WWE UK

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shade

Reaction score
laFvP4j.png
WWE UK Brand updates
TALENT RELEASES CONFIRMED
leyla-hirsch.gif
With rumors still abound of the WWE United Kingdom Brand undergoing a restructuring. It seems that this overhaul has reached the WWE UK performance center. As we know that a series of departures has slowly taken place following the European title tournament. Several names included in these departures are individuals who actually competed as part of the tournament itself. This included Bobby Gunns, Emil Sitoci, John Klinger and Marius Al-Ani. While these four names may be surprising to some it was said that the group had long been on the bubble with the brand down to creative changes and also all four men being four of the more higher paid performance center recruits. Of the four we know that Emil Sitoci was in fact offered and refused a full time coaching role with the UK performance center, believing that he still had a lot left to offer in a full time role in the ring. Sitoci opted to instead accept his release and return to the independents. It's said that Bobby Gunns was someone who sadly fell far below expectations. As while there was never any denying Bobby Gunns' in ring abilities. It's said that Gunns' promo abilities were constantly brought into question and this led to several planned call ups being pushed back.

Marius Al-Ani meanwhile was someone who was said to be quite similar in some regards to Bobby Gunns. While seen as perhaps one of the best athletes that the UK performance center housed, Marius Al-Ani was again looked at as a weak promo who lacked the character and connection with the audience which others had. Many described the European Championship tournament as his last true shot to connect with the audiences. Unfortunately it was said that Marius' lackluster crowd reaction very much sealed his fate with the brand. "Bad Bones" John Klinger of the group is said to be the one most likely to be offered a return. Believed to be a someone who has been on the fringes of being called up a few times. John Klinger at one stage was tabbed to be the leader of a faction known as the soldiers of savagery which was to be comprised of Jason Primate, Wild Boar, Tyson T-Bone and Saxon Huxley. Unfortunately plans would eventually change with this stable and Klinger's creative. It is said though that the doors are open for a return in the future.

These wouldn't be the only veteran talent who have departed the UK performance center we know that Andy Wild, Jackie Polo and Warren Banks have also all finished up with the brand. Regarding this trio it is said that all three men are more than welcome back with the brand in the future but the reasons for their departures were strictly related to timing issues. Andy Wild in particular is someone who trainers felt quite strongly about in being a solid in ring hand while Warren Banks at one stage was rumored to be in line for a main show push. Unfortunately for Banks injuries cut shot this opportunity and with his career winding down Banks wished to return to the independents. Wild meanwhile was tabbed for a potential trio run with Jackie Polo and Kez Evans. Yet as we we'd find Polo personally in a similar fashion requested his release looking to return to the indies while Wild was a mutual decision with the promise of a return should a main show opportunity present itself. One other veteran talent who was nearly issued his release was Jody Fleisch. But after discussions about Fleisch and the respect and admiration held for him, a agent role has been offered to Fleisch instead.

The last two male departees that we know of are two of the more surprising departures as we know that Maggot and Slex have departed the UK performance center. The charismatic Maggot was long rumored to be a call up to the brand with some surprised he hadn't been apart of the European title tournament. It's said that while Maggot was a charismatic figure, some felt that based on his gimmick and presentation he had a short shelf life. This decision frequently led to potential call ups being held off on. In the case of Slex meanwhile was said to be harmed in some ways by a combination of the evolution of talent in the UK performance center. With an ever evolving roster it's said that Slex despite his ring work and impressive look was outshone on various aspects by numerous others. This made his call up become more and more unlikely with the brand opting to let him pursue alternate adventures.

Onto the women's side of the departures. We can confirm several releases some of which are considered to be quite surprising to those in the UK wrestling scene. It is said that these releases will not affect the planned British Bulldog tag team classic for the UK Brand's women as the majority of the tournament has already been filmed in secret ahead of time. The first woman who we know that is confirmed to be leaving the brand and perhaps one of if not the biggest surprise of the group is Gisele Shaw. While many tabbed Shaw as a surefire main event talent when she arrived on the UK Brand, we know that Gisele has personally requested her release in order to make the move to America. Despite being seen as a big loss to the brand, it was said that the brand and management believed if she would be happy elsewhere than they would grant her a release. In the case of Alex Windsor who like Shaw was tabbed as a future standout for the brand. With Windsor it was said to be a similar story to what happened with Slex, in that while Alex in her own right was an accomplished competitor. Because of the sheer depth of talent, Windsor had sadly become lost in the shuffle leading to her release.

A couple more of the bigger names from the UK women's scene who are also confirmed to be departing the brand include Alexxis Falcon, Dani Luna, Rhio and Taonga. While these names were said to be quite notable names across the UK scene. These four women for one reason or another couldn't stand out among the pack. It is said that of this group Dani Luna and Rhio would be the two most likely to be brought back in a notable role. The belief is with Luna that based on her age and inexperience she needs some time on the independents while in Rhio's case a return to the indies would help her further her character development. Another name whose age and inexperience is said to have played a part in her departure is Chantal Jordan. Believing that Chantal needed more time to find herself it's said that the door is very much open to her return. The remaining women released from their deals are Aliss Ink, Lena Kross, Leyla Hirsch, Lucia Lee and Mila Schmidt.

Of this group it is said that Leyla Hirsch is considered the most shocking departure. At one stage tabbed to be one of the potential top heels as part of the Red Devil team. It was said that Leyla Hirsch was sadly over shadowed by her stablemates. After a series of injuries further held her career back and the advancements made by her stablemates saw her take a back seat it is said that this departure while a shock to many was a surprise overall. Regarding the cuts of Aliss Ink, Lena Kross, Lucia Lee and Mila Schmidt. It is said that the group were all just deemed at this time to be unready and unprepared for the WWE UK performance center. The doors are said to be open for these four talents in particular Lucia Lee and Mila Scmidt both of whom are young in their careers and will have plenty of time to make improvements.
NEW PERFORMANCE CENTER ADDITIONS
oro-mensah-smile.gif
With this overhaul however and departures we know that the expansion of WWE UK is continuing. As it has been noted that agents and scouts have travelled across Europe looking to further broaden the WWE UK's horizons. We can now confirm a series of new additions have been confirmed today as the next WWE UK performance center class. The first name revealed is one fans will have seen as part of the European title tournament this being Oro Mensah. Believed to have earned himself a few friends in the back thanks to his talent and attitude. Mensah while the first name announced is said to have been the last of the group signed as a ringing endorsement by Gunther is said to have been the tipping point. Mensah will not be the only man fans are familiar with as we can confirm that Joel Redman and Iestyn Rees are returning to WWE UK. Redman and Rees were both early WWE UK roster members. While these two men were not aligned previously we know that they will be returning to the WWE UK brand as a tag team.

Perhaps the biggest name addition of these new arrivals is women's wrestling standout Ava Everett. The American who has dubbed herself the Y2Cutie has recently been on excursion with WXW in Germany and it was here that scouts first caught glimpse of her leading to this deal. Another woman joining her from WXW is Regina Rosenthal. The powerhouse is believed to have wowed agents with her in ring abilities and with her look, it was said that she was a no brainer selection for this next class. The same was said London wrestler Levi Muir, Australia's Delta and Belgium's Mike D. Vecchio. These three powerhouses were all described as three of the more physically imposing individuals that WWE UK has signed. The hopes are with the UK performance center's coaching that the trio will further develop their in ring skills. Two young prospects also looking to be further developed in the PC are that of Tom Billington and Mark Billington AKA the Billington Bulldogs. Nephews of the legendary Dynamite Kid, the Billington Bulldogs will unite with their cousin Harry Smith as part of WWE UK.

Another tag team set to join WWE UK in the near future are the pairing of Icarus and Dover aka the Arrows of Hungary. With Icarus recently impressing as part of the European title tournament also. It is said that this duo were personally recommended to the agents by Alexander Wolfe who believed that they would make an excellent fit for the Tag Team Division. Young standout Amira Blair from Ireland is the next recruit as the young valet from Ireland looks to step into the ring. The final two additions are Maria De La Rosa and Jack Morris. The former football player Morris was said to have impressed on a couple of dark matches and tryouts which led to his signing while in the case of Maria De La Rosa she was believed to have been highly recommended by her fellow Countrymen of Team White Wolf.
NEW ROSTER ADDITIONS
tumblr_ppikfxagCN1rmv1vdo3_500.gif
In an update following the WWE European Championship tournament. We can confirm that as of today there will be a a series of new arrivals onto WWE UK TV. As announced on the final night of the tournament, two contracts had been issued to both Michael Oku and Cara Noir. We can now officially confirm that both men have signed with the WWE United Kingdom Brand and both men will be set to make their official debuts as members of the brands in the coming weeks. The third name we can confirm now to have been offered and accepted is by Angelico. The South African standout greatly impressed fans, wrestlers and management alike with his impressive showing through the tournament and his spirited effort against the eventual winner Gunther. Of course with his tournament victory we know as well that from this point onwards Gunther shall be competing apart of WWE UK Brand. We can also confirm that from this point onwards the WWE European Championship will be apart of the WWE UK Brand and will be defended by it's champion Gunther!
NEW PARTNERSHIP FORMED
BCVhFdl3_400x400.jpg
Continuing on the story of the exciting new developments with the WWE UK brand. We can confirm now as part of the brands' overhaul and rebranding that a new relationship has been formed by the brand. Having already established relationships with the other WWE developmental brands in America, Mexico, Japan and India as well as building relationships with promotions throughout Europe including ICW, WXW and Progress while also cultivating relationships in Australia and New Zealand with several promotions. We know now that a partnership has been formed with WWE Hall of Famer Booker T's Reality of Wrestling promotion. Seen as a top developmental facility for talents under the watchful eyes of Booker T. There is already talk of a talent exchange between the two promotions with Hyan heading to WWE UK. Some names from ROW who could potentially head to the WWE UK promotion for further development include Raychelle Rose, Roxanne Perez (Formerly Rox-C but renamed Roxanne Perez with her WWE signing), Bryan Keith, Will Allday, Alex Gracia, Madi Wrenkowski, Vertvixen, AQA, Danny Limelight, Cameron Cole and Janai Kai. We can also confirm that currently former WWE UK Champion Fabian Aichner is set to head to ROW for an extended tour with the promotion.

Last edited:

DTP

Reaction score
WWE European Championship Tournament: Night 4 - May 26, 2020:

Interesting creative liberty to have Bring Me The Horizion release "Obey" five months early to be the theme song, hehe.

I can't actually remember too much from the last time I left feedback, beyond this tournament has been an impressively amassed assembly of talent. You've done wonders formulating a universe where not only the United Kingdom brand is given true justice; but also one where COVID-19 never actually happens. I'm excited to see where we go once the WWE European Championship Tournament is out of the way, admittedly. I'd like to see us kick things into the next gear.

I was surprised to see Angelico go over Michael Oku, but then again, Oku is still a new face at this point in time. Oku will always have time to shine down the line. That said, I don't see Angelico winning the tournament.

God, the size advantage Rusev would have over Ilja Dragunov would be crazy. I think I mentioned it last time, but what a dynamic these two would have, with their styles considered. Dragunov is my pick to win the WWE European Championship, or at least make it to the finals. I was surprised to see him go over Rusev, but I could visualise it.

Cara Noir moving on past Dominik Dijakovic has to be considered another upset. I can't say I've seen enough Noir to really have much judgment on his chances of winning, but it would certainly be a pantomimically fitting decision given what I know about Noir's theatrical side.

With no further context, it is without a doubt GUNTHER and Cesaro would tear the absolute house down against each other. This write-up was perfect for what was needed, and if there was anything negative to say about this segment, it's got to be that it isn't the finals - or even the semi-finals. I am sad to see Cesaro eliminated, but GUNTHER is in position to win, or at least meet Ilja Dragunov in the finals.

Wow, okay, Angelico going to the finals is a crazy direction to take. Was Ilja Dragunov against GUNTHER too easy to figure as a strong enough finals for the WWE European Championship? As stunned as I am, I've always been a fond viewer of Angelico's, so I'm all about his continuation in this tournament.

Cara Noir going down to GUNTHER just made sense, reallly. It read like Noir put up a fight, but much like Cesaro, I think there was only one real way to go - and that was with GUNTHER at the helm, given he's been such a prominent figure since coming into the company.

I do believe that GUNTHER and Angelico was a strange choice of a finals, but a welcome change of what one comes to expect. I think GUNTHER was a favorite coming into the tournament to capture the WWE European Championship, and when it comes to the best person for the role of champion to beat in the title picture, nobody comes close to the final boss visual of GUNTHER. I can see him holding it for a reasonably long time.

Overall, I am very intrigued in how you manage to follow up from this tournament. I do feel like GUNTHER and Cesaro was the best match of the tournament, but it's interesting with hindsight how you lined out this tournament from start to finish. It felt like a true festival of talent, and that can only be applauded. Now to see how we get on from here.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Shade

Reaction score
WWE European Championship Tournament: Night 4 - May 26, 2020:

Interesting creative liberty to have Bring Me The Horizion release "Obey" five months early to be the theme song, hehe.

I can't actually remember too much from the last time I left feedback, beyond this tournament has been an impressively amassed assembly of talent. You've done wonders formulating a universe where not only the United Kingdom brand is given true justice; but also one where COVID-19 never actually happens. I'm excited to see where we go once the WWE European Championship Tournament is out of the way, admittedly. I'd like to see us kick things into the next gear.

I was surprised to see Angelico go over Michael Oku, but then again, Oku is still a new face at this point in time. Oku will always have time to shine down the line. That said, I don't see Angelico winning the tournament.

God, the size advantage Rusev would have over Ilja Dragunov would be crazy. I think I mentioned it last time, but what a dynamic these two would have, with their styles considered. Dragunov is my pick to win the WWE European Championship, or at least make it to the finals. I was surprised to see him go over Rusev, but I could visualise it.

Cara Noir moving on past Dominik Dijakovic has to be considered another upset. I can't say I've seen enough Noir to really have much judgment on his chances of winning, but it would certainly be a pantomimically fitting decision given what I know about Noir's theatrical side.

With no further context, it is without a doubt GUNTHER and Cesaro would tear the absolute house down against each other. This write-up was perfect for what was needed, and if there was anything negative to say about this segment, it's got to be that it isn't the finals - or even the semi-finals. I am sad to see Cesaro eliminated, but GUNTHER is in position to win, or at least meet Ilja Dragunov in the finals.

Wow, okay, Angelico going to the finals is a crazy direction to take. Was Ilja Dragunov against GUNTHER too easy to figure as a strong enough finals for the WWE European Championship? As stunned as I am, I've always been a fond viewer of Angelico's, so I'm all about his continuation in this tournament.

Cara Noir going down to GUNTHER just made sense, reallly. It read like Noir put up a fight, but much like Cesaro, I think there was only one real way to go - and that was with GUNTHER at the helm, given he's been such a prominent figure since coming into the company.

I do believe that GUNTHER and Angelico was a strange choice of a finals, but a welcome change of what one comes to expect. I think GUNTHER was a favorite coming into the tournament to capture the WWE European Championship, and when it comes to the best person for the role of champion to beat in the title picture, nobody comes close to the final boss visual of GUNTHER. I can see him holding it for a reasonably long time.

Overall, I am very intrigued in how you manage to follow up from this tournament. I do feel like GUNTHER and Cesaro was the best match of the tournament, but it's interesting with hindsight how you lined out this tournament from start to finish. It felt like a true festival of talent, and that can only be applauded. Now to see how we get on from here.

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a review on the finals of the European title tournament. You caught me out on the song haha. I try and be good with the times but that was one of my rare moments where I was just like.. Use it haha. It has been a little while since my last post, longer than I intended it to be TBH. Think I got so wrapped up in wanting this show to be perfect. I constantly got held up on what I wanted from it. Thank you for the kind words regarding the status of the project so far. I will admit I have been going back and forth on whether to employ Covid 19 into my project and for realism sake I did draft up some reports and so on. If I was to incorporate it however, I think more than anything the adjustments I'd make would be more streamlined shows and no crowd in attendance.

I've got to be honest with Oku this is someone who dare I say, I'd have probably finished up using originally. But the more I watched him and used him the more I found roles to fit him in for the future which has been an awesome surprise. I think my goal especially with how the ending was going to be was throw a few curveballs through the tournament. Like an early elimination of Cesaro or Joe Hendry being a prime example and some lesser known faces like Cara, Angelico and Oku making it this far. With Gunther's booking also I wanted to make sure and you actually said this also. To an extent he's the final boss and big man on campus. That's why I made the point of him winning by a different method each time and being hard to put down. I also tried to make his bouts different so I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Of all the things in this tournament. I think Angelico's run and his win over Ilja maybe the biggest talking point. I think as we mentioned I really wanted to subvert a lot of expectations especially when we know that Gunther was going to win the entire thing. On top of this, I think a match like Ilja and Gunther. I didn't just want to give it away on the first potential occasion. Which is why i was also happy to throw such an unexpected twist in the mix. Plus I think on top of this, I did quite a good job or at least I hope I did of turning Angelico into a star with his tournament run. Thank you once again for the feedback and review, I truly appreciate you taking the time to do so!

Shade

Reaction score
laFvP4j.png

EPISODE #133 PREVIEW

CHANGES

BT Sports Studio; London, England
State of WWE UK address
dKW7Eww.gif
Following the shocking conclusion of WWE UK's War of the Roses which saw Team Barrett defeated by Team Katarina. We know that kicking off this week's edition of the WWE UK brand will be the first ever installment of Session Moth's Beer Garden. For this shows premiere episode the master of ceremonies Martina will be joined by WWE Management's William Regal for what is expected to be a state of WWE UK address which will fully unveil what is instore for the brand with rumors flying of changes being made.
DEBUTS
Angelico vs. Tate Mayfairs
Michael Oku vs. Danny Jones
The Workhorsemen (Asher Hale and JD Drake) vs. The Grizzled Young Veterans (James Drake and Zack Gibson)
Hyan vs. Santana Garrett vs. Kanji
Teoman vs. Suge D

With one door closing with the end of the Barrett Regime change. Another door has opened and we've seen many talents begin to rise and attempt to grab the fabled brass ring. Having made their debuts as part of the WWE European Championship tournament we can confirm that both Angelico and Michael Oku will step into the WWE ring for the first time as official WWE UK superstars. Veteran tag team Asher Hale and JD Drake will also be making their debuts as they take on the pair of James Drake and Zack Gibson. While Hyan and Santana Garrett will battle one another and the recently debuted Kanji in a showcase clash for the three women. Lastly we know that veteran Suge D will also take part in his first match as he takes on the Caterpillar of Wonderland who from this point will now known as Teoman!
MAIN EVENT
HOUSE OF COUTURE (LANA AUSTIN AND NINA SAMUELS) VS. CANDY FLOSS AND LAURA DI MATTEO
Falls Count Anywhere

Lastly in the main event of the evening a tag team grudge match which has long been overdue will finally take place. As the pair of Nina Samuels and Lana Austin battle Candy Floss and Laura Di Matteo. While Nina and Lana to many maybe seen as Jinny's henchwomen they have grown to be a standout duo in the WWE UK women's tag team division. Standing against them will be one of Jinny and the House of Couture's oldest foes and former members Laura Di Matteo and a young prospect who she has mentored as of late Candy Floss. Who will reign supreme in this Falls count Anywhere clash?

Shade

Reaction score
wwe-then-now-forever.gif
laFvP4j.png

WWE UK
EPISODE #133 | 25/05/20
CHANGES
BT Sport Studio | London, England
Commentary Team ~ Doug Williams and John Gooden
Ring Announcer ~ Andy Shepherd
MCi0S.gif
DARK MATCH: THE SMOKING ACES (CHARLIE STERLING AND NICK RILEY) VS. CALLUM NEWMAN AND NATHAN FRAZIER

Entrance%2B2.gif

Kicking off the evening before the show officially began would be a tag team match between four of the UK Brand's top prospects. Standing on one side of the ring would be a popular pair of high flying standouts Nathan Frazier and Callum Newman. Their opponents would be one of the UK's higher regarded tag teams the Smoking Aces. This would be a fast paced tag team affair which served as a showcase in particular for the pairing of Nick Riley and Charlie Sterling. Following what was an impressive sprint of a tag team match we'd see the experience as a duo this pair had come into play as they put away Newman following a power plex combination.

WINNERS: The Smoking Aces (Charlie Sterling and Nick Riley)
giphy.gif
Dear Life by Chasing Cadence plays as the show opens with a comprehensive recap of not just the War of the Roses UK Showcase special but the European title tournament. Moments such as Team Katarina over throwing Team Barrett during the elimination tag matches and Gunther's dominant tournament showing are displayed before this week's show officially opens up inside the BT Sports Studio in London. With a small crowd in attendance all hyped for tonight's event, John Gooden and Doug Williams quickly direct us to the ring after promoting tonights show.

With the anthem that is Everytime we Touch by Cascada playing out it is officially time for the first edition of Session Moth's Beer Garden. Hosting this event of course is the master of ceremonies herself Session Moth Martina. Armed not just with a microphone but also a can of Brewdog, Martina takes the time to show the make shift set she has in the ring which includes a couple of outdoor pub tables with umbrellas raised in the middle. Sat on one of the tables which is the cause of the music is a bluetooth speaker while next to it is a variety of bottles and cans of beer plus bottles of WKD. After welcoming everyone to what in her words is going to be the wildest party WWE UK has ever seen. With that Martina thanks to the crowd egging her own proceeds to chug her can of brewdog before she grabs another one from the table. After taking a moment to collect herself as she reiterates that she is in fact a serious interviewer. Session Moth introduces her guest for this evening William Regal.

To cheers from the crowd William Regal walks out from the back but to the surprise of everyone William Regal isn't coming alone. Instead the WWE management representative is surprisingly walking out with both Katarina Leigh and Wade Barrett. Despite Katarina's side being victorious it appears that things haven't been resolved between the two as they keep their eyes locked onto one another all the way down to the ring before the trio enter the ring. On doing so Martina offers them all a drink, sadly for Mr. Regal however there is no champagne as instead all Martina has is lambrini which causes William to turn down the offer. With this trio gathered in the ring Martina thanks William for coming to her beer garden to give everyone an update regarding the future of WWE UK. From here Martina takes a seat and begins to drink her beer as she tells Mr Regal that the floor is his.

Addressing the fans in attendance and those watching from home William Regal says that there has long been rumors of a WWE UK revamp and that changes were coming. Saying these rumors were true and that there have been designs and plans to help further this brand and bring it further into prominence not just in the UK or European wrestling but across the world. This is why William had little tolerance for the civil war which had brewed between Wade Barrett and Katarina Leigh, as their in fighting could have jeopardized everything that had been put in motion for this brand. However after consulting with the WWE board of directors and with change purely in mind for this brand. He can confirm that neither Wade Barrett or Katarina Leigh will be going anywhere. This news appears to take everyone off guard while a relieved Wade Barrett takes a sigh of relief. This is until Regal follows by saying that while they are both staying with the brand. Neither of them from this point onwards will have any authority in the brand from this point onwards.

Saying that he has always been fond of both Wade Barrett and Katarina Leigh for that matter. William Regal says he's not pleased that he's been forced into this position but their in fighting and both of their actions over the course of many months have shown neither is truly fit to lead this brand. However while they may not be worthy of leading this brand both have things they do actually offer. Surprisingly then William Regal calls for Doug Williams to enter the ring, stepping out from behind the commentary table Doug on entering the ring shakes hands with William Regal who pats him on the shoulder also. Praising Williams and his work with the WWE UK brand so far, William Regal says that Doug is also someone William has needed to speak to also regarding the overhaul of this brand. Stating that both Doug and Katarina for that matter both seem like people with a lot left in the tank who have settled into roles outside of the ring to remain apart of the business. Saying he knows Doug has tried hard to make the commentary role work but he has proven time and time over it is hard for him to stay behind that desk.

William says it's time to give Doug an opportunity to take a role which allows him more time in the ring. Which is why William Regal is offering Doug Williams the chance to become the head trainer for the WWE UK performance center. Saying that this is the role which Williams should have been offered in the first place, it is without hesitation that Doug Williams accepts the role to the approval of the crowd who give him a round of applause. With that Doug Williams leaves the ring and begins to head backstage. From here William looks at John Gooden who is now seated behind the commentary desk on his own before he turns to Wade Barrett. Stating that Wade may not be suited to be an authority figure but he is someone like himself who has a passion for this business and is great at breaking things down to others, William Regal says that from this point onwards Wade Barrett will be the new color commentator for the WWE UK Brand. With Regal nodding his head, Wade Barrett slowly leaves the ring and heads to the commentary table. It's clear that things are a little testy between Wade and John Gooden, as the men don't shake hands when Wade takes his place next to John.

Finally William turns his attention to Katarina Leigh who has been the general manager of this brand since day one. Admitting that this is the decision he has struggled most with because while William would have personally never selected Katarina for this role based on prior knowledge. He feels overall Katarina has done an admirable job of leading the brand. Unfortunately for her there have been times when she has let emotions cloud her judgement and because of this she has acted out and made decisions which don't serve the brands best interests. This is why from this point onwards Katarina Leigh will no longer be the general manager of WWE UK. This news is met with a mixed reaction from the crowd until William Regal continues. However in a similar case to Doug Williams, he can tell there is a lot left in Katarina. Now sadly while Doug due to injuries will never be cleared for a full time ring return. The same cannot be said for Katarina which is why William Regal says in the back is a contract for Katarina Leigh to become a full time roster member with the WWE UK brand if she sees fit.

This news is met with a cheer from the brand as William tells Katarina to head backstage and look over the contract. Imploring her to read through it and give it some thought. Regal watches on as Katarina Leigh leaves the ring and heads backstage. Now just in the ring with Martina, William apologizes to Session Moth for overtaking her show. By this point however Martina is a few drinks deep and can only raise a can to William who asks if she minds him making one last announcement. Stating that in the Katarina and Wade saga he had heard a lot of different terminology of what this brand needed. Be it a leader, an authority figure or in Wade's words a new captain. However having seen the damage done and spoken to management, William says he was truly able to determine what WWE UK needed. It needs someone whose authority will not be in question and someone who will not be led astray by personal thoughts or feelings. This is why WWE UK will not have a general manager... Instead it will have a Guvnor¬

Much to the shock and surprise of the crowd "The Guvnor" Anthony Ogogo walks out from the back wearing a black suit. Walking swiftly down to the ring with a purpose Anthony Ogogo on entering the ring shakes hands with William Regal who passes him over the microphone. Addressing the WWE UK fans and wrestlers for the first time Anthony Ogogo promises that he will bring order to the WWE UK as it's Guvnor. Saying there will no longer be turmoil or uncertainty for it's fans or wrestlers, Anthony says he will instigate change through this brand. Not wanting to hold the show up any longer as he has work to be done. Anthony Ogogo says he is personally requesting that every champion of the brand come to his office and meet him as soon as they can starting with the WWE European Champion Gunther. With that Anthony lowers the microphone down onto the mat as the first edition of Session Moth's beer garden comes to a close.
~THE SWAN SONG~

Entrance%2B2.gif

"The Black Swan" Cara Noir is coming soon!
~ Lead By Example ~

The cameras direct us through the hallway of the building and towards of the office of "The Guvnor" Anthony Ogogo. Having placed a box on the desk of this room which contains his personal effects. Anthony Ogogo's moment to personalize his office is soon cut short by the arrival of Nigel McGuinness. Ogogo seems slightly taken aback by the arrival of Nigel yet despite this he greets him with a handshake. It doesn't take long for Nigel to reveal that he is here as a representative and spokesperson for the ring general himself Gunther. Saying he will be handling all the European champion's business, Nigel asks what Anthony would like of Gunther. Ogogo says he wants to set the tone for his role as the Guvnor for the UK brand. Which is why he wants every champion to defend their championships over the coming weeks. In turn he will allow the champion to select their challenger for the bout. He would like to personally extend that chance to Gunther who will defend his championship tonight. After pondering for a few moments Nigel issues a response that Gunther will defend his championship against a man he respects, Shelton Benjamin!

MATCH #1: HYAN VS. SANTANA GARRETT VS. KANJI

The first bout of the night would be triple threat action as Kanji battled against two recently signed women to the WWE UK Brand. This being veteran Santana Garrett and the hard nosed Texan Hyan. This would would an energetic sprint of a bout to kickstart the night as we'd see Santana Garrett dazzle with her athleticism and high flying while Hyan showed herself to be a blend of technical ring work and hard hitting striking. Kanji meanwhile would continue to show her development in the ring as she managed to hold her own with both women. Towards the end of the bout we'd see Kanji manage to hit a sunset flip powerbomb from the top rope onto Hyan who was hoisting Santana up in a suplex position leading to a tower of doom situation. This would have all three women reeling but Kanji managed to recover the fastest and would connect with a hidden blade elbow strike on Santana Garrett to pick up the victory.

Andy Shepherd: And the winner of the match Kanji!

The crowd cheers as the announcement is made and Kanji climbs to her feet. After having her arm raised in the air Kanji is spun around by Hyan who shakes Kanji's hand before raising her arm high in the air also. The duo then assist a groggy Santana Garrett to her feet before the trio share a hug while the crowd claps in appreciation.
~ Business is business ~

Footage is then shown from earlier on this evening from the parking lot of the building. Filmed by a fan's camera we'd see Joe Hendry and Ilja Dragunov face off with one another. This pair having shown great respect for one another seem to still share that bond as Joe reminds Ilja of what he said when Joe beat him during the King of the Ring tournament. That nothing changes and business is business, so no hard feelings. Dragunov nods his head and the duo shake hands when abruptly Joe Hendry is blindsided by Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel. Despite Joe's attempts to fight back against this pair, the numbers soon overwhelm him when Dragunov without hesitation gets involved to help his friend. This is until Dragunov is hit from behind by Tony Nese and Drew Gulak. Using the numbers to their advantage we see Dallas and Axel drop Hendry onto the concrete with an DDT/facebuster combination while Gulak holds the downed Dragunov allowing Nese to punt him. With the damage done and security rushing on the scene, the Throne would all back away from their onslaught.
~ Introduction ~

Before the cameras return back to the ring we are taken to the hallway of the building where the Foreign Legion are standing by. Doing the majority of the speaking for the pair is the now renamed Ludwig Kaiser. Standing with Ludwig is his tag team partner Clement Petiot and the pair talk about their supremacy thus far apart of the WWE UK Brand. Stating that with their success they field numerous applications from people across the globe to join their ranks. However they never found anyone who was truly worthy until now. The segment then closes with Kaiser introducing the world to the newest member of the Foreign Legion.. "The French Hope" Amale.

14a1e025dd1edde836302524b1f36dcd.gif
MATCH #2: ANGELICO VS. TATE MAYFAIRS

The bell rings to start the next contest of the evening. Unlike the chaotic and frenzied paced opening bout. This second match would feature a lot more of a slower pace at first and a lot of pandering to the crowd. For while Angelico true to form continued searching for his next lady in the crowd all the while a bemused Tate Mayfairs bickered with fans for comparisons to Joey Essex. When the match finally kicked off we'd see quick the technical clash between the pair until a big knee strike from Angelico wobbled Tate and allowed Angelico to roll him down onto the canvas with the Cruceta Invertida for the win.

Andy Shepherd: And the winner of the match Angelico!

The crowd cheers as the announcement is made and victorious Angelico rises to his feet. After performing one of his many dance routines in the ring, Angelico leaves the ring and begins to celebrate with some of the female fans at ringside.
~ A Royal Departure ~

Having handled their business for the evening, the Throne all make their way through the parking lot as they prepare to make their leave. As they do so Maria Kanellis stops in front of one of the cameras trailing them. The queen is livid as she makes it clear that tonight wasn't just mindless violence that was a declaration which was sent directly from the king himself. Saying that those who stand against the throne and her husband are not safe. Maria makes it clear in the closing moments of this promo that you will all bend the knee to King Kanellis.
~ Offerings ~

The cameras then return to the hallway of the building where Gabriel Kidd is making a beeline to the locker room area. As the young prospect heads through the halls he is surprised to be met by Doug Williams. Despite being removed from his post as a commentator earlier this evening, Doug Williams seems to be in high spirits as he instead praises Gabriel Kidd and his efforts so far as part of the UK Brand. Kidd seems receptive of this show of respect and positive reinforcement. It is then that Doug offers to mentor Kidd and see if he can help him advance his career. After taking a few moments Gabriel accepts this offer and the pair shake hands.
~ Gold Standard ~

22d3a12b2b09cbdad5e359ea2de8490c.gif

Right before the next bout of the night Shelton Benjamin is standing by with Joanna Rose. Having been named as Gunther's first title defense for later this evening. Shelton doesn't seem taken aback by this news as he remarks that with his time spent in the business nothing surprises him anymore. Saying that he's said since his arrival to WWE UK that he knows the clock is further ticking for him. Shelton says that he can't pass up any opportunity which comes his way. Especially an opportunity to add another accolade to his trophy case as the next European Champion!
MATCH #3: TEOMAN W/JURN SIMMONS VS. SUGE D

The third bout of the night would see another new face as the charismatic Suge D finally made his arrival to WWE UK. A charismatic showman who quickly won over the crowd, Suge D was truly a delight for fans in attendance with his constant comedic antics. Sadly for Suge D his opponent would be "The Caterpillar" Teoman who showed little to no regard for his opponent or his antics. Instead Teoman would methodically begin to break down Suge D at every turn before finally he'd trap his opponent right in the center of the ring with a crossface for the win!

Andy Shepherd: And the winner of the match Teoman!

The crowd boos as the announcer finishes speaking and Teoman rises to his feet. The stoic Teoman is quick to leave the ring with little celebration as he joins Jurn Simmons at ringside. Together the pair walk up the ramp where a proud Isla Dawn is watching on.
~Next Steps ~

wwe-wwe-nxt.gif

A pre taped promo then plays from Kay Lee Ray. The lone wolf of the WWE UK Brand, Kay Lee Ray says she is relieved and can finally breathe having put that Barrett and Katarina saga behind. Saying that she has come to WWE UK for one reason and one reason alone and that reason being to serve her own best interests. Kay Lee Ray issues a warning to every woman on the roster including those who she teamed with previously that she is out for just herself and no one else. Closing out her promo Kay Lee Ray makes it clear that her next step is coming for the women's championship.
~ Tough Breaks ~

As
Anthony Ogogo sits down behind his desk and looks admirably at a framed pair of his old boxing gloves on the wall. Anthony soon finds his moment of reflection cut short by the arrival of Tegan Nox. Greeting Nox warmly, Anthony admits that he thinks really highly of Tegan and everything she's accomplished with the brand. Calling her one of the faces as part of the brand, Anthony admits that the reason he called her here sadly isn't a good one. Saying that during Tegan's last contract negotiation a clause was added to her contract by Wade guaranteeing her no longer being able to compete for the WWE UK Women's championship. This news stuns Tegan but Anthony promises her he will do all he can to fight her case on this and get that clause amended if he can.
~ Decisions ~

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7a71372d3671686a586a7a6751673d3d2d3838353631393631362e313630663232363536643538306135613236383331343439313832372e676966

Right before their upcoming match The Grizzled Young Veterans as a trio are walking through the hall when suddenly Kip Sabian stops his cohorts. Calling tonight not just a new chapter for the WWE UK but also a new chapter for the Grizzled Young Veterans. Kip Sabian says he feels like he personally has something to prove. Not just to Drake and Gibson but to the world as a whole. Which is why he's personally asking to be in tonight's tag team match. Despite some hesitancy initially from his stablemates it is Zack Gibson who surprisingly agrees to step back and allow Sabian to take his place.
MATCH #4: THE WORKHORSEMEN (ASHER HALE AND JD DRAKE) VS. GRIZZLED YOUNG VETERANS (JAMES DRAKE AND KIP SABIAN) W/ZACK GIBSON

For the fourth bout of the night it would then be tag team action as the Work Horsemen made their official debuts against the duo of James Drake and Kip Sabian. Despite expecting it to be Zack Gibson across from them it appears the veteran duo were not phased by this change whatsoever. Despite going against a considerable experience advantage Kip Sabian put in a spirited effort as he clearly had something to prove against his opponents. Unfortunately for Sabian it was the veteran instincts of his opponent which made the difference and we'd eventually see JD Drake pin him following a Drill Bit.

Andy Shepherd: And the winners of the match The Work Horsemen!

Having picked up their first victory with the brand Asher Hale and JD Drake have their arms raised in the air before they head backstage. Meanwhile in the ring a frustrated James Drake stands in the corner while Zack Gibson enters the ring. Walking over to a disheartened Kip Sabian, Zack Gibson helps him to his feet. Once he's up however things are clearly a different story as Gibson blasts Sabian with a lariat. James Drake appears stunned by this decision as Gibson mounts Sabian and punishes him with punches and elbows. Pulling Gibson off of Sabian, Drake soon appears to follow suit as he drags Sabian to his feet before planting him with an impaler DDT.
~ Returns ~

Having had their suspensions uplifted for the first time in weeks we see both Nathan Cruz and Katy Lees walk into the building. As the troublesome couple do so they find themselves surprised to cross paths with William Regal. Showing himself to be far from impressed with the duo, William Regal says to the pair that if it was his call the pair personally would not have been brought back. Fortunately for them it is not William Regal's call as to whether they get brought back or not. However William is quick to warn the pair that they best know their place and stand in line from this point onwards.
~ A Shock Exit ~

Having beaten down their own ally moments ago it appears that the pair of James Drake and Zack Gibson aren't even bothering to change out of their gear as they head for the exit of the building. Looking to catch word with the pair Frankie B's attempts to interview the duo fall on deaf ears as they continue to make their leave. Stopping short of the exit James Drake appears to start giving an answer to Frankie when he is blindsided by Zack Gibson. Drake hits the floor and Gibson soccer kicks Drake to the midsection. From here Gibson stomps on Drake's chest several times telling him that this is all over!
MATCH #5: GUNTHER W/NIGEL MCGUINNESS VS. SHELTON BENJAMIN ~ WWE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP

The WWE European Championship would be on the line in the next bout of the night as Gunther battled Shelton Benjamin. Despite Nigel McGuinness' early claims of Gunther saying he respected Shelton Benjamin. Judging by this contest we'd see little in the way of respect or consideration by Gunther to his opponent. Instead what we saw was Gunther absolutely destroy Shelton Benjamin from the opening bell. Despite his athleticism and experience, Shelton unfortunately did not stand a chance here and would be battered pillar to post before Gunther clobbered Shelton with a lariat. Despite Shelton being down, Gunther followed up with a powerbomb to take the victory!

Andy Shepherd: And the winner of the match and still champion Gunther!

The crowd boo as the announcement is made and Gunther stands tall in the ring. While Nigel McGuinness climbs into the ring and raises his client's arm in the air. We see in the corner of the ring a concerned Thomas Scarborough checking on Shelton before calling for medics.
~ News ~

From here the cameras take us back to the office of Anthony Ogogo. "The Guvnor" of WWE UK is standing in front of his desk as he prepares to make an announcement. Having already announced that all champions will be in action over the coming weeks. Anthony follows up this news by revealing that several weeks from now will be the return of the WWE UK Men and Women's Rumbles. Listing past winners as the likes of Drake Maverick and Tegan Nox, Anthony Ogogo proudly reminds everyone that winning this rumble will guarantee the winners title shots at the next Showcase event!
~ Under Orders ~

1b8df3901a4d1a5276bbf88aadc3de94.gif

We are then directed to the private dressing room of the House of Couture. Here the WWE UK Women's Champion
Jinny is standing by her colleagues Nina Samuels and Lana Austin. Not in a good mood following her loss at the Showcase event, Jinny says that now is time for a show of dominance from the House of Couture. Telling Lana and Nina that for tonight failure is unacceptable. Jinny closes out this segment by informing the pair that their failure tonight will force Jinny to begin taking new applications for the House of Couture.
MATCH #6: MICHAEL OKU VS. DANNY JONES

It was then time for the next contest of the evening which would see another debut or in this case re debut as Michael Oku looked to pick up his first victory since rejoining the WWE UK brand. Standing against him in this bout would be Danny Jones who snatched the microphone during the introductions to make it clear that he is not here to be anyone's stepping stone. This would be a very mat based clash with both men trading holds throughout. Showing himself to be quite the technical savant Michael Oku's strategy seemed very leg orientated as he'd eventually clamp on a single leg crab for the win.

Andy Shepherd: And the winner of the match Michael Oku!

The crowd cheers as the announcement is made and Michael Oku rises to his feet in the ring. As Michael Oku begins to celebrate his win, we see at ringside an angered Danny Jones pound his hands on the apron before storming backstage.
~ Me First ~

tumblr_pd62ykUSlL1xtq2kmo3_250.gif

The cameras then take us from the ring as we are taken to one of the corridors of the building. Standing by on her own is Raquel Lourenco who has a broad smile on her face. Saying that now the Wade Barrett scenario has firmly been put to rest. Saying that now she's put one black mark across the WWE UK to rest, Raquel says that her focus now is firmly on putting another to bed. This is why Raquel is confirming that she will be competing in the WWE UK Women's Rumble and she will be winning it as her goal is to take down the House of Couture once and for all!
~ Commodities ~

Quickly the cameras then divert us across the building to where a heated confrontation is taking place. Here we see
Piper Niven and Dakota Kai facing off with Australia's Hottest Commodities. The duo of Niven and Kai clearly have had enough of the antics of Indi Hartwell and Persia Pirotta. The Australia's Hottest Communities true to form are recording everything for their viewers. With security behind them both Kai and Niven keep trying to take swings at the influencers to no avail. After a few moments both Hartwell and Pirotta back away while Kai and Niven make it clear that they will see them soon!
~ Strong Style ~

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f694a54396e713147324230664e413d3d2d3839363535343031312e3136313461316464626637383637363332303832333030313539372e676966

Ahead of the main event another pre taped promo is then shown this time with "The Bruiserweight" Pete Dunne. Unlike many who competed and won at the Showcase, Pete Dunne says for him nothing has changed with the fall of the Barrett Empire. As for Pete Dunne he will not be happy until he has put an end to British Strong Style once and for all. Calling himself the group's creator, Pete Dunne says now he will destroy what he personally created. Promising that he will not be stopped in this mission, Dunne says he will not be satisfied until he removes the head of that Snake Trent Seven.
MAIN EVENT: CANDY FLOSS AND LAURA DI MATTEO VS. HOUSE OF COUTURE (LANA AUSTIN AND NINA SAMUELS) ~ FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE

Finally it was time for the main event of the evening and this would be a tag team, falls count anywhere grudge match between the pairing of the House of Couture and Candy Floss and Laura Di Matteo. This match in the run up based on the history between the women promised to be a wild encounter and to all the women involved credit it very much lived up to that billing as they brawled throughout the building and the crowd. As the war raged on backstage also we'd see a difference in teamwork firmly be made as Nina and Lana managed to take out Candy Floss by putting her through a merchandise table. Isolating Laura Di Matteo and bringing the action back to the ring. The numbers truly made a difference as despite a spirted effort by Di Matteo she'd be put away with the full body makeover (Gory Bomb/Diving Cutter) Combination.

Andy Shepherd: And the winners of the match The House of Couture!

The crowd erupts into boos as the announcement is made. Rising to her feet in the ring Lana Austin is soon snatched by Nina Samuels in a hug as the duo begin to celebrate their victory. While the duo do so, we see the women's champion Jinny standing at the top of the stage. The leader of the House of Couture, Jinny nods approvingly at her team as the show comes to a close.
(C)WORLDWRESTLINGENTERTAINMENT

Shade

Reaction score
laFvP4j.png
WWE UK News
83f53b144c5774a681995eeab34e2e2a.gif
Following this weeks edition of the WWE UK Show. We can confirm that this past week was designed to finish up Shelton Benjamin with the WWE UK roster. It was long said that Shelton's move to WWE UK was never going to be a long term thing as instead Shelton was used in many ways as a player coach to work with and mentor many of the WWE UK talents. Having greatly impressed management with his work ethic and also his attitude in working with these talents. It is said that Shelton Benjamin has now been requested to head back to the main roster and more specifically the Raw brand where he will not only work with younger talents but also potentially take a producer role backstage with the company.
tumblr_pzfw1rj1bf1vla0d3o1_500.gif
Another name who is coming off of WWE UK television at least for the meantime will be "Superbad" Kip Sabian. Having long been associated on the brand as a new member of the Grizzled Young Veterans, there had long been rumors that Kip's inclusion as part of the group had been done so to further the ascent of Zack Gibson. We now know due to creative changes a call has been made to instead split the Grizzled Young Veterans. This began with the attack on Kip Sabian this past week which we know now will see Kip Sabian returning to the WWE UK Performance Center. It's said the reason for this return is down to management wanting to repackage Kip Sabian, so they are removing him from television in an effort to draw up plans for him before a future return.
UK RUMBLES UPDATES
Having been confirmed this week we now have more details relating to the Men and Women's UK Rumble matches. These matches will feature on the 6th and 13th of July respectively with the winners going on to be competing at the next UK Showcase event for the Men's and Women's UK Championships. With a field of thirty confirmed for both of these matches, A few participants have already been named for both matches. In some exciting news some of these names confirmed aren't just names from the main UK roster itself but are also trainees from the UK performance center looking to make an impression. The confirmed names are as followed..

Men's UK Rumble
1. Angelico
2. Michael Oku
3. Nathan Cruz
4. Suge D
5. Nathan Frazier
6. Ludwig Kaiser
7. Clement Petiot

Women's UK Rumble
1. Raquel Lourenco
2. Aleah James
3. Kanji
4. Candy Floss
5. Laura Di Matteo
6. Hyan
7. Santana Garrett
8. Eliza Alexander

Shade

Reaction score
wwe-then-now-forever.gif
laFvP4j.png

WWE UK
Episode #134 | 01/06/20
Never Dream of Dying

BT Sports Studio | London, England
Commentary Team ~ John Gooden and Wade Barrett
MCi0S.gif

WWE NETWORK EXCLUSIVE
DARK MATCH: LYRA VALKYRIA VS. ELIZA ALEXANDER W/ MYLA GRACE

alfie-fisher-nxtuk.gif

Ahead of tonight's show fans would be treated to a dark match between two standouts of the WWE UK performance center. In one corner accompanied by her Liverbird tag team partner Myla Grace would be Eliza Alexander while standing across from her would be Lyra Valkyria. This would be quite the hard hitting collision between these two women as it seemed both truly had something to prove. The difference maker in this bout would be Grace who on occasion would act as a distraction which helped Alexander in getting back into the bout during times of trouble. This would be until a miscommunication between the pair allowed Valkyria to put Alexander away following a Samoan Driver.

Winner: Lyra Valkyria
giphy.gif
As always it is Dear Life by Chasing Cadence which opens up this latest show from inside the BT Sports Studio. A video package running down the previous shows events then plays kicking off with the shocking arrival of the Guvnor Anthony Ogogo before turning focus to Gunther's destruction of Shelton Benjamin. Also featured in the video is the implosion of the Grizzled Young Veterans before this week's show officially opens up. After the cameras pan around the studio we are taken to the commentary table where John Gooden is joined by Wade Barrett. Having been put together last week this pair is still not exactly on the same page as they bicker about the cues before Gooden sends us to the ring.

Starting out tonight's show as it did the week previously is our latest edition of Session Moth's Beer Garden. With Everytime we touch by Cascada playing from a bluetooth speaker which is on the center of a pub table clad with umbrella stand in the center. The cameras pan around the set which has been slightly upgraded with several drink coolers one of which is purely stocked with Brewdog. Standing in the center of the ring for this show is the host Session Moth Martina and she is dancing to her hearts content while holding a microphone in one hand and a beer in the other. Saying that she promised this show would be the wildest party WWE UK had seen, Martina says that last week she knows she delivered and it is her hope that tonight's show continue tonight. With the crowd's urging Martina takes a long swig of her beer before she helps recap last weeks show. Saying that the show was very much the kick off of a new era and filled with changes. Her guest tonight is someone that since last week the world has been talking about.

As Martina takes a seat on one of the chairs in the ring, Zack Gibson walks out from the back much to the crowd's chagrin. Gibson is dressed in a black suit and seems to be far from happy about being on this show. Joining Martina in the ring, Gibson out right refuses to join in any shenanigans as Martina offers him the choice of a beer, WKD or a shot of Baby Guinness. Saying he is here for business and nothing else, Martina nods her head before calling him a party pooper. The crowd in attendance begin heckling Gibson with chants of shoes off if you hate Gibson which only infuriates him more. In response to this an angered Gibson says that he is not here to made a fool of and will not be apart of any shenanigans. He is here to clear the record and get somethings off his chest and nothing else! Looking to regain control of her show Martina says that's his choice and invites Gibson to take a seat which Zack Gibson does so.

After taking a needed swig of her beer which Martina calls preparation for what's coming. She tells Zack Gibson that for now the floor is his to do exactly what he asked to do so. Saying that she will ask the serious hard hitting questions as she is a serious broadcaster. Martina puts on a set of flashing LED glasses which draws a few chuckles from the crowd and a look of disgust from Gibson. Asking him why did he turn on his tag team partners last week. Zack Gibson quickly comments that he didn't turn on tag team partners last week and he is not this grand betrayer that everyone is making him out to be. Instead what he did was release the frustration he has carried around with him for a long, long time. Standing up from his chair, Zack Gibson points at Wade Barrett and says Wade inspired him to take a stand and show the world what it means to truly be a Grizzled Young Veteran.

Reminding everyone that he was a WWE UK tournament winner just as Tyler Bate was and he battled Pete Dunne for the WWE UK Championship years ago. Zack Gibson says that the world seems to have forgotten just how good he really is. Saying that he teamed with James Drake and he allowed Kip Sabian to join their group under the pretense that the Grizzled Young Veterans would be the elite tag team around here. Yet time and time again it was established that the success the group had was down to him and him alone. Saying that instead of tag team partners all he had was shackles which limited his success. Attributing the pair as being anchors around his neck pulling him under. Zack Gibson says he did not betray anyone, instead he finally cut himself free of the chains which were holding him back and because of that he knows now that he will ascend to becoming a WWE UK Champion as was first expected for him and that finally the Grizzled Young Veteran shall rule!

On hearing the theme of his former tag team partner James Drake playing. Zack Gibson turns to the entrance and starts removing his jacket as he throws his microphone down. Martina remains in her chair as she cracks open another beer content to watch the show. The crowd in attendance soon cheers as Drake slides under the ropes having come through the crowd. Gibson turns around and he is double legged by James Drake who fires off a series of punches and elbows at his former friend and tag team partner. Gibson rolls out of the ring and to the floor having been caught off guard by this. Stumbling to his feet and leaning against the guard rail. Zack looks on as James Drake casually accepts a beer from Martina and cracks it open.

After chugging some of the beer and throwing the can at Gibson who backs his way up the ramp. A fired up James Drake is met with some loud cheers from the crowd before he picks up the microphone. Saying that he is sick and tired of hearing Zack Gibson claim he is the sole reason for the Grizzled Young Veterans success. James Drake says he cannot wait to see how Gibson fares without Drake watching his back. Saying that unlike Zack Gibson who likes to blindside people and catch them off guard. James Drake wants to settle this business on a level playing field. Which is why he is challenging Zack Gibson to a match next week! The crowd in attendance cheers loudly as this challenge is made and a livid Gibson stands at the top of the ramp. Picking up her microphone Martina proudly says that once again fans know where the real party is before she wraps up the second installment of her show.
~ THE BLACK SWAN ~

Entrance.gif

"The Black Swan" Cara Noir is coming!
MATCH #1: KAY LEE RAY VS. HYAN

The opening bout of the night would be singles action in the women's division as Kay Lee Ray battled Hyan. This would be quite the physical and hard hitting contest with Hyan in particular seeking to prove herself following an unsuccessful debut the week previously. Throughout the bout the commentary team were constantly praising Hyan for standing in there with a veteran like KLR. In the end however experience would be what turned the tide and following a superkick Kay Lee Ray finished her opponent with a Gory Bomb.

Andy Shepherd: And the winner of the match Kay Lee Ray!

The crowd cheers as the announcement is made and Kay Lee Ray rises to her feet. As Kay Lee Ray begins to celebrate her victory, she turns to see a dejected Hyan begin to sit up in the ring. Walking over to her, Kay Lee Ray helps Hyan to her feet before raising her arm in the air to some applause from the crowd.

~ Choose well ~

Standing in his office, the "Guvnor" of WWE UK Anthony Ogogo is all smiles as he is joined tonight by the WWE UK Tag Team Champions Aussie Open. After shaking hands with both men Anthony says he has a lot of respect for what they have accomplished here in the UK brand as a tag team. Stating that he honestly believes tag team wrestling in the UK and in the UK Brand is on a rise. Anthony says that the reason he has called them here today is so that Aussie Open can select their opponents for the evening. Speaking for the team Kyle Fletcher says that they agree that the WWE UK brand has a lot of teams that they could choose from. However they have decided that their opponents should be a team that they have yet to face since coming to the brand. Which is why tonight they will face off with Team White Wolf!
~ A king's wrath ~

Footage filmed by fan cam is then shown from earlier in the evening and it focuses on Adam Brooks making his arrival to the building. Quickly as he steps out of his car Brooks realizes that something is up when he tosses his bag aside. Brooks' eyes are locked on the staircase ahead of him as he sees Maria Kanellis looking down at him. Quickly Brooks meets a charging Bo Dallas with a punch to the jaw before he hits Curtis Axel with an elbow. Quickly Adam finds himself overwhelmed by the numbers as Tony Nese and Drew Gulak join the assault. Before the beatdown can go too far, the group is quickly backed off by a wrench wielding Ilja Dragunov. With Adam Brooks climbing to his feet and standing beside him, it is Maria who orders her group to stand down. With that the Throne all make a swift exit while Dragunov turns and asks if Brooks is OK.
~ Reactionary ~

Promo.gif

Having heard that Team White Wolf would be the team competing for the WWE UK Tag Team Championships. An unimpressed Ludwig Kaiser is standing by. Having had run ins before with Team White Wolf, Ludwig Kaiser is very quick to voice his disgust that in his words this unimpressive team of green rookies is being given an opportunity which the Foreign Legion should have received. Stating that all will be seen tonight is how unimpressive Team White Wolf is. Continuing his talk about tonight though Ludwig Kaiser changes his tone as he speaks proudly of Amale ahead of her debut. Stating that the Foreign Legion has proven themselves as the elite of the elite of the tag team division, Kaiser is confident that Amale will more than follow suit in the women's division.
MATCH #2: NATHAN CRUZ W/KATHERINE DARCY VS. LEVI MUIR

For his first match with the UK Brand since his return from suspension. Nathan Cruz was given the daunting task of facing UK performance center powerhouse Levi Muir. Going into this bout Cruz was highly confident but soon he'd find himself with quite the fight on his hands as the powerhouse Muir threw him all over the ring. At the same time it felt like Cruz couldn't help but keep his attention part focused on his girlfriend at ringside. Seemingly losing interested in Cruz as he took a beating, Darcy began flirting with fans at ringside which led to Cruz rolling out of the ring and the duo having an argument. Muir showed little patience for this and rushed out of the ring before tossing Cruz in the ring. As he looked to step through the ropes however Darcy grabbed his leg and this distraction allowed Cruz to hit the suspension of disbelief for the win.

Andy Shepherd: And the winner of the match Nathan Cruz!

The crowd boos as the announcement is made and Nathan Cruz rises to his feet. After having his arm raised in the air, Nathan Cruz is joined in the ring by Katherine Darcy. The pair share a kiss before they stand over Levi Muir.
~ House rules ~

With her team victorious the week previous, it would seem that the Fashionista is in a slightly positive mood. As she talks to her team, Jinny tells both Nina Samuels and Lana Austin that they did good. Admitting she had doubts and was considering replacing them, Jinny says that for now they've done more than enough to justify their place standing by her side. From here Jinny says that with Candy Floss and Laura Di Matteo put in their place, focus must be turned to the rest of the division. This is why Jinny is expecting both Nina Samuels and Lana Austin to make it to the final two of the UK women's Rumble so that one of them is guaranteed to win it.
~ Disappointment ~

Post show footage from last week is then played and this time it focuses on a dejected duo of
Candy Floss and Laura Di Matteo. Both women are clearly disappointed following their defeat. However the pair are soon joined by Tegan Nox who quickly praises both women as she says that personally she felt the pair were unlucky and had fought well. Stating that she hears both women are entered in the UK Women's Rumble, Tegan Nox says that she has every faith that both of them will put in a strong showing and make the world forget about tonight. When asked if she is in it, Tegan solemnly reveals that due to that clause in her contract, she is ineligible to compete in the UK women's rumble.
~ Announcement ~

mariah-may-mariah.gif

Standing by in front of her tag team Team White Wolf is "The Glamour" Mariah May. Calling tonight the opportunity of a life time for her team, Mariah says that it is nights like tonight which confirmed to her that she made the right choice in representing this team. Calling A-Kid and Carlos Romo stars in the making, Mariah says that tonight they will ascend from rising stars to superstars against Aussie Open. From here Mariah then turns attention to the further future as she says that she is not just a valet but she is also a wrestler. Which is why she can confirm that she will be entering the WWE UK women's rumble!
MATCH #3: AMALE VS. MONICA PASSERI

Stepping into the ring for her first match as an official member of the WWE UK roster. Amale very much had something to prove as she faced off with UK performance center trainee Monica Passeri. Despite being aligned with the more technically focused Ludwig Kaiser and Clement Petiot, Amale was all offense and aggression in this match. Clearly looking to make a statement against her opponent, this bout was a short showcase for Amale who picked up the win after driving Monica into the canvas with a move called the Hope Breaker!

Andy Shepherd: And the winner of the match Amale!

The crowd boos as the announcement is made and Amale rises to her feet. Standing over the downed Monica Passeri, Amale has her arm raised in the air by the referee while the cameras cut backstage to where an impressed Ludwig Kaiser and Clement Petiot are watching on.
~ Day One ~

A training montage is then shown focusing on Doug Williams and Gabriel Kidd at the WWE UK performance center. After seeing the pair warm up with various stretches and bridges, Doug says he wishes to see first hand what Gabe is capable of. The pair would then begin a sparring session as they grappled with one another on the mat. To his credit Gabriel was shown to be quite proficient technically and actually managed to counter or reverse Doug at points. Unfortunately for him it was Kidd's temper that cost him and allowed Doug to put him in several holds and pinning positions. Backing off from the sparring, Doug is quick to surmise that if Kidd can control his emotions and his tempter, he will quickly become a contender!
~ Follow up ~

Quickly the cameras then direct us towards the General Manager's office where "The Guvnor" Anthony Ogogo is standing by. Saying that coming into this brand off of the turmoil it has experienced would be daunting for many. However he is here to not just bring order to the brand but also to resolve many of the issues that remain unresolved. Commenting on the altercation between Australia's Hottest Commodities and the pair of Dakota Kai and Piper Niven. Anthony Ogogo says that it is his intention to have any issues resolved in the ring and not in the back. This is why next week these two teams will do battle in a tornado tag team match! Before Ogogo can continue however he is cut off by the arrival of Eddie Dennis. While he is respectful to Eddie, Anthony quickly makes it clear that he is not impressed with how Eddie has conducted himself on this brand. Believing Eddie to be a parasite of sorts. Anthony says he's more than willing for Eddie to prove him wrong. Knowing for now that Eddie isn't cleared to compete but that he does own a manager's license. Ogogo tells him outright that if he doesn't find a new client soon, than Anthony will be forced to revisit his purpose with the UK Brand!
~ Repercussions ~

Fan shot footage is then shown from earlier on this evening. The camera footage shows Xia Brookside arriving to the building. Signing a few autographs and taking some photos with some fans outside the building. Xia is quickly asked if she will be entering the upcoming UK Women's rumble. Unfortunately for Xia Brookside before she can answer this question she is blindsided with a running forearm by Toni Storm. Snatching Xia by the hair Toni throws her down onto the floor and begins stomping away on Xia. The entire time the livid Toni barks at Xia that this is all her fault. Security quickly hits the scene and manages to get between the pair before Storm backs off.
MATCH #4: MICHAEL OKU VS. JACK MORRIS

It was then time for the fourth match of the night as Michael Oku took on UK performance center standout Jack Morris. Unlike several other contests of the evening which were more hard hitting slug fests. This would be more a chess match of back and forth grappling exchanges. While Morris was attempting to work the arm of Oku, we'd see Oku true to form targeting the knee of Morris. This would all culminate with a grappling exchange which ended with Oku countering an arm bar attempt and clamping on a single leg crab for the submission.

The crowd cheers as the announcement is made and Michael Oku rises to his feet. Having picked up another impressive victory, Michael Oku has his arm raised in the air before he offers Jack Morris a handshake. Despite being dejected with the loss, Morris would shake hands with Oku before leaving the ring.
~ There is no remorse ~

Backstage%2BTalk.gif

As clips of last week's dominant Gunther vs Shelton Benjamin match is shown. A pre-taped interview is played featuring Gunther's representative Nigel McGuinness. Calling last week's defense against Shelton Benjamin a display of things to come from the ring general himself. Nigel says that he along with Gunther has heard a lot of people critiquing Gunther for the injuries sustained by Shelton Benjamin. Stating that he himself is no stranger to injuries suffered in the ring, Nigel states that while it is never nice to see any wrestler stricken with an injury. That sadly is just another harsh reality of the wrestling business. Calling this a dangerous sport which should only really be participated in by the absolute best. Nigel says that while it maybe a sad case to see a wrestler get injured. There is absolutely no sympathy or remorse to be offered from Gunther. Instead it's just a reminder that wrestling is not easy and stepping in the ring with the European champion is not for the feint of heart!
~Stronger than ever ~

tumblr_oplsqbKSI81r7w5lzo1_400.gif

Camera footage then shows "The Don" Trent Seven arriving to the building. A voice behind the camera asks Trent if he heard what Pete Dunne had to say last week about British Strong Style. Seven very much brushes off this question as he instead counters that despite the adversity they have faced as of late British Strong Style is stronger than ever. Refusing to look back on what he calls the past, instead he is choosing to look towards the future and the future for British Strong Style is victory in both the men and women's UK rumbles. Which is a foregone conclusion as Trent Seven, Tyler Bate and Millie McKenzie will all be competing in the WWE UK Rumbles!
MAIN EVENT: AUSSIE OPEN VS. TEAM WHITEWOLF ~ TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS

It was then time for the main event of the evening and this would be for the tag team championships. In what was quite an unorthodox approach for Aussie Open they showed a lack of respect to Carlos Romo and A-Kid during the early stages of the bout. While the bruiser Mark Davis seemed to have upped the aggression in some facets. The crowd getting behind White Wolf drew the fire of Kyle Fletcher who began to trash talk the pair through the bout. As the bout waged on and A-Kid and Romo managed to get some offense off onto the champs. At some stages it looked like we'd get a new champion until Aussie Open put away A-Kid with Coriolis.

Andy Shepherd: And the winners of the match and still champions Aussie Open!

The crowd reaction is slightly mixed as the announcement is made and Aussie Open stand tall in the ring. Soon the pair are joined by their challengers team White Wolf and it appears any ill will or hostility has been replaced with pure respect as Aussie Open embrace the pair and raise A-Kid and Carlos Romo's arms high in the air as the show comes to a close.
(c)WorldWrestlingEntertainment

Shade

Reaction score
laFvP4j.png
WWE UK RUMBLES PARTICIPANTS UPDATE
MENWOMEN
1. Angelico1. Raquel Lourenco
2. Michael Oku2. Aleah James
3. Suge D3. Kanji
4. Nathan Frazier4. Candy Floss
5. Ludwig Kaiser5. Laura Di Matteo
6. Clement Petiot6. Hyan
7. Tyler Bate7. Santana Garrett
8. Trent Seven8. Eliza Alexander
9. A-Kid9. Amale
10. Carlos Romo10. Mariah May
11. Asher Hale11. Nina Samuels
12. JD Drake12. Lana Austin
13. Kid Lykos13. Millie McKenzie
14. Gabriel Kidd14. Amber Nova

Shade

Reaction score
laFvP4j.png
WWE UK NEWS
1664107284213-png.31114
BRITISH BULLDOG TAG TEAM CLASSIC UPDATE
With the WWE European Championship now concluded. Focus has turned to the next big scheduled tournament which was on the WWE UK Brand's radar. This of course being the second iteration of the British Bulldogs' Tag Team Classic. While the inaugural tournament was won by Aussie Open who followed on this victory to defeat and dethrone British Strong Style to become the UK Tag Team Champions. This time around the tournament will be for the women and will feature 32 tag teams from all over the globe competing for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championships which are currently held by the Kabuki Warriors (Asuka and Kairi Sane). It has been confirmed that a special two night event will be hosted before this upcoming showcase which will cover the opening round of the tournament. After this the remainder of the tournament will be carried out in the weeks following the UK Showcase. The opening round for the tournament has been confirmed as such..

Nikki Cross and Piper Niven vs. The Ultimate and the Baddest (Mercedez Blaze and Taonga)
House of Couture (Lana Austin and Nina Samuels) vs. Alexxis Falcon and Dani Luna
Candy Floss and Xia Brookside vs. The Uprising (Rhia O'Reilly and Skye Smitson)
Aleah James and Kanji vs. Wonderland (Isla Dawn and Jayde)
Royal Aces (Charlie Morgan and Jetta) vs. Medusa Complex (Charli Evans and Millie McKenzie)
Gisele Shaw and Shanna vs. Team Kick (Dakota Kai and Tegan Nox)
Masha Slamovich and Leyla Hirsch vs. Bourne N Bouji (Aliyah and Vanessa Borne)
LUX (Kingsley and Xena) vs. Robert Stone Brand (Frankie Monet and Jessi Kamea)
Four Nations (Jessica Troy and Shazza McKenzie) vs. VXT (Chelsea Green and Deonna Purrazzo)
Filthy Generation (Kay Lee Ray and Session Moth Martina) vs. Oedo Tai (Blair Davenport and Jamie Hayter)
Alex Windsor and Emersyn Jane vs. Mercedes Martinez and Santana Garrett
Emma and Toni Storm vs. She Wolves (Kasey Owens and Rhio)
Shotzi Blackheart and Xia Li vs. The Iconics (Billie Kay and Peyton Royce)
Female Fight Factory (Killer Kelly and Laura Di Matteo) vs. Blair Onyx and Natalia Markova
Cyber Squad (Stevie Turner and Zoe Lucas) vs. Australia's Hottest Commodities (Indi Hartwell and Persia Pirotta)
Debbie Keitel and Lyra Valkyria vs. Liverbirds (Angel Haze and Eliza Alexander)
NXT_Worlds_Collide_logo_2022.png
NXT WORLDS COLLIDE EVENT LINED UP
A long rumored event ever since the formations of NXT Japan, NXT Mexico and NXT India along with WWE UK and NXT known as worlds collide has long been reported now seems like it is coming closer to light with every passing day. Believed to be scheduled to be a team and point based event with a set number of representatives from each brand competing. While a date for this event has yet to be confirmed, we know that now a 6th brand will be joining and taking part in world's collide. This of course being the soon to be announced NXT Australia brand.
ZCRo8t.gif
NXT AUSTRALIA CONFIRMED
In some exciting news which has been seen as a long time coming by many. It has now been revealed that an offshoot of NXT will soon be kicking off in Australia. This will feature a variety of the best talents from both Australia as well as New Zealand and other countries from Oceana. A series of tapings have already been filmed with champions being crowned. The current roster for the brand has been revealed and is as followed.

Alex Lee ~ General Manager
Dahlia Black ~ Color Commentator
David Dunn ~ Play by Play Announcer
Frankie B ~ Backstage Correspondent
Steve McCleary ~ Ring Announcer

Aaron Henare
Adam Brooks - Splitting time between WWE UK and NXT Australia
Bronson Reed
Buddy Murphy
Caveman Ugg
Damian Slater
Duke Hudson
Dylan James
El Australiano
Grayson Waller
Jake Andrewartha
Jude London
Justin Gabriel
Kyle Fletcher - Splitting time between WWE UK and NXT Australia
Marcius Pitt
Mark Davis - Splitting time between WWE UK and NXT Australia
Mikey Nicholls
Paris Da Silva
Robbie Eagles
Royce Chambers
Sean Kustom
Shane Thorne
Slex
Stevie Filip
Tome Filip

Avary
Billie Kay
Charlie Evans
Cherry Stephens
Dakota Kai - Splitting time between NXT Australia and WWE UK
Delta
Emma
Harley Cameron
Indi Hartwell - Splitting time between NXT Australia and WWE UK
Jessica Troy
Kingsley
Lena Kross
Madison Eagles
Persia Pirotta - Splitting time between NXT Australia and WWE UK
Peyton Royce
Rhea Ripley - Splitting time between NXT and WWE UK
Shazza McKenzie
Tarlee
Toni Storm - Splitting time between NXT Australia and WWE UK

NXT Australia Heavyweight Champion: Buddy Murphy
NXT Australia Zero Gravity Champion: Robbie Eagles
NXT Australia Tag Team Champions: Damian Slater and Marcius Pitt
NXT Australia Women's Champion: Peyton Royce

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy Mustang

DTP

Reaction score
WWE UK – May 25, 2020:

I can truly see how fleshed out the roster is by the use of the dark match. I’ve never really seen much of the Smoking Aces, but know all too well about Callum Newman and Nathan Frazer. The right team won as I believe Newman and Frazer are still perhaps a little too new to the game. Big things could be coming some day, though.

I maybe would have reserved the promo for later in the show, and built up suspense about what the impending announcements could be about. Nonetheless, I do like the real world-building circumstances of this brand. I think it went a little too long in length, and could have been cut down some. Anthony Ogogo is someone I would not have suspected to be a fitting authority figure, but I am actually here for it. He’s got the star power down from his boxing career, and considering how long he’s strived to try it as an active wrestler in AEW, I’d definitely say he’s better off in a non-wrestler capacity.

Kanji going over Santana Garrett was logical, as I can see the wheels are in motion for establishing a unique women’s division for the brand. I’m not sure how I feel about Triple Threat matches with minimal build, but in the modern era where a lot of these things happen with little explanation, it works here. I’m definitely a traditionalist in the sense of preferring singles matches, so this is definitely a personal thing.

Angelico’s push resuming after the WWE European Championship Tournament is fine, though admittedly I’ve no idea who Tate Mayfairs is. Nice timely reference with the Joey Essex name-drop though.

I’m eagerly awaiting Gabriel Kidd’s explosion onto the scene in due course. He’s fantastic in his current role as a Bullet Club War Dog.

Suge D’s cameo is cute, considering what he was doing in AEW with Chris Jericho at the time. Teoman with the win was fine, and considering how little NXT UK did with him, I’d be curious to see what plans you have for him.

I would like to see a fairytale ending for Tegan Nox where she becomes WWE UK Women’s Championship. She is such a natural fit for the United Kingdom product, not just because she’s Welsh; but also because she is a naturally wholesome underdog.

I’m not a huge fan of the Workhorsemen, so I could have given or taken their win over the Grizzled Young Veterans. GYV have a much higher glass ceiling, as far as I’m concerned. Glad to see Kip Sabian aligned with them too, even if he may be a little too prettyboy for the likes of Zack Gibson and James Drake. It built well to Gibson’s heel turn, and I suspect he may be in for a solid push to the top of the WWE UK roster before long.

I would have main evented with GUNTHER and Shelton Benjamin, if I’m honest, as the sole title being contested on the show. The WWE European Championship was obviously not about to change so swiftly, but it was a win establishing GUNTHER at the helm of the division.

Michael Oku has a big future ahead of him, and this read like a fine enough expository look at what he can do.

The main event was what it was, as I’ve not really been impressed by Candy Floss in the times I’ve seen her. Lana Austin is pretty hit-or-miss, too, I find. It’s still a storyline and a gimmick match, though, so it probably fits well enough in the main event of this show. The House of Couture defeating Floss and Laura Di Matteo made for a decent enough contest.

WWE UK – June 1, 2020:

I like the progressive build to Lyra Valkyria making her debut as a WWE UK Superstar. I’d push her straight off the bat, purely down to her mystique. Come to think about it, she and Cara Noir are remarkably similar.

It’s a pretty breezy gig for Session Moth Martina making weekly appearances for the Beer Garden segment. Pretty creative bit, really. Nice address by Zack Gibson to set up an impending program with his former partner. I’d love to see James Drake make some real waves in this, as I feel he has so much potential. That said, I would not be surprised to see him used a speedbump to build up Gibson, who unquestionably is the more charismatic of the two.

Kay Lee Ray with the win was logical, as Hyan suffers another loss. I feel like we could have done with another woman used in this role to eat the fall to KLR.

I have to wonder the rationality of Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel’s backstage attacks this past two weeks. Surely Anthony Ogogo should be laying down the law, right?

Nathan Cruz is an underrated veteran name that I believe fell through the cracks due to timing in the popularity of British wrestling. Him going over Levi Muir worked fine, and I feel like Muir’s time will come in the distant future, too. From everything I’ve seen of him, he’s not a bad worker.

I’m not too keen on Mariah May coming into WWE UK as an active worker with just one year of experience, though with the WWE UK Performance Center assumingly in progress, it makes sense. With the Women’s UK Rumble, some names are sure to be lesser known due to the clear lack of established female talents on your roster. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few names from the main roster pop up either.

I’m waiting for that Gabriel Kidd snap, before long. I like Doug Williams as a veteran type who also handles commentary duties on the side. I suspect a match will come between them down the line.

Michael Oku continues to rack up wins, and I do like the classy character that he possesses in shaking hands with Jack Morris.

I think we have seen that GUNTHER doesn’t necessarily need a mouthpiece, but it certainly helps to have someone the likes of Nigel McGuinness handling the talking on behalf of the WWE European Champion.

Aussie Open retaining the WWE UK Tag Team Championship worked fine for me, and I do like the name Team Whitewolf for A-Kid and Carlos Romo.

Not a bad few weeks of television, gearing some things up for the UK Rumble. As a side note, I’m astonished by how this world has the global NXT expansion come to fruition. The British Bulldog Tag Team Classic is a cute name for something that can serve as the women’s division’s version of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, I suppose. It is one tournament after another it seems, but the expansive roster base kind of dictates the need for it. That said, I can’t help but feel like you have so much talent at your disposal it can be quite difficult to keep track of at times.

I also would not be adverse to learning more about NXT Australia, NXT India, NXT Japan and the likes.

Shade

Reaction score
WWE UK – May 25, 2020:

I can truly see how fleshed out the roster is by the use of the dark match. I’ve never really seen much of the Smoking Aces, but know all too well about Callum Newman and Nathan Frazer. The right team won as I believe Newman and Frazer are still perhaps a little too new to the game. Big things could be coming some day, though.

I maybe would have reserved the promo for later in the show, and built up suspense about what the impending announcements could be about. Nonetheless, I do like the real world-building circumstances of this brand. I think it went a little too long in length, and could have been cut down some. Anthony Ogogo is someone I would not have suspected to be a fitting authority figure, but I am actually here for it. He’s got the star power down from his boxing career, and considering how long he’s strived to try it as an active wrestler in AEW, I’d definitely say he’s better off in a non-wrestler capacity.

Kanji going over Santana Garrett was logical, as I can see the wheels are in motion for establishing a unique women’s division for the brand. I’m not sure how I feel about Triple Threat matches with minimal build, but in the modern era where a lot of these things happen with little explanation, it works here. I’m definitely a traditionalist in the sense of preferring singles matches, so this is definitely a personal thing.

Angelico’s push resuming after the WWE European Championship Tournament is fine, though admittedly I’ve no idea who Tate Mayfairs is. Nice timely reference with the Joey Essex name-drop though.

I’m eagerly awaiting Gabriel Kidd’s explosion onto the scene in due course. He’s fantastic in his current role as a Bullet Club War Dog.

Suge D’s cameo is cute, considering what he was doing in AEW with Chris Jericho at the time. Teoman with the win was fine, and considering how little NXT UK did with him, I’d be curious to see what plans you have for him.

I would like to see a fairytale ending for Tegan Nox where she becomes WWE UK Women’s Championship. She is such a natural fit for the United Kingdom product, not just because she’s Welsh; but also because she is a naturally wholesome underdog.

I’m not a huge fan of the Workhorsemen, so I could have given or taken their win over the Grizzled Young Veterans. GYV have a much higher glass ceiling, as far as I’m concerned. Glad to see Kip Sabian aligned with them too, even if he may be a little too prettyboy for the likes of Zack Gibson and James Drake. It built well to Gibson’s heel turn, and I suspect he may be in for a solid push to the top of the WWE UK roster before long.

I would have main evented with GUNTHER and Shelton Benjamin, if I’m honest, as the sole title being contested on the show. The WWE European Championship was obviously not about to change so swiftly, but it was a win establishing GUNTHER at the helm of the division.

Michael Oku has a big future ahead of him, and this read like a fine enough expository look at what he can do.

The main event was what it was, as I’ve not really been impressed by Candy Floss in the times I’ve seen her. Lana Austin is pretty hit-or-miss, too, I find. It’s still a storyline and a gimmick match, though, so it probably fits well enough in the main event of this show. The House of Couture defeating Floss and Laura Di Matteo made for a decent enough contest.

WWE UK – June 1, 2020:

I like the progressive build to Lyra Valkyria making her debut as a WWE UK Superstar. I’d push her straight off the bat, purely down to her mystique. Come to think about it, she and Cara Noir are remarkably similar.

It’s a pretty breezy gig for Session Moth Martina making weekly appearances for the Beer Garden segment. Pretty creative bit, really. Nice address by Zack Gibson to set up an impending program with his former partner. I’d love to see James Drake make some real waves in this, as I feel he has so much potential. That said, I would not be surprised to see him used a speedbump to build up Gibson, who unquestionably is the more charismatic of the two.

Kay Lee Ray with the win was logical, as Hyan suffers another loss. I feel like we could have done with another woman used in this role to eat the fall to KLR.

I have to wonder the rationality of Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel’s backstage attacks this past two weeks. Surely Anthony Ogogo should be laying down the law, right?

Nathan Cruz is an underrated veteran name that I believe fell through the cracks due to timing in the popularity of British wrestling. Him going over Levi Muir worked fine, and I feel like Muir’s time will come in the distant future, too. From everything I’ve seen of him, he’s not a bad worker.

I’m not too keen on Mariah May coming into WWE UK as an active worker with just one year of experience, though with the WWE UK Performance Center assumingly in progress, it makes sense. With the Women’s UK Rumble, some names are sure to be lesser known due to the clear lack of established female talents on your roster. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few names from the main roster pop up either.

I’m waiting for that Gabriel Kidd snap, before long. I like Doug Williams as a veteran type who also handles commentary duties on the side. I suspect a match will come between them down the line.

Michael Oku continues to rack up wins, and I do like the classy character that he possesses in shaking hands with Jack Morris.

I think we have seen that GUNTHER doesn’t necessarily need a mouthpiece, but it certainly helps to have someone the likes of Nigel McGuinness handling the talking on behalf of the WWE European Champion.

Aussie Open retaining the WWE UK Tag Team Championship worked fine for me, and I do like the name Team Whitewolf for A-Kid and Carlos Romo.

Not a bad few weeks of television, gearing some things up for the UK Rumble. As a side note, I’m astonished by how this world has the global NXT expansion come to fruition. The British Bulldog Tag Team Classic is a cute name for something that can serve as the women’s division’s version of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, I suppose. It is one tournament after another it seems, but the expansive roster base kind of dictates the need for it. That said, I can’t help but feel like you have so much talent at your disposal it can be quite difficult to keep track of at times.

I also would not be adverse to learning more about NXT Australia, NXT India, NXT Japan and the likes.
Mate, you are an absolute star for the two reviews. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this for myself. Thank you :). Starting out by saying if you get a chance check out the pair of Charlie Sterling and Nick Riley aka the Smoking Aces. I go to Progress shows monthly and I see them quite regularly, They are a great heel tag team both in the ring and as characters. That is a fair point about the positioning of the promo segment to open the first show, I think the reason I kicked off with it to be honest with you was I really wanted to encapsulate that this is a new era for the UK Brand with a new sheriff in charge. I can definitely see what you meant about it being a bit long or drawn out, I think I had so much I wanted to cover while establishing the exact kind of authority figure I want Anthony Ogogo to be, there was probably a few things I could have condensed down slightly. Also as a traditionalist myself, I'm totally onboard with your point about singles matches as opposed to triple threats or multi person contests. With this match my hope was to introduce Santana and Hyan to the audience while also giving Kanji her second win. So that was my slight justification with the bout.

Again as a slight recommendation, I'd suggest check Tate out if you get a chance. He plays quite a slimy detestable heel who is both capable of being a serious threat and a comedic low level heel in need of a slap. Can see your point with the Workhorsemen/GYV match. I can understand that especially as a UK project seeing the GYV fall maybe strange. But I do have quite a cool story coming out of this which I hope everyone will enjoy. Also in hindsight I do agree that Gunther maybe should have ended the show. I think my rationale at the time of writing was it was a predictable contest unlike the tag team match which had a fair bit of history around it. Which is why I made that option, but with hindsight being what it is, I probably should have kicked off with the tag and closed with the European title clash. Side note, you hit the nail on the head about Lyra Valkyria, she is someone I am very high on and I do have a lot of big plans for. It's just a case of when to pull the trigger so to speak.

Session Moth's role is a bit laid back I will admit. I'm sure it's expected for her to be a little more boisterous and this is something that I'll definitely be working on in my project. Hyan losing again may seem a little peculiar but I do promise it is not a case of her eating needless defeats. There is a method for my madness with Hyan. Mariah May's inclusion may seem weird but it's been a slight time coming as she's been a long running valet for Team Whitewolf and I mentioned in the past on shows on the old forum this was on she was looking to wrestle herself. I will be playing up her inexperience in someways though as we will see in future stories. I'm glad you really like the two shows and the build we've had so far for the UK Rumbles. I know there's been a lot of changes and new faces, so I appreciate you reading and reviewing both shows. Glad you are a fan of the expansion, I've long had a goal to book a territory system so it's awesome that I've almost been able to do so here. With the tournament, I understand it seems a bit soon with the Euro tournament just being concluded. This was a tournament like the Euro which was long in the pipeline. It was more a case of timeline, the good news is there's quite a bit of time between the Euro final and the opening round special of the bulldogs tag team classic. So hopefully it won't seem like AEW which has bounded tournament after tournament. Also in closing will say, my goal at some stage is to do some recaps and write ups for those other NXTs :) Just want to say thanks again for your time here bro, I really appreciate it!

Last edited:
Reactions: DTP

Shade

Reaction score
laFvP4j.png
WWE UK
NEXT SHOW PREVIEW
TORNADO TAG MATCH
Australia's Hottest Commodities (Indi Hartwell and Persia Pirotta) vs. Dakota Kai and Piper Niven

In a grudge match announced to feature on this coming week's show. We know that finally the conflict between Australia's Hottest Commodities and the pairing of Dakota Kai and Piper Niven will come to an end. This bout and the bad blood between it had began during the battle of control between Wade Barrett and Katarina Leigh. During this time the budding social media influencers Indi Hartwell and Persia Pirotta very much have rubbed many of the locker room the wrong way with their arrogance. This includes veterans Dakota Kai and Piper Niven who have sworn to humble pair. What will happen when these two teams do battle in a tornado tag team clash?
FORMER PARTNERS COLLIDE
James Drake vs. Zack Gibson

The Grizzled Young Veterans will do battle this week in a grudge match between former partners. For months now fans have seen a new, aggressive mentality to Zack Gibson who has expressed and voiced his frustration at his place on the card. This frustration appeared to boil over two weeks ago when Zack snapped and beatdown former friend Kip Sabian before fully disbandoning the Grizzled Young Veterans when he attacked his own partner James Drake. Since then Drake has attacked Gibson in retaliation of his attack which has led to this matches creation where we will see who is the true Grizzled Young Veteran.
EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Gunther (c) vs. Joseph Conners

The European Championship will be on the line for this week's show as well as Gunther battles Joseph Conners. With there being reports and rumors of Joseph Conners status with Wonderland. It appears the Cheshire is going out on his own in an attempt to appease his queen. In order to do so he is challenging the unbeaten European Champion Gunther. A highly dominant and dangerous competitor who has destroyed his opposition so far. Gunther is coming into this bout with a world of confidence despite opposing a very dangerous and unorthodox opponent. Will we see a new champion crowned?
SINGLES MATCH
Jurn Simmons vs. Michael Oku

Since the WWE European Title tournament, we have seen several competitors from the tournament compete as official members of the UK Roster. One standout from the tournament who has so far gone 2-0 since the tournament is "The OJMO" Michael Oku. The submission specialist who prides himself as the master of the single leg crab will take on his biggest and most dominant threat to date. As standing across from him will be the powerhouse of the Wonderland sect known as "The Knave" Jurn Simmons. Will Oku keep up his winning record or will he be the latest to fall to Isla Dawn and Wonderland?
PROVING GROUNDS
Kid Lykos vs. Nathan Frazier

Two WWE UK performance center standouts will also do battle this week in a preview for the WWE UK Rumble. In a match touted as a proving grounds contest these two standouts will look to show the WWE UK fans exactly what to expect from them in the future. In one corner you have a man some astute WWE UK fans will remember as part of CCK Kid Lykos who is returning to the ring after near retirement due to injuries and he will battle a man who is a protege of former WWE Champion Seth Rollins, Nathan Frazier. With both competitors noted for their fast paced action, fans can expect this to be a fun, exciting contest between two hungry stars.
SINGLES MATCH
Angelico vs. Mike D Vecchio

Another singles clash will see Angelico who like mentioned with Michael Oku earlier, was a standout of the WWE European title tournament in action. The talented South African who is also coming off a win two weeks ago, will be in action against a recent WWE UK signing Mike D Vecchio. The Italian powerhouse will be looking to prove something to himself, WWE management and all the fans in attendance as he looks to upset Angelico. In turn the South African native will look to continue impressing all the fans in attendance especially those of the female persuasion. Will we see an upset or will Angelico continue to rise?

Shade

Reaction score
wwe-then-now-forever.gif
laFvP4j.png

WWE UK
EPISODE #135 | 08/06/20
Devil may care

BT Sports Studio | London, England
Commentary Team ~ John Gooden and Wade Barrett
MCi0S.gif
DARK MATCH: BLAIR DAVENPORT VS. MARIA DE LA ROSA

wwe-wwe-nxt.gif

Starting out the evening would be a singles match in the women's division between two trainees at the WWE UK Performance Center. In one corner you had Spain's Maria De La Rosa, a young prospect with a world of potential. While opposing her would be "The Harrogate Ripper" Blair Davenport, an experienced veteran with a borderline sadistic reputation. Unfortunately for the plucky babyface this contest was near enough all Davenport as she tortured Maria throughout the bout. In the end Davenport would pick up the victory following a Falcon Arrow!

WINNER: BLAIR DAVENPORT
giphy.gif
As always it is the song of Dear Life by Chasing Cadence which starts the festivities for the evening. Along with this is a video package which details several of the key events from the show previous. Starting with the confrontation between former partners James Drake and Zack Gibson, The video culminates with Aussie Open retaining their championships against Team White Wolf. With that the officially opens from inside the BT Studios in London, England. Before a small but lively audience in attendance, our commentary team of Wade Barrett and John Gooden run through tonight's card showing a little more cohesion between the pair before sending us to ringside.

As always our trip to the Session Moth Beer Garden begins to the beat of Everytime we touch by Cascada. Clearly with this being the third edition of her show, Martina has either gotten a better budget or stolen some lights from somewhere. This is because with the lights in the building slightly dimmed for an impromptu dance session, Martina's grooving is completed by some color changes LED lights inside the ring. At the conclusion of the song and dance, an out of breath Martina asks everyone to give her a second to catch her breath. Joking that she needs to focus more on her cardio, Martina with prompting from the fans in attendance then takes a long swig of her can of brewdog before she takes a seat on one of the chairs by a table in her beer garden. Saying that she is two weeks into this gig and surprisingly she's not yet been cancelled or mucked it up.

Martina says that tonight's show potentially could be her best one yet. Because as a serious journalist, she would like to focus on something topical. A small smarkish chant comes from the crowd for Journal Moth Martina as she reaches into her jacket pocket and produces a broken pair of reading glasses which have no lenses. Martina says that tonight she will be conducting a special, exclusive interview with a woman whom she has known for many years. Saying that her actions as of late have not been the same person she spent months at a time with in Japan and that last week, her actions shocked Martina to her core so much she turned down shots on a night out which is absolutely unheard of. So with that in mind Martina calls her guest out for the evening.. Toni Storm!

The crowd boos as Toni Storm marches out from the back and down to the ring to the tune of Born to Follow by Bon Jovi. Storm appears to be in a foul mood as she climbs in the ring and totally snubs Martina's attempt to offer her a handshake. Outright refusing any attempt at pleasantries with Martina, Storm says that similar to Zack Gibson last week she is not here tonight to play nice or make friends with anyone. Instead she is lowering herself to being temporarily associated with someone as crass, uncivilized and disgusting as Martina. Instead of being annoyed by these comments Martina only seems to be spurred on as she cracks open another can and takes a hearty swig before toasting Toni. Storm is undaunted by this as she says that she is sick and tired of hearing how she is a so called turncoat. Saying that all Toni has ever done in wrestling is what serves her best interests. Storm says that she didn't turn on anyone when she aligned with Wade Barrett.

Instead what she did was the same as what she always does. She got rid of the deadweight in her life and the things holding her back in order to get ahead. However now she finds that even with a lot of the deadweight gone, there is a piece still sticking around. Calling what she did to Xia Brookside last week her attempt to cut away the parasites that surrounded her. Toni Storm begins to show a delusional aspect to her personality as she begins to blame Toni Storm for anything and everything which has happened to her since becoming apart of the UK Brand. Saying that she will not rest now until this parasite has been removed all together, Toni hopes that Xia Brookside figures it out sooner than later that she does not belong here. Calling her a hire of nepotism, Toni says that despite what she thinks this business is not her birthright. In fact this business wants nothing to do with her because she is a disgrace to it and her very own lineage.

These harsh insults bring out Xia Brookside to loud cheers from the crowd. Brookside appears to be quite fired up as she makes her way down to the ring. In the ring Toni Storm calls out for security to come to her aid but Martina reveals that as Toni never let her speak. Martina wasn't able to finish by announcing that Xia Brookside would also be a guest on tonight's show to address her attacker. Storm is not impressed with this as Xia Brookside then speaks up saying that part of her wanted to come out here and return Storm's attack last week with one of her own. But on hearing Toni Storm's delusions earlier, Xia Brookside said that she has come out here now to look Toni Storm in the eyes and speak to her face to face. Admitting that being the daughter of a UK wrestling icon is tough and she found a lot of people debating whether she was here on her own merit or that of her fathers. Saying that one person who never did that before was Toni Storm.

Candidly Xia admits that when she first got to the brand it was a case of too much too soon for her and that she needed a lot of work. Xia says only a few women were willing to acknowledge her and help her. One of those women who would gradually become one of her closest friends was Toni Storm. Yet over the last few months she has watched a bitterness in Toni Storm fester and corrupt her and turn her into a totally different person. Saying that when the UK women's division started out Toni Storm was looked at as a potential face of the division but has never quite reached that level. Xia Brookside said that it was insecurity on Storm's part which held her back and had she spoken to her friends and to Xia, they would have done anything that they could to have helped her. But instead Toni has thrown everything away and become this delusional, embittered person. Xia admits that she doesn't hate Toni Storm instead she pities her.

This enrages Storm who says that Xia has no right to feel anything towards her. Calling Xia a weak little girl who could never quite defend herself on her own. Toni says that when it comes to it she is the predator and Xia is always going to be the prey. That is the circle of life in the animal kingdom and that is the story of life as part of the WWE UK Brand. In response to this Xia Brookside says that if Toni is so confident that Xia doesn't belong here and that it is her place to show her that, then why doesn't she do something about it. Looking to the WWE UK Rumble which is a short time away, Xia Brookside says that she has heard today that Toni was entering the match and so was she. Xia says that next week they should play for all the marbles so to speak. A one on one match between the pair and the loser not only loses their place in the UK Rumble but they leave the WWE UK Brand! With a smug smirk on her face, Toni Storm accepts this proposal before she leaves the ring. As Xia remains stationed in the ring, Session Moth Martina brings this latest edition of the Beer Garden to a close.
MATCH #1: GUNTHER (c) W/NIGEL MCGUINNESS VS. JOSEPH CONNERS ~ EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP

Opening the show would be a European Championship match as Gunther defended his championship against "The Cheshire" Joseph Conners. Bizarrely while the Wonderland group weren't at ringside for this match, the collective of Isla Dawn, Teoman, Jayde and Jurn Simmons all stood atop the ramp watching this bout. Unfortunately for Joseph Conners while his unorthodox approach may have given him some early opportunities. It wouldn't take long for the brute force of Gunther to take over and it wouldn't be long before Gunther destroyed Joseph Conners with a lariat. As he did so we'd see the Wonderland group all turn their back and head backstage in disgust. Meanwhile in the ring Gunther followed up with a ripcord lariat on Conners before making the match winning cover.

Andy Shepherd: And the winner of the match and still champion... Gunther!

The crowd boos as the announcement is made and the official begins to check on Joseph Conners. Despite Conners being motionless on the canvas, Gunther and Nigel McGuinness can be heard ordering official Thomas Scarborough to raise his hand first. Scarborough would do so under this intimidation before he'd check on the motionless Conners, as he did so the referee would call for some medical assistance. Standing by and observing the scene would be the stoic Austrian as his associate Nigel McGuinness presented him his title. Standing over the downed Conners, Gunther then raised his title in the air when...

Much to the shock of the crowd in attendance Rampage Brown would storm out from the back and make a beeline to the ring. The Ring General for his part would seem very annoyed if not outright angry at this interruption. His eyes firmly locked on the European Champion, Rampage Brown is all business as he meets Gunther's cold stare with one of his own. Looking to gain control of the matter Nigel McGuinness would begin to look to calm his associate down while Brown entered the ring. Standing across from Gunther, Brown's stare would divert to the European Championship. With a scowl on his face Gunther then raised the title in the air as Brown could be heard yelling that he'll see him real soon.
~ CHOICES ~

Following the first match of the evening the cameras direct us to the office of The Guvnor Anthony Ogogo. Ogogo is soon joined in his office by the Commonwealth Champion Kassius Ohno. The pair quickly shake hands as Ogogo makes it clear that he holds a lot of respect for Kassius Ohno. Reminding everyone that the Commonwealth championship in the past has been seen as an unnoficial title. Anthony Ogogo says that in his mind it is a title as prestigious as any other so from this point onwards he is deeming that the Commonwealth Championship be a fully recognized title with this brand. Calling Kassius a true workman champion who has shown willing to take on all comers. Ogogo says that he considers it quite the honor to tell Ohno that for tonight he can face any opponent of his choosing. Kassius however being a proud champion says that he isn't here to pick and choose who he faces, so if Anthony is happy to do so he'd like to turn the pick over to himself. With an impressed nod Anthony takes a moment to think before he smiles and says he respects that decision and in turn he'll meet a bold choice like that with reward. So tonight he'll give Kassius a match he knows that Ohno will appreciate as he will compete in a World of Sports rules match against Doug Williams!
~THE BLACK SWAN ~

Entrance.gif

Cara Noir is coming!
~ RETALIATION ~

sB-V1J.gif

Pre show footage is then shown of Ilja Dragunov arriving to the building for tonight's show. Dragunov is intense and clearly fired up when he is approached by new backstage correspondent Simon Miller. Dragunov is all business as Miller asks him how he is feeling following the attack he suffered two weeks ago. Dragunov says he is battered and bruised but that is not an uncommon feeling from the wars he has been in. Physical pain to him is an old friend but what he cannot stand is knowing a man he respects Joe Hendry is not cleared to compete in the UK Rumble because of the assault he suffered. With that Dragunov cuts this interview short by making it clear that he will bring a stop to the Throne!
MATCH #2: JURN SIMMONS W/TEOMAN VS. MICHAEL OKU

Match two of the evening would see the Wonderland collective all return to ringside as "The Knave" Jurn Simmons battled Michael Oku in singles action. This match would definitely be a styles clash as Jurn Simmons looked to rag doll and throw Oku across the ring while Oku looked to use his technical abilities to keep Jurn Simmons at bay. Unfortunately for Oku, the power would be quite the difference maker as Simmons threw Oku across the ring on several occasions and came close to putting him away with a spinning Sidewalk slam. Unfortunately for Jurn, his powerful display would be cut short when Michael Oku managed to catch him with a school boy roll up for the victory!

The crowd cheers as a victorious Michael Oku hops to his feet and has his arm raised by the referee. Looking round at ringside and seeing a livid Isla Dawn glaring into the ring, Michael Oku wisely takes a quick exit from the ring. As he does so Isla Dawn slowly turns her back on the ring while a dejected Jurn Simmons takes a knee. Jayde tries to speak with Dawn to no avail as she shakes her head in disgust. Before Jurn can climb to his feet he is blasted with a sickening chair shot to the back by Teoman. Jurn falls to the canvas and the livid Teoman follows up with several more vicious shots on Jurn before tossing the chair to the mat. Teoman then joins his queen outside the ring before the Wonderland Trio head backstage.
~ REPRECUSSIONS ~

Quickly the cameras rush to the hallway of the arena where a mob of security is stationed by. We quickly see "The Guvnor" Anthony Ogogo arriving on the scene while an angered Ilja Dragunov is swinging a chair wildly. Dragunov's rage is directed at the quartet of Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas, Drew Gulak and Tony Nese who are accompanied by Maria Kanellis. This group are all gathered while an angered Anthony Ogogo notices in the distance a beaten down Mark Andrews and Morgan Webster. On learning this was the actions of the Throne, Ogogo orders Maria and her group to leave the building at once. From here he has security take Dragunov away to cool down before he demands medics check on Andrews and Webster. As the cameras cut away, we see in the distance an anxious Eddie Dennis handing some business cards to local wrestlers.
~ I SEE ~

The cameras then take us to another part of the building where "The White Rabbit" Jayde is preparing to head to the exit of the arena. As she does so however she is surprised to be confronted by Kay Lee Ray. Ray calls tonight a busy one for Wonderland as they are seemingly thinning the herd so to speak. Jayde remains calm and quite chipper as she says that her job is to share the rulings of her Queen. She is not here to question her orders or judgement, in response to this Kay Lee Ray steps closer to Jayde and tells her that she'd like her to pass on a message to Isla. Calling Nikki Cross a close friend, Kay Lee Ray says she also knows what Isla is doing or more specifically looking for and she will stop her!
~ INTRODUCTIONS ~

Before the third match of the evening can take place. A sit down interview conducted earlier this week by John Gooden is played. Gooden is joined this evening by the pair of Asher Hale and JD Drake. The veteran pair known as the Work Horsemen are full of respect and praise for what they've seen so far in WWE UK. JD Drake says that they are here to show they belong with the best teams across the world and that they will take on anyone and everyone until they get there. Showing a little more confidence on the team's behalf, Asher makes it clear that they've worked too hard and come too far to come up short in their quest. With that the duo make it known that they are not just here to take part but that they are here for the tag team titles!
MATCH #3: JAMES DRAKE VS. ZACK GIBSON

The third bout of the night would see former partner's collide as James Drake and Zack Gibson did battle. As one might expect with the bad blood brewing between this pair this was a hard fought clash which really tested the leniency of referee Oscar Harding. Brawling in the ring and around the ringside area we'd see all parts of the ring used as a weapon including the ring apron and posts. For most of the bout James Drake very much seemed to be getting the better of his partner until a ducked clothesline saw Drake go shoulder first into the ring post. This allowed Gibson to follow up with a Helter Skelter dropping Drake across the side of the ring apron. Hitting the apron with a loud thud, James Drake fell to the floor in pain and could be heard screaming out as his writhed on the ground. Rolling into the ring Gibson seemed content with taking a count out victory as the referee would be left with no choice but to count out James Drake.

Andy Shepherd: And the winner of the match as a result of a count out Zack Gibson!

The crowd boos as the announcement is made and Zack Gibson has his arm raised. While Zack Gibson celebrates his win, medics and officials rush down to the ringside area to tend to James Drake who remains down on the ringside area.
~ WELCOME WAGON ~

The cameras then direct us to the hallway of the building where a dejected Hyan is looking to make her way to the locker room area. On her journey however Hyan is surprised to find herself met by Tegan Nox. With a smile on her face, Tegan praises Hyan's efforts so far in the UK Brand. Telling Hyan to hold her head up high and know she has nothing to be ashamed about. Tegan's words seem to work as Hyan smiles and thanks her for the encouragement. Saying that she wants nothing more than to prove herself, now she has had an idea on how to do so. Which is why she is challenging Tegan Nox to a match next week. Nox appears caught off guard by this but Hyan says Tegan is someone she holds a lot of respect for and would consider it an honor to face her. In response to this Tegan smiles and nods her head before accepting the challenge.
~ INTRODUCTIONS ~

A sit down interview hosted from earlier in the evening is then played as Joanna Rose is joined by Kid Lykos and Nathan Frazier. Talking to the two standouts about the UK Rumble, Joanna calls this the duos big moment to introduce themselves to the fans in attendance. While the humble Frazier says he is excited about this moment and looks forward to showing the fans of WWE UK exactly what he is capable of. It doesn't take long for this interview to be hijacked by a livid Kid Lykos. Disrespected at being asked to reintroduce himself to a fickle fanbase. Lykos calls himself a pioneer of the WWE UK tag team scene, saying he doesn't have to introduce himself to anyone as the world should already know who he is. Lykos storms off the set saying that tonight's match isn't an introduction it is both a reminder and correction of how good Kid Lykos is and how wrong WWE has been by leaving him in the performance center.
~ ENCOURAGEMENT ~

Footage filmed by fan fam is shown from earlier in the day and it focuses on Angelico making his arrival to the building. The ladies man is quick to admire several female fans outside the building before he begins to strut his way into the building. Dancing and walking his way through the building a smirking Angelico soon stops as he comes across Katherine Darcy. Flirtly Angelico asks Katherine Darcy what brings her to the building this week before he invites her to be in his corner. Curiously Darcy seems to consider this offer while Angelico chuckles and says if she's worried about Nathan, then she can at least watch his match backstage on the TVs.
~ DECLARATION ~

Backstage%2BTalk%2B1.gif

Just before the next contest of the evening can begin, a pre taped promo is then shown with "The Bruiserweight" Pete Dunne. Pete Dunne says he heard Trent Seven's talk last week and he pledges to make the world see that British Strong Style is nothing without him. Saying that he will make it his mission to disband and destroy his creation. Pete Dunne says he hopes as he does so that Millie and Tyler recognize the parasite that they have aligned themselves with. Closing out this promo, Pete Dunne says that with that in mind he will be entering the WWE UK Rumble!
MATCH #4: KID LYKOS VS. NATHAN FRAZIER

The fourth bout of the night would be a proving ground match between Kid Lykos and Nathan Frazier. This would be a fast paced, all action contest as Nathan Frazier flew across the ring at points with Lykos doing his upmost to keep up. Chock full of high octane action and some impressive high flying moves from both men. It seemed like both had truly gone out of their way to prove something to one another and the UK fans. This would culminate with both men being up on the top rope and battling for position before it being unclear who due to the position but both men would crash to the canvas in a swinging neckbreaker position as the match reached it's ten minute time limit!

With the crowd voicing their disapproval of such before Andy Shepherd can make this announcement. Chants for five more minutes echo through the building. It would be then that Andy Shepherd would announce that he'd received information from backstage that this match would be allotted 5 more minutes. The second this was announced Kid Lykos pounced on Frazier punishing him with strikes. This would be until Frazier managed to mount a come back against Lykos and nearly put him away with a reverse hurricanrana. Again this would be a back and forth clash with both men evenly matched and towards the final minute of the bout desperation would start to kick in. With numerous pin fall attempts traded back and forth and multiple near falls. As the crowd were on their feet, the bell would ring once more as the time limit had been reached.

Andy Shepherd: Ladies and Gentleman... This contest is a time limit draw.

The crowd despite the result remain on their feet as they applaud the efforts of both Kid Lykos and Nathan Frazier. The pair are both exhausted as they stand in the center of the ring across from one another. It appears that there is a bond of respect formed between the two as they exchange glances and nods of the head. Slowly Nathan Frazier offers Kid Lykos a handshake, Lykos contemplates this offer while the crowd cheers for him to accept the offer. Eventually Lykos reaches out and shakes Frazier's hand to a pop from the crowd but soon these cheers are brought to a halt when Lykos kicks Frazier in the balls. Frazier falls to the ground while Lykos storms to the back.
~ HARSH TRUTH ~

Following the bout, the cameras direct us to the hallway of the arena where a confrontation between the Foreign Legion and Team White Wolf is taking place. These two teams have gone back and forth for weeks now and it appears that things have finally come to a head. While a tense stare down is taking place between Clement Petiot and Carlos Romo, a heated argument is going on between Amale and Mariah May. During this heated clash Amale reveals that she is also in the UK rumble and she advises May to be gone before she gets in there. Curiously one man not interested in the heated collision was Ludwig Kaiser, in fact Kaiser seemed content to pacify the situation as he spoke with A-Kid and asked him to meet him next week when things were a little more settled.
~ LESSONS ~

Ahead of the next bout of the evening, we go to the locker room area where Doug Williams is in the process of doing some stretching. Williams is being watched intently by his pupil Gabriel Kidd. Quickly Kidd asks Doug, if he is sure he is up to this match tonight. Stopping his warm up routine, Doug turns to Kidd and he says that he knows his best days are behind him and his career in the ring is almost up. But like Shelton a few weeks previous, there are just some opportunities that cannot be turned down. Yet he is doing this tonight for more than just an opportunity for him. He has asked for Gabriel to be in his corner tonight so that even in defeat, Doug knows he's taught Gabriel another valuable lesson.
MATCH #5: ANGELICO VS. MIKE D VECCHIO

The next bout of the night would be a singles match as Angelico battled the Belgian powerhouse Mike D Vecchio. As per the usual for Angelico matches it seemed that the South African's priorities were mixed between wrestling and also finding himself the prettiest girl possible. Unfortunately for Angelico he'd find himself quickly snapped back into reality thanks to the aggression thrown his way by Mike D Vecchio. This would snap Angelico back into action and we'd see him eventually rock Mike with a bicycle kick before following with the fall of the angels for the victory.

Andy Shepherd: And the winner of the match Angelico!

The crowd cheers as the announcement is made and Angelico rises to his feet. Reverting back to his party persona, Angelico begins to perform one of his many dance routines while the cameras cut backstage and show Katherine Darcy watching the match.
~ ANNOUNCEMENTS ~

Following the fifth match of the evening, the cameras direct us to the general manager's office where Anthony Ogogo is standing by. The Guvnor of WWE UK says that he has requested this time as he has a few announcements to make for the coming week's show. Starting out by confirming that both the WWE UK Champion Finn Balor and the WWE UK Women's Champion Jinny will be in attendance as he'd like to meet with them both personally. Anthony then follows up by announcing another proving ground match for next week's show. This time the focus will be on two women from the WWE UK performance Center who have earned their place in the women's rumble as Eliza Alexander takes on Aleah James. Lastly Anthony says he has one last exciting announcement to make relating to the rumbles and this is thanks in part to some networking done by Mr. Regal and others, the UK Men and Women's Rumbles will include a couple of guests. Firstly as a representative of NXT Japan, Anthony reveals that Shigehiro Irie will be competing in the WWE UK Rumble. Following up on this, Anthony says that Irie will be in action before that as he introduces himself to fans of WWE UK. However Irie is not the only visitor that will be coming for the UK Rumble. As for the first time three standout prospects from Booker T's reality of wrestling will cross the pond. With that graphics appear on screen announcing that AQA, Alex Gracia and Bryan Keith will be competing in the WWE UK Rumbles!
~ VULTURES NESTING ~

1d740191a0c5edf3b3657587a1b720c620ec8dca.gifv

A promo video then plays on the titantron set to the song of Pretty Maids' Ka Ching. This promo package shows Spike Trivet inside his luscious manor home while staff continue to clear the debris from the Manor House Mayhem match. With a glass of champagne in his hand, Trivet is exceptionally smug as he proudly says that because of him, EC3 is no more and Spike Trivet is clearly a class above. Saying that everyone in this world is naive enough to want to be lions and the king of the jungle. Saying that lions die every day in the wild as apart of this pack mentality. Spike Trivet says it is people like him who know the true power of the kingdom by being a vulture. They sit back, they wait and then they pick away the bones of those fallen animals. Saying that he has took this time away to watch and wait for his time to swoop in, Spike Trivet says he's watched and he's waited. Now he's ready to return and pick the bones of the brand.
~ UPSTAGED ~

Right before the next bout of the evening can begin, our commentary team direct us to an altercation taking place in the parking lot of the building. Here we see a livid Nathan Cruz move his girlfriend Katherina Darcy aside as he berates Suge D. It appears that Suge D took issue with Cruz dragging Darcy from the building and this has led to this argument. Demanding that Suge D mind his own business and stay out of his way. Nathan Cruz warns Suge D to step aside or he will pay. Not impressed with Cruz's attitude or actions, the usually fun loving Suge D says that if Cruz is looking for a fight he'll see him in the ring next week!
MATCH #6: KASSIUS OHNO (c) vs. DOUG WILLIAMS - COMMONWEALTH CHAMPIONSHIP

The commonwealth Championship would be the next contest of the night as Kassius Ohno took on Doug Williams. This would be a match conducted over world of sport rules with the match split into 5 three minute rounds and victory being assigned to the first competitor who picked up either two pinfalls, two submissions or a knockout victory. This would be a match of pure wrestling from the opening bell with little aerial action as both men went back and forth with chain wrestling and exchanges. Stationed in the corner of the ring would be Gabriel Kidd as he looked to observe and learn from this bout. After two back and forth rounds we'd see Doug Williams catch Kassius Ohno with a roll up to secure the first pin fall of the match. This forced Ohno on the offensive and we'd see Ohno begin firing off heavy strikes at his opponent. As the bout reached round 4 Kassius Ohno managed to even the odds following a cyclone kick to the jaw of Williams for the fall. With the fight at one fall a piece, we'd see both men look to pick up the final pin in anyway possible. In the end however it would be a counter off of a victory roll attempt by Doug Williams which allowed Kassius Ohno to catch him in a pinning predicament for the win.

Andy Shepherd: And the winner of the match and still champion Kassius Ohno!

The crowd cheers as the announcement is made and Kassius Ohno rises to his feet. As Kassius Ohno begins to celebrate his victory, he turns to see a disappointed Doug Williams taking a knee. Ohno walks over to Doug and helps him to his feet before the pair shake hands. Meanwhile at ringside a frustrated Gabriel Kidd pounds his hands on the ring mat seeing his mentor lose.

CHARLIE DEMPSEY WILL BE IN THE UK RUMBLE!

RACHEL ELLERING WILL BE IN THE UK RUMBLE!
~ TURNING POINTS ~

A backstage promo is then played as Santana Garrett is standing by in the hallway. The wrestling veteran is quick to admit that she was disappointed with her debut a few weeks ago with that loss to Kanji. But if there is one thing that Santana has learned it's that in wrestling there are many peaks and valleys. You can't dwell on one match or result. Promising to turn her fortune around, Santana's promo is cut short by the arrival of an unimpressed Millie McKenzie. Branding Santana a loser who is taking up what should be her TV time. Refusing to be disrespected by Millie, Santana says that she'll see her in the ring next week and prove who the loser is.
~ PUT UP OR SHUT UP ~

Right before the main event, the cameras take us to the locker room area where Aussie Open are standing by. The duo of Kyle Fletcher and Mark Davis are quick to praise Team White Wolf for giving them such a fight the week previously. Saying that they showed the world once more that when it comes to tag team wrestling they are the best team that the world has. Moving on from this Aussie Open say that they are focused on what is next for them and what is next for them is their shot at singles success. Which is why the pair will both be entering the WWE UK Rumble.
MAIN EVENT: AUSTRALIA'S HOTTEST COMMODITIES (INDI HARTWELL AND PERSIA PIROTTA) VS. DAKOTA KAI AND PIPER NIVEN

Finally in the main event we'd see quite the chaotic affair as Dakota Kai and Piper Niven teamed up to face the pair of Indi Hartwell and Persia Pirotta. This bout thanks to it's tornado tag stipulations would be a chaotic affair. The match would very much be the wild brawl many would expect with the match stipulation and would take advantage of the more relaxed rules as the brawl even went as far as going through the crowd. While not as experienced as a team the veteran pairing of Dakota Kai and Piper Niven made up for that with their respective singles experience. In the crowd we'd see the women pair off with the powerhouses Niven and Pirotta fighting in one section while Kai took the fight to Indi Hartwell and managed to light her up with a variety of kicks. This would be until Indi Hartwell managed to hit a chop block on Dakota Kai. From here Indi landed a boot to the side of the head of Piper which sends her toppling over the guard rail and back into the ringside area. Showing their cohesion this pair of influencers then wasted little time using their momentum to take out Dakota Kai with a double suplex tossing her through the announcer's table. With Kai neutralized this bout turned into a handicap match in the ring and despite Niven's best efforts she'd be put down with the Clout Chaser (Russian Legsweep/Big Boot) combination for the three.

Andy Shepherd: And the winners of the match Australia's Hottest Commodities!

The crowd boos as the announcement is made and Indi Hartwell and Persia Pirotta stand tall in the center of the ring. The duo instead of having their arms raised in victory are quick to go for their phones as they start taking selfies with their fallen opponents. The show then comes to a close with Australia's Hottest Commodities standing tall in the ring.

Shade

Reaction score
laFvP4j.png
WWE UK News ~ Roster Shake ups continue ~ Rumble updates
AVvXsEibKfjoeIx8pSx8s6-RwreTe_7GWo2RgW4XLp75cuKs5ZxLLpgKSNBVW5XkBI_FE4SHOdW5nPHXg_hlvQViYu7Bxv5-7xZfiTKmYCh64srzRPvSBgDOKDP0x6WlVDpXN9CbuPdRdpgxKIz5XE3ecwzTAbtXNVQ0y5w5W82KuwuL479vtk-eJZPdLCWGbw=s16000
In some surprising news following this latest edition of the WWE UK Show. We know that both Joseph Conners and Jurn Simmons are set to depart the brand. While this maybe a surprise considering both men have been heavily featured as part of the Wonderland faction. It is believed that both men's stories have reached their conclusion in line with what WWE UK has planned for the faction. In the case of Conners, it was sadly said that over time he was lost in the shuffle and despite his commitment to the Cheshire character, Conners had very much reached his ceiling with the brand. With Jurn Simmons, it is said that Simmons while having fans in the back was unfortunately seen as having a short shelf life beyond this character. It has been noted that while the pair have officially finished up as official roster members, that the duo maybe used in a freelance capacity while the Wonderland story continues.
simon-miller-what-culture.gif
Also of note on this past show was a change with the backstage interviewers with WWE UK. With the beginning of NXT Australia confirmed, Frankie B was mentioned as a name working backstage in an interviewer role with the brand. It is said that along with working as an interviewer, Frankie B will be training at the NXT Australia performance center in the hopes of stepping into the ring. Replacing Frankie B and joining Joanna Rose in this backstage capacity will be youtuber and wrestling personality Simon Miller. Miller has been working in a hosting capacity with the UK Performance Center's Defiant shows. From this point onwards not only will Miller continue his hosting capacity with the Performance Center, but he will also become an official part of the main shows in this interviewer role.
Backstage%2BPush-Ups.gif
A surprising departure has been confirmed today as James Drake has departed WWE UK and WWE as a whole. The long time roster member and Grizzled Young Veteran stablemate finished up his WWE UK run in a defeat and injury angle against former partner Zack Gibson. The belief behind this sudden departure is that management while seeing potential in Drake as a singles competitor and considering him as a potential recruit for 205 live in the future. There was no current plans to move Drake as of yet, instead the offer was to move Drake to the UK Performance Center in a similar vain to Kip Sabian to allow him to be repackaged and freshen things up. Drake however instead elected to go out on his own and make his own name in the wrestling world which WWE UK has granted by granting him an official release.
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5a4b756c4e44576d3437676f58513d3d2d3331332e313536326233316333303130373863373236353531313838353939352e676966
A big name departure has also been confirmed of a long time mainstay in the women's division as we know Dakota Kai has finished up with the brand. The popular veteran has been apart of the brand since the UK women's tournament at the very beginning. A popular fan favorite who has earned rave reviews backstage for her work with some of the younger, lesser experienced talents. Dakota Kai is said to have made many fans in the back among WWE brass for her attitude. This is why not only have WWE management lined her up for a short excursion to NXT Australia to help build the women's division over there but have then tabbed her up for a call up on the Smackdown Brand.
386d2d58bd71b5af354dac0d33df03db.gif
The final departure from the brand at the end of this week's show would be popular women's standout Piper Niven. The woman's powerhouse similar to the departure of Dakota Kai, was last seen on this previous episode in a losing effort to the Australia's Hottest Commodities duo. Niven since her arrival to the WWE UK brand has earned rave reviews for her work in the ring as well as her attitude backstage. It has been confirmed today that Piper Niven is expected to receive a full time call up with Monday Night Raw with some indicating that she maybe aligned with fellow Scot Nikki Cross.
UK RUMBLE UPDATED ENTRANTS
Men's RumbleWomen's Rumble
1. Angelico1. Raquel Lourenco
2. Michael Oku2. Aleah James
3. Suge D3. Kanji
4. Nathan Frazier4. Candy Floss
5. Ludwig Kaiser 5. Laura Di Matteo
6. Clement Petiot6. Hyan
7. Tyler Bate7. Santana Garrett
8. Trent Seven8. Eliza Alexander
9. A-Kid9. Amale
10. Carlos Romo10. Mariah May
11. Asher Hale11. Nina Samuels
12. JD Drake12. Lana Austin
13. Kid Lykos13. Millie McKenzie
14. Gabriel Kidd14. Amber Nova
15. Pete Dunne15. Xia Brookside/Toni Storm - Depending on the result of next week's match
16. Shigehiro Irie16. AQA
17. Bryan Keith17. Alex Gracia
18. Charlie Dempsey18. Rachel Ellering
19. Mark Davis19. Indi Hartwell
20. Kyle Fletcher20. Persia Pirotta

Shade

Reaction score
laFvP4j.png
WWE UK
Next Show Preview
Loser leaves WWE UK
Toni Storm vs. Xia Brookside

Set to headline this coming week's show will be a high stakes contest between two of the WWE UK brand's top women's wrestling standouts. This bout has a lot of bad blood going into it with the pair formerly being friends until Toni Storm put her true colors on display when she aligned herself with Wade Barrett. Since Team Barrett's fall at the past Showcase, it has long been reported that Toni Storm had not taken the defeat lightly. This was shown when Storm viciously attacked Xia Brookside 2 weeks ago and was further on display when Storm this past week outright blamed Xia for everything that had gone wrong for her in the brand. In response to Toni's disrespect Xia would challenge her to put her money where her mouth was so to speak with this high stakes career threatening match in which the loser will leave the WWE UK Brand while the winner will be granted entry in the UK Women's Rumble.
Queen's Wrath
Kay Lee Ray vs. Jayde

Following a confrontation which Kay Lee Ray had this past week with Jayde. It appears that Kay Lee Ray has touched a nerve with "The Red Queen" Isla Dawn. Making a veiled threat to know what Wonderland's purpose is to Jayde. We know that it is under the orders of the Queen personally that "The White Rabbit" Jayde will be stepping in the ring with Kay Lee Ray this week. With Isla Dawn not taking any prisoners as of late and Wonderland's approach seemingly being more aggressive than ever. The pressure is more than certainly on for Jayde to deliver against Kay Lee Ray this coming week.
Special Challenge
Hyan vs. Tegan Nox

Another singles match in the women's division which is all about respect and wanting to prove something is the story of this bout. Since her arrival to the UK Brand Hyan has come up short in her first two matches with the last being a spirited effort against Kay Lee Ray. Following this defeat a dejected Hyan was met by an impressed Tegan Nox who praised her efforts in the match. Looking to build up Hyan's confidence, Tegan Nox would be surprised as her attempts to spur on Hyan instead saw Hyan challenging her to a match in an attempt to get a win over a former champion. Will Hyan pull off the upset?
Proving Ground Match
Aleah James vs. Eliza Alexander

Similar to the bout between Kid Lykos and Nathan Frazier this past week. A proving ground match will take place this coming week between two UK performance center trainees set to compete as part of the UK women's rumble. In one corner will be a young prospect Aleah James who is being tabbed as one of the best athletes to step into the Performance Center. While opposing her will be Eliza Alexander, unlike Aleah James who has earned rave reviews for her attitude and ability. Eliza is one of the more disruptive and disreputable members of the class who is described as problematic yet equally talented. Who will stand tall in their first appearance with the brand?
Grudge Match
Santana Garrett vs. Millie McKenzie

A grudge match set for this coming week's show in the women's division will see Santana Garrett take on British Strong Style's Millie McKenzie. Garrett, a veteran of the women's wrestling scene who has travelled the globe and competed against the best the world has had to offer. Finds herself currently winless in the UK brand since her debut. While Garrett based on her resume is someone worth respect, it is clear that Millie McKenzie has little to no respect for her opponent. Now this week the pair will face off in one on one competition. Will Santana Garrett manage to beat some respect into her foe?
Heavyweights Collide
Shigehiro Irie vs. Damien Corvin

Having been announced to be competing as part of the WWE UK Rumble thanks to a agreement reached with NXT Japan. We can confirm that Shigehiro Irie will be stepping into a WWE UK ring for the first time this week. A hard hitting brawler known under the moniker of Beast Mode, Irie will find himself stepping in the ring with an opponent who will meet him in the center of the ring for the very fight he craves. As Shigehiro Irie will take on the Irish Bruiser and self proclaimed King of the North, Damien Corvin. This will be Corvin's first match on WWE UK and he certainly isn't coming to be a walk over for Irie. How will Irie fare in his first outing with WWE UK?
Retribution
Nathan Cruz vs. Suge D

Lastly we know a heated clash will take place on this week's show as Nathan Cruz is set to battle against Suge D. The reason for this bout is down to a confrontation the pair shared on this past week's show following a confrontation which Cruz and Suge D had based on the treatment Cruz was giving his girlfriend Katherine Darcy. To say there has been a lot of questions and comments about Cruz's run so far would be an understatement. As talented in the ring as anyone, Nathan brings with him a lot of baggage especially with his relationship with Darcy. Which always brings into question if he will be focused on the bout. Which could be dangerous against an experienced veteran like Suge D.