WWE Royal Rumble Preview & Live Discussion - January 25th, 2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
[MENTION=75]Champagne Charlie[/MENTION] I'm ready when you are

Drew

Reaction score
WWE Royal Rumble Preview & Live Discussion - January 25th, 2015

I am so pumped to see Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns. That is a main event I can sink my teeth into.

I've said since last year that it would be the best way to build Reigns to let him be the first guy to topple Lesnar after he ended the streak.

This. That's why I'm not up in arms and the fans are fucking dumb.

I'm a big proponent of Bryan. Love him. Hope to god they don't let him fade.

But Reigns/Brock with some push by the Rock and Rollins somehow inserting himself as I suspect is big time ME for WM.

And I bet Bryan has a role to play too. Unless they really do think he's just a little guy the crowd likes but still don't think he's a big time player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Reading through the comments it seems to be a lot of negativity on this Royal Rumble. I'm shocked, I thought it was fun. And who didn't think Reigns was winning?

Oh Jesus Christ they were mad at Bryan's early elimination which caused fans to care about him and only him.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Reading through the comments it seems to be a lot of negativity on this Royal Rumble. I'm shocked, I thought it was fun. And who didn't think Reigns was winning?
Um, did you hear the crowd?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Also, apologies for the double post but I'm not editing this into my last one.

Last night's Rumble would have gone down in history as one of the worst PPV's of all time had the triple threat match not been so great. I'm just totally baffled by WWE's logic at this point that I'm no longer trying to figure it out. I don't care that Bryan didn't win since I never thought he would in the first place. What I care about is that he was by far the most over person there and they didn't even use that to their advantage by leaving him in until the end. Were they worried that Reigns eliminating him would have gotten him heat? Because that wasn't a problem given the way they booked the fucking match. Big Show and Kane in 2015 have no place eliminating guys like Ziggler, Ambrose and Wyatt, especially in the way it was done. Those guys were treated like absolute shit, Wyatt in particular given his strong showing earlier in the match. Then you have to bring the Rock out to try and get some sort of desperation pop for Reigns and even THAT doesn't work. Let's not forget that at this point the crowd was actively chanting for Rusev to win the match...RUSEV!

Easily the worst Rumble match ever. Not a single person came out of it looking good including the dude that won. It takes talent to fuck up on this kind of level, but I never put it past WWE to impress me with just how great they are at that. Amazingly, they DO know how to make people look good when they want, just take a look at Rollins in the great triple threat match. The inconsistency in these efforts is what bothers me more than anything else, and clearly they don't learn from past mistakes so it's just going to continue ad infinitum.

As far as the rest of the show goes, the pre-show tag was great, the NAO were fun and may as well have gotten the victory to pop the live crowd since Ascension are dead in the water, Mizdow remains super over so of course they didn't have him tag into the match and eliminated him from the Rumble in about 30 seconds, women's match was time I'll never get back and the triple threat, as I've said above, was great. One match does not make a show good so I'm not sure how anyone in their right mind can consider this PPV a success on any level.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles

Last night's Rumble would have gone down in history as one of the worst PPV's of all time had the triple threat match not been so great. I'm just totally baffled by WWE's logic at this point that I'm no longer trying to figure it out. I don't care that Bryan didn't win since I never thought he would in the first place. What I care about is that he was by far the most over person there and they didn't even use that to their advantage by leaving him in until the end. Were they worried that Reigns eliminating him would have gotten him heat? Because that wasn't a problem given the way they booked the fucking match. Big Show and Kane in 2015 have no place eliminating guys like Ziggler, Ambrose and Wyatt, especially in the way it was done. Those guys were treated like absolute shit, Wyatt in particular given his strong showing earlier in the match. Then you have to bring the Rock out to try and get some sort of desperation pop for Reigns and even THAT doesn't work. Let's not forget that at this point the crowd was actively chanting for Rusev to win the match...RUSEV!

Easily the worst Rumble match ever. Not a single person came out of it looking good including the dude that won. It takes talent to fuck up on this kind of level, but I never put it past WWE to impress me with just how great they are at that. Amazingly, they DO know how to make people look good when they want, just take a look at Rollins in the great triple threat match. The inconsistency in these efforts is what bothers me more than anything else, and clearly they don't learn from past mistakes so it's just going to continue ad infinitum.

As far as the rest of the show goes, the pre-show tag was great, the NAO were fun and may as well have gotten the victory to pop the live crowd since Ascension are dead in the water, Mizdow remains super over so of course they didn't have him tag into the match and eliminated him from the Rumble in about 30 seconds, women's match was time I'll never get back and the triple threat, as I've said above, was great. One match does not make a show good so I'm not sure how anyone in their right mind can consider this PPV a success on any level.

http://time.com/3682093/cancel-wwe-network-royal-rumble/

Looks like you're not the only one who feels that way.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Not that I'd ever have the patience to write this out but it sums up my feelings to a tee. They literally turned the fans against Roman Reigns in 1 hour. I hope they suffer for it.

Reactions: 1 person

Postman Dave

Reaction score
WWE Royal Rumble UK LD

I'll merge this thread with the main one once we're done, but this is easier than dancing round the other one trying avoid spoilers.

Speaking of which, anyone who wants to be a hero and spoil shit in this thread will be insta banned. #iamthelaw

If you do want to watch it again, we start in just under 20 minutes

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Re: WWE Royal Rumble UK LD

I hope you guys like it

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Congrats on avoiding spoilers guys. Really looking forward to your thoughts.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses