WWE Superstar Biographies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
WWE Superstars Chris Jericho and Bret Hart have upcoming book releases so I did a search on some other Superstars who have auto-biographies. Turns ut there was a lot more than I though there was. These are some of the books I found by wrestlers.

Controversy Creates Cash-----Eric Bischoff

The Stone Cold Truth-------Stone Cold Steve Austin

A Less traveled R.O.A.D The Reality of Amy Dumas-----Lita

Adam Copeland, on Edge-------Edge

Cheating Death, Stealing Life------Eddie Guerrero

Heartbreak and Triumph------Shawn Michaels

To Be the Man-----Ric Flair

Its True, Its True----Kurt Angle

Exist 2 Inspire-----Hardy Boyz

Its Good to be King-------Jerry Lawler

If They Only Knew----Chyna

The Rock Says-------The Rock

also any number of books by ----Mick Foley

Plus soon to be released
A Lions Tale, Around the World in Spandex-----Chris Jericho
Batista Unleashed------Batista
My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling----Bret Hart

I have read the ones in bold and I was wondering if anyone else has ever read any books written by a WWE Superstar or maybe if there are any Superstars you think who should write an auto-biography?

PeepShow

Sadly, Ive only read one of those books, Controversy Creates Cash. I would love to find Edges book, but I cant find it anywhere :(

kingovkings

Reaction score
i have read shawn micheals heartbreak n triumph i thought it was pretty good read,i would ilke to see trips do a one sumtime in the future i know he did making the game but that was more body building tham autobio(so ive been told)

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, I read really quickly so I spend a lot of time reading. Which means I've read all but three of these books and a few others, but uhh yeah.

Controversy Creates Cash-----Eric Bischoff

Not bad. Very biased and he definetly gives himself a big pat on the back in the book, but its still a moderately interesting read.

The Stone Cold Truth-------Stone Cold Steve Austin

Read it once, never read it again. FYI, I always reread books that I enjoyed.

A Less traveled R.O.A.D The Reality of Amy Dumas-----Lita

Why would you read this?

Adam Copeland, on Edge-------Edge

Wasn't bad. It was still entirely too early in his career to be even considering writing a bio, but whatever. Don't buy it, check it out from your local library.

Cheating Death, Stealing Life------Eddie Guerrero

Not bad. It kinda seemed a bit whiny to me at times, but it wasn't bad. Though I didn't read it again.

Heartbreak and Triumph------Shawn Michaels

Same with this, it was ok. I probably won't read it again, but there wasn't anything much interesting in it.

To Be the Man-----Ric Flair

I enjoyed it. I've read it twice. The only issue is that I think it could have been so much better than it is, but I can't figure out what's missing.

Its True, Its True----Kurt Angle

Pretty shitty imo. Kinda had to force my way through it at times.

Exist 2 Inspire-----Hardy Boyz

Not a great book, much like Edge it was way too early in their careers, but the back and forth manner in which the book was written worked in its favour in terms of readability.

Its Good to be King-------Jerry Lawler

Haven't read this one. Forgot it even existed. Gonna have to pick it up.

If They Only Knew----Chyna

Yeah, I skipped this one.

The Rock Says-------The Rock

Really bad. Too fake, too hurried, and too uninteresting

also any number of books by ----Mick Foley

Have a Nice Day was excellent. Foley is good was, well... good. Hardcore Diaries were ok. Much better on the second reading I gave them. He's a bit long winded though in the 3rd one, and touches on some topics that were entirely uninteresting to me.

Also read;

Roddy Piper's
Bobby Heenan's
Regal's
Rise and Fall of ECW
Hardcore History
Wrestlecrap
Death of WCW
Goldberg's

I'm sure there's more too, just can't recall all of them right now. But any of the above I would reasonably recommend with the exception of Goldberg's.

Unless you're in the market for some high priced toilet paper.

youthought

Reaction score
I haterd The Rock Says.. purely because of the fact that it was ghost-written and he talks alot of shit throughout it. I loved Edge's book, I have read it loads of times

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I have gone to the library and am first on the list to read Chris Jericho and Bret Harts book coming out on Oct 25 and Oct 16. Also thanks MS for the recommendations I will be sure to check those out as well. Once I read the 2 new ones I will be sure to let you all know if they are worth reading. I have high hopes for Brets book but kind of expect Jerichos to be like Edges book...mostly because I think Y2J could make a return and be just as good , if not better than before.

Reaction score
i have'nt read any but wrestlecrap-the death of wcw by rd reynolds is definitely one i want to read.It's the biography of wcw on howthey were great and f..... it all up.controversy creates cash is also one i will read.

PeepShow

Ill be reading Jericho's as well. Has anyone read Foley's book, The Hardcore Diaries? Is it any good?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Ill be reading Jericho's as well. Has anyone read Foley's book, The Hardcore Diaries? Is it any good?

I didn't like it the first time around, but it grew on me the second time I gave it a chance. I dunno. There was like an entire chapter talking about how he rediscovered Religion, and I was like I am so totally not interested in reading about this, get back to the wrestling.

But I guess I would give it 4.5/10

PeepShow

How hardcore does he get on anyone? Like how bad does he talk about Vince?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, that was a bit misleading too on his part. He's not at all mean spirited or nasty, but he does tell the truth from his point of view.

Personally, I wouldn't suggest buying it until its come out on paperback (if it hasn't yet), save yourself like $20.