WWE Superstar Biographies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Good, Ill look for Regal's at the nearest Boarder's or Barnes and Noble :)

get_brunk

Reaction score
Over the course of the past few years, I've read a lot of the E's books and many others as well.

All 3 Mick Foleys
Kurt Angle
Jerry Lawler
The Rock
Eric Bischoff
Shawn Michaels
Ric Flair
William Regal

And non-E:
Terry Funk
JJ Dillon
Bobby Heenan
Missy Hyatt
Dynamite Kid
Martha Hart (Owen Hart)
Vince Russo

And:
World Wrestling Insanity (One of the most horrible books I've ever read. And I've read quite a few.)
The Rise and Fall of ECW
The Death of WCW

I think I'd rate my top 5 as:

5. Jerry Lawler
4. William Regal
3. Mick Foley (Sweatsocks)
2. Ric Flair
1. JJ Dillon

(With Funk, Dynamite, and Heenan getting honorable mentions.)

As you can tell by my top 5, I'm more enamored with the books of stars from the past. It gives a glimpse into the wrestling of my youth.

JHar888

Reaction score
Is there a book called The Rise and Fall of ECW? Or was that just a WWE DVD Home Video?

MC Rae

Reaction score
I've read Foley's first one, Stones Cold's and The Rock's. They were alright, haven't re-read any of them.

I reckon Bret's will be a good read when it comes out.

Da Purple Guy

Reaction score
I have read alot of books by wrestlers.

Wrestlers that I have read

Arn Anderson (I have an autographed copy)
Ted Diabaise (sp)
Mick Foley (read the first one and most of the second)
The Rock
Hulk Hogan
Most of Ric Flair
Most of Diamond Dallas Page
Chyna
Half of Jerry Lawler
Goldberg
Eric Bischoff
Moolah

I have also read
Sex, Lies and Headlocks
and an unauthorized book about Chyna

I may have read others but I can't remember

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
Oh MS, if you happen by this thread again, would you kindly let me know your opinion of the Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, and Batista books, if you have read them. I know they have all been released already, and I called the local Barnes and Noble, where they have been sold out of all 3 books for the last week. Friday they get a new shipment in and I was just curious on whether or not you have had a chance to read any of them yet. Thank you , sir.

gashface

Reaction score
I've never read any, but I've been thinking about reading some of Foley's for a while now, when I get around to ordering them..

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Oh MS, if you happen by this thread again, would you kindly let me know your opinion of the Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, and Batista books, if you have read them. I know they have all bee released already, and I called the local Barnes and Noble, where they have been sold out of all 3 books for the last week. Friday they get a new shipment in and I was just curious on whether or not you have had a chance to read any of them yet. Thank you , sir.

I always check this thread. Its about books!

Anyway, Bret's book was pretty damned good I gotta say. Well written and well told, it follows his entire career and is a pretty enlightening read if you're a Hitman fan. I bought it when it came out, and it was certainly worth the hardcover price imo. But if you live in the states (I have no idea where you are from) you may have to order it from Canada (amazon.ca, or chapters.ca) because as far as I know it has yet to be released state side.

Jericho's I also purchased last week and have read in its entirety and I honestly think (all my Jericho is God markdom aside) that it was better than Bret's and maybe even better than Foley's. There were parts where I literally almost laughed until I cried. The only issue is, I was very disappointed when I neared the end of the book. The book has little to no mention of his WWE career, and the story ends right before his big debut. However, I imagine that there is likely enough material for another book strictly on WWE stuff, which I hope will one day be published as it would likely be a graet read too. Either way, I thought it was worth the hardcover price, and you likely will too however, I felt I had to give warning regarding the lack of WWE stuff in the book.

Batista's, well. I read like 2 chapters at the book store because I was actually considering purchasing it, but the first two chapters reminded me so much of The Rock's book, I couldn't bring myself to spend $35 (Canadian book prices had yet to catch up, which is really a huge issue over here because we're getting the shaft) on a hardcover that I had a bad feeling about. I'll likely still read it, but I'm going to wait until either the trade paper, or regular paperback comes out. From reading the first two chapters, I would suggest the same to anybody else, unless you are huge Batista fan.

Finally, I would like to mention one book that has been released lately that I did not pick up but did read a bit of. There is a book called Benoit. It contains essays from various writers on Chris Benoit. Its sensationalistic bullshit, and I would be very disappointed to discover anyone who had actually spent money on this. Further, the timing of its release indicates that this book was likely started almost immediately after shits had happened, so it does not exactly lend itself credibility. More like a moneymaking scam. Leave it on teh shelf if you see it.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I am so pleased to hear that, MS, I am going to go with all haste to the bookstore Friday and pick up my copy of Jerichos book. Plus, I am a huge Hitman fan, and will definately look into getting his as well. I am relieved to find out that Jerichos book was not a disappointment, and I actually think it was quite clever of them not to include much mention of his WWE career, since there is sure to be much more to come, and it would be anti-climactic to tell the tale of his career before it was over.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
BATISTA"s books da' best...fucking pink pussy hitmen, fagaholics, and glorified stuntmen aren't as honest as they should be......So thats why Batista's books the most badass shit I've ever read.

Great One

BATISTA"s books da' best...fucking pink pussy hitmen, fagaholics, and glorified stuntmen aren't as honest as they should be......So thats why Batista's books the most badass shit I've ever read.
You can read?

Travis40

^Just my thought...

Jericho's Book - It was one of the best wrestling books I've ever read in my entire life. It was a great read covering his childhood, his career just starting off, making it to Japan to WAR, making it to WCW, and it has a pretty cool ending, it makes way for another Jericho book in the future.

Batista's Book - Not as contriversial as I've heard. It was a pretty good book, but the more I read it, the more I felt he was saying "HEY ASSHOLE, LOOK AT ME, I'M SPECIAL :sly: I WAS IN THE GHETTO AND NOW I'VE GOT MORE MONEY THAN YOU, HAHAHAHAHA", it made me feel like that.

Foley's Book - I liked it more than Batista's book, but it was almost tied for first with Foley's 2nd book and Jericho's book. I'd say that this wasn't as good as Foely is Good....but still a great, great read leading up to the events and the actual event of One Night Stand 2006.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I am pleased to inform you I have my copy of Jerichos book in hand and have so far made it to where he is leaving Mexico. I knew that I was going to enjoy this book, and so far I am not disappointed. Also, when I got my copy of the book, I came home and found my brother had bought me Batistas book as well. So, I now have both MS, and I am glad I didn't waste my money on Batistas book, which btw, I havent even cracked open yet. Well, when I'm done I will make sure to tell you all how much I enjoyed it.