ACW Disscussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BDC

Reaction score
Ya know. We spend way too much time in here arguing points than actually rping. Banks is rping and we have said we're watching it. Now everybody else, why don't we start dropping some rps. Prime has been good enough to open up the caps. Let's use'm...

Pete

Reaction score
Jacqui swears like a sailor. One of my other guys used British slang/cussing (which is like, 100 times better than the American). Darren uses "hell" and "goddamn". Jack rarely swears, if ever. Depends on what the character calls for, really.

Also, famous line from the 1970s Bad News Bears. You know which one I mean ;)

BDC

Reaction score
Zack Bronko says, "Shut the F*** up and get on with it! Damn pansies!"

OOC: I guess, well said there Bronko...

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
The acceptance and therefore, presence of racism, only promotes racism. Even within the context of stories. While films still use it frequently, lots of older books' new editions have edited such words out. In most every fed I've been in, such things have not been tolerable. I agree with RRS on this one. It's almost as bad as defaming someone's creed or religion.

AKA, while you may not take offense to it, others will. It only makes the human race look even worse and more ignorant.

I have to comment... I just have to on the bolded part... and that is that people will take offense to anything. I mean the world would have to be silent and even then someone would take offense to the silence. You can't cater to everyone, you can't please everyone. There will always be something said, something done that will offend.

And as far as making the human race look more ignorant... I don't think that's possible. The Human race looks as bad as it ever will and is as ignorant as it ever will be. Just a fact of life.

And as far as defaming someone's creed or religion? That's done on the news, on tv, everywhere... again people get offended all the time cause they wear their emotions on their skin. I mean trust me... if you thought him sayin "smurf" was bad... I've had Phoenix cross lines that would make you literally hate her. Like spitting in the face of religion. I mean... it is what it is.

But enough about that... all you folks here need to start doin your rps and all that jazz. I'll sit back and relax... and watch this thread cause... I don't wrestle anymore :p

PY.

Reaction score
The best part about this whole shit is the fact that I have plenty of black friends and family members, and I constantly use smurf when I talk to them, or anyone around me. They pay no mind to it, it's fucking slang.

Jesus Christ. If it really bothers you that I use smurf, then kick me out the fed.. It's how the character speaks, and how I speak.. I'm not gonna stop using the damn word. I'm nowhere near racist, not even close.. And I don't say er.. What I grew up around was the word smurf used as slang.. Just like bro, homie, dude, and any other fucking word used as friend.

If I was using it with the er, then I'd understand.. But I'm not and never will..

Ever since I been here, I've been consistent.. I might not try all that much when my opponent no shows or half asses, but I stay consistent..

So do what you want.. Really, it doesn't bother me.. But people gettin' all salty because I say smurf.. That pisses me off.

EDIT:

Don't close this thread please. It's not worth it.. It's a pointless argument as all of them are.. I'm done now, just needed to get that out there. I took to twitter for the rest.

Last edited:

Pete

Reaction score
Nobody's gonna ban you, PY. We're a little bit thicker-skinned than that.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Shouldn't have taken it personal so far it's been a pretty good discussion about what language to use in RP's. Though you won't be changing my opinions about the subject I've been RPing for more years then I care to disclose. I think cussing should be kept to a minimum and I don't tend to favor much slang either to me they show signs of a weak RPer who has to use slang and cursing to be "edgy" Not a dig at you just in general that who tends to use it.

Guess the test will be if you face Avalanche as he works his way through the ranks though.

Pete

Reaction score
Personally, I don't consider myself a weak RPer, and I let Jacqui cuss as much as she wants. It's just the way the character talks, and I let her talk freely, if that makes sense. With Jack Ripper, I never swear harder than a "damn", because he doesn't like it - it's a character trait. Brandi, Lord Vycious's wife, abhorred swearing - she never ever ever EVER swore, and used to criticise Jacqui for doing so. Ditto Lord Vycious, who is too polite to swear. But Darren does swear.

Do you get where I'm going with this? If it's a character trait, then why not? If it's a cheap gimmick for shock value, then I agree it's extraneous.

It's like saying St. Anger is a bad album, and rating it a 1/10, because you think it's a bad album, vs saying it just so people will read your review. If, again, that makes sense.

BDC

Reaction score
Yeah, Both my characters take their turns cursing in one aspect or another. But it's natural. My characters speak for themselves, if you can get your head around that. They live and breath and speak the way they want. Sometimes I have to tone done some of them, but usually let'em fly. Myself, day to day, don't cuss really. It's weird, eh?

As for the N word discussion. I understand all points. But I remember when I was a kid and we all used the word POLLOCK as a synonym for MORON. Never knew till I was much older what a POLLOCK actually was and that it was actually a racial slur. Don't use it anymore. If I was writing about my childhood to prove a point, maybe...IDK

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Well thank you Slim, and thank you PY, I now know it's okay to use that word.

[video=youtube;0itOCgJtNVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0itOCgJtNVU[/video]

This shall be in all my RP's from now on.

Honestly, I don't agree with the use of the word. Personal thing for me.

Pete

Reaction score
[youtube]XIirmGHbLto[/youtube]

Am reminded of this with this whole dis-cuss-ion (see what I did there?)

Also, this

[youtube]cCEamMDcTO0[/youtube]

Last edited:

BDC

Reaction score
Who are you and what have you done with RRS? I mean, you've gone months without saying PENIS on the forum!!!! :Vickie:

PY.

Reaction score
Eh, I could easily RP without cursing.. I just choose not to. I don't use curse words for emphasis or anything like that. It's just part of the characters vocabulary really.

Don't know why the hell I bugged out up there.. Think it was like 5 or 6 am ET and I was tired, lol.

Reaction score
Cursing in rp's does turn me off to an rp but I hate when a character has sexual tensions with another in an RP. I mean no one wants to read that shit. The Wrestling Addict is bad about this lol I use to tell him all the time that it's the reason I don't like most of his rp's. But I absolutly hate the word you did use and it does offend me. I'm not black but the word symbols a time that a lot of American's would like to forget about. It's vulger and I just hate the way it makes you feel when someone says it around me. To be honest, after I read that in you're rp, I stopped reading and I won't read the rest of you're rp either, or probably any more of your rp's.