WWE treatment of Zack Ryder

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

This right here, ladies and gentlemen. Is a fantastic interview. Michael Cole is a great interviewer and you can just feel the raw passion and emotion from Ryder.

But remember, Michael Cole is awful and Ryder is treated horribly. Remember the narrative

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

This right here, ladies and gentlemen. Is a fantastic interview. Michael Cole is a great interviewer and you can just feel the raw passion and emotion from Ryder.

But remember, Michael Cole is awful and Ryder is treated horribly. Remember the narrative

My problem is that WWE wastes this shit for WWE.com and maybe a few thousand people will bother to watch it instead of putting something this good on Raw.

Giovanni Prado

The Artiste
Reaction score
I feel like this isn't the end of Ryder's push, but wouldn't be surprised if it is. I would wanna see him get involved in the Miz vs. Cesaro title match, costing Miz the title and giving it to Cesaro. And at the end, have him attack both Cesaro and Miz, setting up a triple threat.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Ryder is meh/10 for me I get why some people enjoy him but I never did, even when they had him on Raw every week.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Ryder is meh/10 for me I get why some people enjoy him but I never did, even when they had him on Raw every week.
punk-austin.gif

Then you're missing out son. Simple as that.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
lol Character development. The WM win was just a surprise feel-good moment and most of the world figured he wouldn't keep it more than 24 hours. It's back to the bowels of undercard hell for him from here on out.

I figure the reasoning behind The Miz winning the title is so that he can drop it to AJ Styles later on. I initially assumed that's what would happen when KO won the title back during the build to Wrestlemania, but they decided to transition it to The Miz instead.

Giovanni Prado

The Artiste
Reaction score
lol Character development. The WM win was just a surprise feel-good moment and most of the world figured he wouldn't keep it more than 24 hours. It's back to the bowels of undercard hell for him from here on out.

I figure the reasoning behind The Miz winning the title is so that he can drop it to AJ Styles later on. I initially assumed that's what would happen when KO won the title back during the build to Wrestlemania, but they decided to transition it to The Miz instead.

They should've just not had Styles/Jericho again at WM and instead have the IC title to Styles then. He lost against Jericho anyways so I don't see what was the point of them having a forest match was it? Idk I lost count but anyways it was pointless and he should've moved on.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
They should've just not had Styles/Jericho again at WM and instead have the IC title to Styles then. He lost against Jericho anyways so I don't see what was the point of them having a forest match was it? Idk I lost count but anyways it was pointless and he should've moved on.
They want AJ to challenge Roman , potentially linked to the debut of Anderson and Gallows. It would be difficult to do a champ vs champ deal after AJ just won it.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

Why would AJ Styles get the Intercontinental title, after attempting to get the WWE World title? It makes no sense and it's kind of demeaning for the guy. In my opinion, the right choice and probably inevitable winner will be Cesaro. I expect a main event run within a few years time after this. WWE might finally let the guy break through, with the thin roster and the masses against Roman Reigns.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
My problem is that WWE wastes this shit for WWE.com and maybe a few thousand people will bother to watch it instead of putting something this good on Raw.

I'm trying to remember the last time a ".com" video didn't have this reaction. Even the more boring, not worth sharing ones are like "Yeah that wouldn't hurt if it was on Raw, why not?"

Guess this is what happens when a babyface actually wins in WWE. Huh.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This feels like such a strange, unpopular predictions here, but while we're discussing Payback...
-Miz retaining sounds fantastic. He's always had great runs with that belt since WWE loves focusing on Miz storylines so much lol. Cesaro pinballing that dude around and Miz winning in the flukiest way imaginable is money. Cesaro shouldn't be settling for midcard belts
-Roman will win the main event clean, and everyone will be bummed that there was no Bullet Club shenanigans.

Ryder getting passed up for Cesaro though was super sad. If they worked me, they did it well, and for no good reason haha

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

Nah. They were right imo to book a final blowoff match between them at Mania, they should have just added a stip to it to distinguish it from their previous encounters and make it more special. A 2-out-of-3 Falls match (possibly with Styles going over, even though I didn't have a problem with Jericho going over... A strong WM 1-on-1 victory makes him look like a formidable opponent for Ambrose heading into Payback, plus Styles pinned him the next night on Raw to become the #1 contender anyway) would have sufficed.

Why would AJ Styles get the Intercontinental title, after attempting to get the WWE World title? It makes no sense and it's kind of demeaning for the guy. In my opinion, the right choice and probably inevitable winner will be Cesaro. I expect a main event run within a few years time after this. WWE might finally let the guy break through, with the thin roster and the masses against Roman Reigns.

lol Why would Cena go after the United States Championship after being a 15-time world champion? Why would Austin back in '97 go after the Intercontinental Title just months after winning the Royal Rumble in January, competing for the world title in February, and then competing for the world title again in May? Why would a legend like Shawn Michaels challenge Chris Jericho for the IC Title in late 2004 after having already won the world title and main evented Wrestlemania multiple times? Etc., etc.

I see the point, but it's not like it's something that's never happened before. Styles isn't beating Reigns, but he'll look strong in defeat, and going from competing for the world title to winning the second most important title is a pretty logical next step to make.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Depending on the severity of Bray's injury, he may decide to interfere in the main event and cause anarchy, possibly "costing" Styles the WWE Championship (note the quotation marks.) Then a Bray/Styles feud could morph into a rivalry between The Wyatt Family and The Bullet Club when Gallows and Anderson come to his assistance. Probably would be another loss for the Family, unfortunately, but at least the rivalry could have promise.