WWE trying to get Steve Austin to appear at WrestleMania XXX

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wrestling Observer Newsletter said:
WWE has reportedly pitched a storyline to Steve Austin to appear at WrestleMania 30. The company is planning on making a big push for Hulk Hogan and legends merchandise based on a "big four" of Hogan, Austin, Undertaker and Ultimate Warrior and wants all four at the show.

Austin has previously said he'll only show if he has a good reason to be there; the plan is reportedly for a non-wrestling role. No word on if a deal has been reached.
Not a shock that they want to go all out for 'Mania this year and Austin would certainly help them achieve that. Any thoughts as to what he'd be doing if he does agree to go? Obviously he won't be in an actual match but it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for him to be a special enforcer in a match would it? Alternatively, he could just appear at the top of the stage and it would be enough for most people, but I don't think he'd care to for something that minimal, unless the sum offered was way too much to turn down.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
No shock here. The bigger the names the bigger the show. Not sure why they wouldn't have Flair in the 4 legends thing.

using facial recognition on my galaxy s4

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
No shock here. The bigger the names the bigger the show. Not sure why they wouldn't have Flair in the 4 legends thing.
Simple. He's not one of "their" legends. Sure he's a legend and sure he wrestled for WWE, but the other 4 are guys that reached the height of their popularity in the company. Flair's was definitely in NWA/WCW.

Also, they probably don't want to take the chance that he shows up drunk. :lol:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
That's true but I think and add to that group with him would increase interest

using facial recognition on my galaxy s4

Orobin Thor

Reaction score
With WWE owning the rights to WCW, Flair not being there would be a serious mistake, in my opinion. Plus they would be remiss not to include Bret Hart and The Rock.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Hope his turns out to be true. I'm totally fine with Hogan appearing at WMXXX, so why not Austin?

I think he should be guest referee or something.

Joey

Reaction score
Yeah I cant really imagine Steve Austin wrestling again tbh. I'll be happy if he shows up anyway, in a non wrestling role

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The biggest WrestleMania in history just got a whole heck of a lot bigger, now that “Stone Cold” Steve Austin has confirmed he will be there! The WWE Hall of Famer revealed the huge news in an interview with TMZ. When pressed for what his role will be, The Texas Rattlesnake said the WWE Universe will have to tune in to WrestleMania this Sunday on WWE Network to find out.

Experience WrestleMania on WWE Network, starting with the LIVE two-hour WrestleMania Pre-Show this Sunday at 5:00 p.m. ET/2:00 p.m. PT. And, select tickets are still available to attend this year's Show of Shows in person.

Stay with WWE.com for more on this developing story.

Now this is a development!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I think I heard something from his podcast about being with JR at the HoF ceremony, but this is obviously cooler than that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk