WWE RAW 18th July 2011 - LIVE Discussion *MITB PPV SPOILERS*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
That would be cool if he faced Del Rio. I'd be up for that.

I hope CM Punk wears that shirt again, I so want it. Sucks it was only on sale in Chicago tonight.

I'd pay $50-60 just for that shirt.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
- After Money in the Bank went off the air, Vince McMahon stood there shocked before finally walking off. He stopped to wait on John Laurinaitis. Officials helped Laurinaitis to the back but Vince laid him out with a right hand and walked off.

Could there be a storyline behind this? Vince/John...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That would be cool if he faced Del Rio. I'd be up for that.

I hope CM Punk wears that shirt again, I so want it. Sucks it was only on sale in Chicago tonight.

I'd pay $50-60 just for that shirt.

I was saying before they need to get stuff like that on the website. It would bring in huge money for them.

- After Money in the Bank went off the air, Vince McMahon stood there shocked before finally walking off. He stopped to wait on John Laurinaitis. Officials helped Laurinaitis to the back but Vince laid him out with a right hand and walked off.

Could there be a storyline behind this? Vince/John...

I think he was just there so that he could get punched by Cena rather than Vince being hit.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Definitely a must see show. Will Punk escape, will Del Rio win the belt, are Punk and Vince actually in cahoots, will Cena show up, a ton of great questions.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
^Punk vs. Austin on the same PPV as Cena vs. Rock would be awesome and the buyrate would be huge. They have teased Punk and Austin interactions for a few months now so if Austin was to come back for one match I am sure he would be very happy with Punk.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Punk vs. Austin would make Punk stay, was talking about that with a friend earlier on...

Have Vince demand Punk gives the belt back... Punk says he isn't contracted and if you want it you're going to have to chase for it...

CUE: Austin...

Austin comes out and says he's been watching Punk's work and he's glad someone took the words out of Vince's mouth, he makes an offer Punk cannot refuse... Wrestlemania 28.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I still see him taking some time off for rest. The good news is no-one knows if he has actually signed a short term extension so it is awesome that there are no spoilers out there about his situation and this storyline.

On a side note Punk is keeping the title safe (didn't have time to get the name plate changed which adds to the story more since it adds to the fact that he left the building right away);

b09zy.jpg

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I work afternoon shift so I called in sick today so I wouldn't miss Raw. I usually get home about 30 - 40 minutes after it starts and catch the parts I missed on the midnight rerun, but, fuck this, this is one Raw I NEED to watch from the second it starts.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
See I am not a big fan of the idea of Vince just stripping Punk, and then having some kind of tournment, of course it would be logical as Vince would be within his legal rights with Punk no longer being part of the company, and I know nothing can take away from how awesome last night was, but it would just be a flat ending to the saga for me, if Vince is just going to strip him, then the impact of Punk winning the title and leaving is lost. They need to drag this out as much as possible, and keep the title off TV for awhile also.

I think that Punk if he hasn't already, will sign a short time extension, just to see this thing out, so that it doesn't seem rushed. I can maybe see a Punk-Del Rio feud. They may both be heels, but ADR does have an axe to grind over Punk getting the title shot over him. I don't see him beating Punk tonight, but it is possible we might get a match between the two, ordered by the chairman of course. Really it was silly booking to have Del Rio win MITB having already won a title shot, it just confuses things, so the best thing would be to get the first one out of the way, and then he can cash in the brief case later on.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
I think we're gonna see a brand new strap.

With Punk saying he's going to be nowhere near the Raw Event, who the hell knows what is going to happen. I laughed at the fridge him, maybe he'll sell it on Ebay next lol!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Great idea EOR I was thinking along the same lines.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Just 25 minutes to RAW and man I'm excited for what it could produce tonight.

I see Drew McIntyre facing Ziggler after leaving him hanging to dry after the Handicap match... What do you think about that?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Also, did anyone notice that CM Punk didn't wear a Nexus Armband last night?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2