WWE RAW 9th July 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
My bad Angelo don't worry, he's a good friend of mine. Fan boy whatever you say but he's a pretty accomplished writer and knows his stuff. All I'm saying is that it should matter more for the WWE title rather than just A.J. You can include A.J but the WWE title is seriously losing credibility and they're really forgetting about it.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
My bad Angelo don't worry, he's a good friend of mine. Fan boy whatever you say but he's a pretty accomplished writer and knows his stuff. All I'm saying is that it should matter more for the WWE title rather than just A.J. You can include A.J but the WWE title is seriously losing credibility and they're reallyforgetting about it.

Dude the whole thing is about WWE title thats why bryan has been trying to get with AJ because she is the ref of the match . this has been a greats storyline untill now ,it's not like " i want wwe title , i deserve it more than you , its my destiny blah blah blah e.t.c.. horseshit). It has been a long story , greatly built around 2 guys and a girl . I remeber 2 years ago , everybody on the fourms were whining about not having long-term storyline anymore and now we got a long fued between two internet darlings , who are givng us great match everytime , people are still whining . Sure its a bit soap-opearish but still everyweek we get a new twist which equal to interesting TV and the fact that ratings for the Bryan-Punk segments are high for the past month proves that WWE universe is enjoying it .

Last edited:

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I seriously don't see why people are hating on Punk. And this current story. Can you name the last time the WWE title has been in a story featured as much as this one? Probably can't without saying the Punk/Cena one from last year.

Even Austin and Rock couldn't do a promo every week for their entire careers. Cut Punk some fucking slack. He's taken what he's given, and is making it awesome none the less. I think you guys are mad cause Punk is being a "Smark Hero" anymore and is actually just being CM Punk. Do you really want him to be cutting shoot promos every week? And if he did you same exact people would just hate on him for that. Wrestling fans are so fickle.

I think many people just are so anti-women that because this story is about a girl, and "Love" they can't accept it. It's been the best story in WWE in a long time. Let me ask you this, what other story has been better for the WWE title? And if you hate it, and current Punk so much, then what would you like to see different?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I loved the angle up until this past Raw. They almost single handily ruined it in one night with that stupid proposing stuff. Up until then though, it's been awesome.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I loved the angle up until this past Raw. They almost single handily ruined it in one night with that stupid proposing stuff. Up until then though, it's been awesome.

I can see that. The proposing stuff WAS a little too far, and stupid, but I still don't think it was that bad.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I did, and the sad thing is, it was probably the second best segment on this Raw. Cena's was the best even though he really didn't do anything but repeat all the things he's already said, but it was the only segment that wasn't horrible.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I thought the Eve/Punk segment was good, even though it was short. The highlight of the night was the tag team match. Was a lot better than I expected, and put over Money in the Bank very well.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Agreed, it was also the only match over 3:30. I think it went like 16 minutes or something like that and the total match time for this Raw was around 25.

Pete

Reaction score
LOL @ everybody gushing over segment, then pissing on segment in the next page.

LOL @ people marking out for the laptop, whatinthebloodyfuck?

Oh dear...just when I was thinking of starting to watch wrestling again...

#notasmark

Also, Bad Romance for theme song of the AJ/Punk/Bryan angle anyone?!

I'm going to leave you with this rant that my friend said that was so perfect that you'll get the idea.

Let me get this straight. One year ago, CM Punk was the "Voice of the Voiceless" that delivered epic promos on a weekly basis about things that were wrong with the company he worked for. Now he's the equivalent of a 15 year old boy that can't talk or stand up for himself because of the actions of a 90 pound woman who controls the fate of the most prestigious championship in the history of WWE. And this is supposed to make people WANT to pay $50 (or whatever it may cost) to see a WWE Title match on TV? What the hell? Seriously. Is this really the best thing they could come up with for how to book the WWE Title? I'd rather see somebody throw it into a river again and forget it ever existed because this is not a good way to build up the credibility (if there is any left) of something that is supposed to matter. Last year CM Punk was the best performer in WWE. No question about it. Now he's still an awesome performer when he gets the chance to wrestle and sink his teeth into a story, but right now in this storyline he's become just another guy. He's mentally weak. He's a wimp. He's not somebody my 13 year old nephew can look up to because his weaknesses are shining through. I realize it's part of the story to show that a woman can control him, but this is CM Punk. He's the same guy that messed with Rey Mysterio's kid daughter just because he knew it would give him an advantage. Last week this woman shoved him through a table while he's in a match that he's supposed to want to win. He doesn't seem to care, though. He's just another guy. Fans don't want to root for another guy. They want somebody special. They want to root for the "Best in the World" not some average guy. The current WWE Champion is not special right now. He should be. And I f**king hate it.

Or maybe he is, since those weaknesses make kids see that nobody can be perfect all of the time, and even the more stand-up guy can sometimes fail? Thereby not setting ridiculously high expectations for their lives?

#oldfartpov

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Personally, I just think that sounds like a fanboy rant all because he's not cutting worked shoots anymore.

If he can't talk or stand up for himself, then why did he essentially blow off AJ last week and then refuse the marriage proposal this week? It's not like she's snapping her fingers and he comes running, or she's speaking for him is it?If I paid for PPV's then i'm pretty sure i'd pay for this one because it's got an interesting albeit very soap operaish story to it instead of the usual bullshit 'You've got the title, I want it!' She pretty much turned down the guy who wanted her but in turn got turned down by the guy she wanted. Her being at ringside with that attached would be interesting enough, but the fact that's the referee and has the power to sway the match anyway she wants makes it even more interesting.

Bringing up what he did to Rey's daughter is irrelevant aswell because obviously he was a heel then. He's hardly another fucking guy because of the storyline, hell i'd say he'll become better off because of it because the storyline is giving the different audiences a chance to get emotionally invested in the storyline instead of the bullshit that this guy wants and that's 'I'm best in the world.'

Sorry, just screams of massive fanboyism.

Great point and one which I meant to bring up. It is true that since turning face the Punk character has been watered down but in the case of this he is just showing human emotions and as Tapeout pointed out it is all connected to the WWE title because of AJ's involvement as guest ref on sunday.