• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
So I am the only one pulling for show here? It's twofold really. I am kind of a big show fan, plus I'd like to see Cody drafted to Raw and put in the main event picture. With punk holding the title I don't see nearly enough credible heels to keep Monday nights interesting.

The second part of that makes sense, but he doesn't need to lose to Show or lose the IC title period for that to happen. Although I would like to see him on Raw in a program with some of the top tier talent over there.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The second part of that makes sense, but he doesn't need to lose to Show or lose the IC title period for that to happen. Although I would like to see him on Raw in a program with some of the top tier talent over there.

If he faced top tier talent then wouldn't he need to lose the IC title first. I mean what, he's gonna pull an Ultimate Warrior

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I just said he didn't need to lose the IC Title. My 'however' portion was regarding just going to Raw.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well as of now the main focus is wrestlemania. So let's hope that Cody Rhodes continues his reign as champion while the big show suffers another wrestlemania lost

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
If WWE puts the title on big show, that'd be so stupid. He doesn't need it at this point. Cody needs it. After making fun of big shows WM record, he'd look even worse losing. I agree with you Professor, he needs to hold on to the strap for another six to seven months to make it look good again. Hell maybe he will break honky tonk man's record. I'd be ok with that he's the only one in WWE that could pull it off. If big show wins that will be just terrible.

Yeah the thing is that WWE won't put the U.S. Title on a main eventer like Jericho.

They sure as hell had no problem putting the IC title on him in 09.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ

W-olf

Reaction score
Technically they are but the way WWE treats the two, the IC Title is higher
I wouldn't go that far I would say its more who was pushed higher at the time I could easily show you ppv cards from WWE where the US Title was featured after the I.C. Title . And Also to just throw in it there I can you where the women's title trumped 6 of 8 matches on the card.

Proving my point is who is being pushed .

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far I would say its more who was pushed higher at the time I could easily show you ppv cards from WWE where the US Title was featured after the I.C. Title . And Also to just throw in it there I can you where the women's title trumped 6 of 8 matches on the card.

Proving my point is who is being pushed .

WWE always uses the women's match high on the card to give the fans a break before the main event. Here's how the last three matches of wrestlemania X8 went.

The Rock vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Jazz vs Trish Stratus vs Lita for the women's championship
Triple H vs Chris Jericho for the WWF Undisputed Championship

Obviously Trish Stratus vs Lita vs Jazz wasn't a bigger match than the rock vs hulk hogan. It was just a filler

W-olf

Reaction score
And?
This was about the IC and US title . If you spent this time on your btb Id have something to read lol .

But anyway I said my piece the US Title is as significant as the IC if not more be at times by its place on the card.
and this is from 2011 not 2008.
Dark Daniel Bryan defeated Heath Slater[12] Singles match 5:13
1 Air Boom (Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne) (c) defeated Awesome Truth (The Miz and R-Truth) via disqualification[13] Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship 10:55
2 Cody Rhodes (c) defeated Ted DiBiase[14] Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship 9:45
3 Dolph Ziggler (with Vickie Guerrero) (c) defeated Jack Swagger, Alex Riley, and John Morrison[15] Fatal 4-Way match for the WWE United States Championship 8:05
4 Mark Henry defeated Randy Orton (c)[16] Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship 13:07
5 Kelly Kelly (c) (with Eve Torres) defeated Beth Phoenix (with Natalya)[17] Singles match for the WWE Divas Championship 9:28
6 John Cena defeated Alberto Del Rio (c) via submission[18] Singles match for the WWE Championship 17:32
7 Triple H defeated CM Punk[19] No Disqualification match; If CM Punk would have won, Triple H would have to resign as COO of WWE

W-olf

Reaction score
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

As noted earlier here on the website, The Undertaker underwent both shoulder and hip surgeries over the past year while away from WWE. He was estimated as being much lighter than he had been before when appearing on Raw two weeks ago (around the 275-280 pound range).

Discussion as to if this will be his last year remains up the air as WWE officials remain optimistic although how he holds up at Wrestlemania 28 will be a strong indication.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
As much as I have liked Undertaker throughout the years, he really needs to call it a career after this WM before he isn't able to walk or even move.