XenForo 1.2 and fixing bugs

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I am, but we're using a different plugin that handles those things differently, and it's more complicated than the previous plugin.
I can add the buttons to let you reply and like statuses, but showing how many likes/replies a status has will be added as soon I understand it better.
Cool, I was just checking. No need to harp on you guys if it's already being looked at. Happy coding.

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
Recent statuses features added. I've only tried it in Chrome, so report any bugs/design errors if you find any.
This will display the 7 most recent comments, rather than the X earliest like the last plugin did. I'm also going to add username styling to comments, but it wasn't working when I was trying it and skipped over it for now.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Recent statuses features added. I've only tried it in Chrome, so report any bugs/design errors if you find any.
This will display the 7 most recent comments, rather than the X earliest like the last plugin did. I'm also going to add username styling to comments, but it wasn't working when I was trying it and skipped over it for now.

Good deal; looks nice. Speaking of statuses though and the plugins you're talking about, will we be able to click to easily view and comment on someone's status without having to click through to the person's profile to read comments, etc.?

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
Good deal; looks nice. Speaking of statuses though and the plugins you're talking about, will we be able to click to easily view and comment on someone's status without having to click through to the person's profile to read comments, etc.?

You can comment on recent statuses with the "Reply" button. Is that what you meant? Also, comments can be viewed by clicking on the comments button, but it will only show a limited amount.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Not sure if it's just my phone, but the mobile theme is constantly zoomed out on my phone. Makes for tedious viewing.

I had that issue Sunday on mine. Also had profiles and statuses looking all weird and stretched down the page (like one letter per line on comments). Just checked again though, and everything looks fine now from what I can tell. Hopefully yours is fixed, too.

Reactions: Crayo

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
You can comment on recent statuses with the "Reply" button. Is that what you meant? Also, comments can be viewed by clicking on the comments button, but it will only show a limited amount.

Much better. Working for me now; thanks!

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Does anyone else think the whole site looks super ugly now? I'm tempted to start using the mobile style on my desktop.

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
Does anyone else think the whole site looks super ugly now? I'm tempted to start using the mobile style on my desktop.

We appreciate you taking the time to give us that extensive review on the faults and things you dislike. We'll be sure to add "Super Ugly - fix, urgent" onto the to-do list of things to do.

Reactions: Crayo

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score

It took a little getting use to, but that's true of any changes for most people. Seems fine to me now. Not 100% on board with the backgrounds, but that's about it. Using the WrestleMania one now myself which seems to be the best one for me so far from the physical aesthetics standpoint. Admittedly it's not as if much of the background is visible anyway so not a big deal. I'm not sure which aspects of it you think are ugly though, so I can't speak to those. Like I said, took a little getting use to, but they've tweaked it and done more with it. Looks great now and seems to work fine and run smoothly. (*cough* Except for SPOILERS. *cough*) So I'd suggest maybe give it some time and try to get use to it before writing it off and deciding to just use the mobile theme.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
It took a little getting use to, but that's true of any changes for most people. Seems fine to me now. Not 100% on board with the backgrounds, but that's about it. Using the WrestleMania one now myself which seems to be the best one for me so far from the physical aesthetics standpoint. Admittedly it's not as if much of the background is visible anyway so not a big deal. I'm not sure which aspects of it you think are ugly though, so I can't speak to those. Like I said, took a little getting use to, but they've tweaked it and done more with it. Looks great now and seems to work fine and run smoothly. (*cough* Except for SPOILERS. *cough*) So I'd suggest maybe give it some time and try to get use to it before writing it off and deciding to just use the mobile theme.
I like the RAW background. Since most of it is not visible the color in that one works well on the borders of the main page.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I like the RAW background. Since most of it is not visible the color in that one works well on the borders of the main page.

Ooh, didn't try that one yet I don't think. I'll check it out. Tried the one of the wrestlers / roster images, but didn't like having Cena stare at me, haha.

Reactions: Trip in the Head