• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
WrestleMania was special 22 years before that homie. It'll be special for many years after it. I think a MITB match could be better than GM wars, but we're seeing GM Wars either way so I'm not going to freak out about MITB. I'll see three of them this year, that's more than enough for me.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
WrestleMania was special 22 years before that homie. It'll be special for many years after it. I think a MITB match could be better than GM wars, but we're seeing GM Wars either way so I'm not going to freak out about MITB. I'll see three of them this year, that's more than enough for me.

Sorry homie but you didn't read correctly. I said the MITB match is ONE OF THE THINGS that makes WrestleMania special. Eh whatever I guess there's no point in crying over it. And back to the three of them this year, that's why it needs to be at 'Mania only.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I can agree with that at least. If there weren't a PPV, plus another in the year, I might be angered, and it might be better with just one match at Mania but that isn't the hand we're being dealt. Sometimes it's better not to bitch at WWE and just learn to like what they're doing.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
That might be the funniest post I've ever read.
Why? It's important to try and remain optimistic and positive about everything in wrestling. Remember, its out of your control, so why fret about it?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Why? It's important to try and remain optimistic and positive about everything in wrestling. Remember, its out of your control, so why fret about it?

Are you serious? Just because it's out of my control means I have to like it. I think that what there doing is not the right move to make. I can't force myself to like it. I would have rather seen Cody Rhodes vs Dustin Rhodes (not goldust) at WrestleMania. It would have been a really good match. WWE set up the feud months ago but just did away with it as usual. Apparently Dustin doesn't care that Cody kicked him in the face and bragged about being better than Dusty. Now we're stuck seeing Cody Rhodes vs The Big Show which will end by Cody winning and proving that big show is a choke artist at WrestleMania. It's going to do nothing for either man. So no I'm not just going to learn to like it when I don't.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Now we're stuck seeing Cody Rhodes vs The Big Show which will end by Cody winning and proving that big show is a choke artist at WrestleMania. It's going to do nothing for either man. So no I'm not just going to learn to like it when I don't.
Disregarding the rest of your post, I fail to see how beating an athlete the size of Big Show will do nothing for Cody. IF he wins (because I still worry about WWE doing something really foolish like letting Show go over to make the fans happy after Cody riding him for a couple of months) it will certainly be a big notch in his belt.

Oh, and you don't HAVE to like it because its out of your control, but what's the point in NOT liking it? Does it make you feel better to carry such rage over something as trivial as wrestling? Jesus son, save your anger for overfishing and the potential for a US President who thinks women shouldn't be allowed to have abortions even if they're raped.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
lol, put your tampon in Vips, he was just asking you a question. I swear you bitch more than my girlfriend sometime. The difference is I know how to shut her up, you I just try to overlook sometimes, but no avail. Anyways, if you sniffle all Mania long because Cody is facing an active wrestler as opposed to one who is semi-retired, please don't let me get in the way. I'm going to enjoy all of WrestleMania because I love wrestling and when it goes off I'm going to enjoy a nice afterpary because I love drinking. I don't see why I should continue to reason with you or argue any of my points. I love wrestling, and I enjoy it, and that's why I'm not complaining about this WrestleMania.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I love wrestling to. No trust me if you lived in my house you'd see how much I love it. And the fact that I love it makes me even madder when WWE does something stupid.

And Fuji, the fact that Dustin is semi retired makes it even better. He can say well fine Cody we'll see. I can put on the boots one more time so you can prove that your better than me.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I love wrestling to. No trust me if you lived in my house you'd see how much I love it. And the fact that I love it makes me even madder when WWE does something stupid.

And Fuji, the fact that Dustin is semi retired makes it even better. He can say well fine Cody we'll see. I can put on the boots one more time so you can prove that your better than me.

If you love it, there's no reason to hold a grudge when things don't go your way, that's what love is all about.

While I wouldn't have minded seeing Cody/Goldust (because lets be realistic here, there's as much a chance of him being plain old Dustin for the match as there is him being Seven) I don't have a problem with Cody/Show at all. I love big man/little man matches and it will be a nice little affair that hopefully ends with Rhodes looking good on the biggest stage of them all. Plus you can't argue that he'll have quite a lot to gloat about, having beaten both Rey Mysterio and Big Show at consecutive 'Mania's. Those are two future WWE Hall of Famer's right there.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
The WWE did something you consider stupid. But they're still going to sell tickets so obviously the 75,000 people, or more, that are going to flock into Miami didn't think it was THAT stupid. When everyone in Sun Life Stadium are tearing Cody down and booing him non-stop, the WWE won't think it's stupid. They're gonna think they just found a future top heel. Plus, it's arguable that he's going to have a better match with Show than he will Goldust. Dustin isn't a great wrestler, and while Show isn't either, he's at least been wrestling and will be free of ring rust, and we know he'll give it his all. So he has the benefit of being the bigger draw, the fresher wrestler, and potentially the better wrestler.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
If you love it, there's no reason to hold a grudge when things don't go your way, that's what love is all about.

While I wouldn't have minded seeing Cody/Goldust (because lets be realistic here, there's as much a chance of him being plain old Dustin for the match as there is him being Seven) I don't have a problem with Cody/Show at all. I love big man/little man matches and it will be a nice little affair that hopefully ends with Rhodes looking good on the biggest stage of them all. Plus you can't argue that he'll have quite a lot to gloat about, having beaten both Rey Mysterio and Big Show at consecutive 'Mania's. Those are two future WWE Hall of Famer's right there.

Yes because beating Big Show at WrestleMania is such a great accomplishment. Nowadays an IC Title match at WrestleMania is a rarity so I want to see it be contested by two intercontinental title wrestlers like Cody and Dustin. Not big show who's competed for the world title for 8 months. And I get mad because I want the WWE to be the best it can be. Look at all the talent they have. When they misuse them it's just not fair. I can't help getting mad when WWE just screws up the most easy shit. A Cody/Dustin would be so easy to write a non wrestling fan could do it. It would be a good match and the fans would be emotionally invested. You can tell the fans don't care about big show vs Cody Rhodes. So it's just really annoying.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The WWE did something you consider stupid. But they're still going to sell tickets so obviously the 75,000 people, or more, that are going to flock into Miami didn't think it was THAT stupid. When everyone in Sun Life Stadium are tearing Cody down and booing him non-stop, the WWE won't think it's stupid. They're gonna think they just found a future top heel. Plus, it's arguable that he's going to have a better match with Show than he will Goldust. Dustin isn't a great wrestler, and while Show isn't either, he's at least been wrestling and will be free of ring rust, and we know he'll give it his all. So he has the benefit of being the bigger draw, the fresher wrestler, and potentially the better wrestler.

Sorry about the double post.

The WWE fans are coming to Miami to see John Cena vs The Rock not Cody Rhodes vs The Big Show

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yes because beating Big Show at WrestleMania is such a great accomplishment. Nowadays an IC Title match at WrestleMania is a rarity so I want to see it be contested by two intercontinental title wrestlers like Cody and Dustin. Not big show who's competed for the world title for 8 months. And I get mad because I want the WWE to be the best it can be. Look at all the talent they have. When they misuse them it's just not fair. I can't help getting mad when WWE just screws up the most easy shit. A Cody/Dustin would be so easy to write a non wrestling fan could do it. It would be a good match and the fans would be emotionally invested. You can tell the fans don't care about big show vs Cody Rhodes. So it's just really annoying.
Outside of EC's point that Show is the better wrestler (its true, don't bother arguing) the one thing that Show/Rhodes has going for it is its unpredictability. You say a non-wrestling fan can write Cody/Dustin? I say you're wrong, because at least half of them would probably put Dustin over like morons who don't understand how wrestling works. IF Cody/Dustin was to go off it would be almost as predictable an outcome as HHH/Taker is, and really, who wants predictability with their wrestling?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Glad you at least countered all my points, I'm sure you had sensible arguments for each of them but just overlooked it, but anyways...

You clearly don't understand what WWE is thinking here from a business perspective. Their fans are more connected to The Big Show, and more familiar with him, so putting him against Cody was a no-brainer. It means more to the fans to see him against Show than it would be to see him against Goldust, who some of them have probably already forgotten about since his last Smackdown appearance, because he's not that important. No matter how much you like Goldust or anyone else, it's not your place to say who WWE is misusing or how they're misusing them because you've never been on the other side of a booking sheet. They're experts and they do what they do for a reason. I hate to see Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks forced to compete on NXT on a weekly basis, I especially hate to see Alex Riley on there, but when you don't have anything for somebody, there's nothing you can do about it. When there's an opening, they'll fill it and someone will be pushed. If they're released, it's all the better because then I get to see them on Impact Wrestling or ROH or in England (most likely), so it's whatever. I'm glad Bryan's getting pushed, I'm glad Punk's getting pushed, I'm glad Ziggler is on the up and up and I'm not acting like a bitch about wrestling.