WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Its true though

Needless to say the game still looks fun

Hope the A.I. isn't fucking Blue like always. Sometimes I don't wanna get my ass kicked by those cheating fucks that exploit glitches online. But i'd still like a little challenge

Oh look!
Same shitty engine with the rehashed physics.

Didn't they say this would be the GTAIV of wrestling games or some shit? GTAIV introduced new physics.

Was I lied to? Am I being trolled by whoever the hell makes this shit

Because i'm fucking Stinger

Klide

^y didnt u just edit ur post instead of having to right new ones?

anyways game looks average probably better than average comparing to the SVR games looks way better than last years 08,and 09 sucked i acually see myself getting this near its release if im not busy.

Nation

If the FU is called the Attitude Adjustment and if there is any references to the "WWE Universe" then this will be the worst wrestling game of all time. However 50 caw slots sounds fantastic to me.

J

Plus you can download other peoples CAS which is awesome cuase I always suck at making them but there's really good ones out there that people spend weeks on which will just save me from wasting my time.

btman

Reaction score
If the FU is called the Attitude Adjustment and if there is any references to the "WWE Universe" then this will be the worst wrestling game of all time. However 50 caw slots sounds fantastic to me.

Lol they said in a video that "Attitudes were going to be adjusted" when John Cena is doing a FU so I think you're screwed.

Hopefully the Universe does stay out of it though.

noumenon

The physics do look slightly different...as well as the selling when they're hit. However I think a lot of superstars really needed a complete overhaul with their attire and look. It definately looks as if it's going to be a lot better than the previous year's editions but that's not really saying much. I would have rather them take a year off and completely re-do the franchise.

And am I the only one who misses the hell out of the free-roaming environments? When you could make your way from the ring all the way through the backstage areas. That was awesome and really needs to come back. Hell..last year they even took away the little audience area.

.........and that little indicator around their feet is already pissing me off just watching it.

btman

Reaction score
http://community.smackdownvsraw.com/forums/topic/1438

After seeing the story video and the other ones.. I got some new worries.

Is this GM mode anymore? Am I competing against anyone? That's what I loved about GM mode was that I had to create great cards every week to get more fans than whatever brand I was facing... I mean I think its great I can do crazy stories... But I think to do it for an entire roster... Each week seems it might take a half hour or so to set up a fun card lol. But thats the thing it seems like it'll take me over a half hour to spend 5 minutes watching a card play out. With my reward being... I get to continue the story next week. And it doesn't seem it matters how shitty or Blue each show is.. And I believe this is how it is because

A. He said you can choose w.e show you want to run.. And it didn't seem like it was a permanent thing.. It kind of just seemed like you could switch whenever. Thats just a guess though.

B. He said you can have as many matches or scenes you want each week. It doesn't seem to affect superstar condition or anything because he showed how you can choose the bloody damage one guy starts the match with! In 08 it mattered how often you used guys, what matches everything... Here you could have 50 matches in one night!?!?! How the heck does that affect ratings?

The only evidence I saw that went against this is... That when he set up a match it showed his CAWS crowd popularity being like 46... So that's one thing he can't just auto shoot up. Leading me to believe ratings will be set MAJORLY based on popularity and not match type or promo's. But I still have hope it will all pan out A-Ok.

And also I think choosing whether a guy wins or loses is kind of silly.. I liked the randomness of how I am going to push a guy... I'm just going to be tempted to make sure someone wins now grr ><.. Some people may really like this but I like a challenge in the game. When legend mode didn't do it, I fell in love with GM mode... Now... I'm praying legend AI will be require skill...

But after watching the other videos.. I love create a top rope finisher. I love how you can choose a superstars emotion. Lol sad JR made me laugh. And downloading superstars from the network seems really awesome... And setting up matches with interferences seems pretty sweet.. Though I hope theres still some way of a random interference with someones partner or stable too.

Edit: New gameplay videos with Orton vs Cena got me excited.. The game play looked smooth and AI wasn't countering anything but still wouldn't let him hit his finisher twice. Showing it may be harder to end matches... But you also keep your finisher if he counters which is nice!

Also some of the made up "scenes" were freaking awesome!

Hometown Kid

This game looks completely insane! I thought last year's game looked craptastic and I was right. Hopefully they do not fuck things up this year because I am excited.

One question on the promo writing thingy...it seemed to indicate there would be no voiceovers and if there are no voiceovers...WHY THE FUCK CAN THEY NOT JUST GO BACK TO THE HCTP STYLE SEASON MODE!?!? :nonono:

Wordlife

^I AGREE! That game kicked ass... so far this one looks ok, little better than 08-09 imo

noumenon

I still wish they'd focus more on make the game a more expansive play rather than being able to interview and shit. How many of you think you're gonna be sitting there after the first few days scrolling around letter by letter to cut an entire promo. And if that's not the case and their pre-selected phrases that would just be fuckin lame.
Would you rather have a completely interactive environment? Be able to move through the arena freely again? Different types of matches?
I was never a big fan of the whole CAW thing. Why am I gonna play with some schmucky non existent guy whose proportions always come out ridiculous so when he's wearing a belt it looks like it's orbiting around him.

I dunno, I think they should be working more along the lines of making the gameplay more enjoyable rather than worrying about us allowing to customize shit.
And at this point in gaming advances..ther is NO reason why anyone on the active roster should be left off this game.

noumenon

I tell Dolph Ziggler about the new story creator in "WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010," how I can have him compete for a championship or blow up his rental car, and a huge grin crosses his face. "I never get the insurance, so that would backfire on me," he tells me. "But I have a story I want you to create. You can have a Diva lottery where they all line up for the chance to become my valet. Whoever wins, after they break down in tears and are revived with smelling salts, they can accompany me to the ring. Make it happen."

Ziggler, who is one of the fastest rising stars in WWE, just seems to have that charisma, that "it" factor both in and out of the ring. And his ability to mimic other people's moves made him the perfect candidate to help THQ with the motion-capture for their wrestling series. "When you see Triple H's pedigree or Shawn Michael's entrance in the game, that was me," he says. "It's one of the reasons I can't wait for the game to come out. I love to see how all that time in the spandex suit paid off and see how those moves look in the new 'Smackdown.' And now hearing about that story creator, this is definitely something I'll want to play."

To find out more about the new Smackdown game, I left Ziggler and sat down with the game's creative manager, Bryan Williams, to find out all of the dirt on THQ's upcoming wrestler, including new info on that story creator Ziggler already has such big plans for.

ESPN: Not only can you create your own finisher in the new game, but you can create finishing moves off the top rope. What are some of the crazier moves you have seen so far?

Bryan Williams: A double shooting star press is pretty crazy. But I've also done some other stuff, like a shooting star press into a frog splash or a 450 into a Macho Man elbow drop. Just like the create-a-finisher last year, you can have up to ten animations to the moves to the top rope dives. And you can not only do them on an opponent who is down, you can have dive moves on opponents who are standing as well. It's a little harder to hit in the game, but it's nice to have that option as well. And since they work like any other dive move off of the turnbuckle, you can even hit it on opponents who are outside the ring. So yeah, you can hit that double shooting star on someone lying outside the ring. No restrictions.

ESPN: With the fanaticism of wrestling fans out there, how intense do you think people will get with the whole story creator in the game?

Bryan Williams: I think it's going to go over huge with the fans. I can't wait for the game to be released just so I can go online and see what stories people have created and see what's available for download. One thing that I know about our fans, and our hardcore fans especially, is that they're a creative bunch. We give them the tools for the created wrestlers and the entrances, and I've seen time and time again how they've taken those tools to create masterpieces. With the story designer and how it combines text and how you can insert cut-scenes, and change the cut-scenes around by adding emotion or moving the camera angle around or changing the cast of characters … there are going to be some really compelling storylines to play through. Heck, I'm working on a script right now so I can create and upload my story to the masses.

With the story creator feature, you can save up to ten stories with up to 500 moments, scenes or events per story.

ESPN: Is there a limit to the amount of created storylines that you can download?

Bryan Williams: You can have up to ten stories saved on your hard drive. That accounts for everything from the ones you create to the ones you download. But ten is a lot, especially when you factor in just how big some of these stories can be. Each story you can insert up to 500 moments/scenes/events … whatever you want to call it. Or if you want, you can create a story that is told only through matches and not even have any cut-scenes. Or vice-versa, if you want to have it like a movie, and do all cut-scenes instead of matches, you can do that too. And 500 is a lot. If you think about that, if you divided it evenly, that's 250 cut-scenes and 250 matches. That's 250 played matches in one story.

And being able to cast in your created characters into these stories is also huge for us. So if you want, you can have your created guy hitting on Mickie James as using the people you've created, that's half the thrill. There's going to be some unique and crazy stories online.

ESPN: So I've seen cars blow up and a car run down John Cena. What other crazy stuff is possible in these cut-scenes?

Bryan Williams: There's one on the stage entrance where there is one superstar walking out and this other superstar jumps from the top of the stage down onto the guy coming out for a surprise attack. That's a cool one. There's the one where John Cena gets hit by a car, but there's also another one where he just avoids the car in time that I like. There's all kinds of crazy stuff like beatdowns, gangland-style attacks in the ring that show that stable warfare … there's too many to name.

ESPN: You've also added the ability to change the clothing color of the WWE superstars for the first time. I can finally have a pink Undertaker! How is that going to work?

Bryan Williams: It's our new Superstar Threads mode and it's really cool because we're all big wrestling fans on the team, and when we look at a guy like Rey Mysterio, his mask and pants might be the same, but he always has different color variations. And you see this with a lot of superstars, so we thought it would be great to give fans the ability to make these edits on their own. So if you watch Rey and you see him come out in the silver and black, or even if you're just a Raiders fan and you want him in your colors, you can do that. And every superstar is unique, so you can go in and edit every piece. Rey Mysterio has a lot of parts to his costume, so we enable gamers to go in and edit the individual pieces of his mask, pants, and gloves. His character has a lot of customization possibilities. But then you look at a guy like Triple H, and he just has trunks, pads, and boots, so that is all you'll be able to change for him. It all depends on the superstar you are working with. But being able to create three attire variants per superstar really adds a lot.

ESPN: Turning to gameplay, what's the biggest fix you made to this year's game that really bugged you about "SVR09?"

Bryan Williams: We did a lot of small gameplay changes and improvements. The biggest thing that we did was add the ability to manually go on the apron and perform moves. Guys like CM Punk and Rey Mysterio will go on the apron and perform moves like the springboard to go inside the ring, outside the ring. So the apron is an all-new attack position this year. We also changed up the grapple moves you do on the ground. Last year, the grapples were all split up, upper body/lower body with three moves on each side. This year we've added side grapples as well as the upper and lower grapples. We've also changed them so you have a different set of moves when an opponent is on their stomach as opposed to being on their back. So we've doubled the moves for that situation.

Struggle submissions have also been improved because now you can actually trigger submissions at will. One of the things that really bugged me about last year's game is that sometimes you could inadvertently trigger a submission when you didn't really want to do one. So this year, you call it. If you have your guy in a grapple hold and you click the right stick, that's what triggers the struggle submission. So you do that on your own now and there's no longer the possibility of having the flow of your match interrupted by triggering a submission that you didn't want to have happen. It's all at your discretion.

There's a new interview. So we can blame Dolph Ziggler for any wrong movements or shitty entrances..lol. I really don't get why they didn't get everyone to do their own thing. If you're gonna do something do it right.

xtremebadass

Wait...so every superstar's attire can change color...whatever color you want? So you can probably change Cena's wrist bands and shorts to make him look like any era John Cena?

Hometown Kid

Wait...so you can only create storylines that have bearing on nothing and not put your stories into a GM-mode type? Fucking WEAK. :n: So no season/career mode and no GM mode...*sigh* Now put me in the "This game will be fun for like 5 minutes" category.

noumenon

That's kind of what I'm gathering for this. That you can sit there and take 5 hours setting up a feud and play through it in about 10 minutes....with no point or reward what-so-ever.