WWE TLC 2011 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
WWE TLC, LIVE ON PPV
SUNDAY 18TH DECEMBER 2011
FROM BALTIMORE, MD

wwetlc11.jpg

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match
WWE Champion CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. The MIz
20111128_tlc_triplethreat.jpg

Chairs Match
World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry vs. The Big Show
20111129_tlc_mhenry_bigshow.jpg

WWE United States Champion Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder
20111205_tlc_ziggler_ryder.jpg

WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes vs. Booker T
20111207_tlc_matches_cody_booker.jpg

Sledgehammer Ladder Match
Triple H vs. Kevin Nash
20111205_tlc_hhh_nash.jpg

Tables Match
Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett
20111207_tlc_matches_orton_barrett.jpg

Card subject to change

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
So amped for the US title match, hopefully Ryder wins the belt.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It's Ryder's time. WWE surely can't fuck it up, right?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This PPV looks dope as fuck. It's doubtful WWE could fuck it but you never know with them.

I really want to know how the sledgehammer on ladder war is going to work out though. Should be interesting to say the least.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
From what I understand it's pin or submission the sledge becomes legal once they get it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wouldn't it be better to have Ryder lose here and then put the belt on him at the Royal Rumble considering its a bigger PPV and likely to have more viewers?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Wouldn't it be better to have Ryder lose here and then put the belt on him at the Royal Rumble considering its a bigger PPV and likely to have more viewers?
I completely agree. I was telling someone the other day it would make for a better story if Ziggler once again slipped by Ryder with the US title only for Long Island Iced-Z to come back one last time to win it at the RR.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
This card is stacked, and I am trying to resist temptation to order, but I might give in. I'd love to see Ryder take the US title, then see Dolph start with a clean slate in the main event for 2012. Punk has got to win the TLC match so the belt can maintain what little prestige it has left. Henry needs to beat Show, and squash the hell out of their feud, I don't think I can handle another Show vs. Henry match. I'd love to see Barrett take the W over Orton, same goes for Cody Rhodes over Booker. As far as the Nash vs. HHH match goes, on paper I am excited for it, but knowing Nash's injury history, I am almost scared to watch lol.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This card is stacked, and I am trying to resist temptation to order, but I might give in. I'd love to see Ryder take the US title, then see Dolph start with a clean slate in the main event for 2012. Punk has got to win the TLC match so the belt can maintain what little prestige it has left. Henry needs to beat Show, and squash the hell out of their feud, I don't think I can handle another Show vs. Henry match. I'd love to see Barrett take the W over Orton, same goes for Cody Rhodes over Booker. As far as the Nash vs. HHH match goes, on paper I am excited for it, but knowing Nash's injury history, I am almost scared to watch lol.
My thoughts exactly. If Punk loses the WWE title, I'll lose all respect for the WWE. They need to reestablish the belt has the piece held by THE best. Not only that but they need to build a new top star. CM Punk is that guy. TBH I don't think a ladder match was the best choice for Nash's WWE PPV debut! :lol:

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I can see various parts of Nash's leg popping and tearing after the first rung...if WWE truly gives Punk the ball to run with, which they should have done after MITB instead of giving Del Rio his lackluster run, then he should change the face of the company as Austin did. They need a dominant WWE Champion, just as the IC, US, and World titles have been lately. Also, I think a vital part in making the WWE Championship worth winning and holding on to is changing the design. I am relieved that they are at least discussing it, because that belt looks horrid on anyone other than Cena. I liked the Winged Eagle myself, and it would compliment the IC belt that Rhodes has, since they are from the same era in the company.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I can see various parts of Nash's leg popping and tearing after the first rung...if WWE truly gives Punk the ball to run with, which they should have done after MITB instead of giving Del Rio his lackluster run, then he should change the face of the company as Austin did. They need a dominant WWE Champion, just as the IC, US, and World titles have been lately. Also, I think a vital part in making the WWE Championship worth winning and holding on to is changing the design. I am relieved that they are at least discussing it, because that belt looks horrid on anyone other than Cena. I liked the Winged Eagle myself, and it would compliment the IC belt that Rhodes has, since they are from the same era in the company.
You are right on the money. WWE and Punk can't do much to make the belt mean something again if it looks like a kid designed it. I'd be down for the Wingled Eagle myslef. Or even the Attitude Era strap. Something to make him stand out like Austin did when he was given that belt. The booking altogether though needs a serious shift. Punk needs to be booked strong into 2012. Preferably still the champion at 'Mania.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking. If I were WWE, I would take a good look at Punk's past, meaning Ring of Honor. They have the reputation for establishing a champion and building him to a level where fans are sold on his reign. It's about variety, which WWE lacks right now because they have a plethora of talent just underneath the main event, but very few at the main event. A permanent merge of the roster would fix that, but then more guys would be underused, and there are plenty in that position now. Punk can put on a match with anyone and make it top notch, he can speak and people will listen attentively, and he has a great mind for the business. If anyone can pull the WWE belt out of a rut, it is him, I am just fearful that the shotty booking will hinder the potential positive changes that can come from him being champion.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

I completely agree. I was telling someone the other day it would make for a better story if Ziggler once again slipped by Ryder with the US title only for Long Island Iced-Z to come back one last time to win it at the RR.

He's already had one shot, and this has been going on for about 3 months. Keep the chase up any longer and WWE risk a) making Ryder look like a choker, and b) tiring out the audience by dragging the chase out longer. I'm up for Dolph getting his rematch at the rumble, but it's time to do the title change while Ryder is hot.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I think that's the main reason why they should have less PPV's. I just don't feel that him winning at TLC is going to be all that special in the grand scheme of things. Of course I still don't think he's going to be a very good US Champ either, but that's just me.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yes I agree cm punk should be the face of the company and hold on to the belt until wresltemania. wwe can't keep throwing the belt around like a piece of shit. No one has held the belt for more than a month since July. Punk has fantastic mic skills and can really go in the ring. He has he ability to do anything he pleases. But I'm very confident that wwe will have him retain the belt at TLC. but I'm not 100% sure. :lol: