Your Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the Young Bucks at all. People hyped them up soooo much in the past so when I finally saw them wrestle, I was disappointed :lol They're good wrestlers,I just find them boring.

Ace

Reaction score
The finisher thing is such an issue in WWE though. Back in the day someone kicking out of a finisher was a massive WTF moment that therefore held massive power as a narrative tool.

Now we have matches like those Seth has been in where the question is 'how many times do I need to hit my finisher before I win.'

[I actualy like The Fiend no-selling finisher, ftr, but that's precisely BECAUSE it gives him such a crazy aura. Kind of like the Undertaker's famous kip-up.

Ace

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the Young Bucks at all. People hyped them up soooo much in the past so when I finally saw them wrestle, I was disappointed :lol They're good wrestlers,I just find them boring.
Yeah. They basically feel like budget Hardy Bros without interesting characters.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Mention of The Fiend reminds me. I have never liked Bray Wyatt in any of his incarnations. I just don't GET IT with him, I don't find him interesting or a good wrestler lmao. It baffles me :lol

Ace

Reaction score
Mention of The Fiend reminds me. I have never liked Bray Wyatt in any of his incarnations. I just don't GET IT with him, I don't find him interesting or a good wrestler lmao. It baffles me :lol
He isn't a good wrestler. He is a great character worker though. I absolutely love the whole Fiend aesthetic and idea of a dominant super-human character.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The York Foundation were a great idea that fit the era perfectly.

The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers, The Jumping Bomb Angels and The Orient Express were three of the best teams in history.

WCW's version of Cactus Jack was better than WWF/E's

Reactions: Chris and Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I agree with the finisher thing but that is definitely a WWE-thing, so I don't take marks off him from that.
Haven't noticed anything significant with his selling but will keep an eye out now that you've mentioned it.
When I say best in WWE and maybe best in the world I'm talking about the overall package - not just in-ring.
I am curious as to who you think is better than him in the WWE. Not that I'm doubting you or anything; just genuinely curious.
Total package I suppose is a different conversation. I do think the in ring element is Seth's strong suit. As a babyface, I like him, but he's been pretty unsuccessful if you really look at it, though you could possibly chalk that up to "fans" instinctively shitting on whoever the top face is. He's definitely better at playing the heel character. The cocky bastard thing he was doing with The Authority was great and I think The Messiah gimmick is working out really well for him as well, though I am reaching a point where I'm tired of him chalking everything up to "the greater good". Like, tell us what the grand scheme is, don't just keep saying the same vaguely messianic stuff.

But as for who I rate over Rollins in the WWE, I would have to go Daniel Bryan (#1 imo), AJ Styles, and Drew McIntyre now that he's come into his own are the only ones I would say with certainty. I would also put motivated Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar over him, but those depend on their effort level. I would put Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Sheamus, Ali and Aleister Black roughly on the same level as him, some maybe higher and some lower depending on the day I guess.

Ace

Reaction score
Total package I suppose is a different conversation. I do think the in ring element is Seth's strong suit. As a babyface, I like him, but he's been pretty unsuccessful if you really look at it, though you could possibly chalk that up to "fans" instinctively shitting on whoever the top face is. He's definitely better at playing the heel character. The cocky bastard thing he was doing with The Authority was great and I think The Messiah gimmick is working out really well for him as well, though I am reaching a point where I'm tired of him chalking everything up to "the greater good". Like, tell us what the grand scheme is, don't just keep saying the same vaguely messianic stuff.

But as for who I rate over Rollins in the WWE, I would have to go Daniel Bryan (#1 imo), AJ Styles, and Drew McIntyre now that he's come into his own are the only ones I would say with certainty. I would also put motivated Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar over him, but those depend on their effort level. I would put Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Sheamus, Ali and Aleister Black roughly on the same level as him, some maybe higher and some lower depending on the day I guess.
He was successful as the Architect in the Nexus as a face. As I said, the top face is almost always doomed to fail, and tends to be forced into cheesy nonsense.

D-Bry is a fantastic wrestler but I'm not sure he's as good a promo/charisma etc as people would have you believe. He is loved as an underdog but I think it's a bit more in the rey mysterio vein than due to him being a legitimately great charisma/talker guy. He's good, but not great at it.

I think Rollins is probably a bit better-rounded.

AJ is great and I think he's underrated a bit as a promo guy. I think he's a little less versatile though.

I'm a big Drew mark but I don't think we can say he's better, or even as good, all-round compared to Seth. This time next year maybe I'll change my mind. But Seth has been extremely relevant for many years now - it remains to be seen if Drew can stay as big a deal for as long.

Randy is a good bet. He probably beats Seth.

The way Brock is booked makes it tough for me to gauge where he should be rated.

I don't think guys like Ali and Cesaro are anywhere near Rollins tbh - they're good in-ring guys but don't offer nearly as much value in a sports entertainment context. Owens, Zayn, Sheamus, and Black are all fantastic but I think they fall a bit short of Seth. Owens probably the best of that bunch and the closes to Seth.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Never thought I would ever read that Bliss was underrated.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
He was successful as the Architect in the Nexus as a face. As I said, the top face is almost always doomed to fail, and tends to be forced into cheesy nonsense.

D-Bry is a fantastic wrestler but I'm not sure he's as good a promo/charisma etc as people would have you believe. He is loved as an underdog but I think it's a bit more in the rey mysterio vein than due to him being a legitimately great charisma/talker guy. He's good, but not great at it.

I think Rollins is probably a bit better-rounded.

AJ is great and I think he's underrated a bit as a promo guy. I think he's a little less versatile though.

I'm a big Drew mark but I don't think we can say he's better, or even as good, all-round compared to Seth. This time next year maybe I'll change my mind. But Seth has been extremely relevant for many years now - it remains to be seen if Drew can stay as big a deal for as long.

Randy is a good bet. He probably beats Seth.

The way Brock is booked makes it tough for me to gauge where he should be rated.

I don't think guys like Ali and Cesaro are anywhere near Rollins tbh - they're good in-ring guys but don't offer nearly as much value in a sports entertainment context. Owens, Zayn, Sheamus, and Black are all fantastic but I think they fall a bit short of Seth. Owens probably the best of that bunch and the closes to Seth.
Well I think you and I are just on different pages when it comes to entertainment value.

I place Daniel Bryan safely ahead Rollins in the ring or on the mic. He never feels like he's playing a role to me, it's all very organic and believable. Their face runs aren't even comparable. And I'll take Bryan as a heel in ROH or as the Planet's Champion over any incarnation of Seth.

Drew McIntyre, I wouldn't say he's as good in the ring as Rollins, but once more, he doesn't come across as forced as Rollins.

I guess that is my biggest negative for Rollins. You find him versatile and well rounded, and I really don't. I am a big fan of him and think he catches way more shit than is justified, but I can't deny that on the mic, I've often felt he falls short of what you expect from top stars. Even now with possibly the best gimmick of his career, his promos are hit and miss. Probably the best thing about his promos in the past several months are the facials and reactions he's provided when trying to destroy people's eyes. :lol I guess I could say the same for his feud with Brock. The best thing he did outside of his wrestling was bumping his ass off in the brawls he had with Brock. I know all that sounds fairly negative but it really isn't meant to. I just find him average, maybe even slightly below average with a mic in his hand.

Ace

Reaction score
Well I think you and I are just on different pages when it comes to entertainment value.

I place Daniel Bryan safely ahead Rollins in the ring or on the mic. He never feels like he's playing a role to me, it's all very organic and believable. Their face runs aren't even comparable. And I'll take Bryan as a heel in ROH or as the Planet's Champion over any incarnation of Seth.

Drew McIntyre, I wouldn't say he's as good in the ring as Rollins, but once more, he doesn't come across as forced as Rollins.

I guess that is my biggest negative for Rollins. You find him versatile and well rounded, and I really don't. I am a big fan of him and think he catches way more shit than is justified, but I can't deny that on the mic, I've often felt he falls short of what you expect from top stars. Even now with possibly the best gimmick of his career, his promos are hit and miss. Probably the best thing about his promos in the past several months are the facials and reactions he's provided when trying to destroy people's eyes. :lol I guess I could say the same for his feud with Brock. The best thing he did outside of his wrestling was bumping his ass off in the brawls he had with Brock. I know all that sounds fairly negative but it really isn't meant to. I just find him average, maybe even slightly below average with a mic in his hand.
Yeah we'll just have to disagree on this one. I thought the Planet's Champion felt incredibly forced and boring. Whereas I have found pretty much all versions of Seth other than company face Seth to be great. I think people underrated his ability on the mic because the failed face run still lingers in their minds.

Maybe I've missed the bad Seth episodes with the new gimmick because whenever I've watched I've found it easily to be the most enjoyable part of RAW.

I'm a sucker for 'different' and interesting gimmicks which probably makes me like the new Seth gimmick more than most. I'm a big fan of things like The Fiend, Kevin Owens (being a fat fuck really makes me find him so much more interesting), Dexter Lumis in NXT, MJF etc. Guys that stand out.

I'm less of a fan of guys like D-Bry and Rey Mysterio on the mic because they're not... gripping. Maybe I'm just biased against the underdog style of gimmick.

[I should add that I do think D-Bry is one of the best in the world; I just think he's not in the discussion for the best.

Ace

Reaction score
[I should add that I do think D-Bry is one of the best in the world; I just think he's not in the discussion for the best.]

^Maybe that should have been my unpopular opinion all along, lol.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Never thought I would ever read that Bliss was underrated.

I think he meant more towards her being more than just good on the mic and a good character. People seem to think that’s all she is, when she’s improved so much in the ring over the last few years. Even as a Bliss fan, I can admit she at one point was not that good ring wise. But working with people who’s great, and getting in some training has helped a ton. People do underrate her when it comes to ring work from I’ve personally seen.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Medusa was one of the finest managers of her era (male or other wise) and of course she was the real first Lady of WCW! :p

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Baron Corbin isn’t as bad as people say he is, I feel the same way about Jinder Mahal.

Reactions: Cwalker and Chris