WWE RAW 2nd January 2012 - It Begins LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The only good thing about this episode of RAW was Jericho returning and the match between Dolph Ziggler and CM Punk. They put on an incredible match and the ending was good where they had to sell off the feud leading up to the Royal Rumble Championship Match announcement. I can't wait to see what they can do at in my opinion, the second best PPV of the year behind WrestleMania. WWE are really giving Ziggler some time to shine.

Since WWE knew that Jericho would get an amazing pop for his return and the long wait from the hyped vignettes for so many weeks leading to it, him not speaking when he finally returns would piss people off, you could tell he is turning heel by his grin before he went backstage. Jericho can go from face to heel without cutting a promo. He is an amazing troll and I loved his attempts on twitter but that picture at the airport from earlier today just ruined it. And the constant story switching from Hawaii to Canada, etc.

Can't wait for the Best In The World feud.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
I'm not mad that Jericho is back. I'm not mad that he didn't say anything in his return. This is fine. I'm absolutely okay with this. I got a laugh out of it even.

But yet... I'm super, super, SUPER pissed off right now. The little girl. Featured in most all of the vignettes. Unexplained. The most intriguing part of the vignettes. Unexplained. Will her part be explained? If it's not I'm seriously going to throw a fit. WWE can't drop the ball on every fucking storyline they do and leave continuity errors out there left and right. It's getting frustrating how bad the writing is these days. Please explain the little girl next week. Please.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
There's an article on WWE.com saying that it will be explained soon.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I wonder what Jerichos next tweet (or tweets) will be.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I reckon he won't tweet much leading to RAW really. Maybe he'll play the fans saying it's good to be back or some shit then once he speaks on RAW next week he'll cut a heel promo

TheZig

Reaction score
At the time i was pissed when Jericho just took the ring for 5 minutes and the only words we got out of him was ''YEAH, YEAH. YEAH'' But now looking back, This could be a wise move. WWE.com highlights the 'she' and 'take what is rightfully his' mainly in the article so im expecting Stephanie back in some form sooner than later, This could be really interesting.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
What Jericho did was smart, it's funny how everyone on my Facebook is bitching about Jericho and saying they hate him cos he didn't speak and such lol

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
As I said before, the return was great and there was no disappointment at all. This just shows how creative and how good Jericho is at what he does. He took the excitement of his return and turned that into instant heat from even the smartest of fans to make them look like idiots.

Vivido

Reaction score
Just watched RAW, Ziggler/Punk was great and there match at the Rumbe should be an early contender for match of year, great to see Ziggler getting time with both Champs.

I really hate Kane, always have, have kept my mouth shut around here just in case this new Kane surprized me, he hasn't and won't, get him outta here, or at least have it result in Cena turning on Ryder and turning 100% heel heading into 'Mania, really seems to me the only good that can come out of this fued, which is shit.

Get sucked in Cena, please

Welcome back Jericho, you have been missed.

Zen

Reaction score
Andrew said:
Are you a troll or something? All you do is hate on everything...

The only person trolling today was the WWE. How can anyone kill a Memphis crowd? That crowd is always hot, and the wrestling business is still strong there, it is a historic spot, yet the crowd was DEAD tonight. Poor booking. What was exactly the point of having Jericho return, only for him to run around and do nothing? Aside from that fact, I, like quite a few other people, don't care for Jericho. He can be good on occasions but he burns himself out all too often. It has to be one of the worst returns I have seen in a while for a major star.

The ending was predictable and stale, Kane has been back for a few weeks, and hes been doing sloppy run ins. Not impressed. He doesn't even bother beating the shit out of people -- as dominant heels often do; one week he is ripping Cena's shirt off, the next he is pulling Ryder's leg. Nothing too exciting about that. I was much more excited by Sheamus hitting devastating strikes on the Miz, or DB hitting those fantastic kicks. The Main Event was horribly booked. There one nice match on the show(Punk/Ziggler), and basically almost everything else was a disappointment.

So yes, a shitty RAW. I wouldn't feel this way, if RAW was booked better. As far as your comment, I prefer not to mindless eat up everything -- if that is what you meant by "hating". I have given concrete reasons for most of the views I have posted on this board -- if you can't engage them in an intellectually interesting level, then, I am not interested at all with what you have to say(aside from your capacity as a moderator of course)

-----

As far as Jericho and the proposition that this was some way to make him go heel is concerned, it isn't a bad proposal, but this still doesn't excuse the creative team. There are better ways to troll the audience, you don't have to do this sort of stuff, when you actually have a guy who is capable of cutting decent promos. It just screams of lazy. It would have been understandable if this was some other wrestler who sucks on the mic -- but it wasn't, it was Jericho. Similarly, you don't need to have sloppy interference with Kane, when he simply use his strikes(which are usually decent) to beat up people rather doing all sorts of 'weird'(for a lack of a better term) stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Some of your points are valid there..

They did a fair few bits to develop some storylines, no idea why they're doing it when the Rumble's around the corner. Maybe for after Mania but still wasn't too bad, not many matches or segments killed it.

Way too much focus on Kane/Cena and it's interesting to see what's next.

PegasusKid

Reaction score
welcome bck Jericho look forward to that fued. Jericho Royal Rumble 2012 winner because Ounk vs Jericho fued, However i did think the return seemed more face Y2J than best in the world so im not to sure if they will play into that hand just yet. I think Cena turn is inevitable and inteested to see how its handled also think that the WHC maybe thrown into the Cena rock match for some reason (came to me in a nap during raw). All up show was meh but looking forward to rumble

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
I was watching RAW with a bunch of friends, and after hyping the creativity of the return videos... we were left disappointed. As a key note, I chose tonight to show them the product I love and get so much out of, and the entire thing fell flat. So much for getting new people into it. Jericho didn't do anything exciting to any average fan, but as all true wrestling fans, every week tells another chapter of a story... so we'll see.

As for the Kane segment, I noticed the entire ending segment went over pretty well with my friends, they seemed to like that ordeal... while I found it stupid. But, the WWE Championship match was a good one, lot of drama and excitement at the closing moments... good to see Ziggler get another Rumble Championship match. Even though he'll lose two years in a row.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I think most of us were left disappointed wanting more then expected.

Guess next week will give us a few answers.

Glad to see you posting here Jay, been a while