2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
AP told me to draft him first on espn today.
I lean toward Shady, but if I get a first overall pick I'll probably go Peterson just because I've literally never had him in a single league... so naturally if I get him expect massive regression

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I lean toward Shady, but if I get a first overall pick I'll probably go Peterson just because I've literally never had him in a single league... so naturally if I get him expect massive regression
lol, they asked him, who do you take "you or mccoy" and he just laughs and says, you know what to do. Kinda made me hard

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
looks like we've got 11 strong with 10 already in the league + Nero

Gohan and CrayJ might be gone. I know CrayJ was active last year but she's been tagged a couple of times without responding and seems much busier now. Nothing personal on her...

so basically we have 1 spot to filll. If Cray shows up and wants the spot she can certainly have it.

Nero, let me know your email for NFL.com or I can just give you the league ID and PW if you prefer

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
lol, they asked him, who do you take "you or mccoy" and he just laughs and says, you know what to do. Kinda made me hard
It is definitely between he and Shady. I see some ranking Charles in the same category, but I put him just behind Shady/AD, in the Lacy/Forte tier.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
off the top of my head so I'm sure to forget someone but I like:

Graham 1
Gronk 2
Thomas 3
--
Cameron 4
Witten 5
Davis 6
Olsen 7
--
Bennett 8
Pitta 9 (I won't touch the scumbag but someone will around this range)
Concussions Reed 10
--
Gates 11
Zach Ertz 12
Dwayne Allen 13
Ladarius Green has major sleeper appeal
Detroit rookie is in a good position to produce

sure I forgot someone
Kyle Rudolph!

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
People are jizzing over that Oregon TE in GB too.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
People are jizzing over that Oregon TE in GB too.
I don't think a Packers TE carries fantasy relevance this season. Boykin will be the #3 option in the passing game + Lacy is going to get close to 20 touches per likely.

So you're looking at Lacy eating up tons of carries, Jordy/Cobb will both get a ton of targets, Boykin is solid in the slot and then any TE will be at best the #5 in that offense... add in that there is no clear cut TE atm, just a bunch of guys, and it is an easy decision to look for TEs elsewhere in the draft. Of course if Lyerla pulls his head out of his ass (loooooooooooooooooooooong shot) he is on the radar, but unless you are in a super deep league he isn't anywhere near draftable at this point unless you really just have a gut feeling he is going to turn shit around and dominant as an undrafted rookie TE with a coke problem.

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/packers-training-camp-report-july-26-072614

So You Had A Bad Day:

Tight end Colt Lyerla

Given the uncertainty among the Packers tight end group, there will be plenty of opportunities for roster spots to be won at that position. Unfortunately for Colt Lyerla, his first NFL training camp practice was not a good one.

On a day in which there were very few dropped passes overall, Lyerla had two of them. One would have been a relatively difficult catch as Matt Flynn underthrew a deep pass, but Lyerla slipped, got his hands on it and couldn't haul it in. The other was a more routine play on a rollout from Flynn that Lyerla has to make.

As an undrafted free agent with the off-the-field history that Lyerla has, he has to be a lot better than he was Saturday in order to stick around.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Ertz will be top 8 TE this year IMO; and that's not just from a biased standpoint.
He is a stud but I wonder if the wealth will be spread around so much that it winds up hurting fantasy value in Philly? I'm a Maclin believer in DeSean's old spot on the field, but outside of that Cooper, Ertz, Sproles and Matthews all seem like they will be more valuable IRL than in fantasy.

What is the deal with Celek? As far as drafting Ertz goes I'd like to tell myself he is strictly a blocker moving forward, but that probably isn't true. I did hear that Chip is running out a bunch of 2 TE sets in camp.

Ertz is at the top of my "sleeper TE' list. Once Marty B Pretty goes off the board I turn my attention to Ertz.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
@Nero_x3 I need your NFL.com associated email

also we need one more player lol. @Snowman any luck convincing Gohan to "swallow his pride" aka "stop being a blueberry" to come to the board at least for fantasy purposes? He doesn't have to do anything but check this thread

@Randy Savage you fucking dipshit

hell tell him he can make an account, nobody not involved with this league even has to know it is him.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He is a stud but I wonder if the wealth will be spread around so much that it winds up hurting fantasy value in Philly? I'm a Maclin believer in DeSean's old spot on the field, but outside of that Cooper, Ertz, Sproles and Matthews all seem like they will be more valuable IRL than in fantasy.

What is the deal with Celek? As far as drafting Ertz goes I'd like to tell myself he is strictly a blocker moving forward, but that probably isn't true. I did hear that Chip is running out a bunch of 2 TE sets in camp.

Ertz is at the top of my "sleeper TE' list. Once Marty B Pretty goes off the board I turn my attention to Ertz.

Celek is going to play the "back-up" (technically both of them are starting TEs according to Chip) role in those 2 TE sets; kind of like a poor man's Aaron Hernandez to a poor man's Rob Gronkowski, he'll still get a decent bit of looks because he always manages to find himself open on a large variety of plays throughout the season.. You may be right though it could very well end up a situation where they just have a different guy open on each play.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4269/brent-celek

Sounds like he may have to take a pay cut just to stick around

edit: damn lol that is from January?? holy shit lol
Yeah back when they were trying to cut as much of the budget as possible in case they were going to pay DeSean his money.
Celek does need to take a paycut though IMO, when they gave him the 6-yr $29 mil extension they thought he was going to be a beast.. don't get me wrong he had his moments but he's not worth that kind of cash. I would've rather taken a rookie that proves himself during camp to be opposite of Ertz in a 2 TE set.. A cheaper option and most likely still similar production to what Celek can do. I think we can cut him starting after this season and not have any dead money or money left to pay him from his guarenteed amt.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yeah back when they were trying to cut as much of the budget as possible in case they were going to pay DeSean his money.
Celek does need to take a paycut though IMO, when they gave him the 6-yr $29 mil extension they thought he was going to be a beast.. don't get me wrong he had his moments but he's not worth that kind of cash. I would've rather taken a rookie that proves himself during camp to be opposite of Ertz in a 2 TE set.. A cheaper option and most likely still similar production to what Celek can do. I think we can cut him starting after this season and not have any dead money or money left to pay him from his guarenteed amt.
Somehow James Casey, special teams player, is due 4 million as well.

BUT WE CAN'T PAY DESEAN HERPA HERPA HERPA

Status
Not open for further replies.