• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Outside of EC's point that Show is the better wrestler (its true, don't bother arguing) the one thing that Show/Rhodes has going for it is its unpredictability. You say a non-wrestling fan can write Cody/Dustin? I say you're wrong, because at least half of them would probably put Dustin over like morons who don't understand how wrestling works. IF Cody/Dustin was to go off it would be almost as predictable an outcome as HHH/Taker is, and really, who wants predictability with their wrestling?

Cody/Show is unpredictable. I don't know what world your living in. Big Show may be a better wrestler but it doesn't matter. It infuriates fans when young guys like Cody Rhodes think their better than their family. They would be anxious to see if he can prove it or not. They don't care about seeing if big show chokes again at WrestleMania or not. And Goldust actually got a lot better in the ring starting in 2009. So the match would be good.

Glad you at least countered all my points, I'm sure you had sensible arguments for each of them but just overlooked it, but anyways...

You clearly don't understand what WWE is thinking here from a business perspective. Their fans are more connected to The Big Show, and more familiar with him, so putting him against Cody was a no-brainer. It means more to the fans to see him against Show than it would be to see him against Goldust, who some of them have probably already forgotten about since his last Smackdown appearance, because he's not that important. No matter how much you like Goldust or anyone else, it's not your place to say who WWE is misusing or how they're misusing them because you've never been on the other side of a booking sheet. They're experts and they do what they do for a reason. I hate to see Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks forced to compete on NXT on a weekly basis, I especially hate to see Alex Riley on there, but when you don't have anything for somebody, there's nothing you can do about it. When there's an opening, they'll fill it and someone will be pushed. If they're released, it's all the better because then I get to see them on Impact Wrestling or ROH or in England (most likely), so it's whatever. I'm glad Bryan's getting pushed, I'm glad Punk's getting pushed, I'm glad Ziggler is on the up and up and I'm not acting like a bitch about wrestling.

Did you actually say "if they don't have something for somebody" how does that counteract the Dustin/Cody or Cody/Show argument.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Once you again you skip over about five points to one you think you have an argument against so... bitchboy, I said it to make a point that WWE don't 'misuse' people as you claim they do, they simply don't use some people period because there's no enough room in their programming, low and behold, here comes WWE Network to the save. Maybe Goldust will get a show on there and you can stop crying about shit. What a glorious day that would be.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
First of all, I'm glad you can speak on behalf of all the wrestling fans out there. I'm sure they'd be happy to know you're putting words in their mouths for them.

Here's another thing you may have overlooked son. Big Show has been working for most of the year, and deserves (because I know you LOVE that word) a WM payday. This ensures he gets it. I already said I wouldn't have minded Goldust/Cody, but the fact that you think Big Show is a poor substitute is pretty weak on your part.

Oh and finally, lulz at Goldust 2009. The last time Dustin Rhodes worked great in-ring he was tagging with Steamboat, Sting and Windham against the Dangerous Alliance.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Once you again you skip over about five points to one you think you have an argument against so... bitchboy, I said it to make a point that WWE don't 'misuse' people as you claim they do, they simply don't use some people period because there's no enough room in their programming, low and behold, here comes WWE Network to the save. Maybe Goldust will get a show on there and you can stop crying about shit. What a glorious day that would be.

This is the exact reason I joined this site. I love this discussion.

I didn't say give Dustin a fucking show. I said a match against Cody. Even if it's his last match, I'd be fine with that. It'd be better than Cody/Show. And when I say WWE misuses there talent. I don't mean every superstar that's not on raw or smackdown. Hawkins and Reks are comfortable on NXT. you can't tell me that WWE is using Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler correctly

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I disagree about Dust he has been pretty solid in the ring for a lot of years sir...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
First of all, I'm glad you can speak on behalf of all the wrestling fans out there. I'm sure they'd be happy to know you're putting words in their mouths for them.

Here's another thing you may have overlooked son. Big Show has been working for most of the year, and deserves (because I know you LOVE that word) a WM payday. This ensures he gets it. I already said I wouldn't have minded Goldust/Cody, but the fact that you think Big Show is a poor substitute is pretty weak on your part.

Oh and finally, lulz at Goldust 2009. The last time Dustin Rhodes worked great in-ring he was tagging with Steamboat, Sting and Windham against the Dangerous Alliance.

He's not a terrible substitute no. But Cody/Dustin would have made a much better story and match than what's happening right now. And if you thought that Goldust vs Ted dibiase was a bad match then sorry.

I disagree about Dust he has been pretty solid in the ring for a lot of years sir...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Thank you

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Speaking as a huge Dustin Rhodes fan simply because of his ability to make Goldust work as well as he does, I've never thought of him as more than a slightly above average in-ring guy. That in no way diminishes his ability to entertain, as he's proven, but I believe his best work was done back in the early 90's in WCW.

ViperRKO said:
He's not a terrible substitute no. But Cody/Dustin would have made a much better story and match than what's happening right now. And if you thought that Goldust vs Ted dibiase was a bad match then sorry.
Maybe it would have made a better story but I still think the build to Rhodes/Show has been entertaining, and that's all I ask for these days.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Speaking as a huge Dustin Rhodes fan simply because of his ability to make Goldust work as well as he does, I've never thought of him as more than a slightly above average in-ring guy. That in no way diminishes his ability to entertain, as he's proven, but I believe his best work was done back in the early 90's in WCW.

You just pretty much agreed with me. I said Cody vs Dustin would be entertaining. Why have you been fighting me if you just agreed.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
This is the exact reason I joined this site. I love this discussion.

I didn't say give Dustin a fucking show. I said a match against Cody. Even if it's his last match, I'd be fine with that. It'd be better than Cody/Show. And when I say WWE misuses there talent. I don't mean every superstar that's not on raw or smackdown. Hawkins and Reks are comfortable on NXT. you can't tell me that WWE is using Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler correctly

I already told you like ten times why it wouldn't be a 'better' match. But better is relative. What's better to you, isn't better to me. Unfortunately your grasp on relatively is so far set apart from everyone else's that still, you're the only one who think Goldust would put on a better match than Big Show against Cody Rhodes. Not to mention, as Fuji said, Big Show deserves a Mania paycheck for a year worth of work. Goldust doesn't deserve to make dozens of thousands at Mania when he appeared like three times this year. And I can say that Ziggler is being used right. He's gotten two WWE title shots. Drew.. I don't care about quite frankly. So what if he lost to Khali, he beat Hornswaggle at least, that's more than Chavo Guerrero could say. Drew isn't remarkable, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind him getting pushed. He COULD be used better, but only when ROOM ON THE CARD CLEARS UP... It's almost like I just said that two posts ago. Weird how that works. Drew isn't getting time because he's not going to be on the card for WrestleMania, and he's not going to be on the card for WrestleMania because right now, very few people are interested in seeing him on that card.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
You just pretty much agreed with me. I said Cody vs Dustin would be entertaining. Why have you been fighting me if you just agreed.
If you'll go back a little bit you'll see that more than once I said I would have had no problem with Cody/Dustin. I'm simply arguing that there's no reason for you to be upset with the alternative, which you basically just admitted to in your previous post.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
If you'll go back a little bit you'll see that more than once I said I would have had no problem with Cody/Dustin. I'm simply arguing that there's no reason for you to be upset with the alternative, which you basically just admitted to in your previous post.

So this conversation was pretty much pointless since we both agree with each other. Don't you love how things work out.

Starlight

Am I hearing correctly No Money in the bank this year? I would hope that they would add that in somehow..afterall who doesnt love a collision of ladders,tablers,and the whole kitchen sink at its best??

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So this conversation was pretty much pointless since we both agree with each other. Don't you love how things work out.
Sure, and by the way, I'll bet you enjoy Cody/Big Show at 'Mania and have good things to say about it the next day or during the LD.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Sure, and by the way, I'll bet you enjoy Cody/Big Show at 'Mania and have good things to say about it the next day or during the LD.

Doesn't take away from the fact that I would have prefered Cody/Dustin.

Starlight

^^Hey Fuji love your Otunga in your sig. it's awesome like you =P just to let you know mmkay?