WWE Overachievers/Underachievers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I'm not defending Eddie since I was never really a fan on him but he did wrestle real well and could use the microphone real good. He could do it all, brawl, high fly, technical wrestle, submission wrestle, hardcore, everything. He was a real good all round wrestler, one of the best... but not the best. He could definitely put on a good match with anyone thats all the credit I will give him.

Nation

Ill start with Eddie i was always a eddie fan because he is great on the mic and he was a great wrestler. Sense he died everyone turned Eddie into an overrated wrestler. Eddie was one of the best but to call him the best ever you must be a crackhead. As for Owen i don't recall watching him much when i was a kid but for the past year i have studied him and realized how amazing he was. Sure he had his downfalls on the mic but im a wrestling fan not a acting/drama fan. So that doesn't matter to me and imo Owen is in the top 15 wrestlers. Now for Perfect to call him a midcard guy should be a crime this guy was a awesome wrestler and incredible on the mic. I don't care who disagrees with me i know he should have been WWE champion. To answer the question when wrestlers die people learn how great or bad they were so that's why they get more fans.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Who are some guys or women in WWE history you consider people who over and under achieved for whatever reason.

Overachiever: Kevin Nash(Diesel) - Didn't ever think he would get as long of a WWF title run as he did considering he wasn't exactly that good of a in ring worker and his charisma and mic ability didn't really get shown until the NWO in WCW. Then in WCW near the end of it he got some title reigns he probably shouldn't have.

Underachiever: Mr. Kennedy (Anderson) - Seemed like it was inevitable that he was going to not only be a WWE champion but multiple time and possible one of the faces of the WWE but something always got in the way and never reached his full potential in WWE and still hasn't to this day.

Kairi

Reaction score
overachiever - kelly kelly ; i just think there are other women who should be where she is at this moment.

underachiever - dibase jr. i guess it's just cause he can't get into his gimmick or his music sucks but i think he has a lot of potential if it's ever opened up.

i'm a add a just right

just right - cody rhodes. i feel cody is just where he needs to be at this moment.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Overachiever, Zack Ryder considering he still looks like a jobber. I'd say I'm still a fan of him, though.

Underachiever, Tyson Kidd, The Usos... Undercard guys with a lot of talent that look great in the ring even with more experienced superstars.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Overachiever - Zack Ryder for sure, can't really think of anyone else who comes close. Sin Cara perhaps, if you consider the investment in him that has mostly resulted in botchtastic matches. The Nash one is particularly good as well, considering how dumb it was to put the title on him the first time and ruin Backlund's incredible heel momentum. Plus he almost broke Backlund's neck with his powerbomb.

Underachiever - Chris Masters. Hell, he isn't even employed anymore, but he had gotten a lot better in recent months and his selling was at or near the top of the roster.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Overachiever - Edge. I don't really have anything heavy against him, but he was never exactly the sharpest wrestler out there, nor much of a look about him apart from the blonde hair. So I'm very surprised he's held more championships in WWE than probably anyone else before him, also factoring his proneness to injury and the fact that he built his name on his tag team days with Christian (who, ironically, is arguably one of the biggest UNDERachievers over the last 10 years).

Underachiever - Rob Van Dam. He and Booker were probably the only two people to get over out of ALL the people who came in during the Invasion angle, even out-popping most of the WWF guys. So I'm surprised they never really did much with him. Even after he beat Cena for the title during SuperCena's ridiculous prime, RVD still couldn't shake the mid-carder label. One could argue his weed habit, but I'd like to direct those people to Jeff Hardy.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Overachiever: Stone Cold Steve Austin.

The ultimate overachiever. Austin was going nowhere for years in WCW, was fired on the phone, told he'd never be more than a midcard wrestler and then he became the biggest draw in the history of the business. How much more of an overachiever could one be?

Overachiever: John Bradshaw Layfield.

Who would've thought Blackjack Bradshaw would become the best heel of the last decade? I damn sure didn't. Circumstances aside, the fact that he made it to the world title is an absolute miracle.

Overachiever: Sheamus.

This dude has absolutely nothing. Can't talk, can't wrestle, can't be taken seriously with that goofy ass Chia Pet hair, he fucking sucks. He knows how to buddy up to the son in law, though, so he gets pushed. The way of the world, sadly. Left to his own devices, he'd sink like a stone, like Ezekiel Jackson.

Overachiever: Rey Mysterio.

By all accounts, he accomplished a LOT more than someone of his size should.

Overachiever: The Miz.

He came from the total bottom of the card to the top of the company. Astonishing. Thankfully, unlike Sheamus, he actually earned it.

Overachiever: Jeff Hardy.

This idiot is the one that baffles me the most. HIM? Seriously? I don't even need to berate him like I usually do, I need one word for this.....HIM?

Overachiever: Christian.

He was never expected to be world champion. By hook or by crook, he finally got his reward. Short lived, but he pulled it off somehow.

Underachiever: Mr. Kennedy.

He should've been the face of the company. It's a tragedy what happened to him.

Underachiever: Jake Roberts.

How in the bloody hell was this guy never a champion? Not even a WWE Champion, just not A champion, period?

Underachiever: Wade Barrett.

Everything about him, from an unbelievable presence, to his mic skills, to his portrayal of a heel, to his look screams permanent main eventer, but WWE doesn't give a fuck. What a shame.

Underachiever: Alex Riley.

This guy would be in Del Rio's position right now with all the things he brings to the table under normal circumstances. He's got main eventer written all over him, even face of the company material, but because he's green and made a bunch of dumb mistakes, he's not even on tv any longer. Hopefully he has a Miz like rise soon enough. He's basically Kennedy without a personal ring introduction.

Underachiever: MVP.

Had all the tools, he just never got there, for whatever reason.

Underachiever: Drew Mcintyre.

It's hilarious what happened to Vince McMahon's little pet project. Horrible wrestler, he got what he deserved, but he was definately expected to succeed.

Underachiever: Mr. Perfect.

To this day I can't figure out how Curt Hennig was not WWE Champion, it's mind boggling. He's like the prototype for a WWE wrestler.

There's definately a lot more for both categories. Most of the company fits into the category of people who had more success than expected or no success.