WWE Signs Mistico

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The Mexican press, specifically Super Luchas magazin are reporting that Lucha star Mistico has signed with WWE. Mistico had a tryout with the company last year and impressed. He's been one of the top stars for CMLL in recent years.

pwinsider.com

Wow! Vince is really on a roll for the month of January it seems

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well wow this is a hell of a signing considering his apparent star power down in Mexico. Guess this will be the guy who is gonna be set up to be that latin draw as a face assuming he plays face.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Here is the lucha blog write up:

18025550048757312167349.jpg

Mistico has signed a deal with WWE. There’s been a background talk about Mistico leaving CMLL of late, especially the last week, but nothing anyone was able to definitively confirm until now. I had heard multiple rumors about his destination, but WWE had always seemed the most likely. He’s expected to head to Florida Championship Wrestling, where he’ll join Alex Koslov (and Hijo de Medico Asesino!) as luchadors training for WWE.

Mistico’s last Arena Mexico match was January 18th, the two fall loss in the main event where Porky got mad at Mistico. Mistico worked the two show NJPW tour and has not been in a CMLL ring since. It’s possible he may work a final show or two in CMLL if his Florida commitment doesn’t start right away, but he’s obviously out of the Dos Leyendas plans. Friday’s Averno/Dorada feuding was intended to create a replacement match (or relevos tag partners.)

CMLL almost certainly owns the Mistico gimmick, though WWE would likely given him their own anyway. CMLL probably won’t put someone new in the suit, because they’ve been building Sombra up as the replacement lead tecnico for about 10 months already. Astro Boy, Mistico’s brother, probably won’t be affected only because they barely use him as is.

Mistico likely told CMLL he was leaving in late December, or maybe around when the CMLL/NJPW cards first came out, because it would explain why NJPW announced Mistico as working those cards while CMLL didn’t have him listed. Even though CMLL probably knew he was on his way out, Mistico did beat Negro Casas and Ultimo Guerrero (by DQ) in singles matches during the last month.

Alberto Del Rio’s success was the catalyst for Mistico jumping to WWE. Dos Caras Jr. was never great in CMLL, but has gotten over great in WWE. The line of thinking – and not just for Mistico – is if a guy who never really got over much in Mexico got over that easily in the US, it should be easy for bigger stars to succeed. I’m not sure that’s true – a lot of Alberto’s success is due to WWE deciding he was going to be be a big star, real quick – but it definitely gives Mexican wrestlers more faith in the company compared to how guys like the Mexicools were used.

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/?p=10403

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Good that Del Rio's push is giving other latin stars faith which I guess was part of the plan since WWE has been wanted Mistico. I say they add a first name and make Mistico the last name.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I wonder if they are going to bring his brother over as well.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Didn't realize he had a brother. Guessing he isn't as good as his brother since I haven't seen him mentioned.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Rey Mystico :side:

Dante Cross

Reaction score
Hopefully he replaces Rey and Rey goes into obscurity...but thats hoping

AF.

Reaction score
Never seen him wrestle, but I'm a huge fan of Mexican stars in WWE (very underrated and WWE seems to like them) so will be looking forward to his debut.

Face plz. No more heels.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Jax and KIF present Bloggers Inc V2

CMLL Denying His Signing

CMLL released a press conference tonight denying that Mistico had signed with the WWE. The company pretty much claims that the rumors had started a few weeks ago and they are nothing but a rumor, and they clearly state that they own the name and rights to the gimmick are owned by CMLL (which we all pretty much already knew). They also claim that he can't leave because of that. Now, I don't know if they mean he's under contract or not and this could just be a) a way of them trying to chill out all the news break or b) they are simply going to put another wrestler under that gimmick (which will likely fail miserably because there is only one Mistico).

Kizza

Reaction score
bullshit.

this report has appeared sicne he got big. immense wrestler though.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
From what I read online the current Mistico will be in WWE just without the name, gear, or gimmick. The gimmick will be kept in CMLL and they will always have the option of putting another guy in the suit, essentially a fake masked Kane like years ago when Festus suited up as him.

Hell WWE could just give Mistico the evil Rey gimmick that was discussed for Kaval before he got hurt in FCW and NXT was created.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Would be a good time to try the evil Rey thing but I'm kind of hoping the guy comes in as face and thinking he probably will if they want a replacement for Rey that they can use the same way.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Over the weekend we reported that Mexican Lucha Libre star Misitco has signed a deal with WWE and is expected to report to FCW in the very near future.

After news surfaced of Mistico's WWE signing, CMLL claimed that Mistico had NOT signed with WWE. However, The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the lucha star has indeed signed a deal with WWE and is expected to start in Florida Championship Wrestling in Tampa later this month. He has been told he'll be there a couple of months, and has to learn English.
Wrestlezone is the source.

I hope WWE goes all out and hires him a private English teacher like they did Del Rio

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I bet his eyes lit up when Del Rio won the Royal Rumble. Not to say he'll get that same push but I can see how it could be encouraging.