WWE RAW 9th July 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Thanks have edited post.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
i2TiqpJWApPkO.gif

That was so awesome, one of the few things worth watching. Also, this Raw had a little over 25 minutes of in-ring action, about 17 of that being he tag match halfway through.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Raw was absolutely horrible. I can't find much positives other than Bob Backlund looking like a well shaped senior citizen. You can rip on TNA all you want, but its sure as hell more entertaining than what WWE has to offer past few weeks. So many problems but a big one is what the hell has happened to CM Punk? They have literally made him a puppet to a 90 pound girl. Its sickening to think at this time last year he was the messiah of wrestling and being the voice of the voiceless. AJ was awful this show and the whole yes thing she does is getting beyond lame. Leave it to Bryan and stop tryin (word life). Hopefully in some crazy scenario has Jericho and Ziggler winning MITB but I'd have no problem with Cena winning it. If its guys like Show and Tensai, then good lord. Be ready to see posts like #SummerofAries and #TNA because this is just getting ridiculous.

Also Wade Barrett please come back soon.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Holyshit, I didn't even make the connection.

This Raw gets a thumbs down from me, after a solid outing lastweek, this one just doesn't compare. Especially going into a PPV, a weak go-home show imo.

Hornswoggle as mystery GM makes about as much sense as the whole mystery GM, but it got my 9 year old niece laughing, so it did its job and I can't complain about that.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I consider this the worst RAW of 2012.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I consider this the worst RAW of 2012.

You saying this was worse than Ryder not being able to change a tire and Cena playing hero to Kane's embrace the hate?

Also, don't expect much from a soap opera and you'll find it more enjoyable to watch.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
You saying this was worse than Ryder not being able to change a tire and Cena playing hero to Kane's embrace the hate?

Also, don't expect much from a soap opera and you'll find it more enjoyable to watch.

That's been my approach for a while now, but even with low expectations that Raw was horrible. This Raw probably was the worse, but the first couple at the beginning of the year are definitely close.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
The only thing i look forward to is Punk-AJ-Bryan triangle . Other than that , i just fast forward the whole thing and dont miss anything

DashX

Reaction score
I've watched this weeks Raw and it was an awful episode, I guess since the computer GM was the GM of Raw they decided to make this the worst Raw since the computer GM was in charge.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Raw was absolutely horrible. I can't find much positives other than Bob Backlund looking like a well shaped senior citizen. You can rip on TNA all you want, but its sure as hell more entertaining than what WWE has to offer past few weeks. So many problems but a big one is what the hell has happened to CM Punk? They have literally made him a puppet to a 90 pound girl. Its sickening to think at this time last year he was the messiah of wrestling and being the voice of the voiceless. AJ was awful this show and the whole yes thing she does is getting beyond lame. Leave it to Bryan and stop tryin (word life). Hopefully in some crazy scenario has Jericho and Ziggler winning MITB but I'd have no problem with Cena winning it. If its guys like Show and Tensai, then good lord. Be ready to see posts like #SummerofAries and #TNA because this is just getting ridiculous.

Also Wade Barrett please come back soon.

Don't get where you are coming from here he is being a human being. The reason fans tune in to wrestling is to see complex characters not just muscle heads screaming and shouting and just running over people. How does his feelings for AJ make him any less of a wrestler or a cutting edge character? And sorry but you are wrong about her because she has been great in these segments.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'm going to leave you with this rant that my friend said that was so perfect that you'll get the idea.

Let me get this straight. One year ago, CM Punk was the "Voice of the Voiceless" that delivered epic promos on a weekly basis about things that were wrong with the company he worked for. Now he's the equivalent of a 15 year old boy that can't talk or stand up for himself because of the actions of a 90 pound woman who controls the fate of the most prestigious championship in the history of WWE. And this is supposed to make people WANT to pay $50 (or whatever it may cost) to see a WWE Title match on TV? What the hell? Seriously. Is this really the best thing they could come up with for how to book the WWE Title? I'd rather see somebody throw it into a river again and forget it ever existed because this is not a good way to build up the credibility (if there is any left) of something that is supposed to matter. Last year CM Punk was the best performer in WWE. No question about it. Now he's still an awesome performer when he gets the chance to wrestle and sink his teeth into a story, but right now in this storyline he's become just another guy. He's mentally weak. He's a wimp. He's not somebody my 13 year old nephew can look up to because his weaknesses are shining through. I realize it's part of the story to show that a woman can control him, but this is CM Punk. He's the same guy that messed with Rey Mysterio's kid daughter just because he knew it would give him an advantage. Last week this woman shoved him through a table while he's in a match that he's supposed to want to win. He doesn't seem to care, though. He's just another guy. Fans don't want to root for another guy. They want somebody special. They want to root for the "Best in the World" not some average guy. The current WWE Champion is not special right now. He should be. And I f**king hate it.

Angelo

Reaction score
It's from TJRwrestling.com and written by John Canton, thanks for mentionning the source.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm going to leave you with this rant that my friend said that was so perfect that you'll get the idea.

Let me get this straight. One year ago, CM Punk was the "Voice of the Voiceless" that delivered epic promos on a weekly basis about things that were wrong with the company he worked for. Now he's the equivalent of a 15 year old boy that can't talk or stand up for himself because of the actions of a 90 pound woman who controls the fate of the most prestigious championship in the history of WWE. And this is supposed to make people WANT to pay $50 (or whatever it may cost) to see a WWE Title match on TV? What the hell? Seriously. Is this really the best thing they could come up with for how to book the WWE Title? I'd rather see somebody throw it into a river again and forget it ever existed because this is not a good way to build up the credibility (if there is any left) of something that is supposed to matter. Last year CM Punk was the best performer in WWE. No question about it. Now he's still an awesome performer when he gets the chance to wrestle and sink his teeth into a story, but right now in this storyline he's become just another guy. He's mentally weak. He's a wimp. He's not somebody my 13 year old nephew can look up to because his weaknesses are shining through. I realize it's part of the story to show that a woman can control him, but this is CM Punk. He's the same guy that messed with Rey Mysterio's kid daughter just because he knew it would give him an advantage. Last week this woman shoved him through a table while he's in a match that he's supposed to want to win. He doesn't seem to care, though. He's just another guy. Fans don't want to root for another guy. They want somebody special. They want to root for the "Best in the World" not some average guy. The current WWE Champion is not special right now. He should be. And I f**king hate it.
Personally, I just think that sounds like a fanboy rant all because he's not cutting worked shoots anymore.

If he can't talk or stand up for himself, then why did he essentially blow off AJ last week and then refuse the marriage proposal this week? It's not like she's snapping her fingers and he comes running, or she's speaking for him is it?

If I paid for PPV's then i'm pretty sure i'd pay for this one because it's got an interesting albeit very soap operaish story to it instead of the usual bullshit 'You've got the title, I want it!' She pretty much turned down the guy who wanted her but in turn got turned down by the guy she wanted. Her being at ringside with that attached would be interesting enough, but the fact that's the referee and has the power to sway the match anyway she wants makes it even more interesting.

Bringing up what he did to Rey's daughter is irrelevant aswell because obviously he was a heel then. He's hardly another fucking guy because of the storyline, hell i'd say he'll become better off because of it because the storyline is giving the different audiences a chance to get emotionally invested in the storyline instead of the bullshit that this guy wants and that's 'I'm best in the world.'

Sorry, just screams of massive fanboyism.