WWE Ranks Their Top 25 Talkers of All-Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Jake Roberts isn't getting much attention at #6. I wasn't around for his day, is he actually that good on the mic?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Jake Roberts isn't getting much attention at #6. I wasn't around for his day, is he actually that good on the mic?

[video=youtube;XQU0MWMh81c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQU0MWMh81c[/video]

Never question this man ever again.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
My thoughts:

• John Cena being that high is ridiculous.
  • Santino being on the list at all is even more ridiculous.
  • Not nearly that big on Graham or Rude either, but whatever. Not a huge deal.
  • Hogan deserves to be where he is. Don't kid yourselves.
  • Don't have any huge gripes with Miz being there either, maybe just should have been lower.
  • Agreed Raven should have made the cut.
  • BIGGEST GRIPE: Owen Hart should have been a Top 10, that's really the gravest injustice of the entire list.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Raven only ever did promos on Heat. It wasn't like he was on Raw or SD cutting promos weekly or even monthly

Reaction score
I'm okay with the list, it is what it is... But personally I'd have Ted Dibiase Snr. way higher on the list, as would Rick Rude for me. I do agree the likes of Owen Hart, Razor Ramon and Raven should be on the list.

Another one that really should be on the list is Kurt Angle, if they can give Hulk Hogan a nod while being in TNA, then they can surely give the Olympic Gold Medalist one also.

Reactions: 1 person

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Totally forgot about angle, he should be on the list foreshore

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
I think Angle is a really tough one... It was kinda great but kinda sucked ass at the same, it's kinda hard to explain, he had intensity and damn could actually pump a promo filled with a emotion but I felt he lack substance sometimes, particularly at critical points during the promos.

Rock is a joke, amazing at capturing the card but did lack a lot of substance and pretty much a one trick pony in that sense, same with Austin - Post Top Draw Era. Cena deserves to be higher, regardless of the Anti-Cena marks, without a doubt the man is corny at times but when he delivers a serious, emotional, selling promo, he does it better than Rock or Austin ever did. Cena has prove he can do numerous styles of promoing from the rapper to the super hero gimmick, he covers it all and his execution without a doubt is the best.

Hulk Hogan knew how to work the crowd and I think his promo skills are quite unsung, especially during his main era (1986 - 1998), his execution and drawing power on the mic were second to none.

People are mentioning Hart & Ramon, both great candidates, more so Razor Ramon over Owen Hart, that also, Kevin Nash anybody? I know he's more a WCW guy, but when he's been around, he's always been good on the microphone, especially once he dropped the Diesel gimmick. But then you gotta look at the likes of Mick Foley, who really should be the best mic man of all time, it's kinda hard to find anymore versatile than him, the amount of different gimmicks and characters he betrayed, while giving them all unique emotions and narratives, he should be number one in an independent subjective list.

Undertaker missing is a irk to me, so is the lack of Jim Cornette, I find it really hard to believe they miss those two out but then again Jim Cornette has a love-hate relationship with WWE, so him being honored is a toughy but I'm guessing they're trying to keep The Undertaker honors abit more to his accomplishments than his mic ability.

Ummm, who else is missing or what else is wrong with this list... CM Punk is great, but nowhere near a GOAT on the microphone, he just did something a bit different and got attention for it, now he's boring and a bit dry to be honest. Then we have Miz and Santino, Santino is fantastic on the microphone but not a goat, Miz is hit and miss when it comes to working the crowd.

That's it, where the hell is D O, Double G... The Road Dogg Jessie James? I mean seriously, he was one of the best on the microphone for charisma, he should be on this list, especially over Miz and Santino Marella.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Rock is a joke, amazing at capturing the card but did lack a lot of substance and pretty much a one trick pony in that sense, same with Austin - Post Top Draw Era. Cena deserves to be higher, regardless of the Anti-Cena marks, without a doubt the man is corny at times but when he delivers a serious, emotional, selling promo, he does it better than Rock or Austin ever did.
:kidding:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Personally I found the "Raven should of been on there but Shawn Michaels is fucking terrible" part way funnier.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Personally I found the "Raven should of been on there but Shawn Michaels is fucking terrible" part way funnier.

That's because you're some simpleton, a pleb, who struggles to comprehend anything which is above average intelligence; you're the kind guy that would believe anything the WWE hype machine churns out... Oh wait, you are a guy that believes the WWE hype machine churns out. MY BAD!

Get an IQ above 100 then you might actually learn why there was a valid reason behind the theory/idea of Raven is a better promoer than Shawn Michaels... I can't think of one good Shawn Michaels' promo. "He lost his smile!?" or "D-X Promos!" that stuff was terrible, well He lost his Smile was but Triple H was far more engrossing and more appealing than HBK was back in DX.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think Angle is a really tough one... It was kinda great but kinda sucked ass at the same, it's kinda hard to explain, he had intensity and damn could actually pump a promo filled with a emotion but I felt he lack substance sometimes, particularly at critical points during the promos.

Rock is a joke, amazing at capturing the card but did lack a lot of substance and pretty much a one trick pony in that sense, same with Austin - Post Top Draw Era. Cena deserves to be higher, regardless of the Anti-Cena marks, without a doubt the man is corny at times but when he delivers a serious, emotional, selling promo, he does it better than Rock or Austin ever did. Cena has prove he can do numerous styles of promoing from the rapper to the super hero gimmick, he covers it all and his execution without a doubt is the best.

Hulk Hogan knew how to work the crowd and I think his promo skills are quite unsung, especially during his main era (1986 - 1998), his execution and drawing power on the mic were second to none.

People are mentioning Hart & Ramon, both great candidates, more so Razor Ramon over Owen Hart, that also, Kevin Nash anybody? I know he's more a WCW guy, but when he's been around, he's always been good on the microphone, especially once he dropped the Diesel gimmick. But then you gotta look at the likes of Mick Foley, who really should be the best mic man of all time, it's kinda hard to find anymore versatile than him, the amount of different gimmicks and characters he betrayed, while giving them all unique emotions and narratives, he should be number one in an independent subjective list.

Undertaker missing is a irk to me, so is the lack of Jim Cornette, I find it really hard to believe they miss those two out but then again Jim Cornette has a love-hate relationship with WWE, so him being honored is a toughy but I'm guessing they're trying to keep The Undertaker honors abit more to his accomplishments than his mic ability.

Ummm, who else is missing or what else is wrong with this list... CM Punk is great, but nowhere near a GOAT on the microphone, he just did something a bit different and got attention for it, now he's boring and a bit dry to be honest. Then we have Miz and Santino, Santino is fantastic on the microphone but not a goat, Miz is hit and miss when it comes to working the crowd.

That's it, where the hell is D O, Double G... The Road Dogg Jessie James? I mean seriously, he was one of the best on the microphone for charisma, he should be on this list, especially over Miz and Santino Marella.
Don't like how you put over some guys mic abilities but then didn't do the same with Punk and rather judged him solely on his summer of Punk WWE version rather than his abilities and body of work. When it comes to ability he's as talented as anybody and his first straight edge heel work and SES work when he was acting like he was god was some different stuff we hadn't seen in WWE and was great mic work.

As far as Austin goes 2003 onwards you might have a point but again like you did with Punk you didn't put over his ability and he had promos with substance. His vigenttes against Bret was classic stuff, his stuff against Vince was classic stuff. He also made himself go from a bad ass anti hero to being able to do the asshole/comedy heel and had a lot of great mic work in 01 to show he can be versatile.

Cena is a great mic worker with top notch ability but just don't agree with you only judging him and a few others by their body of work and talent like I said and discrediting others cause minus the did something different on the mic part the same gripe you have against Punk is the same you could say about Cena but still doesn't mean he isn't talented as hell on the mic.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
That's because you're some simpleton, a pleb, who struggles to comprehend anything which is above average intelligence; you're the kind guy that would believe anything the WWE hype machine churns out... Oh wait, you are a guy that believes the WWE hype machine churns out. MY BAD!

Get an IQ above 100 then you might actually learn why there was a valid reason behind the theory/idea of Raven is a better promoer than Shawn Michaels... I can't think of one good Shawn Michaels' promo. "He lost his smile!?" or "D-X Promos!" that stuff was terrible, well He lost his Smile was but Triple H was far more engrossing and more appealing than HBK was back in DX.

:lol:

Instead of being a hipster, can you remind me what Raven did in the WWE?

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Something like the most Hardcore Reigns of All-Time... Got Shane McMahon on crack, hense why they was uneasy on pushing him from what I understand... Regardless, his promo material even in WWE, heat was still better in substance, execution and approach than Shawn Michaels, it was natural, it flowed and was intelligent.

His work in ECW and TNA were much more free reign and possibly his better stuff, his ideas in WCW was good but WCW as just a pile of shit and didn't go through with anything which wasn't quick ratings.

WWE horribly misused so many guys, Raven was one of them but there was others... OH wait, to you they are irrelevant.

Alas, I don't see how I'm a hipsters... I don't even listen to Hip-Hop lol.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He isn't irrelevant, that's Japs and Indy wrestlers.

But he is a bush league wrestler, and to put him in HBK's class is a huge brain fart.

Raven did nothing in his whole career on a par with Michaels/Jericho.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't remember next to anything from Raven in WWE which is a shame because the could have done so much with him. Amazing mic worker one of my favs of all time but when it comes to WWE he didn't get a chance to even be in this discussion.