ron Killings was TNA champ too, and he's not much further up the ladder than Chrisitan. The basic point I'm trying to get across is that if Christian showed the upper brass that the general audience cared for him as much as a Ron Killings, or a Hornswoggle, than maybe they would give him something meaningful to do. I'm not hating on the guy but I'm not in love with the guy either, but that's just the way the E works.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Once you mentioned Truth and Christian in the same sentence, I lost it.

Kizza

Reaction score

Oh I agree, probably the last Christian match I really enjoyed was in 03.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Another thing, people talk about. His ecw title reign like that warrants a full on push to main event status in the bigger brands. No. Look at where some other former ecw champs are: Chavo, Kane, Morrison... Neither have been elevated to great things as soon as they left ecw. It took Swagger a good year to get things together.