2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
because most of our teams are already in their offseason, lets discuss what should happen with our teams

to say this is a big ass offseason for Oakland would be a monumental understatement. A huge portion of ignorant fans for years said the Raiders would be better off with Al Davis dead, and so far that's been far from the case. McKenzie has been purging our roster which I suppose had to be done, but now its time to see what he's got. He has a full slate of picks and a bunch of cap space, but also some key free agents of his own. So far we haven't seen much with his limited cap space and draft picks to work with, but he has been more 'miss' than 'hit' in both areas with the chips he has had to play with. He was also a part of enabling Allen to run Pryor's stock into the ground, but that's another thing.

Raiders FAs of note:
LT Jared Veldheer- we can't let him hit the open market. lock his ass up long term
DE Lamarr Houston- had his best season and is our best DL, but probably better to let him walk than overpay to keep him. he isn't a game changer most days
RB Darren McFadden- no chance he is back
S C-Wood- wouldn't mind bringing him back one more year if he doesn't feel like hanging em up quite yet
CB Mike Jenkins- played well enough that I'd give him another 1 year deal and let him compete for playing time next year
WR Jacoby Ford- I can't advocate bringing him back, too fragile. can be a true game changer when healthy though from the slot or returning kicks
RB Rashad Jennings- give him a 1 year deal and draft a RB in the 6th/7th round to compete for carries

FAs the Raiders should target with their abundant cap space:

Jared Allen- we haven't had a decent edge rusher since Derrick Burgess. he is from northern California and is only 31.. I would give him a 3/4 year deal worth big money. I think this can be a huge step in the right direction for our D

Alex Mack- one of the top centers in the league and sticking with the theme of dudes from CA, he went to Berkeley. Signing Mack lets Wiz jr slide back over to LG where he excelled as a rookie. then we just need a RG and the line is set with Big V-Wiz Jr-Mack-FA/Draft-Watson (2nd r pick out of FSU last year)

Michael Vick- Keeping up the theme of having competition at each position I would try to bring in Vick on a 1/2 year deal to compete with a first round rookie. Pryor is going to be traded and McGloin can stick around as third string, which is about the extent of his capability. In my dream world we can trade up to #1 to get Bridgewater, but realistically we take whoever we rate the highest at #5 and have him compete with Vick, ultimately hoping he takes the job obviously. Vick isn't going to stay healthy for 16 games but he is a great backup who can give your team a boost if the starter goes down

WR Hakeem Nicks- Disappointing contract season means we maybe get him cheap if the Giants let him walk. I love his potential, maybe if we pay him like a #1 and treat him like a #1 he will perform like it. I think once Cruz emerged he sort of tuned out when he wasn't being featured in a lot of games.

@Danielson give us that Giants scoop.
@Snowman how do the Ravens get back on track
@pottsy946 whats next for Chicago after dat lulzy Cutler contract?
@Varus who the Lions gonna hire?

tag other users to get more teams. I can't think of any more atm

all of our teams suck lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Varus

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
From what I heard Tedd Ginn is going to be a free agent, I think he would make a solid target for Stafford. Next thing is keep Fauria, the dude is a beast and has kept us from being blownout from time to time. Get rid of Chris Houston ASAP, I could out run this goober for christ sake.Draft Sammy Watkins as soon as were on the board. I'm kinda skeptical on Reggie Bush as of now, Joique can obviously do fine on his own.It would also be great if we got another kicker,sorry Akers but your out of your prime son.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
because most of our teams are already in their offseason, lets discuss what should happen with our teams

to say this is a big ass offseason for Oakland would be a monumental understatement. A huge portion of ignorant fans for years said the Raiders would be better off with Al Davis dead, and so far that's been far from the case. McKenzie has been purging our roster which I suppose had to be done, but now its time to see what he's got. He has a full slate of picks and a bunch of cap space, but also some key free agents of his own. So far we haven't seen much with his limited cap space and draft picks to work with, but he has been more 'miss' than 'hit' in both areas with the chips he has had to play with. He was also a part of enabling Allen to run Pryor's stock into the ground, but that's another thing.

Raiders FAs of note:
LT Jared Veldheer- we can't let him hit the open market. lock his ass up long term
DE Lamarr Houston- had his best season and is our best DL, but probably better to let him walk than overpay to keep him. he isn't a game changer most days
RB Darren McFadden- no chance he is back
S C-Wood- wouldn't mind bringing him back one more year if he doesn't feel like hanging em up quite yet
CB Mike Jenkins- played well enough that I'd give him another 1 year deal and let him compete for playing time next year
WR Jacoby Ford- I can't advocate bringing him back, too fragile. can be a true game changer when healthy though from the slot or returning kicks
RB Rashad Jennings- give him a 1 year deal and draft a RB in the 6th/7th round to compete for carries

FAs the Raiders should target with their abundant cap space:

Jared Allen- we haven't had a decent edge rusher since Derrick Burgess. he is from northern California and is only 31.. I would give him a 3/4 year deal worth big money. I think this can be a huge step in the right direction for our D

Alex Mack- one of the top centers in the league and sticking with the theme of dudes from CA, he went to Berkeley. Signing Mack lets Wiz jr slide back over to LG where he excelled as a rookie. then we just need a RG and the line is set with Big V-Wiz Jr-Mack-FA/Draft-Watson (2nd r pick out of FSU last year)

Michael Vick- Keeping up the theme of having competition at each position I would try to bring in Vick on a 1/2 year deal to compete with a first round rookie. Pryor is going to be traded and McGloin can stick around as third string, which is about the extent of his capability. In my dream world we can trade up to #1 to get Bridgewater, but realistically we take whoever we rate the highest at #5 and have him compete with Vick, ultimately hoping he takes the job obviously. Vick isn't going to stay healthy for 16 games but he is a great backup who can give your team a boost if the starter goes down

WR Hakeem Nicks- Disappointing contract season means we maybe get him cheap if the Giants let him walk. I love his potential, maybe if we pay him like a #1 and treat him like a #1 he will perform like it. I think once Cruz emerged he sort of tuned out when he wasn't being featured in a lot of games.

@Danielson give us that Giants scoop.
@Snowman how do the Ravens get back on track
@pottsy946 whats next for Chicago after dat lulzy Cutler contract?
@Varus who the Lions gonna hire?

tag other users to get more teams. I can't think of any more atm

all of our teams suck lol
I think the bears resigning Cutler was a smart thing for now. But the amount of money they're paying him is ridiculous.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Don't agree with getting Vick. Dude is just too injury prone. As for losing McFadden, doesn't bother me at all, Jennings proved he could handle the job well when McFadden went down. The focus IMO should be on D and on QB.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Don't agree with getting Vick. Dude is just too injury prone. As for losing McFadden, doesn't bother me at all, Jennings proved he could handle the job well when McFadden went down. The focus IMO should be on D and on QB.
He should come on the cheap and a short term deal. Its a no risk scenario, and if he gets hurt we 'still have McGloin' like that is some great thing. Obviously the focus at QB is getting a young guy to develop in the first round

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
He should come on the cheap and a short term deal. Its a no risk scenario, and if he gets hurt we 'still have McGloin' like that is some great thing. Obviously the focus at QB is getting a young guy to develop in the first round
Haven't we done that like five times now? Can we get Gannon out of retirement?

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
RIP to any team that drafts Johnny Manziel

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
RIP to any team that drafts Johnny Manziel
yea I will die a little inside if McKenzie does that dumb shit

then again I thought Cam would be a huge bust so who knows

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The Texans are going to mow over everyone once they draft Bridgewater.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The Texans are going to mow over everyone once they draft Bridgewater.
Heard they are looking to deal the pick. I'd give the #5 pick and next year's first to get his ass

Status
Not open for further replies.