Your Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Damn guess I’m not a true fan of wrestling. Gonna go sell all my merch now and give up watching weekly :lmao

Reactions: Vegeta

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
ECW was overrated and the propping up and pushing of the originals that happened every 3 years or so tarnished its legacy more and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Swamps

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I would say ECW as a whole may be overrated and the constant rehashes of it have done it no justice, other than ONS 2005 and 2006 and MAYBE Hardcore Justice. But, the specific things that do get hyped up about it, are usually worthy of the hype. Dreamer/Sandman and Dreamer/Raven feuds were great. RVD was fucking awesome. Taz was awesome. The Impact Players were awesome. They had amazing matches and rivalries like Tajiri/Crazy/Guido, RVD/Lynn, Tanaka/Awesome and so on. There was a lot of greatness in that company, and plenty that is almost laughably bad looking back. But I do think the company perfectly captured the spirit of the time and for the people who it appealed to, they really couldn't ask for much more. It's kinda like punk music or gangster rap, in a sense. It isn't gonna be for everyone obviously, and it was never meant to be. But for those people it did connect with, it was huge.

Honky Tonk GOAT

Reaction score
There is very little I like about wrestling right now, so let’s see if I can stir up some shit...

1. NXT is straight garbage...unwatchable
2. IIconics were the best women’s tag team of all time
3. Bianca’s nickname of EST is incredibly stupid, because half of the ESTs would be negatives...stupidest
4. I hate the way they overplay how many times champions. It should be based on tenures. An 11 time champ lost the belt 10X. What’s next? Are they gonna have R Truth sleep with another dude where they spoon back and forth all night, flopping arms all around. Then when they wake up, unbeknownst to them, the belt changed hands 113 times while they were sleeping? And I’m supposed to be impressed by the 113x champ?
5. New Day should not be put into any GOAT conversations against LOD, Demolition, Hart Foundation or New Age Outlaws.
6. Billy Gunn was the best tagteamer of all time.
7. For current champ, Miz talks the part. Lashley looks the part so gets it by default. The perfect combo does not currently exist in the WWE.
8. The women’s division is currently the best it’s ever been and 10X better than the men’s division.
9. Too many pay per views. They should only be quarterly, 4 per year. Don’t need to see them every other week.
10. I liked the fact Edge came back from injury, but should not be a contender for the belt. If that’s the case, he should have never been brought back. Before you get that title match, put your false teeth in grandpa cause your cheeks are caving in.
11. Matt Hardy should have never came back. What does he have a warehouse full of them same pants?
12. I hate the splitting divisions between Raw and Smackdown. It creates too many belts and too many title matches. How many champs do you need? I know everyone likes title matches, but do we have to see one every other match?
13. WWE is woke anti white racist like other big corporations. Retribution is supposed to mimic antifa. They show the hurt business 4 on 1 beating up some white guy backstage and dumping milk on him. Sami Zayn is supposed to be making fun of white men as domestic extremists ie trump supporters. All the other sports viewers are boycotting and ratings are tanking in NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA and NASCAR because of similar things. I guess WWE feels they can lose a few million fans?
14. Somebody in WWE had a hard on for acronym wrestler names like the Godwin’s being P.I.G. and H.O.G. Did they really think somebody would think that was cool? MVP is the last leftover of that terrible trend and probably the most far fetched. I mean c’mon...Vontavious? Sounds like they were trying way too hard.
15. Asuka is all around terrible. She is not a main eventer. She should not be considered for champ. She can’t even dress herself and please, please, please get her a manager because she has the worst mic skills in all wrestling. She’s from Osaka and her name is spelled Asuka. Almost like a reverse Osaka. Should be pronounced Ah-soo-Kah. Asooka from Osaka. But no, it’s Oscar, like the grouch. Terrible name to boot. Hair is awful. It’s a shame, because seeing her in plain clothes speaking in her normal voice she is really quite likable. Why do they make her so unlikeable? I don’t get the green dripping makeup from her eyes either. Is that cuz she’s a grouch. She has no sense of style and looks gaudy and mismatched. With the eye makeup is she going for the swampmonster carnival clown look? Oska lock sounds like a cop out move name and “hip attack” is horrible. She’s clearly hitting them with her butt...is that too risqué to say? How hard could it be? The flying booty bump. The rising sun or rising moon. The shooting asteroid. No, we get “hip attack.” Please bring back Kairi so she is at least 1% tolerable by association and/or totally reinvent/revamp her please. How many geisha girls are ugly? Well, somehow she makes the mask ugly too.
16. Big E has an incredibly awkward physique and stance. It reminds me of a hunchback woman who can’t stand straight because her boobs are too big and she has back problems.
17. Romans Superman punch is a lame finisher. Edges spear is also lame. We had the spear back in the 80s, it was called ”shoulder tackle” and it was as basic a move as a drop kick. But when Edge does it, it has so much force and is now a finisher? Crap.
18. Another lame finisher was sweet chin music. The name was lame. I hated whenever HBK wrestled how the announcers were chomping at the bit to say it. Even when he wasn’t on camera they would say it. Count how many times for yourself. The move too was lame. It was just a plain old crescent kick or savat (sic?) kick. Same kick he did as a synchronized swimmer with Jannetty mid-match and wasnt a finisher. Why when he does it solo is it now a finisher? I would think 2 feet hitting you would be stronger. Now it’s commonly called a super kick. How many names can you have for the same damn kick?
19. They cant name wrestlers anymore. Just pick a couple random tagteamers...Chad Gable and Robert Roode. Back in the day those names were like Ax, Hawk, the Anvil, Dynamite Kid, the Barbarian. Now almost all of wrestling has a John Doe name...and it’s not even their real name!!! If you wanna be a Joe Blow, at least use your real name. Why make up a fake regular name? It doesn’t make sense. The names & characters are part of the fun of wrestling. Today, we have no names, no characters, no fun.
20. They can’t even name moves anymore. Skull crushing finale? Gimme a break. Whisper in the wind? Sounds like he should be slapping them with a Danielle Steele novel.
21. Too many named moves. Some wrestlers have 2,3 or 4 special named moves. Like Daniel Bryans yes kicks and yes lock. No, you get 1 damn move, that’s it. I’m gonna become a wrestler named Jim. Just Jim, no last name and every single movement I make has a name. I don’t throw punches, I throw Jim punches. I don’t kick, I Jim kick. My drop kick is the kickass Jim blaster. I‘m giving the announcers a 2 page list before the match and make them memorize all my move names. See how lame that gets?
22. Godfather / Papa Shango was the best double persona wrestler of all time.
23. Too many recycled moves given new names by different wrestlers using them. Charlotte flair took her dads move the figure 4, reinvented it into a move nobody has done before and calls it figure 8. That’s totally fine. Edge shouldn’t be allowed to do a razors edge and call it the double edge (for example). Razor Ramone invented it and if anyone else in the future does it, it should have to be called the razors edge. Same move, same name. Stop renaming recycled moves.
24. Wrestler of the year awards by whatever magazine are garbage. Who won last year, AJ styles? They have been historically inaccurate and remain so currently.
25. I like Drew now more than I did 10 years ago as some pansy storkboy. I feel like they told him “you’re fired, now go home and do a bunch of steroids and look & act more like Aragorn from LOTR, then we’ll talk.”
26. Wrestling HOF inductees started out ok, but has gone to hell the past few years. The only ones from the 2021 class that deserves HOF are Kane & Bulldog. There shouldn’t be cameo guest star celebs in the HOF. Do we really need William Shatner or Ozzy in the wrestling HOF? Why, cuz they showed up at 1 Wrestlemania 15 years ago? Are Jack Nicholson or Spike Lee in the NBA hall of fame? How does great Khali get in? Cuz he was big? Cuz he was there a couple years and just stood there and punched? Cuz he was a spectacle at the royal rumble who always got eliminated way too quickly for his size? By that same regard, Giant Gonzalez should get in. I feel like they need to go with more golden agers like MLB or NFL does. It’s almost like “which wrestler from 10 years ago is still alive? Ok, you’re in.”
27. King is a stupid title. It was back in the day with Harley Race, Haku and King Hacksaw Jim Dugan and that was before they even had king of the ring. Baron Corbin won king of the ring once and graduated from Baron to King? Ok fine, but how many years ago was that? He gets to be king forever? No, 1 year and that’s it. If you don’t win again, you lose the title of king. I mean he looks like a wannabe gangbanger, it only makes sense that he would carry a scepter, right?
28. Theme songs have also tanked. Sure, there are a couple good ones, but for the most part they are garbage compared to 20 years ago or 35 years ago. Themes suck. Wrestler names suck. Tag team pairings suck. Move names suck. I can’t even stand today’s commentators. Can’t they get 1 single aspect of anything right anymore?
29. Vinces appearance at WM37 was not a special moment or the emotional thing they were trying to make it out to be. All I thought was obvious facelift or facial reconstructive surgery. He looked weird. He also sounded like he was struggling to talk. I think they may have cut a little too much skin off the jows and nicked his windpipe.
30. Ok, I’m gonna stop at 30, but I could keep going and I think by now you can gauge my displeasure with today’s wrestling. Rhea Ripley is a man. I know a man when I see one. She is the only female to conveniently wear a choker to hide her Adam’s apple. Isn’t that the big topic of today with trannys playing women’s college sports and having an unfair advantage? Well, he has that very unfair advantage. I feel like it’s a big conspiracy, because if you research this online, you’ll find “no, you’re just being a hater, she is a beautiful woman.” I feel like it’s part of his contract that WWE will protect his secret at all costs, more so than they will even protect their own Kay fabe fakeness. To ensure this, they hired a team of 10 internet bloggers who constantly scour the internet to block, refute and white wash all negative comments pertaining to HIS gender identity.

That is all.

Last edited:

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I got to you saying Roman's Superman Punch was a finisher and gave up. The Superman Punch is not a finisher for him, he's won maybe 1 or 2 matches in his whole career with it lol.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Seeing as he seems to get threads and news every time. I don't give a shit about what Meltzer star rates a match.

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
I'm gonna say it .... again! AEW is boring and not my style of wrestling.

And you want another one? Darby Allin is lame

Ace

Reaction score
Seeing as he seems to get threads and news every time. I don't give a shit about what Meltzer star rates a match.
I think it's crazy that everyone is willing to put so much stock in one guy's rating of matches as if he doesn't have his own biases and similar.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I think it's crazy that everyone is willing to put so much stock in one guy's rating of matches as if he doesn't have his own biases and similar.

Yep, more often than not I find myself disagreeing with him anyways. I think Wrestling fans care far too much about what others think and not on their own personal enjoyment. They let it sway how they feel. A match isn't shit just because Meltzer gave it a low star rating.

Reactions: Ace

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Everyone keeps bringing up Meltzer ratings but claim to not care.....just ask him out and get married already.

Ace

Reaction score
Everyone keeps bringing up Meltzer ratings but claim to not care.....just ask him out and get married already.
Thanks for your valuable contribution.

Reactions: Dale

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
More valuable than regurgitating the same shit about some old man who's opinions people claim to not care about, never stop bringing up.

It's the Cornette delusion.

Ace

Reaction score
More valuable than regurgitating the same shit about some old man who's opinions people claim to not care about, never stop bringing up.

It's the Cornette delusion.
It's almost like Meltzer's ratings have become a key part of wrestling discourse to the point where they regularly come up in wrestling discussions regardless of your view on them.

But never mind me, feel free to go back to bashing out contrarian edgelord bullshit with those cheetodust fingers in every wrestling thread you can find.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Cheetodust....someone learned some big words :heston

Ace

Reaction score
Cheetodust....someone learned some big words :heston
Man decided to mock me for using "big words" and chose cheetodust over contrarian.

:sodone