WWE RAW 9th July 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
AJAI.jpg

Last week’s Raw SuperShow redefined the word “fallout” when AJ’s lip-lock with WWE Champion CM Punk ended with her putting both Punk and No. 1 contender Daniel Bryan through a table. Elsewhere, Alberto Del Rio responded to becoming No. 1 contender to the World Heavyweight Title with a veritable rampage through the roster. And one of the most exciting Money in the Bank Ladder Match participants picked up a surprise win last week that cost him dearly. How will things play out this Monday on Raw SuperShow? We have a couple of ideas …

Don’t cue the Kiss Cam just yet: AJ’s smooch with CM Punk last week was less a declaration of affection than a harbinger of doom, as the befuddled WWE Champion soon found himself airborne until Daniel Bryan and a table broke The Second City Saint’s fall. The Geek Goddess followed up that bit of business with a far more ominous play on SuperSmackDown LIVE: The Great American Bash when she kissed both Bryan and Punk, who, uncharacteristically, seemed more moved by The Geek Goddess’ affections than he has in recent weeks. As she prepares to guest referee Punk and Bryan’s WWE Title Match at Money in the Bank, it’s safe to assume AJ is up to something. The question is: what is it?

The WWE Board of Directors gave Alberto Del Rio what he’s been asking for and named him No. 1 contender to the World Heavyweight Championship, and The Essence of Excellence responded with an uncharacteristic streak of brutality. He beat Sin Cara down before their match on Raw could even begin, and slammed the hood of his car on World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus’ torso on SuperSmackDown LIVE (WATCH). Who’ll be the next Superstar to face The Mexican Aristocrat’s wrath on Raw SuperShow?

It’s safe to say the WWE Universe is starting to get a good idea of what Tyson Kidd is about. The dynamic former Tag Team Champion has been on a roll since winning his way into the World Heavyweight Championship Contract Money in the Bank Ladder Match. But his latest victory – a quick roll-up of Tensai – came with a cost as the towering expatriate administered a vicious beat down on him in the locker room afterward. Kidd has tweeted he won’t be kept down by the attack, but is a rematch in order between the two?

The Prime Time Players have ducked out of not one, but two matches since becoming the No. 1 contenders to Kofi Kingston & R-Truth’s Tag Team Titles. Kingston has called out PTP’s manager, A.W., on Twitter for not allowing the teams to battle it out officially, but there is a more important issue at work here: A.W.’s previous clients, Primo & Epico, lost their own No. 1 contendership when the smooth-talking manager failed to utilize their rematch clause after Kingston & Truth took the Tag Titles from them. A.W. needs to make his move soon, or risk his dynamic young tag team losing their greatest asset toward tag-team dominance.

c8A5n.jpg

We know Zack Ryder will be taking over SmackDown for the week, having Woo-Woo-Wooed his way into the blue brand’s GM’s office by winning the Battle Royal on SuperSmackDown LIVE (WATCH). But while The Ultimate Broski gives SmackDown – err, ZackDown – his own unique spin, Raw is left without a figurehead for the week as of yet. Who’ll take over the reins for the red brand when Raw reconvenes Monday? Tune in and find out!

-----

Discuss

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Once again, I'm probably looking forward to what they do with Kidd and Slater the most.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
WWE Monday Night Raw starring AJ Lee.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
All I read was Del Rio was on fire.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Slater promos are thing i'm looking forward to the most. Can't wait to hear what world he drops in to tip off who his opponent is gonna be.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Slater promos are thing i'm looking forward to the most. Can't wait to hear what world he drops in to tip off who his opponent is gonna be.
It's time, once again for everybody to come aboard the SLAAAAAAAAAAAAATER TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN :hm:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'll yell at my TV rooting for him if that helps.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
It's time, once again for everybody to come aboard the SLAAAAAAAAAAAAATER TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN :hm:

Wouldn't he say come aboard the ONE MAN BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN. 8D

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The One Man Band Wagon :mark:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Is this not the last raw before MITB?

Will try and watch last weeks when it is repeated tomorrow on sky and might give this one ago too. The stuff with AJ and Del Rio are heating up.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I thought MITB was the week after Destination X.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Jericho and Cena were really good last week hopefully they get some mic time again this week.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
F4Wonline.com is reporting Bob Backlund is a very possible choice to return tonight on Raw as the legend who faces Heath Slater.

Reportedly Backlund was visiting his mother in Minnesota and did tell people he was headed to Denver, Colorado which is where Raw is at tonight.

Don't really wanna see him tonight. Would much rather someone of a bigger name since we just have 2 episodes remaining til the 1,000th RAW. Oh well. I guess they'll pull all the stars out on the 1,000th RAW.. Him returning just won't be me getting all excited.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Bigger name? Really, Hatred? That guy is a champion's champion.