WWE Ranks Their Top 25 Talkers of All-Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
WWE.com said:
- WWE has ranked the top 25 all-time “Masters of the Micâ€￾ on their website. Here’s the full listing:

25. Captain Lou Albano
24. Rick Rude
23. Santino Marella
22. Ted DiBiase Sr.
21. The Miz
20. Jesse Ventura
19. Triple H
18. Paul Heyman
17. Edge
16. Vince McMahon
15. Billy Graham
14. Mick Foley
13. Hulk Hogan
12. CM Punk
11. Randy Savage
10. JBL
9. Bobby Heenan
8. Dusty Rhodes
7. John Cena
6. Jake Roberts
5. Chris Jericho
4. Ric Flair
3. The Rock
2. Roddy Piper
1. Steve Austin
What you guys think of this list?

Some issues I have with it such as Miz even being on it. I like him but he shouldn't be near the top 25 esp when a guy like HBK is no where in sight. Heyman should be higher, Triple H should be a lot higher, Punk should be higher, etc.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
No problems with the list, maybe drop Austin down for anyone else.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
How is Hulk Hogan on the list? I'm sorry, but I never liked his mic skills.

Punk should be way higher right now. As should Edge, Edge was one of the best on the mic in my opinion.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Personal opinion aside... Where the fuck is Raven, even in WWE his microphone skills was top notch, just didn't get used as well as in other companies.

How is Foley not in the top five? Hulk Hogan on the list isn't a bad call actually, but Nitch should be higher, Shawn Michaels doesn't deserve to be on the list but they're missing people like The Undertaker.

This list is not that good at all.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I would have had Rock as number 1 personally, but I guess you could take any of the top 4 and switch them around to suit your personal preference.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Personal opinion aside... Where the fuck is Raven, even in WWE his microphone skills was top notch, just didn't get used as well as in other companies.

How is Foley not in the top five? Hulk Hogan on the list isn't a bad call actually, but Nitch should be higher, Shawn Michaels doesn't deserve to be on the list but they're missing people like The Undertaker.

This list is not that good at all.
Wouldn't have made much sense to put Raven on a WWE list since we really didn't get to really hear him talk a whole lot in WWE and his stint was pretty forgettable sadly.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with the top 5, and I guess that's what matters the most. I'm glad Rock didn't get number 1, he's great, but I preferred Austin's work, as well as Pipers (from what I saw), so 3 is the right position. Cena at 7 is also good, honestly anyone that says this guy can't work the mic is stupid, sure he's corny at times but a lot of the time that's what works, and when he steps it up he's solid as hell. Surprised Taker did not make the list though.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm happy with the list. I don't see how people are really mad about an OPINIONATED list, it's not law. Piper being pissed at being number 2 made my day the other day on Twitter though.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Rock number 1 haha. Mic work is more about ripping on people and catch phrases. Rock being top 3 is pretty generous but he's top five no matter what. Rock is awesome on the mic but if he was number 1, I laugh pretty hard. This list isn't that bad. JBL getting his respect was AWESOME, he's a fantastic heel. Jericho making the top five was great because he truly deserves it. I'm happy guys like Triple H and Edge weren't that too high. Even as a huge Edge fan, I wasn't crazy about him as a face. The same goes to Triple H in terms of being great heels. Triple H and Edge deserve to be on the list but they were put in right position. I'm happy for Punk and Foley getting spots higher than I expected. I though Triple H would be in top ten which wouldn't have surprised me but it would make me shake my head. Heyman and DiBiase were also great picks that made me happy.

I'm not too upset about the list even though Miz and Santino have no business being on it. Shawn Michaels definitely deserves it and possibly someone like a Christian although when has Christian gotten any kind of royal respect. Kane is another guy that really delivered on promos as a heel. I just don't get how Santino makes it when he's just a comedy figure. You should be able to cut a serious promo and he can't do that because of his character. Mic work is more than just ripping on someone or being funny, it's damn intensity.

The first two guys got picked are definitions of intensity. It's a damn good list just not a fan of Miz and Santino on it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Foley should be in the top 5
Hulk Hogan @ 13 :lmao
HHH is a bit low
Santino and Miz should not even be on the list
Jericho is crazy high on the list

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Only reason Rock would not be on the top of my list is simply because I feel there are more versatile mic workers than him (HHH, Foley for examples)

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
No doubt, it's just down to personal preference and what you want from your promos. Just gave me a laugh the way BRJP was trying to discredit The Rock as if he was just a catchphrase machine and that's it when Austin himself had plenty of catchphrases, not to mention he introduced the worst one ever with the WHAT chants.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Miz and Santino irks me.
Trips is way too low for all the long promos he's had and feuds he's sold
Needs The Bad Guy, Razor Ramon

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Rock does that which is why i said he right at the top. Rock is obviously one of the best of all time and I like him but the fact is that he gets too silly at times and doesn't sound as good as Piper or Austin when they get real close and personal. He sounded way too dramatic and not that natural but he was still great. Great call on Razor Ramon! He would have been a great choice as well.