Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Ikr. I can't wait until they introduce Flash.

You think that unknown woman who saved whats her name's boyfriend was the same business woman who was trying to take over the Queen industries? Thats my guess because Summer Glau plays the character and if Serenity taught me anything it was that she can film a decent fight scene. No idea what DC character she is though.

Reactions: Big Hoss Rambler
Reaction score
You think that unknown woman who saved whats her name's boyfriend was the same business woman who was trying to take over the Queen industries? Thats my guess because Summer Glau plays the character and if Serenity taught me anything it was that she can film a decent fight scene. No idea what DC character she is though.

oh almost forgot about her. yah, she could be that girl in the black suit. would make more sense.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I watched the first 3 episodes, and they were decent, but what sold me was the comic spoilers i read about after each episode. I have a few friends who are die-hard comic fans who just get pissy faced butthurt over the way movies do whatever the fuck they want with a character who already has a movie worthy history to write about.

I get the family shit, and it probably works out okay because im really enjoying The Michael J Fox show (it really is pretty decent as far as family comedy's go) but the show wont be bad.

It's like Suits. I know the show is corny and makes exceptionally stupid moments look even worse, but i'm a cheap mark and fuck ups like Sam Jacksons Fury still work on me. The dude was white in the comics ffs.

Reactions: Action Jackson

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I watched the first 3 episodes, and they were decent, but what sold me was the comic spoilers i read about after each episode. I have a few friends who are die-hard comic fans who just get pissy faced butthurt over the way movies do whatever the fuck they want with a character who already has a movie worthy history to write about.

I get the family shit, and it probably works out okay because im really enjoying The Michael J Fox show (it really is pretty decent as far as family comedy's go) but the show wont be bad.

It's like Suits. I know the show is corny and makes exceptionally stupid moments look even worse, but i'm a cheap mark and fuck ups like Sam Jacksons Fury still work on me. The dude was white in the comics ffs.
Not in the Marvel Ultimates universe he wasn't. I think they use that as their excuse. They are still technically pulling from the Marvel universe I guess. But I understand the frustration. They did the same thing with Kingpin in Daredevil, but that movie sucked so nobody really cared.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
....So in a one word response, did episode 3 move the show in a direction worth keeping up with? Or is it still worth waiting on.

Indeed.

The 3rd episode was MUCH better than the first two. And I will definitely agree that Sky was looking good in this episode. Her all wet, running down those steps in that dress. DAMN. Someone get me a gif of that lol.

And when the gravity effect first yanks at Coulson - that made me lol. So we're 2 eps to 1 here AOS. Pressures on.

Reactions: Senhor Perfect

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score

Yeah you get it. First off... it's a show based on a comic book show. You can try and make it as down to earth and "real world" as you want. (Not you specifically, the writers or Joss or whomever) It's still a comic book show about superheroes. At some point, a dude will show up and he'll be wearing spandex or something. You can't take it all that seriously. So far it's very reverent of the comics I grew up on, just like the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It doesn't take itself too seriously.

I thought Man of Steel was utter shit. It's like they wanted to make Superman into The Dark Knight. They sucked all the fun and love out of Superman. Instead he's the militaristic murdering cunt who doesn't give a fuck apparently about anyone in his home town or his new adopted city. He's out for blood the entire fuckin' time.

Marvel has fun at least. They make it real world and they keep you in the moment, but they don't forget to throw a few hammy jokes your way. The Avengers was the pinnacle of this, but I think all of the flicks have had some element of it.

Reactions: Senhor Perfect

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
So this show had started to redeem itself, but I guess there was not a new episode last week? Did they get cancelled ALREADY? lol

And since it was discussed in this thread I would like to add that Arrow is only getting better! The identity of the masked woman in leather helping the hood was revealed in the last episode and it blew my fucking mind haha.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
There's a 2 week break. They won't be back this week, but they'll be back the following week.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Ok, just wanted to note that this show has got on my good side and is slowly getting better. The last episode with the Thor and Asgard tie ins was what I have been waiting for! Hope they keep going in the same direction with the show.

inb4 Colson is actually one of those SHIELD LMDs