• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Snooki could work a mic if she had to. If Zack Ryder ever turns heel, she could be his Vickie Guerrero.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
At least this Divas tag won't be a 10 person clusterfuck like Mania 26.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It just makes me sad to think that due to all the injurys and setbacks, WrestleMania turned from what could have been the greatest card in history to a lackluster card with the fans really only caring about the top four matches.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Divas match won't be anything special, but they have to get it in there. Team Long vs Team Laurinitis should be an awesome match. Is it elimination or hasn't it been announced yet?

The Viper

Reaction score
It just makes me sad to think that due to all the injurys and setbacks, WrestleMania turned from what could have been the greatest card in history to a lackluster card with the fans really only caring about the top four matches.

What changed from the original card? Its still the same. The fans always cared about the top 4 matches.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
What changed from the original card? Its still the same. The fans always cared about the top 4 matches.

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio
Kharma vs Beth Phoenix
Kane vs Mark Henry
Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus vs Randy Orton
MITB Ladder match

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
That wasn't the original card, just a dream card from some people.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
How? Please share with us so we can bask in your knowledge.

Fine with me.

We had a thread about the MITB match. The reason wwe scrapped it was because of Wade's injury. The plan was to have him win and carry the briefcase. We had a thread about it. WWE wanted to break the record for the most masks worn in one place so sin cara vs Rey Mysterio was the plan. It was a dream match that wwe had planned ever since sin cara debuted. They had every intention to do it. Kharma got pregnant forcing her to leave before her wwe career kicked off. She hasn't recovered from losing her baby yet so the match can't take place. It was a dream match and wwe was aware of that so that was the plan. Wwe's creative were to have Mark Henry turn babyface and have him face Kane at WrestleMania but Mark refused to turn so they couldn't do it. That's part of the reason why Henry has been derailed as of late. Obviously WWE wasn't planning on taking Orton out of the chamber match. If he had been in it then he would have most likely been added to the WHC match at WrestleMania.

The Viper

Reaction score
Fine with me.

We had a thread about the MITB match. The reason wwe scrapped it was because of Wade's injury. The plan was to have him win and carry the briefcase. We had a thread about it. WWE wanted to break the record for the most masks worn in one place so sin cara vs Rey Mysterio was the plan. It was a dream match that wwe had planned ever since sin cara debuted. They had every intention to do it. Kharma got pregnant forcing her to leave before her wwe career kicked off. She hasn't recovered from losing her baby yet so the match can't take place. It was a dream match and wwe was aware of that so that was the plan. Wwe's creative were to have Mark Henry turn babyface and have him face Kane at WrestleMania but Mark refused to turn so they couldn't do it. That's part of the reason why Henry has been derailed as of late. Obviously WWE wasn't planning on taking Orton out of the chamber match. If he had been it then he would have most likely been added to the WHC match at WrestleMania.

Those matches were never announced, though. Just talked about. Just a couple of weeks ago, I remember you praising the current card.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Those matches were never announced, though. Just talked about. Just a couple of weeks ago, I remember you praising the current card.

Don't argue with me about the info that I just provided. You know all of it is correct. As for me praising the current card, I don't hate it it's just not as good as it could have been

The Viper

Reaction score
Don't argue with me about the info that I just provided. You know all of it is correct. As for me praising the current card, I don't hate it it's just not as good as it could have been

To be fair, I can argue it if I want. And you originally said, "it WENT FROM BEING ONE OF THE BEST CARDS IN HISTORY....". How is that possible when none of that stuff was official? You're basing it off of the dirt sheets.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Rey vs. Cara is the only match I'm even going to pretend was going to be good off of that entire list. Plus, Orton vs. Kane is going to be twenty times better than Henry vs. Kane, if you don't believe me, just look at the match the two of them had right before Kane's injury. The diva's match was a downgrade, but that match you mentioned was never set in stone. Any dream of that was shot down over 10 months ago which means the WWE wouldn't have even been thinking about the Mania Diva's match by then. No need to even have a MITB at Mania either, even though I like MITB matches. There's a PPV dedicated to it, and if they're having one at SummerSlam, it should suffice.

So basically, I don't think many people really give two shits about this 'original card' you speak of. Be glad you're getting what you're getting, which is four awesome main event type matches, plus GM Wars, which isn't great, but decent enough.

AND what will still be one of, if not THE biggest Mania in history.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Rey vs. Cara is the only match I'm even going to pretend was going to be good off of that entire list. Plus, Orton vs. Kane is going to be twenty times better than Henry vs. Kane, if you don't believe me, just look at the match the two of them had right before Kane's injury. The diva's match was a downgrade, but that match you mentioned was never set in stone. Any dream of that was shot down over 10 months ago which means the WWE wouldn't have even been thinking about the Mania Diva's match by then. No need to even have a MITB at Mania either, even though I like MITB matches. There's a PPV dedicated to it, and if they're having one at SummerSlam, it should suffice.

So basically, I don't think many people really give two shits about this 'original card' you speak of. Be glad you're getting what you're getting, which is four awesome main event type matches, plus GM Wars, which isn't great, but decent enough.

AND what will still be one of, if not THE biggest Mania in history.

The MITB match was one of the things that made WrestleMania special. One winner a year on the grandest stage. I rather see that than GM wars.