WWE TLC 2011 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I think that's the main reason why they should have less PPV's. I just don't feel that him winning at TLC is going to be all that special in the grand scheme of things. Of course I still don't think he's going to be a very good US Champ either, but that's just me.

I have been a little agitated at the amount of PPV's they have per year as well. In my opinion, having so many pay per views turns fans away. Nobody wants to spend $45 on a PPV then turn around and feel like they have to do it again 3 weeks later. Not only that, it doesn't give enough time to build feuds and make the matches feel special. I remember when a feud had every Raw and Smackdown to play out on until the pay per view. There was so much time to build an extreme amount of tension that the matches felt like they had to be seen.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I have been a little agitated at the amount of PPV's they have per year as well. In my opinion, having so many pay per views turns fans away. Nobody wants to spend $45 on a PPV then turn around and feel like they have to do it again 3 weeks later. Not only that, it doesn't give enough time to build feuds and make the matches feel special. I remember when a feud had every Raw and Smackdown to play out on until the pay per view. There was so much time to build an extreme amount of tension that
the matches felt like they had to be seen.

I don't really mind so many pay per views. I only think that they should be held on the last day of every month and not so spread out and not have two in October.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I don't really mind so many pay per views. I only think that they should be held on the last day of every month and not so spread out and not have two in October.

I agree with that...October is horrible pay per view time too, 3 weeks apart is too soon, especially when they don't announce matches right away. TLC has only had a card for about a week and a half.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm a big stickler for Pay-Per-View. I can't help but get excited when I realize there's one on this Sunday. 3 hours of nonstop wrestling action!

I agree though there needs to be substantially better build towards them and there shouldn't be more than one a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
One aspect I would like to see change about the current pay per view setup is the use of gimmick matches. I'm a sucker for a good gimmick match, but there does come a time when the matches become stale and need reinvention.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
One aspect I would like to see change about the current pay per view setup is the use of gimmick matches. I'm a sucker for a good gimmick match, but there does come a time when the matches become stale and need reinvention.
I agree. It's beyond redundant. It's overkill. We don't need two Elimination Chamber matches or two Hell in a Cell matches in one night. FFS.

I like the booking of this TLC. But seriously? A whole show where every match features a ladder, a chair or a table? C'mon.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
My point exactly, it takes away from the tradition of the gimmick match putting an end to a great feud. I can't really see how a chairs match is worthy of being a legit stipulation.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
wwe doesn't get enough build up. Most pay per view cards lately from wwe have only had 6 matches. Summerslam and survivor series. Two of wwe's big four have only had 6 matches this year. I understand royal rumble since it the RR match takes an hour. But all other pay per views should have 8 matches. wwe just fills in the time with promos and other shit. This is wrestling that's what we want to see. Less talk more action.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Just a quick FYI to anyone who missed it, I won't be doing a predictions contest for this show. Since the league was only started last month, and with the new year upcoming, it just makes more sense to just wait and start things up again in 2012.

So if you wanna predictions or whatnot, just do it here.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Just a quick FYI to anyone who missed it, I won't be doing a predictions contest for this show. Since the league was only started last month, and with the new year upcoming, it just makes more sense to just wait and start things up again in 2012.

Come on please

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

I agree on starting both WWE and TNA prediction contests in 2012. It makes the most sense.

Although maybe if enough people still wanna predict the show, we could do a another practice round like were doing before last month?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'll throw one together, just for you guys

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Also, since the predictions contests are starting over again I guess that means I won the TNA Season.

Yay me.