Your Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Meltzer is the biggest worker in pro wrestling and people who thinks he's some genius should give their head a shake.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I hate the Young Bucks
Would say that's a more popular opinion today than you think.

Always liked Cena, his U.S title reign alone was some of the best programming pre-draft split.

Jason Jordan is the real star of AA.

I still enjoy The New Day.

Always, always disliked Ryder. Ziggler too but it's normal to hate him these days.

Loathe Adam Cole.

Drag

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
- End Of An Era is overrated trash

- I love seeing guys from the indy's on WWE mind you but the mass signing of them and gutting other company's rosters is overall hurting the business

- Britgraps is better than Amerigraps. Japgraps is better than both (Mexigraps is somewhere in the middle)

- New Jack is the biggest scumbag in wrestling, moreso than Hogan and that says a lot

- I really dislike how little characters there are in wrestling these days (partly why I enjoy Lucha Underground and NJPW to a slightly lesser extent)

Reactions: Dojo

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
- New Jack is the biggest scumbag in wrestling, moreso than Hogan and that says a lot
I mean, he legit stabbed a kid so I'd say that'd be a bit worse than Hogan being a cunt or being a bit racist. Most of the dudes from that era of wrestling were huge pieces of shit.

As for my unpopular shit
- I like Taichi.

- I don't really like any of the Taker/HBK or Taker/HHH matches. They happened during the time where I couldn't be fucked watching wrestling. But even when I went back to watch them, they just bored the fuck out of me. This also includes Taker/HHH at X-7 (aka lets walk about the building for 20 minutes while the ref is dead).

- The Bullet Club is so shit, not even Kenny Omega and all his godly talent can save it.

- I love Cena, and I always will. If it weren't for him (and Rey, and Eddie), I wouldn't have kept watching wrestling.

- Despite the Divas Revolution, the women's division is still shit. RAW's is dreadful, at least SmackDown has two talented women (Lynch and Nikki) on the roster.

Reactions: Drag

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
I use the term "GOAT" loosely but...

John Cena is THE GOAT.

Also Miz deserves another main event run.

Reactions: Deezy

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
- I loved WWE in 2011. Probably my favorite year (barring 2016) in the new decade.

Drew

Reaction score
I hope miz gets to ME the SD brand too.

Still like new day as well.

Fan or Cena. Despite the hate.

Reactions: Deezy

Ace

Reaction score
Time to bump this because I need to get this off my chest:

Sasha Banks is a poor mic worker.
Everything she says has the exact same intonation and finishes off with a lazy slur at the end. It sounds forced and is incredibly annoying.
It's unfortunate because she clearly has the charisma and talent of a big star but this just makes me not enjoy her.
It has been highlighted by how good Bayley has been recently. It feels like she's carrying Sasha on mic segments - which is something I would not have expected.

Some others to get the ball rolling:

Asuka is overrated. She's obviously very good and clearly deserves to be one of the big stars of the women's division but she's not the phenom that Internet fans tend to believe she is.

Alexa Bliss is underrated. She is one of the few women's wrestlers who is genuinely good at everything - in-ring, mic-work, charisma, great look. And she has shown she is versatile with her characters - from the likeable BFF of Nikki Cross to the absolute bitch she plays as a heel. I think she gets underestimated because her look is very similar to those of the divas of yesteryear who were weak in the ring but had a good look.

Seth Rollins is the best wrestler in the WWE and deserves to be in the conversation for the best in the western world (I dont watch NJPW these days so can't compare).
Yes his face run turned sour but that was WWE's booking of his character more than anything. Everyone agreed he was fantastic before that run, and he is arguably the best thing on WWE TV now again with his new gimmick. He has shown tremendous character versatility throughout his career too.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
:WOW

I can see where you're coming from with most of these.

The Sasha point is understandable, I've always felt like she had the tools to be a bright star, though I've never personally been amazed by her. The look, presence and swagger is there, but it feels like there is something missing so you may be on to something.

I do think Asuka is a phenomenal talent though, and could truly be transcendent in a perfect scenario.

Bliss I don't think is underrated, but I guess it depends where on the internet you're looking. No denying that she is one of the best on the mic in WWE. She has that ability to present her character as incredibly believable and has proven an ability to improvise, which a lot of lesser talents are lacking. She can wrestle, though I wouldn't say she's as good as she could be in that regard. She definitely is a level or two below your Asukas, Charlottes, Sashas and Shirais.

Big Rollins fan personally. I would have him likely in my top 20 as far as in ring wrestlers in the Western world are concerned right now. He's definitely got an excellent energy and work ethic, and is capable of being a sympathetic/fiery babyface or a dastardly heel. He has some bad habits that sometimes give me pause about calling him best in the world, like the need to get all his signature moves in, even when they aren't called for (which is a WWE-wide problem) and some, at times, questionable selling. But yeah, probably top 20 for me. Top 5 WWE main roster quite possibly.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I can't fucking stand MJF. And not cos he's a "good heel", I genuinely can't stand watching him. There's loads of heels that I enjoy watching, but he's not one of them. That promo he cut on Dynamite this week was painful to get through.

I genuinely think that out of the 3 companies, the one who has booked Mox the best is NJPW. WWE was so inconsistent with him it hurt, and AEW's booking of his title reign so far has just been sad. NJPW, on the other hand, lets him play to his strengths, plus he also gets to cut promos in the backstage interviews they do.

The only member of the Elite that I like is Hangman Page. The rest of them really annoy me.

I don't buy Alexa Bliss as a face, lol. She still gives off a bitchy vibe to me, I don't know what it is.

Ace

Reaction score
:WOW

I can see where you're coming from with most of these.

The Sasha point is understandable, I've always felt like she had the tools to be a bright star, though I've never personally been amazed by her. The look, presence and swagger is there, but it feels like there is something missing so you may be on to something.

I do think Asuka is a phenomenal talent though, and could truly be transcendent in a perfect scenario.

Bliss I don't think is underrated, but I guess it depends where on the internet you're looking. No denying that she is one of the best on the mic in WWE. She has that ability to present her character as incredibly believable and has proven an ability to improvise, which a lot of lesser talents are lacking. She can wrestle, though I wouldn't say she's as good as she could be in that regard. She definitely is a level or two below your Asukas, Charlottes, Sashas and Shirais.

Big Rollins fan personally. I would have him likely in my top 20 as far as in ring wrestlers in the Western world are concerned right now. He's definitely got an excellent energy and work ethic, and is capable of being a sympathetic/fiery babyface or a dastardly heel. He has some bad habits that sometimes give me pause about calling him best in the world, like the need to get all his signature moves in, even when they aren't called for (which is a WWE-wide problem) and some, at times, questionable selling. But yeah, probably top 20 for me. Top 5 WWE main roster quite possibly.
I agree with the finisher thing but that is definitely a WWE-thing, so I don't take marks off him from that.
Haven't noticed anything significant with his selling but will keep an eye out now that you've mentioned it.
When I say best in WWE and maybe best in the world I'm talking about the overall package - not just in-ring.
I am curious as to who you think is better than him in the WWE. Not that I'm doubting you or anything; just genuinely curious.

Ace

Reaction score
I can't fucking stand MJF. And not cos he's a "good heel", I genuinely can't stand watching him. There's loads of heels that I enjoy watching, but he's not one of them. That promo he cut on Dynamite this week was painful to get through.

I genuinely think that out of the 3 companies, the one who has booked Mox the best is NJPW. WWE was so inconsistent with him it hurt, and AEW's booking of his title reign so far has just been sad. NJPW, on the other hand, lets him play to his strengths, plus he also gets to cut promos in the backstage interviews they do.

The only member of the Elite that I like is Hangman Page. The rest of them really annoy me.

I don't buy Alexa Bliss as a face, lol. She still gives off a bitchy vibe to me, I don't know what it is.
I think she is meant to be slightly bitchy as part of her role. I think it gives her character more depth, and sort of reminds you that Nikki/Alexa could break up at any time.

Don't agree with you on MJF at all but it's a personal taste thing so eh.

Re: The Elite, I like Kenny too, but the Jacksons have never interested me. They're not bad, just very vanilla.