WWE Reportedly Made Contract Offer to AJ Styles, Update on His Status with TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I don't think the name change is all too important. He could just run under his real name, Allen Jones. It would explain the tat because that's his initials. I don't think his age is too important either. They signed Del Rio at an older age and pushed him through the roof even though he is boring as hell. Would much rather see AJ in Del Rio's place.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
And if he waits until TNA is bankrupt that offer will drop by atleast 50%, WWE probably made the offer in an attempt to get a name while he is still a commodity, and even then I wouldn't expect him to work outside of NXT, house shows, and possibly Rumble appearances.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Got to agree that AJ's age and lack of big name value is a problem. I don't buy the offer was made, if they didn't make him an offer during his prime then I don't see it happening now.

I think that Styles is getting fed up with TNA, but with wrestling being what it is right now, he doesn't really have any other options.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I think that Styles is getting fed up with TNA, but with wrestling being what it is right now, he doesn't really have any other options.
He supposedly got a WWE contract offer, i'd say that's another option.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
And this is why a wrestler shouldn't get a big-ass tattoos of their real name.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
He supposedly got a WWE contract offer, i'd say that's another option.

Yes, but me and deezy for two don't buy that they made him an offer. It wouldn't be the first time something reported on the internet proved to be false.

Also because of his limited chances of progressing in WWE then he would be better staying in TNA anyway.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Said it on his Twitter that he never got an offer.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I don't think the name change is all too important. He could just run under his real name, Allen Jones. It would explain the tat because that's his initials. I don't think his age is too important either. They signed Del Rio at an older age and pushed him through the roof even though he is boring as hell. Would much rather see AJ in Del Rio's place.
ADR went to FCW, he learned English, and he paid dues. Do you think its likely AJ would be willing to go to NXT for a while?

I mean come come this time 6 months from now, I'd take him signing as a serious possibility if they are looking for a glorified X division show as has been reported and still is being reported as a network exclusive thing. He could headline that with a bunch of other old X division guys, but getting hot shotted to Raw or SD for good money and without NXT is a dream. This isn't Monty brown for instance

Reaction score
How has he not elevated the TNA brand I swear the foundation TNA that caught everyones attention was carried on his back. He didn't draw a dime. The surivival of TNA was built on him for a long time.

I am glad he didn't go to WWE his size and fighting style WWE doesn't do well with.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Someone know what the houses are for AJ's tour? If they are good, then we can honestly say AJ can draw, if they aren't....then we know for sure.

It's got to be a draw though, the storyline practically sells itself.....Can anyone imagine what CM Punk would've drew if he did indies with the WWE title? I think ROH would've actually gotten a 5000 seat arena filled.