WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
^^^Yeh but they can't please everyone. I think they're going to please a lot of people this year, though, the way things seem to be going.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Randy Ortons arm looks like the size of a thanksgiving turkey. Create a story should be amazing, so long as they give you at least a years worth of story to carry out. Sure it would be a bitch and take fucking forever to set up, but I'd like the creative freedom to build all the way to Wrestlemania ya dig?

noumenon

Create a wrestler is bullshit. Who wants to make some stupid fuckin schmuck who when he wins a title has the wrong proportions so the title looks like its in orbit around him.
Now we can all be bookers for WWE and fix their mistakes for the year. They should have a "SUBMIT TO TITAN TOWERS" option where we can actually book this shit..lol.

btman

Reaction score
So from what I've read from the game...
Pros: Create a finisher is better with aerial shit.
4 "Strong Grapples" is something I REALLY wanted back, and it is.
1 Reverse button should be good, will require much better timing hopefully.
The little bar showing whether you'll kick out or not.

Worries:
GM Mode!?!?!?! Cool you can have like a 6 people in the ring arguing leading to a match and w.e direction you want to have it.. But custom text? Are you fucking me? I don't want to write what the hell someone is bitching about or ANYTHING for 20 superstars in my roster. I can see it being cool for about 5 minutes, but considering you're doing it for your own shits and giggles.. Its pointless. The game can't read the text and be like "CROWD BOOOO" or react in any way. How does it affect ratings or fans or anything?
I actually liked the HUD indicator showing my legs or body or whatever being red. I mean if I smack my finisher on a guy early on, I want to know if he's going to be down for the 3 or if I should keep beating on him.
A diva based story? That I have to play through to unlock shit? FUCK.

Cons:
Have not heard of back-based create a finisher.
Like everyone said Orton is jacked, and the titles especially still suck ass.

ps. lol wii version still looks god awful.

This Guy

custom text could be like in an RPG like SW KOTOR or Mass Effect where it gives you a list of a couple different ways to reply and depending on which one you choose alters the path of the story and your character. I doubt your writing full on promos.

noumenon

I liked the damage indicator as well. From what they said it seems like their going back to the arrow indicator around your feet...which is really fucking lame and takes you out of the experience a lot. They better have the option to remove it or I swear I'll bring the game back immediately.
Another thing...WHY DOESN'T THEIR HAIR FUCKING MOVE!? Anybody with long hair it simply stays in position the entire time no matt what position they're in or what they're doing. If we could make Lara Croft's ponytail move in Tomb Raider on PSX....I think we can make Undertaker's move two generations of systems later.

btman

Reaction score
custom text could be like in an RPG like SW KOTOR or Mass Effect where it gives you a list of a couple different ways to reply and depending on which one you choose alters the path of the story and your character. I doubt your writing full on promos.

That would be cool, but they would have to have a TON of options to not have it repeat itself within 3 months of shows.. Or you'd keep repeating a promo every 3 seconds or something.

Plus it says A. Write your own script. Can't get much more specific then that.
B. Plus the interview thingy I'm too lazy to look up said you can have an entire wrestling show or have a show where you make Triple H sing in front of the camera the whole time or something... I don't think they provide even a half hours worth of rambling for any superstar.

More negatives: A. Jimmy Fallon is a downloadable character.

Great One

Best game of all time.

btman

Reaction score
does text make any difference though to the ratings?

That's what I think is stupid. I'm going to start posting on their svr boards and maybe a mod will clarify a few things or something...

But my first assumption would be.. You make a promo for X amount of time, if the character is face you will receive cheers after each sentence, and after the promo X amount of popularity (depending on time spent)... Depending on who's doing the promo you'll also receive X amount of ratings for that segment of the show.

But then again I could be completely off the wall and its a much simpler and cleaner process lol

chessarmy

Create a story? I bet you have to enter a code to get HHH to job or look weak. "HHHDOEZJOBZ to get HHH to act normally"

LMAO :roflmao: :laugh:

Honestly, create a story is pretty much the result of THQ realizing that people were creating all kinds of CAW feds, so they decided to incorporate that into the game. I'm definitely picking this up

J

Read the article it says you'll be able to change your superstars attire color scheme which is AWESOME! I've always said Create an Attire would be awesome. This is close enough for now I guess.