ACW Disscussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I didn't realize he was referring to you. And while it is fantasy does throwing in a fuck shit motherfucker really help if you use them all the time? I find it more impactful to have my guys refrain from cussing just so that when they do it you know they mean business.

PY.

Reaction score
Really don't know if he was talking about me in general, but I'm just stating it's part of the character nor is it ever during a backstage interview, on screen for an ACW show, etc. Then, yeah, I understand refraining from it because it wouldn't be on the show.. But if someone is out somewhere talking to someone, or something along the lines of not being a part of the ACW show then I don't see it as a big deal..

Nor do I think my RP's are only good because I curse in them.. Different story though.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I just read your RP, and you used a word that should never really be used in an RP, ever. Especially if your character is a white guy....

It was also a general statement.

PY.

Reaction score
smurf?

He was originally a hood rat man. Grew up in the streets of New Jersey and was basically raised by a black family. He's said the word forever, and shit I use the RP in real life.. They freakin' say it on the USA network for movies for Christ sake. It's slangg.

I'll finish my saying I'll 'refrain' from it, but not stopping.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Its a word. I mean it isn't like he goin around sayin Nope this Nope that you black monkey.

And as far as language in promos... some characters it just seems to fit better than others. But the thing is... always not to overdo it otherwise it just comes off bad.

PY.

Reaction score
Exactly. The word 'smurf' is pretty much slang this day in age.. I mean look:

smurf 4
Slang term for homie, friend, buddy, etc., used primarily by African-Americans but has spread to other races as well;

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah I mean I find no offense to it. I'm black. Its all good. Just as long as it isn't overused then its all good ya know.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
As long as it's not used in an inappropriate fashion

Slim spending quite a bit of time in here tonight he must be working on a new guy for the roster.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
heh? Me? a new guy for the roster? nahhhh not me :D

heh heh.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I rarely use curse words in my RP's, I used "shit" that one time. I see other people who use curse works way too much. It's just plain stupid.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I know when Phoenix was portrayed as Ivy she rarely ever said a curse word so when it did happen it was like whoa. Phoenix was more of the type to use many different words but cursing was still mild cept for when she was pissed... when she was pissed off you knew it cause it would get violent. But... yeah it helps with distinction but there has to be variables

Andy

Reaction score
The acceptance and therefore, presence of racism, only promotes racism. Even within the context of stories. While films still use it frequently, lots of older books' new editions have edited such words out. In most every fed I've been in, such things have not been tolerable. I agree with RRS on this one. It's almost as bad as defaming someone's creed or religion.

AKA, while you may not take offense to it, others will. It only makes the human race look even worse and more ignorant.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Words only have the power that you give them.

Also he used a not er which is even broadcast frequently on the radio. If there is a situation where it gets to be too much someone will say something but I don't think we're at that point yet though everyone should keep it in mind.

The Staff has warned a member of the Forum for racism earlier this month so it's not taken lightly