WWE RAW 19th November 2012 - Survivor Series Fallout LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Spoilers: Obviously this is going to continue results from SS so if you don't want to know the score look away now.

300px-WWE_RAW_logo.svg.png

20121118_EP_LARGE_PPV-survivorseries_V_ryback_R.jpg

NXT Invades Survivor Series
No this isn't 2010 this is 2012 and there is a new wave of NXT wrestlers debuting on WWE television. Just as Ryback looked to be getting the win and the title Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns attacked Ryback. They were dressed as security and they destroyed Ryback by putting him through a table. This allowed Punk to pin Cena to retain his title. Last month at HIAC Brad Maddox, another NXT wrestler, screwed over Ryback to help Punk retain so we now have four NXT guys that have appeared on the show helping out Punk. What is next for these guys? Are they part of a stable with Punk or with Heyman? Or were they just paid off by Heyman to ensure that Punk walked out with the title? Also what happens next with the WWE title, who is the number one contender?

20121118_LARGE_SS_dolph_vs_L.jpg

Ziggler Survives
In a strange SS match that didn't seem to go like anyone predicted it came down to just Orton and Ziggler in the end. Orton was in complete control but rather than pinning Ziggler he first went for the RKO, but decided against it before lining up for the punt. That delay allowed Ziggler to recover and hit a Superkick to get the victory. This is a big win for Ziggler and he now has a bit of momentum to go along with his MITB briefcase. What is next for Ziggler?

20121118_EP_LIGHT_PPV_survivorseries_sheamus-show2_R.jpg

Show vs. Sheamus III?
There wasn't a conclusive winner in the World title match at SS due to a ref bump and after the finish Sheamus decided to take apart Show with a steel chair. This is all leading to a deciding match in their feud at TLC. What gimmick do you think they will have for their match? Chair?

What else do you think will happen on RAW? What are you most looking forward to seeing?

Tune in for all that and a hell of a lot more on the three hour RAW tomorrow. Join in the fun and discuss the show LIVE as it happens with other WS members. The more members that get involved the more fun the thread is.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Marked for Ambrose & Rollins. Would've preferred someone like Kassius Ohno to have been the 3rd guy, but whatever. At least we're seeing 3 NXT guys being given a chance on the roster. They'll likely be revealed to be in a stable with Punk & Heyman, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if perhaps WWE delayed their introductions a little while longer and just have them help Punk retain the WWE title when the time comes to defend it.

As for the #1 contender, I seriously hope it's not Cena or Ryback.

WWE giving Ziggler the win was good of them.

Like I said in the Survivor Series thread, the ending to Big Show/Sheamus will lead to the stipulation at TLC. I think Big Show was in a Chair match last year at TLC too

And I hope to god this AJ/Vickie affair angle ends soon. Just have Vickie manage Tamina if necessary to feud with AJ and don't bring up anything about the 'affair' again.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am glad that WWE are bringing in some more guys as well. The midcard is so weak in WWE right now that they need more guys to help pad out the US and IC title divisions. I liked the way they were brought in and hopefully we find out what their alignment is on RAW tonight. I assume that they will be with Punk/Heyman but I don't know if it will just be a one off payment type storyline or if they will stick with them in a stable.

I hope that there is a new number one contender as well but I am struggling to come up with a face to face Punk at TLC. All the decent upper midcard faces had pretty poor results at SS so it would be odd seeing them get a title shot, would require WWE to actually come up with some creative booking to make them look like a contender.

I am another that wants the AJ/Vickie story to end. Not sure why they would run part of the angle on the PPV, save it for RAW but make it short. Might actually get Tamina over though so that could be a good thing, she can try to take Beth's spot on the roster.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I think it'd be a stupid/pointless way to introduce them for a one off payment type storyline.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The midcard is and has been fine the booking of the midcard is what is weak. I mean hell you got two great guys on the roster that have no perceivable relation to each other tagging, scratch that you have five as you've got Rey tied up in a tag DB, Kane, Gabriel and Kidd I'm all for tag teams but don't throw together your midcards just to claim you have a tag division. Two weeks ago Gabriel was facing Cesaro what happened to that? That was a fine Midcard match up. You have other mid carders that have nothing to do and would be great if they didn't have such shit gimmicks in Santino and Ryder. Not to mention 1/3 of 3MB in McIntyre. The midcard is fine the booking is shit.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It would be better if they stuck around in a stable I am just trying to think of as many alternatives as possible. I hope that we get a Vince appearance again to deal with the situation.

We should see a Fandango promo on this show as well which will be a big break from the debuts that these three had. They all seem like serious characters whereas Fandango has a bit of flair and gimmickiness to it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The midcard is and has been fine the booking of the midcard is what is week. I mean hell you got two great guys on the roster that have no perceivable relation to each other tagging, scratch that you have five as you've got Rey tied up in a tag DB, Kane, Gabriel and Kidd I'm all for tag teams but don't throw together your midcards just to claim you have a tag division. Two weeks ago Gabriel was facing Cesaro what happened to that? That was a fine Midcard match up. You have other mid carders that have nothing to do and would be great if they didn't have such shit gimmicks in Santino and Ryder. Not to mention 1/3 of 3MB in McIntyre. The midcard is fine the booking is shit.

But if you take them away from the tag team division then that pretty much destroys the tag team division. There aren't enough guys on the roster right now that are over enough to have people care about the two world title divisions, the tag team division and the two mid card divisions.

Who are the five/six guys chasing the IC title and who are the five/six that are chasing the US title? There should be half a dozen guys at least in the midcard division yet there is clearly no plan as to who goes after what. By adding in a few more guys to pad out the roster hopefully we will start to see some of them challenging each other to try to get a shot at those midcard titles to build up the prestige of those titles again.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'm not the one that's huge into tag teams. In the attitude era you had three man tag teams then you had guys that occassionally teamed. right now we have too many tag teams

Colons
Team Friendship
Team El Bocho
Team We bark like seals
Internation Airstrike
3MB
Kofi and Truth just broke up.
Rhodes Scholars
CoBro

and I'm sure I left some off.

I'm pretty sure we could pull two or three of those teams and then have random teams form and break up and that would satisfy midcard titles and tag titles. Also I have no idea what smackdown has as far as roster so I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of people.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
True there are a lot there at the moment but that basically came about because of the eight team tournament that they had to determine the number of contenders to Team Friendship's titles. It would be a bit pointless if they put some of those teams together for a couple of weeks and that was it, let it run it's course. Rhodes Scholars is a great example, two quality midcarders but they worked so well as a team it made sense to keep them together until their storyline feud with Team Friendship was over. Now that that is done they can go their seperate ways and that gives the show two more midcarders. Mysterio/Cara work really well together and they haven't gotten all the mileage out of it that they can, would be a waste to end it before it has reached it's peak. The only other random pairing is CoBro and even if they split it wouldn't add that much depth to the midcard.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
USOS and ascension needs to be on raw or sd more often.

Looking forward to tomorrow's show. Hopefully Ambrose has a match or so

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
USOS and ascension needs to be on raw or sd more often.

Looking forward to tomorrow's show. Hopefully Ambrose has a match or so

When Rhodes Scholars and another team break up they could easily phase in those two teams to cover the loses and allow more midcarders to fill the title divisions.

I doubt they will wrestle tomorrow, there is a decent chance that they might not even appear. If they are on the show they will just appear to cut a promo or to be talked to by Vince.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
This makes me interested in watching wrestling more. Looking forward to seeing this all unfold. I wonder how Punk and Heyman are going to go about it though. I half expect them to deny it was their plan.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
with Punk now seemingly tied up with the Rock through the Rumble, i see the three (ambrose, Rollins, Reigns) in some sort of feud against Cena and Ryback (maybe throw Maddox in there as well). I don't think they align themselves with Punk and Heyman... Anyone else think that this could eventually lead to Flair returning as the mastermind behind these debuts and interferences, when you include Maddox you do get 4 guys. Lesnar is eventually returning and will surely be aligned with Punk and Heyman so there is no need to have the others in there as well...