Your thoughts on Roman Reigns?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I like him. I unfortunately see him ending up as another Diesel/Lex Luger, but I'm at least willing to give him a chance before I dump on him completely. He's over, his merch is doing real well, he's got the crowd's support, he's young, hungry and eager to improve, he isn't bad in the ring, etc. His mediocre verbal skills are his only big flaw, but that can easily be masked by not booking him to go out there and cut lengthy promos, at least not until he improves in that area.

They're kinda rushing him to the top a bit but sometimes you gotta take a chance. Not everyone has to languish in the middle of the card for a set amount of time before being pushed to the top. There's no set formula for someone becoming a main event star. Batista was a midcarder doing nothing in Evolution and it was only four months after they began teasing tension between he and HHH that he became a main event star for life. Putting the title on Goldberg less than a full year after he debuted didn't exactly do him any harm. Nothing says that magic can't happen with Reigns by having him go over Lesnar.

And to be fair, who else would be a better choice to defeat Brock? Bryan likely won't be back in time, Ziggler is never gonna be that guy, Rollins is a heel, Ambrose has still yet to win a single noteworthy match and isn't anymore popular Reigns at the moment, Orton is already a huge star with numerous accolades to his name and doesn't need a big one of this kind, lol @ Ryback, Punk just signed with UFC and isn't coming back anytime soon, etc.
Maybe so, but the Reigns/Lesnar feud is going to be all time awful.
The only thing really bridging the gap between Lesnar and Reigns is the fact that Rollins is now aligned with Paul Heyman.
Involving Rollins in that feud brings additional heat and stacks the odds against Roman Reigns.

Once Reigns pins Lesnar, Rollins (the opportunist he is) will seize whatever opportunity arises at that point.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Maybe so, but the Reigns/Lesnar feud is going to be all time awful.
The only thing really bridging the gap between Lesnar and Reigns is the fact that Rollins is now aligned with Paul Heyman.
Involving Rollins in that feud brings additional heat and stacks the odds against Roman Reigns.

Once Reigns pins Lesnar, Rollins (the opportunist he is) will seize whatever opportunity arises at that point.

Exactly, Reigns vs Lesnar has clusterfuck written all over it. Not to mention how awful the feud is gonna be, I assume Bork's gonna be rather absent, just like this year during his feud with Undertaker, which was horrific.

There's the Rollins factor, as well, who has aligned with Heyman. So, Reigns can go on and defeat Lesnar, as long as Rollins cashes in on him that night. Said this for a bazillionth time, here's to hoping it comes true!

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Hopefully the actual match will be better than Lesnar v Goldberg at WM 20, before Lesnar skipped out the last time.
I could say Reigns isn't Goldberg and the situation is entirely different... but I won't.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I've said it once and I'll say it again.

Reigns has great potential and could be as big as Cena/Hogan/Rock/Austin. That's a long shot, sure, but it's a long shot for anybody, which is why there are only four names on that list (and, if pressed, I'd take off Rocky and keep Austin).

I worry about him getting to the mountaintop too fast and fizzling out or the fans turning on him and that killing him in the business.

wk

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Hopefully the actual match will be better than Lesnar v Goldberg at WM 20, before Lesnar skipped out the last time.
I could say Reigns isn't Goldberg and the situation is entirely different... but I won't.

Reigns is a wrestling God compared to Goldberg. lol

But yeah, let's hope for the best and expect the worst.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I don't. I'd love the fans to shank his career. There's nothing like a train wreck that you're not involved in.
Seeing the ring filled with garbage because Roman Reigns is a bag of feces, would do my heart well.

• Haha
Reactions: Prince Bálor

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I believe he has potential to be a big star. He has a great look and intense feeling to him. First he needs to work on his mic skills then his ring work. They shouldn't rush him either, or else he'll just die out before he could shine if he improves.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I believe he has potential to be a big star. He has a great look and intense feeling to him. First he needs to work on his mic skills then his ring work. They shouldn't rush him either, or else he'll just die out before he could shine if he improves.

Yeah, exactly. But I have a feeling they'll mess up his big push just like they did with Ryback.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
While I do think Reigns is overshadowed By Rollambrose, he ain't bad. If the Ultimate warrior did well by rambling on the mic and sucking in the ring, then anything is possible. And he can actually put some good matches when showcasing his legit athleticism.

Though I won't even dare challenge my imagination as to how his promos would be had he NOT taken acting lessons:george:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Not being to cut promos is excusable if you can wrestle. Which Brock can, and Roman can't

But, Reigns is a wrestling God. I mean, when he defeated CM Punk last year, he instantly became the new Best In The Wooooooooorrrllld.

:smug:

• Haha
Reactions: Heyman guy

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Not being to cut promos is excusable if you can wrestle. Which Brock can, and Roman can't
I'm not sure you understand what wrestling is. Reigns clearly can wrestle you insufferable blueberry. Let me guess, you are one of those ROH workrate fanboys? kick rocks

• Haha
Reactions: Trip in the Head
Status
Not open for further replies.