WWE Superstar comes out

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Fair play to the guy great move and hopefully will encourage others in other sports to follow suit.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I thought Orlando Jordan was the first openly gay wrestler but I guess he only came out after he left the company. I also read somewhere that Kanyon came out back in WCW. I know Pat Patterson came out all the way back in the 70's, I believe, which shows a whole lot of courage on his part since it was far, far more taboo back then that it is today.

Anyway, I think it'd be a good idea to maybe play off of this on-screen, and while some might find it silly, maybe even a way to split up the PTP. I made a thread earlier this year proposing the idea of an openly gay wrestler:http://www.wweforums.net/threads/a-gay-wrestler-character-in-wwe.20903/

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
IF he is legit with his sexuality, than I'm behind him 101%! Such a good thing for him and for the WWE to support. I'm so proud of them! I thought this issue was going to be a lot bigger and complicated than it is, but it's not really. All the reactions I'm seeing on social media are either supporting him or just shrugged it off like it was no big deal. That's completely awesome.

I'd be so disappointed if this was a marketing ploy. Like, there's been some controversy over the years about if Adam Lambert was actually gay or that was just the image his company wanted to project to get him super famous. Some people would do anything for fame and money, so who knows. I'd like to think Young is legit because when I started watching again a year ago, my gay-dar senses tingled when I saw him. Idk, it was just a feeling I got, so I'm pretty positive he's being legit.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Darren Young has openly admitted he is gay. I'm against someone being gay, but a gay individual or couples haven't done anything to me, so I'm not going to say anything negative about him.

Darren Young is a great in-ring competitor and has great charisma. I don't think any differently about him, so I hope no-one else does.

louissiscool

The Artiste
Reaction score
I have no problem with gay people but im gonna say i really hope they don't just sudenly make him champion or something i think his career should pan out the same way it was.

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
Well...speaking as a religious person.. it's "an issue" to Christians i would think ..but with all do respect, big respect for him to back down the wall that kept him from admitting it before, to tell the truth now and be happy with who he is. Speaking as a wrestling fan; hes still the same guy only different emotional feelings, shouldn't change much perception but many will argue because of their views, with the outcast of what it does to a persona's psychological balance. With that being said, cheers for the man to reveal it and be relieved and to confront his fear of negativity and just to live his life, only he can choose his path, so be it, we can either accept it or run from it, to each their own. Move forward; simple.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
LOl you editing your quote haha

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't care about this as a fan. If he's gay he's gay, if he's not he's not. It's just like skin color, you are what you were born as. :)
But it's still great for him to come out like this, especially in this sport of tights, holds, travel, showers... Really courageous.

Would be cool to see it as a storyline, but there's no real way to do it. Guess you can write Titus off the show and have Darren turn face, and have him be a character who's gay but doesn't care about it, like treats it as a normal thing... but chances are if they try to use it in storyline it'll be something awful so don't bother.

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
Who cares if he's gay. Love is love!

Who cares where he sticks his penis!

No matter if your straight or gohan you get the same things!

Fights, talks, fun, everything. It's his life to live as all of ours are to live as well!

We all live in a society where there is more things to be worried about if Darren young is gay.... More women for the rest of us!

How about getting some seat belts installed in school busses!
How about getting homeless people a place to live and jobs?

If you want to be ignorant.. Be ignorant! Your only hurting yourself by being closed minded to potentially a great human being,

If your homophobic.... I hope to hell if your ever in an emergency situation, that your doctor Is gay,,,, go ahead.... Tell them you don't want his/her help!
Jackass!

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I do have to wonder if this will expose any homophobes in the locker room. Like "I'm not working with him" attitudes you know. I can only hope that doesn't happen, as I support Darren and his decision, but you never know.