WWE Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
After watching RAW and after hearing that there was a big NFL game with the chance of a record being broken I don't think that the RAW rating will be too high this week.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
- The December 23rd episode of WWE SmackDown scored a 1.95 cable rating with 2.74 million viewers.

^ Not a good sign at all :/

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That's not really any different than what Smackdown usually gets.

And as far as Raw goes if it gets a 3 I'll be surprised.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- The December 23rd episode of WWE SmackDown scored a 1.95 cable rating with 2.74 million viewers.

^ Not a good sign at all :/
Ratings staying in line for a new champion with pretty on and off booking seems fine to me.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Shit yeah I just thought Smackdown was getting slightly higher into the 2s with Henry as champ, my bad.... also a good rating for a a show so close to crimbo.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Since ratings are often rounded up tech they did get another 2.0. That 1.8-2.1 range is usually good for them.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
It's good and on par with other episodes, but with a new champion, you would think they'd at least be a tad higher.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Ratings with Henry as champion fluctuated between 1.9-2.2 so keeping it steady at 2.0 isn't too bad. Big test is the following few weeks to see if the rating holds throughout his title reign or if people start to tune out.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
nodq.com said:
– The December 26, 2011 episode of the Raw SuperShow garnered a 2.93 cable rating, up from 2.92 the week before. It is the fourth consecutive week in which Raw has drawn below a 3.00 cable rating.

Monday’s show averaged 4,460,000 million viewers overall, up from 4,290,000 the week before. It also snapped an eight week streak of viewership declining during the second hour.

The first hour of Raw averaged 4,330,000 viewers during the first hour and 4,590,000 in the second. Monday’s show drew the most second hour viewers since November 21, 2011, the night following Survivor Series.
All things considered this is as good as they could have hoped for.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Kane. I really want to see the overrun rating as they spent the whole night leading to him

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That's not nothing to try and give him credit for and if they were trippin over the ratings they're still gonna do so now. Punk's match pretty much was most of the 2nd hour so if you're gonna try and give Kane credit then it would make sense to give Punk credit since the 2nd hour did better than the first hour. All in all to me this was just a good the ratings didn't sink lower than last week due to the Drew Brees rating.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Rating up very ever so slightly, actual viewers up too aswell as an increase in second viewership for quite some time. It's a start though, so will be interesting to see how they lay the show out from here on in.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
That's not nothing to try and give him credit for and if they were trippin over the ratings they're still gonna do so now. Punk's match pretty much was most of the 2nd hour so if you're gonna try and give Kane credit then it would make sense to give Punk credit since the 2nd hour did better than the first hour. All in all to me this was just a good the ratings didn't sink lower than last week due to the Drew Brees rating.

I said the over run. They got one of the worst ratings there was for Bryan, Punk, and Ryder. They built to Kane in that segment throughout the show this week, to close the show and hope to lure viewers back next week. It would be hard for him to do worse than those three did on his worst day. And it wouldn't be the first time Kane has drew or out drew Punk as he did on SD and ECW as well

Kaneonites come out in full flock to support him :p

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Even though I don't care about ratings as much as you do scroll down in this thread I found and you'll see that Kane actually didn't draw higher ECW ratings than Punk did and actually was the lowest drawing champion the brand had. Smackdown idk if I get bored enough I'll look for that too. And just for a bonus if you want you can also see as far as Raw champions go Punk's first title reign got higher ratings than Triple H and Batista in 08 so omg that must mean Punk is a bigger draw than HHH and Batista (sarcasm just in case) 8D

The Average TV Ratings for Wrestler's Title Reigns - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WrestleZone said:
WWE Officials Discuss Michael Cole's Commentary
WWE officials held a meeting last week after the RAW ratings came in, during which Michael Cole's commentary was discussed according to F4Wonline.com.
TV rating's patterns show fans have little interest in seeing anyone on TV besides the top Superstars. It was considered that a reason why might be Cole's continual burial of talent on Raw and Smackdown for the past year or so.

As noted earlier, there has been internal discussion about how Michael Cole has buried talents over the past year and how that burying hasn't helped them any. Zack Ryder and Daniel Bryan were specifically brought up as far as Cole burying them goes. It was pointed out that Cole has put them down in commentary forever and both haven't been booked as main event talents up until recently and it showed when they had to rely on Bryan, Ryder and CM Punk to carry the RAW main event, which flopped, a few weeks back.

Interesting.