WWE Ranks Their Top 25 Talkers of All-Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
He isn't irrelevant, that's Japs and Indy wrestlers.

But he is a bush league wrestler, and to put him in HBK's class is a huge brain fart.

Raven did nothing in his whole career on a par with Michaels/Jericho.

And this is why you know fuck all about wrestling.

You live in this bubble where WWE is the only thing which is important to wrestling, even though WWE & WCW both admitted they used what you call so bush league and used it to win the ratings war... Johnny Ace brought False finishes and that style over WWE and now that's what people consider to be these "EPIC!" matches bullshit.

Raven is clearly a top mic man, certainly better than Shawn Michaels but there's so many more who are better than him... It's like saying Metallica are more talented or better than In Flames because they have a major mainstream platform... But In Flames are better band, and did stuff which set up others but because they ain't as big because of a lack of marketing per say compared to Metallica.

You're ideaology is bullshit because you base it on market hype and not any actual opinion...

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
HBK is still amazing and one of the greatest ever regardless whatever your bias hatred is for HBK. I recall your bullshit reasoning on why HBK isn't top 100 ever yet almost every wrestling fan I know and have spoken to you would laugh at you. Hell even the actual wrestlers across the world would laugh at your theory for HBK. I'll agree that his mic work wasn't that great and Raven had some strong moments, but your anger towards HBK is still laughable and hopefully nobody takes it seriously.

Reactions: 1 person

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
You got to love those wrestling purists that are supposed to have a great memory and supposed to be brilliant yet don't remember CM Punk's heel work. Other than shoot Punk, nothing beat SES and even his Nexus work was brilliant. Sure he got buried by Orton but the guy was one of the best heels that I've watched in my entire life (1998 to 2005- 2009 to now). Its just mind boggling how someone would say Punk just had that shoot run (that was still one of the greatest things ever none of the less) and totally negate what Punk did in the past.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
HBK is still amazing and one of the greatest ever regardless whatever your bias hatred is for HBK. I recall your bullshit reasoning on why HBK isn't top 100 ever yet almost every wrestling fan I know and have spoken to you would laugh at you. Hell even the actual wrestlers across the world would laugh at your theory for HBK. I'll agree that his mic work wasn't that great and Raven had some strong moments, but your anger towards HBK is still laughable and hopefully nobody takes it seriously.

How can it be bias when it's subjective? Sure I think HBK sucks as a wrestler, but not as an entertainer, do I find his matches great watch, yes... Some of my favorite matches which I like chilling too are HBK ones, but do I think he's a great talent, no.

It's like saying AJ Styles is a fantastic wrestler, he's a great athletic performing but he isn't a good wrestler by any stretch of the imagine... Shawn Michaels is 'above average' in terms of in-ring talent. Does Shawn Michaels wrestler better than Raven, probably in terms of how good he looks but Raven is more a psychological guy.

Even thinks cause I'm a Raven Mark, it makes me bias when it comes to arguing for against him, I'm a mark for him because I'm a huge fan of his work, I used to be a Shawn Michaels mark and Anti-Cena mark then I kinda grew up and learned how to be objective when it comes to discussing on wrestling forums... Something most people don't know how to do.

DashX

Reaction score
I thought it was an alright list, although I would take Santino off the list and switched the top 3 superstars I would have had Austin 3rd, The Rock 2nd, and Piper and the No.1 talker.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Raven didn't do a damn thing in the WWE, which is why he's not on the list and rightfully so. I can only remember ONE promo he did and it was on HeAT and was severely sub-par from what he was known for in ECW and WCW.

As far as Cena goes, to say he's decent on the mic is putting it mildly. He has absolutely zero composure when performing promos, he couldn't maintain a straight facial expression if his life depended on it, he's too easily excited and loses control of his voice at times, he loses interest of the crowd entirely too often, and he steals promo material from 90's pop culture far too often. His pro's... he has a good voice (when he's able to "corral" it's low frequency), he rarely fumbles his words, and he can do various types of promos effectively (ie serious, humorous, despair), he can get almost any crowd to cheer for him at least once, and he projects his presence well throughout the arena. I'm sorry, but no... he's not one of the "greats" and even though I'm not a fan of Cena, I'm not gonna throw him a fucking bone for his promos. He's a very good wrestler in the ring, but someone with as many imperfections as he has on the stick shouldn't be spoken of in the same sentence as Austin, Rock, Foley, Roberts, Jericho, Punk, Piper, Savage, Owen, or even Hogan.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
And this is why you know fuck all about wrestling.

You live in this bubble where WWE is the only thing which is important to wrestling, even though WWE & WCW both admitted they used what you call so bush league and used it to win the ratings war... Johnny Ace brought False finishes and that style over WWE and now that's what people consider to be these "EPIC!" matches bullshit.

Raven is clearly a top mic man, certainly better than Shawn Michaels but there's so many more who are better than him... It's like saying Metallica are more talented or better than In Flames because they have a major mainstream platform... But In Flames are better band, and did stuff which set up others but because they ain't as big because of a lack of marketing per say compared to Metallica.

You're ideaology is bullshit because you base it on market hype and not any actual opinion...

You forfeited your right to say anybody doesn't know about wrestling when you made that asinine comment about Michaels not being in the top 100 wrestlers of all time.

I don't know where you are going with these spaz-outs about hype either, as if to say somebody who likes Shawn Michaels is an easily swayed sheep that follows whatever the WWE say. Maybe he was just a really outstanding wrestler and is getting his props for that, shocking, I know.

Raven did zilch in a WWE environment, that same company Shawn Michaels was a hall of famer for. Comprende?

Reaction score
It's too bad that Owen's not on the list. I thought he was one of the best mic workers of all time.

As for the other wrestlers, I feel that Paul Heyman and Vince McMahon should be a lot higher on the list. I don't understand how Cena and Punk (please don't hate on me) are better than those two.

Glad to see Austin, Jericho, Piper, The Rock and Flair in the top five though.