WWE treatment of Zack Ryder

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The fact that he complains to Shane o' mac about "being screwed out of the [x] match or the [x] title" doesn't help, either. Shitty bookin' there, WWE.
No. That's perfect booking. He's a hypocritical heel. He's supposed to bitch and moan about everything going against him.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Because Owens is moving into a feud with Zayn where he needs to look strong. And by WWE logic losing a title makes you look weak.
He did lose the title though and then lost to Cesaro clean anyway. Miz is probably getting a run with the strap.

Stopspot

Reaction score
He did lose the title though and then lost to Cesaro clean anyway. Miz is probably getting a run with the strap.
By WWE's logic getting pinned for the loss of the belt is worse. That's why it was a ladder match in the first place. Easy to protect Owens in that one.

As for Miz getting a run. Yeah that's been obvious since he won it. Miz being one of the best old school heels on the current roster is one of the few guys who carries a belt well and enhances himself by holding it.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

Oh yeah, he's getting a run with the belt... Till Payback. Honestly, I can see him dropping it there. I can see them booking it like The Miz and Maryse are doing everything they can to screw Cesaro out of the victory, out comes Ryder, distracts The Miz and his wife and bam! Cesaro wins.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Oh yeah, he's getting a run with the belt... Till Payback. I can see them booking it like The Miz and Maryse are doing everything they can to screw Cesaro out of the victory, out comes Ryder, distracts The Miz and his wife and bam! Cesaro wins.
No I mean he'll probably get a strong reign with it, there's no reason to hotshot it to Cesaro at Payback.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Miz with cucumbers on his eyes is fucking legendary.

GOAT

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
You're saying it like it is a bad thing

The only bad thing here is hot potatoing the title, although I would have nothing against Cesaro winning at Payback.

From there, he should get a strong reign with the title and perhaps The Miz and Ryder feud continues.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah Miz is bloody brilliant at generating heat.
He's bloody amazing since he has crafted a gimmick out of himself.
Arrogant guy who went from high school loser to being world famous through his dream job, movie star and married to a stunningly beautiful woman. Rich and flaunting his wealth to boot.

He's never going to be a five star worker but he doesn't need to be. He's one of the best talkers they have and good enough to have solid matches.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
We need a Miz appreciation thread tbh. The guy is great, and maryse didn't miss a beat on her acting.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Losing the title doesn't automatically make you weak. It's how you lose it not IF you lose it. He not only was in a Ladder Match, but was against 6 other guys and had a hell of a bump where he was all bent out of shape.

No I mean he'll probably get a strong reign with it, there's no reason to hotshot it to Cesaro at Payback.
Why shouldn't Cesaro get the title? He's just returned and is well over with the crowd. WWE wants to reinstall a notion of the IC being the stepping stone, and with Cesaro getting the title at a time like this is crucial to the image of the title and his push. It's a good way to get Cesaro up the card. If he doesn't win it at Payback, he'll end up with it down the line.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
They treated him great as far as i'm concerned. He was a filler who went from 0 time on tv and one off jobber matches to get people to Woo Woo Woo, to looking strong and having his WM moment. No one in their right mind assumed he wasn't dropping it the next night, but I do hope to see him back on TV more. He has cut consistently decent/good promos and has the in ring presence and skill to do work with/for others moving up the card.

I have marked for the guy for forever, and honestly him winning the IC belt was the only match I really watched for WM. The rest were skimmed.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Losing the title doesn't automatically make you weak. It's how you lose it not IF you lose it. He not only was in a Ladder Match, but was against 6 other guys and had a hell of a bump where he was all bent out of shape.

Why shouldn't Cesaro get the title? He's just returned and is well over with the crowd. WWE wants to reinstall a notion of the IC being the stepping stone, and with Cesaro getting the title at a time like this is crucial to the image of the title and his push. It's a good way to get Cesaro up the card. If he doesn't win it at Payback, he'll end up with it down the line.

I like how you ignored the context of the post with this entire reply, Cesaro can win the title but why hotshot it onto him rather than letting Miz build heat for it? I never said Owens losing the title made him look weak, Stopspot mentioned how that's typical WWE logic. If Miz was a transitional reign why not just have him win it in the ladder match or have Owens lose to Cesaro the same way he did last Monday?