WWE Superstar comes out

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Stephanie McMahon even tweeted him a congrats, although the wording of her tweet just seemed odd to me. Maybe just because I think being the first openly gay WWE Superstar is an odd thing to "congratulate" someone for. Being proud, respecting it, kudos, etc. is fine, but guess just the way she congratulated him for his sexuality and being open about it was odd to me.

Anyway, with her, Titus and WWE at least tweeting about it (not sure how many others), it doesn't seem to be a problem with his job. Just like others mentioned, hope they won't play it into his character and repackage him now.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Stephanie McMahon even tweeted him a congrats, although the wording of her tweet just seemed odd to me. Maybe just because I think being the first openly gay WWE Superstar is an odd thing to "congratulate" someone for. Being proud, respecting it, kudos, etc. is fine, but guess just the way she congratulated him for his sexuality and being open about it was odd to me.

Anyway, with her, Titus and WWE at least tweeting about it (not sure how many others), it doesn't seem to be a problem with his job. Just like others mentioned, hope they won't play it into his character and repackage him now.

I can see someone congratulating a person who has 'come out' to the public.

B.Dazzle

Know Your Role!
Reaction score
STFU! I RIGHT UR WRONG END OF SATORY CASE CLOSED!

Let me correct this for you.

Shut the fuck up! I am right, you are wrong. End of story. Case closed!

Is that so hard to write out?

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I can see someone congratulating a person who has 'come out' to the public.

I see it quite a bit, just still seems peculiar to me. But again, that's just me and the way I read it.

19ab5c89eaa42fcb4e01d85953123eff.jpg

17d60f7b51c1fb8cdc70b77c6c7eaf50.gif

d333f964fffff8690d60dd6957e43809.jpg

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I see it quite a bit, just still seems peculiar to me. But again, that's just me and the way I read it.

19ab5c89eaa42fcb4e01d85953123eff.jpg

17d60f7b51c1fb8cdc70b77c6c7eaf50.gif

d333f964fffff8690d60dd6957e43809.jpg

I always view it like 'congrats on being able to be yourself now instead of keeping a huge part of your life a secret from the majority of people, that must be a huge weight off your shoulder' type of congratulations

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Yes. Ignore Gohan people. don't turn this thread into a flame war in an attempt to reason with the guy. It doesn't work.

Back on track folks! If this turns into an online screaming contest I will close this thread.

It's great to see the industry support Darren in such a way. Not just the WWE but all throughout the wrestling scene.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I always view it like 'congrats on being able to be yourself now instead of keeping a huge part of your life a secret from the majority of people, that must be a huge weight off your shoulder' type of congratulations

:true: To that extent, that's why I prefer the way Triple H said it over the way Stephanie said it. His is, "Congratulations, Darren Young, on living YOUR life, YOUR way. #proud " To me that sounds so much better than just, "Congratulations on being openly gay!"

Reactions: Lady Deathbane