WWE Signs Mistico

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
pwpix.net

- When Sin Cara (Mistico) was introduced at WWE's press conference in Mexico yesterday, he came out in a Mistico style mask before taking it off to reveal his new WWE mask. Sin Cara reportedly means "Faceless."

WWE has setup a Facebook page for him at facebook.com/WWESinCara and a Twitter account is being setup. WWE will begin airing clips from the press conference on this week's TV and Monday's RAW. Mistico's signing with WWE is being covered my all the media in Mexico as it's considered a big deal.

Sin spoke at the press conference and said he doesn't know which brand he will end up on but said he is ready when called and proud to be working for the greatest promotion in the world. Lucha Libre journalist Kris Zellner expects Cara to end up on the SmackDown brand with Rey Mysterio and Alberto Del Rio.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
WWE must be loving the fact that signing him is made to be this huge deal to help get the latin audience even more having him, Del Rio and Rey.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
All the Mexican media outlets were there for their press conference, so yeah they love the attention and draw he is.

They took a shit on EMLL's press conference a little while earlier that day talking about how they owned the gimmick, mask, and name by having him take off his Mistico mask and unveil his Sin Cara one to the world

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Should be interesting to see if he starts off as a face or heel. With this build I could see him being a face and feuding with ADR over the World Title after Mania.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
JR tweeted about him:

"WWE has high hopes 4 Sin Cara. He has many new masks. Major TV 'rollout.' He's 27 & has op 2 b a main eventer. A flyer, offensive innovator. Ppl need to see how Sin Cara performs b4 condeming wwe 4 "pulling him down." That's just dumb. See how things playout then offer opinion."

He also hinted that Sin will be a Raw star because of WWE's plans for him to be a main event guy

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He needs to be on Smackdown it is too perfect for him to be there. A Del Rio/Cara feud would get over huge for the latin audience and the media outlets would be all over it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If WWE was smart they would book a ppv with a Rey vs Cara vs ADR main event title match in Mexico City,

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That would be very epic for them and would be a hell of a match for everybody if the guy is as good in the ring as advertised.

Just don't get him being sent to Raw as he'll be in Cena, Orton's and HHH's shadow if they want to make him a top face.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cena, Orton, and HHH might be why they want him there. Him versus them would be huge to open up his career, but it might give him a big ass head to work with them all and maybe have them put him over

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I wouldn't say he would be in their shadows because given all the publicity about him these past few days, they obviously want to make him a huge star so will likely push him beyond them if needs be. Seeing him main event Raw and tagging with Cena could be pretty huge.

I think they would be pretty wise to hold off on a feud with ADR and instead wait until they are both huge in the WWE.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
hhh doesnt put anybody whose not already an established in ring main event guy over. for that matter cena and orton dont either. he needs to be on sd. its the best fit.

Kizza

Reaction score
he needs to go to smackdown. he may be big, but he's still not established in wwe. even bigger reason for rey to retire now, mistico will easily be able to account for him.

however, i dont believe mistico can speak a word of english.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Rey speaks on Sin Cara

Fanhouse.com spoke with WWE star Rey Mysterio, who talked about fellow Mexican wrestling star Sin Cara (formerly Mistico) signing with WWE. Here's what Mysterio said about it:

"I think the opportunity now shown is that the doors are open for anybody that has the quality to be part of WWE," Mysterio said. "You have the talent, you have the desire to be a superstar, come and the doors will be open and if you can make it, you'll be one of the top dogs. Alberto (Del Rio) is a big proof.

"When I came into the United States, I pretty much followed the Guerreros and Jerichos, a path as they just left Mexico and went on to ECW, WCW and WWE. So it was kind of a little train that we were taking around. It kind of feels good in a way that those doors have been opened for other Mexican wrestlers. Like you said, now with Mistico coming in, I want to say that I think those doors were eventually opened by the talent that myself, Eddie and a lot of wrestlers that started their careers in Mexico have opened up for other guys."

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
pyro showing he's never seen mistico wrestle.

I've seen plenty of clips, that's more than enough indication of what he can do. As I've said before, high flying wrestling is not a proper style, it's cheap and people like Mistico and Rey Mysterio and whoever else use it because it's cheap. It's a substitute for having a personality. You notice any time anybody uses this style, they always suck on the mic. Always. That's because they have to do their circus tricks to get the crowd invested in them because they're nothing without it. If they can get over the way everybody else does, there's no need for this.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Eddie has wrestled that style before so explain that one.